Chapter 6

FATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Jihyo had been staying in the hospital for a week. And Kang Joon never fails to visit her every day. Infact, he’s the one who had been taking care of her every day. She had been in coma for two days but the doctor managed to save her from death. Her wounds are also healing very fast. “Ya Song Jihyo! Could you eat slowly? You could choke!”, Wasabi’s eyes widen when he sees Jihyo eating non-stop all the food that Jr.’s brought for her. The Got7 members are all there too except Mark. “Jihyo-ah, eat slowly. My mum would make you more if you like it”, Jr. pats Jihyo’s head. He smiles looking at Jihyo eating happily. Jihyo smiles back to him. She didn’t ask for Mark’s absence. She knows the real reason for his absence. She didn’t expect at all for him to come to visit her. Jihyo thinks she deserves that. “Noona, why Mark doesn’t want to come? Did you fight with him? I heard that he’s at the scene when you got stabbed.”, Bam Bam asks Jihyo but then JB quickly closes Bam Bam’s mouth. “Yah. This is not  a right time to ask her that. Can’t you see she’s sick?” Jackson pretends like he was mad, when actually he’s dying to know the truth too.

“No. It’s okay. He’s there too. I guess he’s still trauma because of the incident.” Jihyo fake a smile, trying to assure them that there’s nothing wrong with her and Mark. Kang Joon who has been eyeing Jihyo, could see that Jihyo’s heart is totally hurt because she didn’t even see Mark after she wakes up from her coma.

flashback                                

The next day after Kang Joon got the news that Jihyo is in the hospital, he quickly go to Jihyo’s ward. His feet stops running when he saw Mark, sitting on the chair, crying so hard in front of Jihyo’s ward. Besides him, there’s a boy, crying too while hugging Mark. Kang Joon walks slowly towards Mark. “Mark. H-How is she? Is she safe?”, Kang Joon asks Mark with a low voice. “Hyung, Sh-she’s in coma. What should I do, hyung ? It’s all because of me. She save me from the man who’s trying to stab me”, Mark hugs Kang Joon and cries harder. “No hyung. It is my fault. I shouldn’t be there at all. I shouldn’t exist at all. My dad was trying to kill me. But Jihyonoona and you are there. It’s all my fault. Now, noona-“, the little boy couldn’t finish his words. He cries out loud. He feels so guilty to make Jihyo is in state of coma right now. Mark quickly break the hug with Kang Joon and he embraces the boy, trying to give him comfort and consoles him, although he himself isn’t looking good at all. Kang Joon was speechless. He didn’t know what to do, nor what to say.

Although it seems like Kang Joon who had been looking after Jihyo all the time, but the truth is, at midnight, Mark would come to Jihyo’s ward, taking care of her needs, and watch after her. He would leave after making sure that he bought Jihyo’sfavourite breakfast and puts the fresh Dandelion, Jihyo’s favourite’s flower in the vase, every day. Mark would come with Jason, the boy who Jihyo saved and left the ward, before the suns rise.

end of flashback

“JiHyonoonaa!!”, Jason runs towards Jihyo and hops onto her bed to hug her. Hyo Jin comes right after that and flashed a smile to Jihyo and Jason. “Aigoo my Jason.. Have you eaten already? Noona miss you so much”, Jihyo kiss Jason’s cheek and hug him. “Dae. Hyo Jin noona cooked me scramble eggs but it was burnt. I want Jihyonoona to cook for me”, Jason whines and pouts cutely to Jihyo. Hyo jin who had been standing besides Jihyo pretends to be mad and Jason quickly hold her hands, assures her that he was just joking. The whole ward is full of laughter and harmonious. Jihyo smiles happily , although the one she’s been longing to see isn’t here.She didn’t know that Mark and Jason would come to visit her at night. Jihyo also isn’t aware that Mark and Hyo Jin have been meeting frequently because of Jason. She only knows thatHyo Jin would bring Jason when she comes to visit her. She still remembers how terrible Hyo Jin freak out when she knows that Jihyo was being stabbed. She cries all day long although Jihyo already wakes up and she’s the one who had to consoles Hyo Jin back.

The doctor suddenly enters the ward and all the people in the ward quickly give a bow to him. “ We have to go now. We’re going to be so busy after this. Our comeback is next week. Make sure to watch the tv, okay?”, Youngjae gives the brightest smiles to Jihyo. “We have to go to work now. Our boss is really a super lion”, Wasabi and Ramen also leaves Jihyo. Both of them now work  in a well-known law firm as a prosecutor. All of them bids goodbye to Jihyo and leave the ward. “Jihyo-ah, Kang Joon and I are going to the police station first. And then we will go straight to the café. It’s been so long we didn’t open the café. Can you stay alone?” Hyo Jin looks so worried thinking of Jihyo’s safety. Although the criminal, Jason’s real dad have been caught and put into jail, Hyo Jin still worries for Jihyo.  “I’ll be fine, unni. Jason will take good care of me”, Jihyo flashes a smile to Hyo Jin. “Yeah. I’m going to be noona’s hero!”, Jason makes a not-so-serious face causing the entire of ward full of laughter again.

“I’ll get going now. Make sure to not skip your meals and medicines. Goodbye”, Kang Joon kisses Jihyo’s forehead. He closes his eyes, wanting the time to stops right now, so that he could keep this memory forever. But he knows that Jihyo’s heart is not for him. Hyo jin and Kang Joon leaves Jihyo and Jason, together with the doctor earlier. “Pheww. It’s so hard to make your friends to leave you. Everyone’s seems hesitated to leave you. Didn’t they trust a young, handsome and skilled doctor like me?”, Lee Jong Suk, the doctor that has been taking care of Jihyo makes a proud face. Jihyo pouts. “Yah Jong Suk-ah. Could you please stop doing that? I could feel like I’m going to throw up soon”, Jihyo makes an annoyed face to Jong Suk. Jong Suk laughs out loud but then his smiles turns to a serious face. Jihyo knew that something bad is going on, and she’s ready for it. “Jason, could you do me a favor? Could you wait and sits outside at the chair? The doctor needs to examine noona for a while”, Jihyo smiles when Jason obeys her. He nods his head and kiss Jihyo’s cheek before he walks outside. Jason leans his back onto the white walls, waiting for his beloved noona.

“Tell me”, Jihyo’s face turn to serious, waiting for the bad news. Jong Suk let out a heavy sigh. “ Your condition, it’s getting worse. The treatment doesn’t work on you anymore Jihyo-ah. I think I have to bring you back home to New Zealand. I have to cooperate with the doctors there. I might will come out with other solutions to your cancer. But if not, you’re going to lose you sight forever. There’s only one way. You’re going to need new eyes, and for that, we’re going to need a donor”, Jong Suk explains to Jihyo calmly. He had been Jihyo’s doctor for years. Since they first met in Dunedin Hospital, both of them had been meeting frequently after Jihyo had been diagnosed with melanoma cancer aka eye cancer. At that time, Jongsuk was just a new doctor and had been assigned to handle her case along with his professor. But then, Jihyo had received a scholarship to Korea, so Jong Suk follows her all the way to Korea as this is also his hometown. It’s been five years since she knows that she had been living with this cancer and not once she did cry for her disease. Her family are aware of her conditions but not her friends, including Hyo Jin. Jihyo doesn’t want to trouble Hyo Jin as Hyo Jin already helps her a lot during her time in Korea. ”Alright. When do we he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter