Chapter 04

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
HANBIN POV

"Let's go home." I said as I take her hands but she pulled my hands as if she reject me.

"I, I can't go home with you now. Jisoo and I, we already have a real deal today, we are going to karaoke!" She explained, and from that moment, I know it clearly that she was a lying to me.

"Really?" I said to her in disbelief kind of looks. She knows that I don't believe her so easily.

"Yes!" She exclaimed.

"I am going." I said nonchalantly as I grabbed her hands and dragged her along. I know that she lied to me, Jisoo is out with Bobby and my instinct said if Taehyun hyung asked her to go out together with him, surely I don't like it. I have to admit that I am getting jealous.

"No! Dont!" Hayi yelled at me and shook her hands, as if she didn't want me to touch her. I stared at her coldly, she knows that I am getting mad.

"It's going to be all girls you know." She explained. At that moment I really want to scream at her face, you liar, you can't deceived me. However, I can't do that no matter how much I wanted to.

"Then, it's okay for me."

"No! You can't. You will feel uncomfortable later, and the others might be thinking the same way too."

"Is that you who feel uncomfortable, right?" I don't realize it when I raised my voice so suddenly. She startled at me, her head told me why am I getting all mad at her.

"Kim Hanbin, why are you acting so weird again? You scared me."

"Whatever, I am leave and have fun!" I deepened my voice in a words 'have fun' so that she would know that I didn't wish her to get the fun. I know that I acted so childish.

"Oh my god! Why are you getting so hella mad at me? Kim Hanbin!" She called my name repeatedly when I walkaway from her, but I tried to not look back at her. Hoping that she would chase me.

One.

Two.

Three.

But, I heard nothing.

Four.

Damn it, Lee Hayi why you don't chase me?!

Five.

You little brat, Lee Hayi.

She didn't chase me and when I turned at her direction. She's gone already, without even trying nor taking any efforts to hold me or maybe ask me why I was getting mad. I feel mad, frustrated and completely broken inside because I know she went with another guy— a guy that she likes the most.

I sighed and exhaled some fresh air, but otherwise I feel so suffocated, my head feels heavy as my chest feels so hard to breathe.

I turned my heels and started to walk outside the school gate. I closed my eyes as my mind traveled me to the memories with her this morning.

Her eyes were sparkling so dearly, I never seen her feeling so excited whenever she looked at me, but when she looked at Taehyun her eyes were talking that she was madly in love with him and that things really caught up my nerves.

"With a scale from 0-10, how many scores that he get?" I asked her while I pointed Taehyun hyung with my chin.

Hayi looked at my direction, she smiled at me before turned her eyes again and left mine.

"Now, maybe around 8.5 and soon maybe it would be 10." She said with her sheepish smile.

Then, I turned my head over her. She looked clueless when I imploring into her deep browny eyes, those dreamy eyes of her. "If he was 8.5 then how about me? On a scale from 0-10?"

She chuckled, "Your score? It would be less than 8.5 for sure, don't you know that you are so damn annoying."

"Wait, what the hell are you saying?" I exclaimed as I blocked her way so then she can't going to anywhere except facing me and look only at me.

"You are so annoying."

"Give me your ing score, you witch."

"Of course it would be 1 if it is compared with Taehyun or any other men. You are so childish, Hanbin." She sounded like she was really irritated with me. What was she said? I am childish? I laughed at her words. How could she judge me that I was so childish when she was too dense to realize my feelings over her. Stupid Hayi.

"Fine. I am so childish, but every girls in this school wants me."

"Except me." She cut my words as her eyes were looking away from mine, she laid her eyes into Taehyun.

"Because you are so dumb for real." She looked back at me, she gaped didn't expected it that I will say such things. "I am going."

"Did you called me dumb just now?!" She raised her voice, he knew it that she would throw her tantrum for calling her dumb.

I stopped moving and turned my back at her again, "Yes! You are so dumb, too dense as hell. You witch girl, you called me annoying? Oh What a big joke, you have to fix your anger tantrum before. Taehyun surely didn't want to date a gangster-girl like you." I admit it that I was so childish and my words were kinda rude but I can't bear it anymore by the way she always bragged Taehyun. It annoys me so much and I just really want to shut by kissing her, desperately.

I could see her face turned to red, not because she was embarrassed but she would kill me, less than one second. So, it's better to runaway from her right now.

The memories when I was running away from her were bringing me back to my consciousness. I lifted my head as I implied to get rid of her presence out my mind, which I know it was almost impossible. Until, someone tapped my back and called my name, "Hanbin."

I turned my head to see who's the one that calling me, I've got a perplexed sight over this such a goddess existence in front of me. "Wendy."

"We need to talk." Her eyes told me as if she was really desperately want me. I sighed at those luscious eyes of hers, I could sworn that maybe people would be calling me a for having zero interest at this goddess girl looks like, Son Wendy.

"What?"

She bites her lower lips before she started to talk, "Taehyun asked Hayi to go out with him."

I let a chuckle out from my mouth, "I know."

Now, Wendy's eyes were trying to figure it out what's my reaction which was she know it clearly that I don't like it. Or to the more hardcore terms, I hate it to death.

"Hanbin, you should come to your sense. It's impossible that she likes you or even date you!"

"Shut up!"

* * *

HAYI POV

My heart was beating too loud and a little bit too much. My hands keep shaking and sweating while waiting for Taehyun sunbae near my school gate. My feelings were mixed up between how nervous am I for waiting and scared if Hanbin would be see me again out of nowhere.

"Hi!"
I flinched when someone tapped my shoulder. Taehyun sunbae has already standing beside me with his enchanting smile who can poisoned me with his never ending charms.

"Do I surprised you?" He asked me in concern.

I raised my hands right in his face, give him a sign that it was all okay.
"No! No! I just thinking that you were Hanbin."

"Hanbin?" He frowned.

"I told Hanbin that I am going to karaoke with Jisoo."

I stared blankly at Taehyun sunbae who already burst in laughter. On a contrary I feels so clueless why he was laughing at me, I dont think that it was funny.

"Sunbae..."

"Sorry, I just found it funny."

"Eh, why?"

"Why did on earth you have to lie with Hanbin? It seemed that you were cheated with your boyfriend."

My jaw dropped as soon as I heard his words. What? Boyfriend? The hell.

"B-bo-boyfriend?!" I exclaimed.

"It seems like that." He grinned.

"No way, sunbae! He is my childhood friend. Most importantly, he is too annoying and lately, he was acting weirdly like being too protective at me." I explained while I folded my arms in chest.

Taehyun oppa nodded his head as if he was trying to grasp my words but later he turned his eyes on me and smile. "Let's go, I am gonna show you a decent bookstore nearby."

My lips were twitching up as it turns to smile. I nodded excitedly, "Let's go!"

It doesn't take a long time for us to get here— a place that Taehyun sunbae referring as decent bookstore. It just located a couple block away from our school. This bookstore looks like an ancient castle from outside, if they didn't write their bookstore name maybe people would be thinking that it just a scary house.

Taehyun took the lead for me as he opened the door and asked me to get in by gesturing his hand over me. I smiles shyly at him, I could feel a heat around my cheeks.

I gaped my mouth in awe, much like zoned out about the architecture of this bookstore. It looks like you were entering some old-fashioned library, like those old library you've already seen on some films like Harry Potter. The material of this bookstore architectures and furnitures were occupied by mostly wooden. There were so many rows of bookshelf with such an unique woodcut around its frame. A scents of books were linger on over place, which somehow makes you feel relaxed. Taehyun sunbae didn't lie when he said that it is really a decent bookstore, it actually does. Despite of the antique aura around this bookstore, yet this place still looks sophisticated.

"Magnificent!" I exclaimed as I jumped from my place because I felt so excited.

"I told ya." Taehyun grinned and made his way to the third row of the bookshelf. I peeked to the monitor besides the bookshelf which written with 'Novel - Mystery'

My eyes were following him until he stopped and put some books from the bookshelf. "Sherlock Holmes?" I asks him.

"I really love Sherlock Holmes. It really help me to get m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter