Chapter 2

FATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NEXT DAY

Krrriiinngggggg!!!! Ji Hyo turns off her alarm. It’s 8am in the morning. She wakes up lazily and get ready to go to her work. Around 8.45am, she head downstairs to wait for Hyo Jin. On her way, she greets the lady owner, Aunt Baena. “Oh omonni, good morning. How’s your day?” Ji Hyo ask the lady owner politely. “Oh Ji Hyo-ah.. I’m good! Thank you for asking.. Aigoo, you’re a good girl. I wish you are my daughter. Hahaha. Oh, wait until I introduced you to my son. He’s gonna love you”,Aunt Baena smiles at her and jokes with her. Ji Hyo smiles happily and bow to her before she leaves the lady owner. She saw Hyo Jin’s car already parked at the side of the road and run slightly to the car. She open the door and greets Hyo Jin. Hyo Jin then drives her car to the café.

                                     

 

Hyo Jin parks her car in front of a café. Pearl Café. ‘Wow, this is big. And really fancy.’ Ji Hyo walkes behind Hyo Jin who is already make her way into the café. In the cafe, there are three guys and three ladies working. Their eyes quickly turn to Ji Hyo. They knew that they’re going to get a new co-workers. They all give a pleasant smiles to Ji Hyo. “Ji Hyo-ah, I’m going to leave you to my little brother, Kang Joon. He’s the manager and boss here. I think you know him. I’ve got to go to work now. We celebrate your first day of work tonight, okay?”, Hyo Jin smiles at Ji Hyo and leaves the café right away.

A good looking guy approaches Ji Hyo and smiles birghtly to her.”Hi. I’m Seo Kang Joon. You can just call me Kang Joon here. Or may be Kang Joon oppa. I know you, Ji Hyo-si. You’re under my group when you first arrived in Seoul University. It’s during the orientation day. Don’t you remember? You’re really have no mouth at that time”, Kang Joon introduces himself and asks Ji Hyo as Ji Hyo makes her blur face. Then, Ji Hyo smiles and laugh. “No mouth, huh Kang Joon-si? Of course I remember you. You keep making effort to make me talk”, Ji Hyo speaks after a few minutes of silence and giggles softly. Kang Joon laughs out loud. “I thought you won’t remember me. Come. I introduce you to the other friends”, Kang Joon pulls her hands and bring her to the other workers. Other workers smile seeing their manager’s action. Ji Hyo could feel that her face is reddened now.

He introduces every of the workers with real details. They call each other with nick names here. Well, only guys are called with nick names because the guys are friends with Kang Joon from the middle school. They work at the café to help Kang Joon and spending time together.Two other guys are called Wasabi and Ramen. Wasabi or his real name is Minhyuk got the nick name because once, when they all eats wasabi, he throws up. It’s the most embarrassing moment for Wasabi of course. But, he doesn’t care to be called Wasabi. The guy whose name is Ramen ( Yo Han) got the nick name because he’s the best cooker when it comes to cooking ramen. He’s proud of the nick name. The girls workers are Jenny unni, Kyungmi unni and Daehee unni. They’re all are friendly and nice. Ji Hyo likes the vibes here.

Kang Joon excuses himself because he needs to take care of some important matters regarding the café. Pearl Café was just opened for about a week ago. It’s still new so, there’s really not many people in here. But, many celebrities and  kpop idol come here often because of the calm environment and least customer in here. This café is also close to JYP entertainment. So, of course a lot of JYP artist come here to grab some drinks. It’s like this café is made for those people though. Wasabi and Ramen teach Ji Hyo how to make the coffees, smoothies and bubble tea. They are the baristas while the girls are working as the waiters and cashiers. Ji Hyo wants to be a barista and she also wants to help the girls, so, she doesn’t mind to work more than them. Ji Hyo had a good time working with them. For the first time, she feels so happy and contented. They all knows how to make Ji Hyo laughs. Although in their eyes, she look like she’s just smiling slightly and laughing a little but, they know that Ji Hyo is sincerely happy in here.

The moon has take it turns to rise. All the girls workers already excuse themselves as they have classes to attend. They’re all are part time students so most of their classes are at night. Ji Hyo is left with Wasabi and Ramen. “Ahhh!! It’s a tiring day! Ji Hyo-ah, I’m impressed with you. You’re a quick learner”, Ramen looks at Ji Hyo and smiles at her. The three of them sit on the sofa near the counter as there are no customers at that time. “Yeah. Girl you nails it perfectly! I’ve never thought that you ccould be better than Ramen.”, Wasabi adds the compliment. Hearing that, Ramen pushes Wasabi hard until he fell from the sofa. Wasabi groans in pain. Ji Hyo and Ramen laugh seeing Wasabi’s pain face. Then, Kang Joon enters the café. He’s happy looking that Ji Hyo is already feeling comfortable with the other workers. “You guys look like having such a good time with, Ji Hyo, huh? Ji Hyo-ah, are they naughty?”, Kang Joon asks Ji Hyo while smiling to them. “Yeah. They keeps saying bad things about you”, Ji Hyo smiles at Kang Joon and gives a quick glance to both of the boys who’s already in the confused state. Then both of them look at Ji Hyo. “YAAA!!!”, they shouted and Ji Hyo quickly runs behind Kang Joon as both of the guys are tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter