Chapter 03

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hayi POV

"Hanbin, watch your attitude." Taehyun said as if he gave Hanbin a warns. At that time, I've realized something might be happen on them which is I don't even know what, Hanbin never told me about this girl either too so I was so clueless and by watching of their action, it was really make me feel completely like an outsider.

I glanced at Hanbin, he chuckled and out of a sudden he grabbed my wrist, he gave me a sign that we need to leave and get the hell out from these people.

"We need to talk." Wendy has stopped Hanbin's way by pulled his other hands and blocked his way.

"Wendy, stop it." I rolled my eyes automatically as I saw Taehyun tried to stop Wendy. He touched her hand tightly, these three people were acting so amazingly weird. It makes me wonder what really happened with them.

"Ah, I see, do you really leave me because of this girl?" asked Wendy coldly. Frankly, she rolled her eyes to me. I gasped, what is this? Why did the heck she mentioned my name when I don't even know what happened with these three. 

"Noona, stop it. Can't you?" Hanbin glared at her, his voice sounded so intimidating, I already knew Hanbin for 10 years or so, I made him angry so many time but he never showed me such a scary face like that before. Hanbin looked so scary like hell.

"Wendy..." Taehyun tried to console her but it seems that she don't want to listen at anybody. 

"Do you really like her?" Wendy asked Hanbin and she pointed me with her deadly eyes which is left me burst out in laughter, Geez! What the hell with her ridiculous question. Hanbin squeezes my hand like he asked me to stop laughing.

"Mian." I murmurs, I stared blankly at her hazel eyes, at that time, at any rate I just feeling that I need to give her at least an explanation, not for Hanbin nor her but for me. 

"But, I'd like to tell you that Hanbin and I, we just a childhood friend. There's no such thing like love between us, as in terms of love between man and woman." I explained it calmly at Wendy. But, suddenly I could feel some tensed aura within Hanbin's hands. I don't know exactly but he seemed that he didn't like my answer, so I just bluntly ask him to make it sure, "right, Hanbin-ah?"

There was a long silent between us, Hanbin was acting strange again because he just staring deeply right into my eyes. By the way I saw his eyes, I could state it that he looks so frustrated and a bit sad? I turned my eyes to look at Wendy, at that time I thought, maybe it was because of her. 

"You're right." Said Hanbin finally.

"Liar." Wendy said as she glared at me.

"Wendy, I said stop. Let's go, I walk you home. Hanbin, you go now." Taehyun suggested us to go and without even saying anything before, Hanbin has dragged me already, he never let go of my hands.

From the corner of my eyes, I could barely see it that Taehyun was hugging Wendy as she started to cry on his chest. By seeing him hugging her that casually, I could call it that they were pretty close and by the way Taehyun looked at her, I concluded that, maybe he loves her. Somehow, I feels my heart is sick as if being ripped in all over place.

* * *

Silent.
Maybe it was the most quietest moment for me and Hanbin ever. Hanbin seems extremely frustrated, I do feel the same because I can't help him or knowing anything happened between Hanbin, Wendy and Taehyun. It frustrates me too.

Finally, we've arrived in front of my home but Hanbin still remaining silent.

"Thanks." I said it dryly.

Hanbin looked at me, no words coming from his mouth. He just smiled at me and head back to his home which located just a few meters away from my home. Frankly, I chased him back and blocked his way, I opened up my arms just in case he will run away from me.

"What the hell?" Hanbin asked to me coldly.

"Are you mad at me or are you mad because of something else?"

"Something else."

"It was all because Wendy, right?" Suddenly my curiosity came out from my mind. I just want to know who the hell she is and what is her relationship with Hanbin or more importantly Taehyun.

"Do I need to tell you?" Hanbin chuckled as he rubbing his own hair like he was so frustrated.

"Honestly, I was kinda curious with your relationship with..."

"She is my ex-girlfriend." Hanbin said before I finished my question. I gaped my mouth as soon as I heard this surprising news. Goddamn it, Wendy is Kim Hanbin's ex girlfriend? I couldn't believe it because she is too gorgeous and Hanbin is such a fool for letting her go.

"Jinja?! Your ex girlfriend?!" I almost scream in denial.

"It's none of my business whether you'll believe it or not." Hanbin said nonchalantly. I pushed his chest when he was going to leave. Strangely, he stares at me right in my eyes, it was such an intense stares and somehow make me feel clueless about his action these days.

"Then why did you break up?"

Hanbin took a few breath, his eyes still looking at me, slowly his hands reached my hair and he tucked it between my ears. He was acting strange again, sometimes, he was too gentle which is make me worried about his presence, worried about myself and worried about our friendship, if he kept treat me this way, someday I could fall for you.

"Do you really want to know?" Hanbin asked me and I just nodded in excitement.

"I don't love her, because I've fallen for someone else."

"This brat! Yah! Can't you see, Wendy is so ing beautiful and you said that you don't love her? My . Does the one that you love is more prettier than Wendy?" I started to bombard him with a lot of question, I feel glad because Hanbin finally could opened up to me even though it just a bit.

But suddenly, Hanbin was leaning closer to me, he laid his eyes on me. There was only a few inch apart between us, I could see his dark eyes were sparkling beautifully. His forehead, his monolids eyes, his sharp-jaw, his perfect nose and his thin lips. Instantly, I feel that my heart clenched. I never know that he looks so much better when you see him this close.  I really want to move away but on the contrary, my body seems like didn't want to.

My heart skips a beat as Hanbin smiles and says, "yes, she is more prettier than her."

"Nu... Nuguya?" I asked him, stuttered.

"You will know it later." Hanbin stated and his tone was turning cold again.

"But, Wendy noona seems like she has still into you."

"So does Taehyun hyung. He is still so into Wendy." Suddenly Hanbin blurted that words out of the blue, the things that I already know just by seeing his act toward Wendy.

"I know."

"So, you better stop. Now. Before its too late and you'll get hurt." Hanbin said while he was looking straight into me. His gaze was telling me that he was so worried.

For a moment, I was thinking for every possibilities, it's either get him completely or get hurt entirely. But we all never know what will happen in the future, if you didn't take the chances you'll only feel a regret later. 

"I wont give up, I will do anything to make him love me. Whatever it takes." I said it without any doubt. Now, Hanbin are staring at me intensely. He took a few step closer to me as he cupped both my cheeks.

"Listen, I don't want you to get hurt. I couldn't stand to see you cry, it was enough for me, I won't let anybody hurt you."

At that time, I can understand how was Hanbin feel to me. Maybe he was worried because he is truly treasure me as his sister, I am grateful that I have him as my best friend but I just really want him to know that I know exactly what to do and I already prepared for the worst scenes too.

"Hanbin-ah, I know that you are worried, but if you never try, you'll never know. People changes, so does feelings. If I could turning a table then it's good but if I couldn't do that, at least I won't regret it because I've tried." I tried to convince him, just hoping that he would come to understand me. But I was wrong, he looked so mad, out of a sudden he pushed me away so rudely. Does it necessary to act this mean to me?

"Why don't you hear me? Are you a fool? You can even see it clearly and one thing that you should know, I am not going to help you." Hanbin said with his intimidating voice, even almost yelling at me. I don't even get it why he act like that.

"If you don't wanna help me then it's fine. I am going." I said as I head back to my home, passing him by, our shoulder bumped into each other, he don't even feeling sorry about what he said and his childish acts towards me. Nonetheless, I just feeling so upset why he can't accept my decision, I thought that he was understand me better than anyone else but I was wrong. 

I opened the door and going inside. I rolled my eyes to the every space of my house, it was empty. Strangely, I can't feel both my legs as I slumped down my back against the door. I feel so exhausted, as in mentally.

* * *

The sun has risen, the birds was chirping loudly as the sign that morning has come. I stretched my arms up as I tried to open up my heavy eyes. I yawned, a big yawn, while I was trying to find my phone on the table. I gasped as I take a look at my phonescreen, Oh God! I am going late to school. Instantly, I rushed myself to the bathroom and get prepared of my school stuff. It's been 2 days but I already late for going school.

Instantly, I skipped my breakfast and just heading off for school. My heart was almost jumping from its place when I saw Hanbin was standing at my front door as if he has been waiting for me for a couple hours.

"Oh My God! You scared me!" I said with my high-pitched note. I keep my eyes on him, trying to figure it out whether he was still mad at me or not by reading all his gesture. 

"Why you takes so long?! Don't you know that we're almost late?" Hanbin came to his usual self, nags a lot and complain a lot, I smile sheepishly, now I feel relief because we can talk normally again like how we used to.

"Mian and stop nagging at me, it's better to run now." I suggested as I turned my heels around, ready to run and left Hanbin behind. I chuckled when I heard him snorted.

"Yah! Ppallii!" I yelled at Hanbin just to make sure, so he would chase me but he looked so busy with his bag which is make me lose my patience and yelled at him back, but out of sudden he threw me a chocolate bread. I catch that bread in my reflexes.

"Eat that bread first, I know you haven't eaten anything yet."

At that time, the wind blows his hair naturally and the sunlight that hits him, it made him looks so amazingly too good looking.

"Th... Thanks!"

Now, Hanbin is standing right beside me. Damn, I never know that he became incredibly more hotter. No wonder, so many girls are chasing after him.

"What? You barely said 'thank you' to me." He smirked.

I chuckles as I kick his foot, "Okay, is this enough? I will buy you a rice ball later."

Hanbin groaned in pain and I know he wouldn't stop to curse me for at least five minutes from now on.

"Later, when?! You witch, I don't need your thank you."

"THIS AFTERNOON! Happy?"

"Happy, because I will have a lunch-date with you." Hanbin said it bluntly as he suddenly put his arms around my shoulder and pulled my body closer to him. At any rate, I really want to push him away but it seems that I don't want him to put his arms off of me, at least until we reached school. I think, this time, I just want to be a little bit more selfish about him for awhile.

* * *

I went straight to the cafeteria right after I heard the bell has sounded. Of course, I have to get our lunch before it's too late. I cursed myself repeatedly when I remembered that I have to get Hanbin a meal too. My phone was buzzing, I grabbed it shortly to see who's the one that sent me a text.

Hanbinnie: I am hungry, can you come here a little bit fast? Like 1 minutes from now.

This bastard.
I typed quickly as I finished reading his text, but...

"Ackk!" I cried out. 

"Oh Godness!"

I dropped my jaw as I put my head up to see someone that I bumped to. Holy God, it was Taehyun Sunbae-nim. My heart skips a beat shortly afterwards. I can't even tell how was my feeling when our body accidentally bumped into each other again, this time I felt an electricity in throughout my body.

"Are you okay, Lee Hayi?" Taehyun asked me, he looks so concern and of course it makes me happy for no reason.

"Yes, I am perfectly fine and I am sorry, sunbaenim."

"Good then, it's okay but later, don't reply a text while you were walking around. It's dangerous, you might get hurt. Okay?"

Shyly, I nodded at his words. I can't believe that he was too gentle.

"Alright, see you later, Hayi-ssi."

He left me breathless with his angelic smile that could light up the whole town. His dreamy eyes when he smiled so genuinely and his sweet words really make me can't say anything else. He is the true definition of perfection.

I couldn't hide my smile and the flutters feeling around my stomach. I never expected it being madly in love with someone would be this happy and challenging.

"Lee Hayi-ssi."

I stopped my way right after I heard someone called my name. I turned my heels over, Wendy was the one who called me.

"Wendy sunbae?"

"Can we talk for a moment?" She asked me. At that moment, a lot of question popped out in mind. She leads me to a quiet place, so no one could hear us. It seems that she would tel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter