Fourteenth Bump

Small Bump
Please log in to read the full chapter

holy crap wait what. is this an optical illusion?? a small bump UPDATE? /checks calendar/ no...it's not April 1st. hmmm.....must be a real one then!

i managed to write another one after an eternity, sorry guys! and sorry ahead if this chapter . i had written like half of it moooonths ago but i never got arround finishing it. stuff happened and i also wrote a few other things (yes woogyu pfff). short info to my other stories: CITD will stay on hiatus for now. It's not dropped, I swear! I've got stuff planned for CITD!! / Rotw sequel is officially in the making but I'm stick to a finish-before-posting-routine for this (12k words atm) / Same for the gyumiho story I'm working on. Yes, there is a long gyumiho story coming (20k words atm but not even 50% done i think lol) / ...so you see i haven't been NOT writing woogyu. i just haven't posted anything. i thought it might be better to wait instead of posting like one chapter a year and then getting distracted by something else. do you guys agree or do you want me to just post the stuff already haha?

lot's of stuff happened, like hoya leaving infinite. i was sad but i'm supportive of him! they parted on good terms and we should respect their decisions. plus, they're still friends with him. hoya and infinite both, hwaiting!

sorry for the long rant!! i hope you guys are still around TT chopsticks, come back from the dead!! #chopsticksunite

 

In the end, the list was thrown away. When they ate breakfast the next morning, they realized it was a pretty stupid and childish list. They made a ‘proper’ contract instead. Woohyun was going to work as a babysitter for Sunggyu. He wouldn’t get paid but instead be allowed to live in Sunggyu’s apartment for free. All meals were included in the contract, but Woohyun would have to pay for any “private” expenses. Meaning when Woohyun went out on dates and so on, it wasn’t Sunggyu’s money he would spend. There was also a clause stating Woohyun wasn’t going to fight Sunggyu for Haneul’s custody. If the older man wanted to terminate the contract, he would need to state a good reason for it, for example Woohyun breaking one of the contract’s rules. Regarding the former list, they came to a quiet understanding. They wouldn’t bring any dates home as long as they were living together.

After eating breakfast, Sunggyu left Woohyun and Haneul alone at his old apartment. It was a weird feeling and he was constantly uneasy during his drive to the new apartment, but Sunggyu pushed his worries away. Woohyun knew what he was doing, even seemed to be better than Sunggyu at everything. The other man loved Haneul and wouldn’t let any harm come to him, of that much Sunggyu was sure. He parked his car in the underground garage and then went to greet the haulers at the entrance of the building. They had already arrived and were ready to get started. Sunggyu let them into the house and went ahead to unlock the apartment door. It was a smaller apartment complex than the last but that was actually better. Of course he had to give up his perfect view of the city, but Haneul needed a safe environment.

While the haulers carried the things from Seungah’s apartment upstairs, Sunggyu used the time to call Woohyun. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust the younger man, he was simply missing Haneul that much. He hadn’t been this far away from the boy ever since they started their life together. Sunggyu missed the little one. Maybe a part of him was afraid that some horrible accident would occur while he wasn’t there. His sister’s car accident showed that such things could suddenly happen without a warning. Sunggyu knew he couldn’t be paranoid for the rest of his life though. He had to get back to work soon after all.

The phone kept dialing but somehow nobody was picking up. Sunggyu paced back and forth in the corridor, eyes occasionally observing the haulers as they moved past him. This truck contained the things from Seungah’s apartment that they decided to keep. They were mostly items and furniture from the nursery. Two more trucks were going to arrive today; one bringing the things from Sunggyu’s apartment and the other one delivering the new furniture. Most of his furniture and belongings from the old apartment were going to be transferred to the new place. Only the kitchen and his couch would be left behind. There was already a kitchen installed in the new apartment and, as for the couch, it was too big for the new living room. If everything worked out, the new furniture (a smaller couch for the living room and a bed for the guest room) would arrive in the afternoon. It was a busy day and Sunggyu already felt like letting his body fall back into his bed. Sadly, the bed wasn’t there yet.

Click. Before Woohyun could say anything, Sunggyu opened his mouth: “Finally you’re picking up!”

“It’s kind of hard to answer a call when you have a crying toddler in one arm while you try to pack boxes with the other hand. Tell me again why I’m the one packing your things?” Woohyun sounded as exhausted as Sunggyu felt. He could hear Haneul’s quiet whines in the distance and wondered if the younger man had left the toddler in his playpen to sulk.

“I just asked you to pack all the necessary stuff! We can pack everything else another day! Besides, do you have a car that I haven’t seen yet? How were you going to get here in time?”

Woohyun sighed. “It’s not my fault if anything breaks.”

“If you keep complaining, I can call Minho over to help you pack.” He smiled knowingly. Those two didn’t like each other. Minho didn’t trust Woohyun because of his past with Seungah and Woohyun probably felt angry with the way Minho acted towards him.

“No need! It’s enough that guy creepily left some moving boxes here without anyone knowing. Are you sure he’s not a stalker?”

Sunggyu chuckled shortly, though he had to admit Minho didn’t always respect someone’s privacy. “He won’t have a key for the new apartment. Anyways, is Haneul doing alright?”

He heard Woohyun huff and mutter something but he couldn’t catch it. “He didn’t eat much for breakfast as you know, so he’s a little grumpy. He probably knows something is going on. Also, Haneul doesn’t like it when I pack his toys away.”

“It’s not for long but I guess Haneul doesn’t know that. When the haulers are finished here, I’ll drive back and help with packing the truck. It’s a little hectic today but we’ll manage.” We, it was weird to think of them as a ‘we’ but they were a team now, sort of. They were stuck in this and somehow they’d need to make it work. Sunggyu still wasn’t 100% sure he made the right decision with allowing Haneul’s father to stay around, but the toddler deserved to know at least one of his parents personally. Woohyun was a good guy or a very good actor.

“Mr. Kim, where should we put this?” One of the haulers suddenly asked and Sunggyu quickly said goodbye to Woohyun. Haneul was doing okay, Woohyun had answered his phone and everything was okay so far.







Everything was okay until the hauler company called Sunggyu regarding the delivery of the new furniture. They were in the middle of unpacking things in the new apartment when his phone rang. The guy told him they were terribly sorry but, apparently, the supplier didn’t deliver the goods on time. It was going to take another day for the new couch and bed to arrive. Woohyun gave him a long look. “And now? Maybe we should’ve waited with moving everything over here.”

“Haneul needs a proper place to sleep. I can barely move around my bedroom when his crib is in there and he kept waking up whenever I moved.” Sunggyu retorted.

“But there’s only one bed here!”

He crossed his arms. “It’s just one night. Maybe you can sleep on the couch at my old place for tonight.”

“All alone in that almost empty apartment? The haulers carried all the furniture out of there except for the couch and the kitchen! Besides, shouldn’t you be sleeping there? I need to look after Haneul.”

Sunggyu smirked. “Are you scared perhaps?”

“N-No…” Woohyun averted his gaze.

“I don’t think a fire is going to break out, so don’t worry.” He continued to tease the younger man.

Woohyun’s cheeks reddened slightly. “For how long will you keep reminding me of that?”

“Forever.”

“I’ll just sleep in the bathtub. I don’t even know how to get back to your apartment in the first place!”

Sunggyu huffed. “Fine! Whatever you want, though my couch is definitely more comfortable than the bathtub.”

They went back to unpacking the boxes. Sunggyu sighed inwardly because there seemed to be no end to them. He wondered why Woohyun had packed so many boxes after complaining so much. Of course it was a good thing to have his stuff at hand in the new apartment, but Sunggyu had underestimated how much there was and how long it took to unpack everything again. He was never going to move again on such short notice. At least Haneul now had his crib set up in the new nursery. The boy was happily sleeping in the new place. All the packing and driving from one place to another had stressed the baby out. Haneul hadn’t eaten much before going to bed but Sunggyu hoped his hunger would return as soon as they got settled in the new apartment.

Sunggyu’s stomach growled suddenly and the older man flinched. He checked to see if Woohyun had heard the suspicious sound and indeed he was staring back at him. He cleared his throat. “I just remembered we haven’t eaten lunch yet. How about we order in? The fridge is pretty much empty. We could go grocery shopping with Haneul when he’s awake.”

“Sounds good. I really need to take a shower first though. I reek of sweat.” Woohyun sniffed his armpit and scrunched up his nose in disgust.

Sunggyu’s eyes fell to the shirt that was sticking to Woohyun’s sweaty body, emphasizing his muscular upper body. The older man quickly tore his gaze away and gathered his thoughts. “I don’t smell a difference. Isn’t that your normal scent?”

The brown-haired man narrowed his eyes at him and then suddenly grinned. Sunggyu took a careful step backwards. “Why are you smiling? What are you-“

Woohyun charged at him, jumping over two boxes with a nimbleness Sunggyu wouldn’t have expected. He tried to get away but he wasn’t as quick as the younge

Please log in to read the full chapter