Intrigue

Missing You

Author’s POV

Chanyeol felt saddened by Yoorin’s statement, but opted to stay quiet. Now that he thinks about it, it was only logical for her to think of them as mere acquaintances, since they were only formally introduced earlier that day. But still, we’ve talked happily about our mutual liking for guitars… that has to count for something! Chanyeol thought as he lay in bed that night.

Maybe that’s just how she normally is.

Chanyeol fell asleep that night wondering about what Ji Yoorin was like as a friend.

The next day, Chanyeol woke up to the sound of his phone ringing.

“YAH!” Baekhyun yelled from the other end of the line.

Chanyeol groaned at the shrill sound of his best friend’s voice.

“Yah. Byun Baekhyun, quit it with the yelling. It’s still early.”

“What are you talking about? It’s nearly noon!” Baekhyun told him pointedly.

He looked at his bedside clock and Baekhyun, was right. The clock read: 11:43am.

“You’ve been sleeping like a log again, haven’t you? Aish. ”

Chanyeol plopped back down on his pillow and groaned once more. “Ugh. Piss off, what do you want?”

“I’m coming over. Okay? Bye.” Baekhyun told him.

“Wait, no---” He wasn’t able to finish because Baekhyun had already hung up on him.

“Aish.” Chanyeol mumbled incoherently as he unwillingly grabbed clean clothes from his closet.

Since he lived alone in a condo building near the school, his friends had always deemed it okay to come and go as they please. Chanyeol was generally okay with this, except for days when he would honestly prefer to be alone and sleep all day… like today.

Chanyeol took a quick shower and just as he was coming out of the bathroom, he heard the doorbell ring.

“YAH! PARK CHANYEOL OPEN UP! YAH!” Baekhyun yelled from behind the door.

“Okay, okay! Shut up! You’ll disturb the neighbors!” Chanyeol yelled back as he sauntered over quickly to open the door.

He opened the door to reveal all of his bandmates standing there with tons of food on hand.

“Yah! Chanyeol move over, there’s a soccer game going on right now!” Lu Han exclaimed as he pushed through towards the TV and couch.

“Yo! I’m gonna bring these to the kitchen. You and Yixing-hyung can cook, nae?” Baekhyun told him, already going in and making his way to the kictchen.

“Hey Chanyeol, I hope we’re not bothering you… Baekhyun said it was okay, so..” Lay greeted.

As usual, the brown-haired Chinese is the only one being polite.

Chanyeol smiled at his hyung while shaking his head, “Ani, hyung. It’s fine. Come one in.”                    

Lu Han, Baekhyun and Yixing helped themselves to Chanyeol’s couch, watching a live soccer game while the latter started cooking. He didn’t know how to cook that much, but his cooking skills were enough to keep him alive while he lived alone.

In about half an hour, Chanyeol was able to cook pasta.

“YAH! Come and eat while it’s still hot!” he hollered from the kitchen as he set the plates for the four of them.

“Can you just bring it heeree?” Chanyeol could practically hear the whining in Baekhyun’s voice, so with a sigh, he brought the platter of pasta over to the living room.

Once the boys saw the platter of carbonara, their stomachs growled, reminding them of just how hungry they were. So without further ado, they dug in.

While they were all eating, Lu Han’s phone rang. Once he saw who was calling, he immediately answered the phone, not even bothering to wipe the sauce off his lips.

“Jagiya?” He spoke into the phone with a goofy smile.

Chanyeol looked at Lu Han with a small smile. Hyung is really in love.

Just then, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned and saw Baekhyun. “Wow. Hyung’s really smitten with Lee Sunmi, isn’t he?” Baekhyun remarked as he observed Lu Han with surprise.

Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

Meanwhile, Lu Han was continually nodding as he listened to what Sunmi was saying from the other end of the line.

“Okay, jagiya. I will. Tell Joomi for me that if she drinks her medicine well, Lu Han-oppa will take her to Lotte World.”

“Okay, jagiya. Annyeong~ Saranghae.” Lu Han cooed as he hung up.

He was smiling even as he put back his phone in his trouser pocket.

“Wow. Lu Han-hyung… you are so very smitten with Lee Sunmi.” Baekhyun commented as he chewed on a strand of pasta.

“Shut up.” Lu Han pouted as he grabbed his backpack.

“Whoa. Where are you going?”

“Yoorin’s house. Joomi has the flu, and Yoorin’s mom is their family physician, so I need to go ask her for prescriptions.” Lu Han told them absentmindedly as he checked his things. “Well, I gotta go. Annyeong~”

Lu Han waved, as he made his way to the door.

So Yoorin’s mom is a doctor. Chanyeol thought, mentally listing it as one of the few things he knew about Ji Yoorin.

“Who’s Yoorin?” Was all Baekhyun asked as Lu Han shut the door.

“She’s… Sunmi’s best friend.” Chanyeol told him as he sat back down on the couch.

For the rest of the afternoon, Chanyeol stared into space, thinking about what Ji Yoorin must be like as a daughter, not at all minding the mess that Baekhyun had single-handedly made out of his unit.

“Channiee~” Baekhyun cooed as they started to clean up.

Chanyeol looked at him in suspicion. When Byun Baekhyun’s voice turns sickeningly sweet, you know he’s bound to ask for something.

“What is it, Baek?”

“Yixing-hyung and I are sleeping over…” Baekhyun stated with a sheepish grin.

“Wait, you’re only telling him this now?” Yixing asked in disbelief.

Chanyeol sighed. “Fine, but… did you bring your clothes with you? I refuse to lend you my underwear. You never give them back.”

“Yes, of course we came prepared! I even brought my own toothbrush this time!” Baekhyun boasted, waving his bag of toiletries at Chanyeol.

“Fine… I guess I’ll just bring the mattress here, so we can all sleep together.”

As Chanyeol carried the mattress, Baekhyun went to him in hurried steps. “Yah! Park Chanyeol, let me borrow your computer.”

“Why?” Chanyeol asked.

“I have to play Clash of Clans! My members are online, we’re about to have a clan war with Seokjin’s clan!!! Yah! Come on…. Pleeaaase?” Baekhyun explained, jumping up and down as he gripped at Chanyeol’s shirt sleeve.

“Aish. Fine, go get it in my room.” Chanyeol waved him off as he struggled to carry his king-sized mattress to the living room.

Yixing noticed Chanyeol’s struggle, so he went over to help him.

“Thanks, hyung.” Chanyeol grinned as they set down the mattress in the center of the living room.

“So… Chanyeol, I’ve noticed you’ve been spacing out the whole afternoon… Is something bothering you?” Yixing asked in concern.

Chanyeol shook his head and smiled. “It’s nothing, hyung… ” Aish. I shouldn’t be thinking too much.

And so, for the remainder of the weekend Park Chanyeol had pushed thoughts of Ji Yoorin aside, going back to his usual routines.

His, intrigue, however, came rushing back when he saw her through the school hallways on Monday just as he was about to go back to his classroom… He halted in place when he saw a glimpse Yoorin sitting alone in the classroom. Her hair moved along with the soft breeze flowing in through the window as she stared at a distance with a faint, yet happy smile. She then scribbled in a blue binder, tucking her shoulder-length hair behind her ear.

Chanyeol’s eyes never left Yoorin as she wrote intently on her binder. She looks so contented.

As Chanyeol stared, more and more questions seemed to fill his head about the girl who was too mysterious for his liking.

Just as he was starting to space out, he heard Lu Han holler. “Park Chanyeol! What are you doing here?”

As expected, Lu Han was trudging along the corridors with Sunmi, carrying two lunch boxes.

“I-I just came back from the staff room and decided to go to the cafeteria for lunch.” Chanyeol stammered, flustered about the fact that he was almost caught staring at Yoorin.

Lu Han, on the other hand, didn’t seem suspicious. “Jinjja? We’re having lunch as well…”

“Well, okay… see you, hyung! See you, Sunmi!” Chanyeol interjected as he strode off, not even bothering to listen to what Lu Han was about to say next.

Lu Han stared at Chanyeol’s figure with his mouth agape. “…and I was just about to ask him to come with us!”

With this, Sunmi patted his back. “Maybe he’s already got other plans… Well, let’s go. Yoorin must be starving.”

And so, they went. What they didn’t know was that at the other end of the school, Chanyeol was, indeed, in the middle of planning… planning of a way to get more of the pieces to the puzzle that is Ji Yoorin.

 


Hellooooo chinggus! :)

Here's an update for yooouuu! haha.

I know this would probably , but I hope you stick with the story anyway!

Please do comment. I LOVE reading themm.

Anyway, Imma keeep this A/N short because I might get caught by my mom.

It's around 5 am here and I still haven't slept, soo.. yeah. 

Hahaha. Anywayyy, HAPPY READING! :))) Saranghaee <3