Chapter 01

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I still remember everything clearly when I first saw you.
It was summer.
I was just a little-6-years-old-boy back then, you were running towards me with your bright smile on your face.
At that time, I don't even understand why my heart beats so fast.

"Hey, can we play together?" She said with a high-pitched voice, just too cute to handle. I wasn't sure exactly, but I feel breathless when I saw her this close. Her cheeks were so red, just like a tomato. Her eyes were sparkling like a star in the night skies.

"Al... Alright, shall... shall we?" I replied her offers, even worse I stuttered, maybe at that time I looked so silly.

"I am.. Lee Hayi. I just moved here yesterday. What's your name?" She took a few step closer to me, Goddamn it, she was really really really left me speechless. I still remember the scents of her hair, it was strawberry. Even her clothes were all red. Red shirt, red skirt, red cheeks. No she wasn't a tomato, because strawberry fits you more. Just like strawberry, you were so bright, fresh and make me feel excited at the same time.

"Kim..." 

"Kim?" She leaned closer to me, showing off her eye-candy smile. She blown my mind.

"Hanbin."

"Nice to meet you, Kim Hanbin." 
She handed me her hands, I just gladly accept her hands and for a God's sake, a strange things happened, I felt like a balloon up in the air, floating to nowhere, but I didn't going nowhere, I am stuck and when I looked down, now I know everything. She is the one. 

"I am going to marry you in the future." I don't know what was the exact thing that happened to me so that, I could say such bluntly things so easy. Well, but I am still a kid anyway. But, one thing that I am sure, it wasn't a joke.

Hayi looked at me with a blank expression, it was really make me nervous but slowly her expression changed, there was a flesh on her cheeks.

"Then, I will looking forward to it."

"Alright, you just to prepare yourself to fall for me when we were grown up later."

But yeah, I know things never going as smooth as you expected it. Maybe you all thinks that my dream was really perfect, because it was just a dream, after all in reality it wasn't that beautiful like a dream. It was rather frustrating and confusing.
10 years of friend-zone, 10 years of holding back, the contradiction between my heart and my brain were getting bigger each days, it just like choosing the bad among the baddest. Hayi's thought was too deep like pacific ocean and I couldn't help unless wondering about her feeling towards me, and I know it clearly, she has never seen me as a guy, because I am just simply her best friend and if one day I ruined everything what we had done these years, I won't forgive myself that easily. Because I am never ever be able to lose her as my best friend, too.


* * *

'Ringggg... Ringgg... Ringgggg!'
A noisy sound of my alarm phone were ringing loudly right in my ears. Geez, I tried to reach out my phone beside me to turn off the alarm in my phone. It was too noisy, much or less, that thing always ruining my peaceful morning. Well, of course it did, since I am not typical morning person ever. It took me forever even to get up and get prepared for school.
I know, I should be feeling excited since today is the first day of school as a high-schooler which is the best day in your life — some people said. But otherwise, I feel worried because I am going to the same school with Hayi. I don't know but my intuition said, maybe something bigger would be happen soon which is I don't know yet if its bad or a good ones, just thinking about it really make my head hurts already.

"Yah! Kim Hanbin! Wake up, you lazy !!" Suddenly, someone has opened my door and invaded my room like a stroms, Hayi came in my room without my permission as she kept shouting my name to wake me up. Feeling annoyed because I just ignored her, she kicked my .
Goddamn it! Lee Hayi. I swear if you weren't the love of my life I wouldn't let you alive when you kicked my while am sleep.
I tried to endure a pain in my which is successfully got me fully awake now. Hayi has came and invaded my room like I was her prisoner.
I glared at her with my killer eyes, but Hayi is just Hayi.

A brave girl.
So chic and sassy.
Clumsy.
Very rough.

"Yah! Don't you even scared a bit? You just so carelessly entering a guy's room!"

Reckless.
And...

I don't even wearing any shirt on, I am shirtless, but she just looked so blankly without any expression. What a cold woman, I don't even know what is the exact thing in her mind right now.

"Why? It just your room. I already came in and out for almost 10 ing years." Hayi said nonchalantly without even mind me or my bare chest. For a god's sake! Does she really like a guy? Sometime that thought always crossed my mind.

"Uh, huh? Just my room? Let's see what's your reaction this time."
I get up from my bed and took a few step to get her but rather than running away, she just standing there with such an unpleasant looks in her eyes. I pinned her on the wall, I smirks.

And... Too dense.

"What the hell are you doing?" 
Oh huh, now she looked at me in disgust. Does she already know how to act well in a guy's room?

"Yah, do you understand how to behaving well in a guy's room right now?"

Hayi closed her eyes and now she looked at me with that blank expression again.
"Ack!"
, she slapped my chest.

"Don't be worry. I don't see you as a man. Hurry and get prepare you are so stink." 

"What? Then what am I to you?"

"An eyesore." She mocked me with her annoying and blank expression.

No matter how many times I spent with her, she is always left me speechless. I used to hear her harsh words so many times but whenever I heard it came from it still amaze me like it just her charms.

"Wh.. What an eyesore?! Yaa!! Lee Hayi! I am a man after all, you can't come in and out as you please to a man's room!"

"You're too noisy! Ppali get prepared now!" Once again, Lee Hayi slapped me. This time she slapped me with my pillow straight to my face.

* * *

I buttoned my uniform as I take a look on my reflection in the mirror. A high-schooler, my journey as a teenager has begun and I wish my love-life too, I wish, starting today she would come to her sense and realizing that I am the one who loves her although, it seemed impossible. I sighed.

Right after I finished my school stuff, I get out from my room and walked down the stairs calmly. I could smell the scents of peach tea and burned toast from my dining room and her cheerful laugh. Lee Hayi, just hearing your laugh really make my heart skips a beat.

"Good morning, my son." My mom smiled and ran after me, she always kisses and hugs me every morning, honestly I don't mind it but since Hayi was there I felt so embarrassed.

"Mom, stop it! I am turning 16 this year." I said as I tried to free myself from my mom.

"Eyy, are you embarrassed because Hayi was there?" My mom winked at me.

"I told you don't be worry, I don't see you as a man though." She said calmly without even looking at me. Hayi was too focused on her breakfast.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter