Prologue

Missing You

Yoorin

I look at the boy before me with melancholy.

“Take care, okay?” He told me as he pulled me in for a hug. 

Dugeun dugeun.

I keep silent as I basked in my last few moments with him. I never really was one to let myself get too attached to people because I believe nothing is permanent… It has always been a principle of mine... but, Why do I feel sad all of a sudden?

“I’ll be waiting for your answer, Yoorin-ah…” He whispered into my hair before giving me one last squeeze. He then turned towards Baekhyun, giving him a playful smile.

Duguen dugeun.

“Yah. Byun Baekhyun, take care of this little one for me, okay?” He told him as he gave him a squeeze in the shoulder. He turned to me once more with a pout on his face.

“Promise you’ll write…”

This made me chuckle. “Yah. Park Chanyeol, this is the 21st century. We can email and skype anytime.”

“Ani… I want real authentic letters with your handwriting, so that I don’t have to miss sitting next to you while you write those silly stories of yours.”

I smile. “Nae, I will.”

“Flight 216 to Los Angeles is leaving in 15 minutes. May we request all passengers to kindly board the plane through gate 12. Thank you.”

“Looks like I have to leave now… Goodbye!” He waved as he turned, all his luggage in hand.

“Park Chanyeol! ” I unconsciously call out.

He turned towards me with a surprised look on his face. I run to him to give his hand one last squeeze.

I look up at him with a serious face. “Take care of yourself, arasso?”

A smile slowly crept up his face. “Arasso, arasso. Don’t miss me too much, okay?” He patted the top of my head before giving it a light peck. “Saranghae.” His deep voice echoed in my ear.

Duguen dugeun.

“Flight 216 to Los Angeles is leaving in 15 minutes. May we request all passengers to kindly board the plane through gate 12. Thank you.”

With one final wave in our direction, Chanyeol walked along with the sea of people heading towards gate 12 of Incheon Airport.

I watched him disappear in the crowds while unconscious of the tears starting to form in my eyes. I only realized I had them once they started to fall from my eyes one by one.

Bwoya… what are these tears for?

I wiped at my tears fervently, hoping to hide them from Baekhyun.

But alas, it looks like he noticed it before I even did, because now he’s handing me his handkerchief.

“It’s okay… I hate goodbyes, too.” He told me comfortingly as he wiped at his own tears.

We watched as the flight attendants close the plane doors.

“Let’s go?” Baekhyun told me as he slowly turned towards the exit. I held his hand to stop him, though I didn’t exactly know why.

“Oh… did you want to watch the plane takeoff first?” Baekhyun asked and surprisingly, I found myself nodding.

Together, we sat at the nearby bench to gaze at the entirety of Chanyeol’s plane.

As it took off, I felt an unfamiliar stinging in my chest.

"Bwoya... What's this gnawing pain in my chest?" I muttered as I continued to gaze at the plane while it slowly started to drift away from my vision.

"Could it be that you miss him already?" Baekhyun asked.

"B-but why would I miss him?" I ask, not knowing how to explain the strange feeling in my chest.

"Because missing someone is your heart's way of reminding you that you love them.." Baekhyun told me before patting me in the head and turning to leave.

"L-love..." I gripped my chest to see if the feeling was still there.

Dugeun Dugeun.

Park Chanyeol’s face appeared in my thoughts.

“Could it be... I love him?” 

 


A/N: Hellooooo! So here's the first chapter! I hope you liked it! ^.^

So here, three characters were introduced, but there's more to come in the succedding chapters~

What did you think of Yoorin's POV? I could really use your input~

This writer's still a noob, so please bear with her. :3

Please tell me what you think through comment. I uber loooooove reading them!

If you think you're interested in the story, clap your hands. Hahaha jk. Well if you did, please subscribe~

or don't.. It's really okay! hahaha. But if you're interested in a friend, or just someone you can talk to...

Please don't hesitate to add me up as a friend, nae? 

Okay, that's it! Saranghae~ Happy reading! :D