Chapter 02

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hayi POV

Summer.
There is always that one summer that changes — some people said. But rather than changes, It's like a beginning for me. Today, I am officially a high-schooler more importantly, now I am going to the same school with Hanbin.
He's my best friend, my childhood friend. I don't know why, but I feels excited. Back then, I always envy Hanbin with his school stories since I went to the an all girls school in junior high, days passed so fast and it was kinda bored rather than fun or maybe cool like what Hanbin always told me. Falling in love, having a crush, date a guy, I really want to experience those things in my life. So, I promise that am going to try my best and enjoy my days at high school as much as I can.

The summer breeze hits me, I lifted my arms up in the air while I was walking. I turned my heels around and let myself feeling the heat of the summer breeze more. It does't feel hot, it was really warm.

"Are you really that happy?" Hanbin asked me.

Just like Hanbin.
I am glad that I have him as my best friend, he has a warm heart and whenever I got trouble he is always be there for me. Despite we're fighting each other but I don't mind it because we're going to find a way to collide in one way or another.

"Very much." I replied him cheerfully, showing off a bit of my aegyo. I know it won't effect anything to him since I at aegyo.

Hanbin ruffles my hair lovingly, "don't expect too much you fool."

I glared at him, I don't like it when he treated me like a little girl.
"Why are you doing? You ruined my hair!"

"Tie your hair, it suits you best." Hanbin said as he turned to my back quickly, he touched my hair and slowly, he started to tie up my hair.

"This is much better." He said and walk away without even looking at me. This brat.

"Yah! Why did you tie my hair? I looks more prettier with my hair down!" I yelled at him as I tried to catch up my feet with him.

Out of a sudden Hanbin has stopped his way as he turned his body over me. It just simply make me a bit startled, especially when he was leaning closer to me. Strangely, my heart beats rapidly. Just like this morning, he helped me when I've almost tripped. Seeing him in a school uniform, I'd admit it that he looked kinda hot. Maybe that's why my heart seemed so strange.

"You're not even pretty whether you were tied up your hair or let your hair down."

Oh God. I think, he was really want me to beat him up again and again. So, I beat him by kicking off his foot.

"!" I smirked as I leave him feel the pain. He groaned and called my name repeatedly but I've been learning so much to ignore him.

* * *

I zoned out as I finally has arrived in front of my school gate. There were so many students who gather around at the school yard, patiently waiting for the opening ceremony to be held.

Hanbin has reached me, I could feel that Hanbin was staring at me and about to laugh because I just staring blankly at my school.

"Yah, dummy! What are you looking at?" I glared at Hanbin when I heard him laughing at me, but I can't beat him up right now because I am too nervous that much.

"Ottoke! I feels so nervous..."

"Don't worry, it just our school." Hanbin's words much or less, it affects me a lot. He has reassured me to feel more secure that everything is going to be okay. He put his hands at my shoulder as he took a lead for us and walking straight to our school.

We're finally passed the school gate, but out of a sudden I felt everybody has an eyes on me especially with the girls, most of them are watching me with disbelief or rather shocked. I could barely hear what people said when I was passed them by.

'Is that Kim Hanbin?'
'OMG. Kim Hanbin from Yanggoon Junior High?'
'He is so handsome, who the hell the girl beside him? She's so ugly.'

Well, the hell... They said I am ugly?! Wait and I will beat you all up.
I stared at Hanbin who still calmly lead me to the school yard where's the opening ceremony for the new student will be held and I turned my eyes to the people around us, almost every girls in here were keep their eyes on Hanbin, like he was a delicious meal. Strangely, I don't really like it and why did on earth everybody staring at Hanbin like that? Does he really, well, having a lot of fans as he used to claim at me. Now, I wonder.

'It can't be that she is his girlfriend right?'

I almost dropped my jaw when I accidentally heard it. What the hell girlfriend?! No way.

"Get your hands off of me." I asked him as I tried to push Hanbin away from me because he seemed so persistent for not letting me go. Hanbin looked so pissed and I don't know why he looked mad at me.

"Everybody is watching us, they thought that I was your girlfriend. My ."

"So, you don't like it when people see us like a couple?"

I laughed so damn hard in return. Hanbin has been acting so hilarious lately, how could we become a couple since we're pretty much just like a brother and sister.

"Couple? Are you crazy? We're just a childhood friend, don't you think it'll look awkward when we're start to date each other out of the blue?"

"As if I wanna to date you." Hanbin said nonchalantly, well, he looked mad I could tell by the way his i-don't-give-a- kinda face. Now, he left me alone.

"Yah! Kim Hanbin! How dare you to ignore me! Yah! Do you want me to kill you?! YAAAAA!" I yelled to him as I tried to catch him up, but Hanbin just walking straight and keep ignoring me. This moron, I don't get it but lately he has been overly sensitive.

I am still trying to catch him but the people around me were getting too crowd. It seems that I can't keep up with him and out of sudden, someone bumped me and I lose my balance. Oh God.

"Oh my god, I am sorry. I didn't see you was there, are you okay?" Someone said to me, by the sound of the voice I could tell that the people who bumped me was a guy. Busily, I tried to get up and wiped all the dirts in my skirt. I just ignore him when he handed me his hands but when I looked up at him, I felt a little bit disappointed why I don't accept that.

At that time I felt like everything has been falling apart, out of sudden I can't even feel my legs. It turned to be a jelly, following by the ticklish sensation over my stomach, as if there were a butterflies within myself.
He got such a dreamy eyes, for a brief moment I thought that he was so enchanting.
When he smiles, he took my breathe away instantly, especially with that mischievous smile on him, my heart was beating rapidly.
He looks so overly handsome, his face looked so small and when he smile his eyes make a crescent moon shape which is too cute. Handsome, maybe that was a perfect words that suits him best.

"Are you okay?" That guy shook off both his hands right in front of my face because I was still zoned out. What a silly.

"I.. I am okay."

"It such a relief then, by the way enjoy your new day in this school and I am really sorry. Bye." He said to me as he please himself to go by waving his hand to me. Awkwardly, I just bowed 90 degree at him, well, I could tell it maybe he was my senior at this school. But, suddenly I felt so curious, it feels like everything about him was a matter to me. I found it very annoying when I don't even have a chance to ask his name earlier.

"Nam Taehyun. So ing handsome and cute at the same time, don't you think so?"
I turned my head over the cute voice's owner beside me. I stared blankly at the petite girl with a braided hair beside me. She looked so damn pretty and she has a perfect body figure that almost every girl wants.

"I, Kim Jisoo. Nice to meet you." She smiled brightly as she handed me her hands. Politely, I received her hands as the sign of our friendship. I think it was a good thing that I could make a new friend very soon like this. This girl looks so nice too.

"Hayi, Lee Hayi."

"Well, Hayi. It seems that you've been overly crazy with Nam Taehyun sunbaenim." Jisoo said, by the way she talked to me, I think she knows so much about that guy that she called as Nam Taehyun sunbaenim.

"Do you know him?" I asked her to fulfilling my curiosity needs.

Jisoo smirks, "who doesn't know Nam Taehyun here? Everybody wants to date him. Well, I will admit it that he was kinda handsome but nothing compares to my dearest sunbae."

"I guess, there are so many cool sunbae here?" I asked her excited.

"You must be didn't know anything about Yanggoon High. Well, if you said so, I would agree there are so many cool sunbae here and a bunch of pretty girls too." Jisoo said dryly, but I love it when Jisoo didn't mind me at all to give any information about my new school. Much or less it would help me in the future.

"Yes you're right, this is my first time for attending a co-ed school."

"I see... That's why you looks so clueless, don't worry I will help you." Jisoo said nicely, I give my smile at her in return. Right now, I really looking forward to my high school life when so many unexpected things happen. I will cherish every moment of it, no matter it was a happiness or sadness because we're young and every moment that creates us today is all the moment that we passed yesterday that will make us strong when we're grow up.

"Omo!" I looked back at Jisoo, she looked so surprised, both of her hands were covering .

"What? Kim Hanbin?" I asked her in disbelief when Jisoo staring blankly - no, but rather shocked at Hanbin. He looked so happy, talking with his friends. He turned his head to me but rather than greeted me he just ignoring me. This little moron, I guess he really want the taste of my fists. Now, I steal a glance back at Jisoo, she still zoned out. Don't tell me that Jisoo.... truthfully, has a crush on Hanbin? It can't be. No way.

"Don't you say that you have a crush on Hanbin?" I asked her carefully, just in case that question probably would be bother her in one or another. Jisoo turned her eyes on me, slowly her facial expression has changed and she started to laugh hard.

"For a God's sake, Hanbin is my friend at Junior High. Why would I have a crush on him?" Jisoo replied my question, her answer somehow make me feel secured.

"I though you were like him."

"No thank you and maybe it was you, my guess?"

I almost choked up when Jisoo asked me that non sense question. People used to ask me this kind of question but whenever people asked me if I have a crush on Hanbin or if I were date him, it was always amaze me, like how ridiculous is that.

"You are wrong, Hanbin is my childhood friend. It was impossible for us to date. I don't even like his personality, he is pretty much afar from my ideal type."

"Well I couldn't agree more, he is indeed annoying though." I laughed so hard as I heard Jisoo's reaction which is beyond my expectation. Finally, I've met someone who think the same way as me.

"Then why did you look so spaced out?" I asked her hesitantly.

"That guy, beside Hanbin."
I followed Jisoo's eyes where she pointed at, to the guy with a rabbit-teeth, his shoulder looked so broad and his body proportion seemed so perfect. I gaped my mouth when I realized that he was Bobby oppa, one of Hanbin's best friend and his sunbae from Junior High.

"Bobby?!"
Jisoo smiled brightly and nodded at me repeatedly as an answer, there were a sparks on her eyes that told me like she has fallen for him, for a moment I wonder how do you feel when you love someone.

* * *

Lunch break has started, almost every students of my school were gather on our cafeteria, so did I. My first day as high schooler went so perfectly, though today haven't finished yet but it was all good. I already made some friend too and my classmates seems so nice and friendly as well. Unless Hanbin, who still looked mad at me, I can't even find him anywhere. But, honestly I know where he was, rooftop school, since Hanbin always told me that he likes to spent his day at rooftop school back then. But the thing that pissed me off is I don't get it why he seemed so mad at me when I said that it was impossible if we were dating, why would he mad? I sighed as I stared blankly at the last strawberry yogurt at the stack. But suddenly, when I am about to grab that strawberry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter