Chapter 7

FATE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Everything’s ready?”, Jongsuk comes into Ji hyo’s room to pick her up. Jihyo nods her head to Jongsuk. “You, don’t want to meet them again ? For the last time maybe? Jongsuk asks the questions carefully, afraid that he might hurt Jihyo’s feelings. “No need. I’ve met them last night. I don’t want to feel bad leaving them like this”, Jihyo gives a smile to Jongsuk, assuring him that she doesn’t want to meet them ever, again. “Alright. Let’s go”, Jongsuk finally gives up. They both walk out from her ward. Jihyo gives her last look to the room she had been staying for weeks. She suddenly can see the memory of all of the person she loves in here, having fun, joking and enjoying the moment. She then can see the flash of Jason’s face, creeping into her mind. Her eyes got teary but she managed to smile. Finally, the incident of her and Mark last night. Her kiss with him, and that’s one of the greatest memory she wants to keep. “Jihyo?”, Jongsuk calls her when he noticed that Jihyo doesn’t follow him. “Yeah. I’m coming”, Jihyo closes the door of her ward and follows Jongsuk to his car.

On her way to the airport, she passes by Seoul University, the place where she’s going to leave now. Next to the university is a café where she and her few friends used to have their meals here. There, she saw her friends are just coming out from the café. She knows that today, she should join them too. They are planning to hang out and shopping together but Jihyo had to lie to them that she was busy with her job at the café. Jihyo felt so upset to leave her friends and her university. She turns her face away, and look straight. She had promised to herself that she won’t cry anymore. Jongsuk saw the look in her eyes. He does feel bad, but this is what’s the best for Jihyo. He wants the best for his favourite patient and his only bestfriend. After a few years knowing each other, both Jihyo and Jongsuk had been really a good friend but since Jihyo works at the café, they rarely meet each other. Only Jongsuk would call Jihyo just to check on her health.

Jongsuk turns his car to the right, heading to the airport. She then pass by her rent house. She could see Aunt Baena and Jr. are having fun chatting with each other. She also see the Got7 members playing around and goofing with each other but she couldn’t see Mark at all. ‘Yeah. He wouldn’t want to come out after the incident last night’, she thought to herself. Her eyes are getting teary but Jihyo mustered her strength on hold her tears. 10 minutes after that, Jihyo pass by Kang Joon’s café. The place she had works, the place she knows a lot of good people, the place where she experienced the feeling of love for the first time. She could see Kang Joon and Hyo Jin are bickering with each other and Ramen and Wasabi close their ears, probably because they couldn’t stand Hyo Jin high pitched voice. And there’s Jason, plays happily with her three beloved unnis’ co-workers.  Now Jihyo couldn’t hold her tears anymore. It starts to stream down from her eyes. Jihyo quickly wipes her tears and took a deep breath. ‘Don’t cry Jihyo. This is not good for you, and for them’. Jongsuk saw Jihyo’s crying. His right hand hold Jihyo’s hand firmly and he glances to Jihyo for a while. He gives the sweetest smile to Jihyo and Jihyo replies his smile back. Now Jihyo feels much more at ease. Jongsuk then focuses on his driving but he still didn’t let go Jihyo’s hand.

Jongsuk parks his car at the parking lot. He takes all the bags from the back seat and brings it all by himself. He didn’t let Jihyo help him at all. He even takes Jihyo’s handbag and put it on his shoulder. He puts both of his hands on Jihyo’s shoulder and pushes her gently inside the airport. Some people who saw them smiles and squirming seeing their cute interactions and skinships. It seems like they thought that Jihyo and Jongsuk are an adorable couple. Jongsuk just smiles brightly to them and ignores the attention they get. Jihyo blushed but then she just continue to walk with Jongsuk pushing her from behind. Both of them arrived earlier so they decided to just sit around first. “Wait here. I’m going to make a few calls. Don’t bother me okay?”, Jongsuk jokes bluntly just to receive a death glare from Jihyo. Jongsuk clears his throat and quickly take his phone out of from his pocket. He gestures to Jihyo to sit still while he’s on the phone. Jihyo gives a slight nod to him and chuckles softly. ‘It’s not like I’m a little kid. Gee this guy’. She knows that Jongsuk is worried of her. There are couple of times she cannot see well already. Like just now, Jihyo knows that Jongsuk intentionally pushed her gently while walking into the airport so that she could walk fine. She knows that Jongsuk does that so he won’t hurt her feelings. Jihyo felt so touched and thankful to have such a good doctor and companion like Jongsuk. She turns her face to Jongsuk and smile to him when Jongsuk waves to her cheerfully. ‘He’s so not suit to be a doctor. So childish’. She laughs silently thinking of Jongsuk’s behaviour.

^^^^^                                                                        

Mark is practising alone in the practise room. He dances non-stop and sweating crazily. All of a sudden he trips and fall on the floor. His director who is non other than Park Jin Young has been watching him all day long. He quickly run towards Mark and squats down beside him to check on him. To his surprise, Mark cries out loud and he knew that it’s not a cry because of the physical pain, but it’s a heart pain. “Mark. You should stop now. I know something is wrong. I don’t know what is your problem but it’s really obvious that it’s a girl thing. Go tell her before it’s too late”, Mark’s president tried to console him by patting his back gently. Mark gives a sad look to his boss, still sobbing hard. “GO NOW MARK!!”, Park Jin Young pushes Mark hard to get him up so that Mark had strength to run. Mark dashes as fast as lightning towards Kang Joon’s café. He need to know where is Jihyo’s heading. He didn’t even get to know where does Jihyo comes from before.

Mark pushes the door hard and it makes all of the people in the café shocked. “Mark? What are you doing here?”, Kang Joon approaches him slowly and bring him to the counter where he, Jason,  Hyo Jin, Ramen and Wasabi gather. “J-Ji hyo. W-When i-is her flight? GOD I CAN’T EVEN BREATHE PROPERLY! Tell me when is her flight. Where is she heading ? I need to see her!” Mark stutters while trying to speak. He was gasping for air as he was running so hard just now. “She’s heading to Dunedin, New Zealand. Her flight is 12.15pm. You better hurry now! You got 30minutes left!”, Kang Joon shoves Mark harshly to the outside of the café. Although he’s deeply in love with Jihyo, he knows that both Jihyo and Mark love each other. And he’s going to do what ever it takes to make Jihyo happy. The customers are staring weirdly at them but they ignore the stare. What matter’s right now is Mark get to meet Jihyo. “Appa. I want to follow you please”, Jason tugged onto Mark’s jacket, pleading Mark to bring him too. “Here. Take my car”, Kang Joon gives Mark his car key. Mark take it without hesitant and carry Jason quickly to Kang Joon’s car. He put the seatbelt on Jason and droves fast to the airport without bucking his seatbelt first. “Appa, are we going to make it ?”, Jason asks curiously in a low voice. He must have been missing Jihyo a lot already. “We are going to make it”, Mark assures him while stealing a glance to Jason. He gives a warm smile when his eyes met Jason’s.

“Pheww. That was a long call. Professor Grey really miss you. He keeps asking for you just now. Gee that old man”, Jongsuk rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed with his professor. Professor Grey is Jongsuk’s lecturers aka Jihyo’s real doctor. Both Jongsuk and Professor Grey are the one who had been taking care of her as their patient. Jihyo let out a soft chuckle but then she stops abruptly. In front of her, there’s a sweet couple with their son at the middle, looking so happy. Jihyo smiles watching them. It feels like she’s watching herself with Mark and Jason. The son who saw Jihyo’s smiling, smiles back to her. “What a cute son you two have”, Jihyo greets them as their eyes met each other. “Thank you. You two look so adorable too”, the woman points to Jihyo and Jongsuk and praises them. Jihyo and Jongsuk just smile sheepishly. Mark breaks his car furiously at the Drop & Pick-Up Zone. He dashed into the airport, ignoring the guards who’s blowing his whistle as he has parked at the wrong place but he didn’t give a single damn to the guard. He carries Jason and starts to run to the Departure. He’s looking high and low for Jihyo but he couldn’t find her.

“Attention to all the passengers of Flight 375, the flight from Incheon International Airport to Dunedin is going to depart in 10minutes. Thank you”.

Mark could feel like he’s short of breath right now. ‘No. I’ve got to meet her. At least one last time. He runs to the Check-In in hope to find Jihyo but he couldn’t see a glimpse of her at all. Jason who had been holding his hand all this time could feel that his ‘father’ starts to give up. Jihyo and Jongsuk stand up upon hearing the announcement. “Let’s goo”, Jongsuk holds Jihyo’s hand firmly as they walk to the Check-In. Both of them are just passing by Mark and Jason when they walk to the Check-In. It’s Jihyo’s turn to check her passport but she feels like something is wrong. It feels like there’s someone here for her but she don’t know who. She’s the last one to be checked. She turns her face to look around for one last time. She waits for someone, but she didn’t know who. Jongsuk wait for Jihyo patiently at the exit door. Jongsuk suddenly saw Mark’s glimpse but he couldn’t see clearly. Jihyo starts to walk slowly towards Jongsuk but suddenly she stops. “SONG JIHYO!!”. Mark shouts out loud. Everyone in the airport who’s at the scene was shocked by Mark’s shout. Jihyo turns around and freezed to see Mark and Jason were in front of her right now, approximately 100m in front of her. Jongsuk smiles widely seeing Jason and Mark. Mark holds Jason and walks towards Jihyo. He asks the permission of the officer for a while to talk to Jihyo and the officer grants him. Lots of people start to gather to watch them as they know Mark and it seems like a sweet brave confession is going to happen soon. Mark didn’t care the cameras and the attention he gets right now. He was so happy to see Jihyo in front of him again.

“How could you leave us just like this? Aren’t you going to be responsible for Jason?”, Mark starts of cooly. “You’re going to take care of him. Hyo Jin unni and Kang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter