Chapter 8

FATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week has past. Jihyo together with Jongsuk, Hyo Jin and Kang Joon never missed a day without having fun together. “Yah Jongsuk-ah! I’m your noona! How dare you throw the snowball to me! Right on my face! Yah! Don’t run! I’m not finish!!”, Hyo Jin runs chasing Jongsuk who keeps playing jokes with Hyo Jin. Jihyo laughs hearing the two of her bestfriends bickering and joking with each other. She missed her old days a lot and she was thankful for Kang Joon and Hyo Jin to come to visit her. Kang Joon who had been holding Jihyo’s hands smiles watching Jihyo looks so happy. “You happy?”, Kang Joon asks Jihyo while looking into her mesmerized eyes. She nods her head while turns her face to Kang Joon. ‘I’m glad you’re happy’. Kang Joon still holds her hands, trying to give her warmth for the times he still could. 

Mark plopped onto his comfy bed. He takes his wallet in the drawer besides her bed and takes out Jihyo’s picture. He stares the picture longingly. Tears start to fill his eyes and it drops from the corner of his eyes. ‘I miss you so much Jihyo’. Mark had been staying in Auckland for three days but he still can’t meet Jihyo. He had to give the opportunity to Kang Joon first as he knows that Kang Joon’s situation is much more critical than him. Mark had been meeting with Jongsuk, Kang Joon and Hyo Jin frequently. He knows well about Jihyo’s and Kang Joon’s situation. At first, he was so shocked to hear that Jihyo had lost her sight. He cried for all night for not knowing her disease and for being such a brat when they were in Korea. But then, Kang Joon came and consoles him, giving him strength although both of them should be rival. He felt thankful to know such a good person like Kang Joon. ‘I’m going to meet you, Jihyo’.

The next day, Mark gets ready to drive to Otago Peninsula to meet Jihyo. Jongsuk had already sends him Jihyo’s address. He knows that the three of them are already there with Jihyo. He was actually nervous to meet her. Mark didn’t know whether she’s going to be happy or upset meeting him. ‘She’s going to be happy right?’. Mark calms himself down before he starts the engine and drives to his destination smoothly. 
Mark parks his car in front of Jihyo’s house. ‘This is the address. They must be at the foot mountain.’ Mark walks slowly across the deep snow while hugging tight his winter jacket. The cold sends him to shiver. Suddenly, his phone vibrates. 

Jihyo is alone at the foot mountain. This is your time’. 

The message from Jongsuk suddenly makes him feels anxious. ‘What if she don’t like seeing me? It’s okay. It doesn’t matter. I am so determined to make her mine. Yeah. Fighting Mark!’. Mark walks in a slow pace towards the foot mountain. The scenery is so breath taking but Mark couldn’t think of anything aside from meeting his Jihyo. His feet stops moving. In front of him, approximately 100m, he was able to meet again the love of his life. What is more shocking for him is her beautiful rainbow eyes, sparkling and glowing beautifully but sadly, she can’t see with that beautiful eyes. Tears quickly fills Mark’s eyes and it flows from his eyes. He had missed her for so long. He couldn’t believe that he finally gets to meet her again. Mark didn’t care whether she can see or not. What important is, she’s by his side forever. 

“What took them so long? I’m bored to death here alone”, Jihyo mumbles alone as she was left alone by her three best friends. Jihyo had waited for them for a while. They asked Jihyo to wait there to meet someone but she didn’t know who is it. She walks around the foot mountain directionless as she didn’t know what to do. Suddenly, she heard like someone is walking towards her. Jihyo waits for the person to open his mouth but the person suddenly stops moving. She had no idea that it was Mark who had come to meet her. Mark stands in front of Jihyo. He tried to control himself from crying loudly. He takes Jihyo’s hands and puts it into his jacket’s pocket. Mark then touches Jihyo’s face with both of his hands and caresses her face gently. Mark smiles watching Jihyo’s blur face. ‘You always have that look on your face’. “Who are you? Your touch, it seems familiar though”, Jihyo asks Mark with a confused face. She looks into Mark’s eyes although she can’t see who’s in front of her. Mark couldn’t stand it anymore. He brings Jihyo’s face closer to his and kisses her passionately. Jihyo was shocked but the feeling, it feels like it is the one who she had been longing to meet. She closed her eyes too, savouring the sweet moment with the person she kisses now. And then, suddenly it hits her.

‘It’s Mark’. Jihyo opens her eyes and pushes Mark away. Mark falls few steps aback and he tried to reach Jihyo’s hands but Jihyo runs away from him. “Wait! Jihyo! I’m sorry if it’s too sudden. But I love you!”. He finally managed to grab Jihyo’s arm. Mark grabs her arm firmly, trying to have a talk with her. “Let me go!” Jihyo yelled to him. She run away directionless, feeling so lost without her sight. Normally, she can handle things well even she can’t see but now, her emotion is unstable, making her to unable to calm down and walk properly. Jihyo closed her eyes. She doesn’t want Mark to see her bad condition. She was ashamed with herself. That’s why she runs away from him. “NO! I won’t ever let you go! Ever again!”. Mark yells back to her, just to tell her how much he had loves her all this time. Mark feels wronged for raising his voice so he toned down his voice, as like to consoles Jihyo. “ I love you Jihyo. I love you. I’ve been missing you like crazy. And I know, you love me too”, Mark tells Jihyo how he felt, for missing her this past year. His tears fall non-stop. He couldn’t control his emotion anymore. “No Mark. You’re wrong. I don’t love you. I was just playing with you. Don’t you remember I used to cheat you? I don’t love you, Mark. You’re just a toy. I hate you. I. HATE. YOU”. Mark’s grip loosen upon hearing Jihyo’s words. He knows that it’s not true but it still hurts his heart. Jihyo runs away with tears after Mark lets her go. Without they knowing, Kang Joon had been eyeing them all this time. It hurts his heart when he sees Jihyo was humiliated by her abnormal disease. He knows how much Jihyo misses Mark. ‘You shouldn’t act like that Jihyo. You’re making me hard to leave you like this’. 

That night, Jihyo stayed in her room all day long. She didn’t want to eat neither drink even a bit. Jongsuk had already went to see Mark. Mark decides to stay a few days at the motel nearby Jihyo’s house. Jongsuk and Hyo Jin knows that there’s only one person who can consoles her at this time and it’s none other than Kang Joon. Kang Joon enters Jihyo’s room slowly, not wanting to upsets her more. He sits besides Jihyo, who had been sitting on the floor. She holds her knees to her chest with her hands, covering her face. “What’s wrong? You shouldn’t be crying. I thought you miss him”, Kang Joon hugs her and consoles her. She hugs him tightly and cries hard. “I do miss him. I was just, I don’t want him to see me like this. At all”, Jihyo spills out her real feelings to Kang Joon. “He loves you for who you are. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve changed or not. His heart didn’t. I know Jihyo. Trust him”, Kang Joon assures Jihyo that Mark loves her so much, although he himself, couldn’t let go of Jihyo. “Really? You think so?”, Jihyo turns her face to Kang Joon, as like she can see him right now. Kang Joon smiles looking at Jihyo’s confused face. “I’m certain”, Kang Joon gives her a hug and pats her head gently. Jihyo hugs him back while closing her eyes, feeling reliefs.

^^^^
It’s been almost a week after Mark met with Jihyo but he still couldn’t get near to her. Although Jihyo knows that Mark loves her, but she’s still playing cold with Mark. She just want some time for herself to get used to it first. And Jihyo had been losing contact with Kang Joon since the last time he consoles her. “Where’s Kang Joon? I’ve been missing him. Jongsuk, where the hell is he? Jongsuk? Do you know where is he? I want to see him!” Jihyo is getting furious because no one answers her. Mark is there too but he just keeps quiet. He didn’t want to spoil Jihyo’s mood and he wants to be with Jihyo all the time, although that means he had to be invisible. Jongsuk still didn’t answer her. Kang Joon’s time is almost up. Kang Joon is dying and they were afraid that they would spill the secret. Jongsuk stands up and hold Jihyo’s hands. ‘It’s time’. “Come Jihyo. I’ll bring you to him”, Jonguk glances to Mark and Mark gives a slight nod to him, signalling him that it’s already her last time to meet Kang Joon.

^^^^^
“We’ve arrived”, Jongsuk parks his car at the car park of the Auckland Hospital. Mark had been following with his car. He didn’t want to part with Jihyo even a moment. “Where are we, Jongsuk?” Jihyo asks Jongsuk with a confused look. “Just come with me. You said you want to meet Kang Joon, right?”, Jongsuk makes a bright voice, trying to cover the sad situation. “Really? Asssaa!!”  Jihyo shouts happily and hugs Jongsuk’s arm. Jongsuk steals a glance to Mark, hoping that he will understands the friendly relationship Jongsuk and Jihyo have.  Luckily, Mark knows how close Jihyo and Jongsuk are. He just smiles when he saw Jihyo hugs Jongsuk’s arm. Jongsuk holds Jihyo’s hands, leading the way to the garden, where Kang Joon is already waiting for Jihyo. Jihyo sits on the bench where Jongsuk gestures her to sit. “Wait here. He will come. I’ll leave first”, Jongsuk and Mark went away to give Kang Joon space to talk with her for the last time. It’s going to be his last meeting with the love of his life before the operation. After the operation, his life will be put an end. That’s what he wants though. 

“Boo”, Kang Joon comes from behind Jihyo and shocked her. Jihyo was startled a bit and starts hitting Kang Joon playfully who already sat besides her. “Yah! Thank goodness I don’t have a heart attack! “. Kang Joon laughs seeing Jihyo’s shocked face. Kang Joon hugs Jihyo tightly. He had been missing Jihyo a lot. Jihyo hugs him back. She too missed Kang Joon a lot. She already thought Kang Joon as her own brother. They talk and chat happily. They didn’t even let go of each other hands when they talked. All of a sudden, Kang Joon coughs really hard until bloods come out from his mouth. ‘I don’t have much time left, I guess’. Jongsuk and Mark who had been watching the two of them from far away hesitate to help Kang Joon but Kang Joon signals them to not come to him. “Kang Joon, are you okay? Is it too cold outside that you cough badly? Let’s go inside then”. Jihyo asks Kang Joon in a concern voice and was about to take his hands to go inside but then Kang Joon quickly stops her. “I’m okay. I suddenly feeling like coughing for talking too much with you”, Kang Joon cracks a joke to not makes Jihyo worries for him. Jihyo chuckles softly over Kang Joon’s jokes. Kang Joon drinks his mineral water and spits out the blood. He then holds Jihyo’s face with both of his hands. Jihyo blinks her eyes rapidly, didn’t know what to do. “Can I do something really wrong?”, Kang Joon asks Jihyo in a bright voice. “What ? Are you going to me?” Jihyo asks feeling confused. Kang Joon laughs out loud with Jihyo’s hilarious question. “What do you take me as, huh ? Aniya. I’m not going to do that. I just want to do it for the first and last time. I’ve never done it with anyone”, Kang Joon says it in a low voice. “Okay. Do it. I’ll be happy to be your first”, Jihyo agrees to do it although she didn’t know what Kang Joon wants to do but she believes that Kang Joon wouldn’t do anything bad to her. 

Kang Joon brings Jihyo’s face closer to his and kisses her. He closes his eyes once his lips touches Jihyo’s. It’s just a sweet, innocent kiss, no exaggerating or passionate kiss. Jihyo couldn’t adapt with what had happened now. She just blinks her eyes, totally clueless. Kang Joon pulls himself from Jihyo after kissing her. He opens his eyes slowly and looks at Jihyo’s face. It seems like Jihyo is still blank with the situation. Kang Joon smiles warmly looking at his beloved one’s blur face. “Jihyo-ah, I have something to give you. I wrote you a letter. And I want you to read it yourself. Actually, I was missing last week because I was busy searching for your donor. I’ve found him and you’re going to have your eyes by this week. I asked Jongsuk to hide it first because I want to tell you myself. So, please don’t be mad, okay ? And the letter, it’s with Mark. I want you to make up with him before you receive the eyes. That’s my last wish. My last wish is for you to be happy with Mark. I gotta go now”, Kang Joon gets up from his sit and walks away. He starts to cry silently. He turns back and walks to Jihyo again and kisses Jihyo’s lips for the last time. “ I love you, Song Jihyo. Goodbye”. Kang Joon walks away leaving Jihyo who is totally blur with the sudden change of Kang Joon’s attitude. 

“What’s just happening?”, Jihyo asks herself, and no matter how hard she thinks, she can’t think of any answer. Jongsuk walks to Jihyo while Mark go gets Kang Joon. Both of them have their own mission to complete. “Jihyo-ah, you’ve heard the great news right? So, are you ready ?”, Jongsuk comes to Jihyo and asks her in a bright voice. He tried to hide the sad fact behind the great news. “Is it real ? I mean, I thought, we didn’t find the donor. How did Kang Joon find the donor ?”, Jihyo asks, feeling curious of how Kang Joon can find the donor. “There’s always a way when someone urge to, Jihyo. Just be thankful and be happy. That’s the only thing the donor wants. I mean, that’s what all donor wants when they give something, you know”, Jongsuk’s chockes in tears when he tried to speak but he manages to cover it with his bright voice. “Yeah. I know. I would want that too if I gives something. I’m totally ready”, Jihyo gets up from her seat and hold Jongsuk’s hand, assures him that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter