Her Side

Missing You

Yoorin’s POV

One week flew by since our trip to Ahjumma’s stall near the Han River. I can’t explain, but the crestfallen look on Chanyeol-sunbaenim’s face when I told Ahjumma we were acquaintances was enough to stir something in me.

I hate making people sad and I think I made sunbaenim sad… On one hand, I honestly enjoyed conversing with Chanyeol-sunbaenim… but I knew that wasn’t enough for me to consider him a friend, and the same should go for him.

True friends cannot be made within a day, or a week. It takes time to get to know someone on a deeper level, and accept whatever that person has to offer, warts and all.

That is my belief, and to tell you honestly, I have a lot of flaws as a person and as a friend... and people are better off without me.

This is probably one of the reasons why I choose not to make any more friends... to avoid hurting them. I do not open up easily, and I certainly do not enjoy what most people my age would. I prefer going outdoors alone, rather than with friends. I prefer the spending my evenings in my home, rather than in others’ homes, having mainstream fun. I prefer hanging out with friends in an intimate manner, rather than the extravagance people would normally fancy. Not many people would understand these things about me, but Sunmi and Lu Han do. And that was enough for me. They were enough for me.

I treasure them with all my heart. Even if I don’t believe that anything could last as long as forever, I’m willing to go the distance if it’s for them.

Truthfully speaking, I had never expected to make any friends. I had always been an odd girl in most people’s eyes. I was too quiet for their liking, but I guess some people liked it, otherwise I wouldn’t have made friends with them.

Sunmi had been my friend since middle school. At the time, a lot of girls had wanted to be friends with me, but once they got to know me, they would distance themselves. Sunmi was the only one who could stand my oddity, and despite my shortcomings as a friend, she stayed by my side. Lu Han had not come until a few years later. The last year of middle school, Lu Han met Sunmi and fell in love, but Sunmi had one condition in order for her to agree for him to court her… it was to befriend me. At first, Lu Han was reluctant, and so was I.

Both of us didn’t really want the company of each other, but for Sunmi, we tried. It took Lu Han almost a year and a half to get used to my unusual habits and eccentricity, and it took me almost a year and a half to get used to his playfulness and his aegyo. But he sort of grew on me, and I guess I grew on him, too. Months passed, and we were friends. True friends.

Aside from Sunmi, Lu Han was my only friend from outside our home.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m willing to accept those who genuinely want to be my friend and in the future, who knows?

Maybe, I’ll be able to find new people to treasure as the years go by.

But for now, I am happy.

Quality is always better than quantity after all.

I know Chanyeol-sunbaenim had expected me to consider him as a friend, and I know that he is a good person, but for now acquaintance is all I can offer him.

I hope he understands.

This is just how I am. And this is how it’s meant to be.

 


Aaaand again. it's 3am. Hahahaha. I am getting more and more nocturnal.

Updates are getting shorter and shorter OTL huhu Mian~

I hope you're not too disappointed. I just wanted you guys to hear Yoorin's side to all of this.

I'm trying really hard but yeah... Anyway please let me know what you think!

And some tips at writing would be great, too because personally, I think I kinda .

HAHAHAHA. Gosh. Anyway, thank you so much for not UNSUBBING. Love you guys!

Happy Reading! :))) Please do comment! :))) Saranghae. Annyeong~