Chapter 4

FATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.30 am sharp, Mark arrives at the café as he promised. Jihyo didn’t expect him to show up at all. She knows that Mark is preparing for a comeback with his group, so that’s why she didn’t expect this. Furthermore, Jihyo thought that Mark was just playing with her last night. ‘He’s really coming’, Jihyo mumbles to herself. Although she notices that Mark comes into the café, she didn’t really pay attention to him. She’s busy writing her fanfic at the same spot as the last night. After she publish a chapter on her fanfic, she already gains more than 100 subscribers. Well, it’s more than enough for her though. As usual, Mark orders his drink and Kang Joon would make it without bothering Jihyo. Wasabi and Ramen are busy with their phone, having a battle in a game called Clash Of Clans. Even they’re older than Jihyo, they are more childish and immature. Sometimes, they would fight when one of them lose the battle.

“Have you wait long?”, Mark said to Jihyo while taking his seat in front of Jihyo. ‘Duh. Like I would wait for you’ Jihyo was annoyed with Mark’s question but she only said that in her mind. Jihyo eyeing Kang Joon, Wasabi and Ramen. They all are looking at Jihyo and exchanging weird stares. It’s like they’re asking Jihyo what’s going on between her and the idol star, Mark. Jihyo lift her shoulder, don’t know what to explain to the boys. She, herself didn’t know why Mark is acting this way. Mark who notices that turns his face to the boys too and waves his hand to them, telling them to not worry about him and Jihyo. Wasabi and Ramen got panicked and pretend to wipe the counter. Only Kang Joon who didn’t panicked and keep staring at both of them. Kang Joon sighs and continue to do his work, trying to not look at both Jihyo and Mark.

Mark laughs seeing Wasabi and Ramen got panicked and turn his face to Jihyo again. His bright laugh ends when he see Jihyo’s serious face, looking at her laptop, still typing on her keyboard. “What are you doing? You don’t even look at me when I come into the café”, Mark asks Jihyo and he pretends to sulk by Jihyo’s action. Jihyo who didn’t know that Mark was just joking freezed by Mark’s action. ‘What a cry baby’, she thought in her mind and makes her mong face. Mark couldn’t hold his laugh seeing Jihyo’s face got dumbfounded and giggles happily. “I’m just joking”, Mark told Jihyo and ruffles her hair. “By the way, I didn’t know your name yet. What’s your name? I’m Mark”, Mark introduces himself and pull out his hands, waiting for Jihyo to shake his hand. ‘I can’t tell him my real name. What should I tell him?’ Jihyo thinks for a while. “Just call me Song”, Jihyo then speaks and take his hand, and both of them shake their hands, symboling that they’ve been friends. Kang Joon who’s watching every of their moves hurts to see Jihyo shakes Mark’s hand.

Since that day, Mark would come to the café and they would have a pleasant time together. Sometimes, after Jihyo’s shift is over, they would hang out together at the park. Jihyo didn’t talk much. Only Mark who would talk, telling Jihyo how hard is his life being a kpop idol. Mark tells everything to Jihyo, even the rumours going around in his world. And Jihyo would be a good listener to him. Although Jihyo knows everything from Mark, she never tells anyone anything what had Mark told him. That’s why he trust Jihyo so much. And since that day too, people at the café had call her Song. Jihyo had asks all of them to call her Song, in order to hide her real identity from Mark. She didn’t know why she hide her real identity. It’s just , she feels more safe to be one person that Mark knows well, and the other person is the person who Mark didn’t like.

flashback

Song Jihyo and Mark walk side by side at the park. There are rarely a person can be seen hang out at the park at this time. “You know Song, I’ve met this one girl during our visit to Jr. house. Her name is.. Ahh , I didn’t remember what’s her name. But she’s so pretty. She had a long wavy hair and a very great body figure. But that’s not what I mean”, Mark quickly defences himself when Jihyo makes a creepy face. “What makes me attracted to her is … I don’t know why. usually I’m good in front of girls. But with her, I – I don’t know. I become completely a different person. Ahh! What is this feeling!?”, Mark shouts in frustration. Jihyo freeze upon hearing Mark’s words. ‘What am I hearing? Is this right?’ Jihyo speaks in her mind. “Anyway, I don’t think she likes me. At the party, she looks like she’s having so much fun with Jr. and Bam Bam. I surely stance no chance to win her at all”, Jihyo coughed as she is shocked by Mark’s confession. More accurate, the confession is made to her. But of course, Mark doesn’t know that she’s the girl Mark has been talking about. She feels guilty for hiding her true self. But it seems like it’s too late to reveal now.

end of flashback

Today, Song Jihyo had a day off. Since she works at the café during this two months, she never asks for a vacation nor went home earlier than the shift. In fact, she’s done a lot of overtime. So, Kang joon decides that he wants Jihyo to rest for one day. Jihyo wakes up early in the morning and starts to do the home chores. She then went outside to hang her laundry. As she was hanging one of her blanket, she saw a tall figure, gets her other blanket and helps her hang the blanket. Jihyo was stunned for a while. It feels like she’s watching a movie, where the male lead would come in surprise and do the laundry with the female lead. Without her knowing, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter