Dude... Bro... Thing...

What happens at Hogwarts stays at Hogwarts

Sehun was casually strolling around the castle (he was actually trying to find his way down to the common room but due to a stupid staircase he was once again lost) as Madam Pomfrey had thrown him out of the hospital wing for being too loud. Jongin and Baekhyun were allowed to stay for some reason Sehun couldn’t fathom, as it’d been them who were exceptionally noisy, not him. But he didn’t complain, now he could return to his bed to build a fort to live in while trying to supress all the memories of the Quidditch try-outs. Or well, he would’ve done that if the stupid stairwell hadn’t decided to be a to him and move while he was on it. Now he just tried to look like as he was exactly were he wanted to be and not at all completely lost and just looking for some emergency map or something (this castle was a safety hazard. What if there was a fire then how would people know were the emergency exits were? Okay it was a magic castle so maybe it was completely fire safe but Sehun still thought it was stupid that there were no maps present anywhere).

 

He had just decided to turn back to try to retrace his steps in hopes of finding the dungeons when he heard a strange noise coming from what he thought was a girl’s bathroom. The small figurine could be of a person wearing robes but Sehun guessed that it was supposed to represent a female wearing a dress. No matter what the sign meant a weird hissing sound had come from the behind the door to be followed by some sort of rumble and to end off with a loud clunk. Sehun stood still looking at the door, contemplating whether or not to enter the room and find out what all that noise was about. After a few seconds another loud clunk sounded, as if something slid into place, and Sehun decided that, yes, he would see what it was that happened behind that door. He took a deep breath, bracing himself, looked around himself to make sure that no teachers would catch him in the act and put his hand on the doorknob. He turned it, wishing that the door would open silently, and pushed the door inwards.

 

To be met with nothing. Unless you counted the large, round structure of sinks in the middle of the room and some cubicles along the walls as something. Sehun didn’t. Therefore he was quite confused as there was nothing there. He was sure that the weird sound had come from this room yet there was nothing to be seen. He was all alone in the bathroom. Not even a girl in sight (which might’ve been lucky because he didn’t know how he would’ve explained his existence there). Not wanting to admit defeat Sehun went over to the sinks and turned them all on in turn, to see if the noise could’ve been just a malfunctioning sink. However none of them either hissed or rumbled and no matter how hard he shut them off none clunked either.

 

It took a flushing of a random toilet and a look in the mirror (his hair looked freaking fabulous today) for Sehun to realise that this was a magic castle, and magic castles might give out random noises at will (or so he guessed at least), so maybe nothing weird had happened here after all. That meant that he wouldn’t have to put it on his conscience that he left the room after not having found out what the source of the sound was. He should probably leave soon any way because he’d been in there for a while and if a girl walked in he would be in trouble (his looks, no matter how fabulous hair, couldn’t save him in this case). So after sticking his head out the door and looking twice in every direction he sneakily ran out and started walking in what he thought was the right direction towards the Slytherin common room.

 

“Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!”

 

Sehun had only made it a few metres when he suddenly was attacked by a shouting male who engulfed him in a hug, hands patting him on the back in a man-hug kind of fashion.

 

“Ehm… Hey… bro?” Sehun did not know this guy. Although he hadn’t been able to see much of him before he was crushed into a hug he knew he didn’t know anyone this tall, nor anyone from Gryffindor if he’d seen the colours of his tie correctly. “Ayo wassup..?” Being called dude Sehun deemed it inevitable to try to act cool. He didn’t feel too comfortable with it thought. This tall dude being was still hugging and patting Sehun and not knowing how to escape the situation he simply decided to hug the other back. Hugs are gre-

 

“Hey, were are those hands going?” Sehun screeched while pushing the other off of him. The “friendly” pats on his back had slowly started to go lower and lower. No matter how great hugs are, Sehun is not comfortable with -grabbing on the first date. Not that this was a date. He didn’t even know the other guy. So -grabbing was definitely not okay yet.

 

“Down your pants obviously!” The other guy answered casually, albeit a bit irritated, as if Sehun’s question was completely out of this world.

 

“Excuse me?” Sehun had been right about not knowing this dude bro guy. First of all he would never befriend someone who randomly stuck their hands down strangers pants during their first seconds of meeting and second of all Sehun would’ve remembered his appearance. He was tall, and slightly gangly without looking malnourished in any way (he probably had great metabolism Sehun thought begrudgingly). He had quite big eyes that were for the moment scaring Sehun a bit (they say that the eyes are the windows to your soul. Well this soul is irritated and stressed, very much so), and his face was set in a slight frown so for the moment he couldn’t quite judge how his lips were as they were currently pressed into a thin line. The tall guy had short black hair that somehow managed to make his already kinda big ears look even bigger. However his eyebrows were great, amazingly shaped and Sehun wondered briefly if he waxed them (then he remembered what was going on and staring at a beautiful offensive (offensively beautiful?) stranger was not the time for now). If a third reason for not knowing him was needed, Sehun hadn’t befriended any gryffindors yet either.

 

Before the tall one could answer a third guy joined the party, him too looking like a freaking supermodel and making Sehun wonder where all the ugly students at Hogwarts hung out because he hadn’t seen any yet. This guy was shorter than both of them but not short enough to be on a Baekhyun/Kyungsoo level (don’t tell them he thought that). There weren’t many people that could sport a bowl cut and get away with it but this guy clearly could. His hair was dyed a reddish brown and it almost seemed to be glowing in the dim lightning in the corridor. He had sort of catlike features, slanted eyes, high cheekbones and an ever present smile  (Sehun had only met him for a few seconds so he couldn’t know for sure about the smile but the corners of his mouth seemed to be ever so slightly turned upwards).

 

“Chanyeol, you have to stop scaring all the new kids at first sight.” The second boy said as he laid a hand on this Chanyeol’s shoulder. “You don’t have to worry,” He continued, “He’s was just searching for his rat, Dude, who was hiding in your shirt.”

 

“Rat? I had a rat in my shirt without noticing?” Sehun screeched, frozen at his spot of the thought of having had a rat inside his shirt.

 

“Yeah, Jongdae here spelled him for a prank.” Chanyeol explained, seemingly calmed down as he now smiled too. “Kind of stupid as he’s managing to flee much more now. But he seems to like Slytherins for some reason and thankfully we found you and Dude quite quickly this time around.”

 

“Rat? I have a rat in my shirt?”

 

“Yes. So would you please hand him over?” It was Chanyeol’s outstretched hand and expectant look that got Sehun to understand that, yes, he had a rat in his shirt. If he could scream he would, but somehow he couldn’t find his voice. Instead he violently threw off his shirt (silently thanking the gods for not having worn his tie nor sweater today) and started shaking it above his head in hopes of the rat falling out. Chanyeol in turn shrieked in horror of the thought of his rat falling out of the shirt so he immediately jumped on Sehun, clinging onto him and trying to catch the moving shirt. Jongdae was just standing at the sidelines, laughing softly.

 

Someone clearing his voice interrupted them and both Sehun and Chanyeol froze in what they were doing. It was the Head Boy accompanied by Yixing who were standing in front of them, one with a judging look on their face and one with that of hilarity. “Not that I don’t support threesomes but would you please keep it in the privacy of your own bedroom and not out in the open where anyone can see you?” The Head Boy continued and Chanyeol practically jumped off of Sehun when he realised what it looked like they were doing.

 

“I was just trying to retrieve my rat.” Chanyeol tried to excuse himself but the Head Boy didn’t seem to believe him. Especially not after he shot a look at Jongdae and then raised an eyebrow at the two others.

 

“If you say so. In that case could you please continue to “retrieve the rat” in one of your bedrooms?” He said and walked past. Yixing followed but not without smirking at them and shaking his camera at them, showing that he’d put this moment on film and that he’d never let them forget about it.

 

“Joonmyeon don’t be like this~” Chanyeol whined but the Ravenclaw only continued on his way. “Why wouldn’t he believe me?” He asked after a few seconds as he turned to Jongdae. And that’s when he noticed that the shorter had been standing there holding Dude in his arms the entire time. Sehun was out of words, this day had just been too much, and he silently accepted the help from a random Slytherin firstyear to get to the common room.

 

~ * ~

 

“So why are we doing this again?”

 

“Because I swear that I saw that weird Slytherin kid coming out from the girls’ lavatory looking really suspicious and night time is the only time we can check it out.”

 

“Wait, you two think Sehun is doing something suspicious? In the girls’ bathroom?” Baekhyun laughed. That Sehun even could be able to do something suspicious just seemed too farfetched for Baekhyun and he couldn’t believe that Jongdae and Chanyeol thought he was up to something.

 

“I don’t know if I think that he is doing something suspicious but something weird was happening in that room or he wouldn’t have been acting so weird.” Jongdae answered matter-of-factly. The three of them had met up at their usual spot, a small storage room on the fourth floor, as Jongdae had told both Chanyeol and Baekhyun that they had an important task to do this night. “And since we couldn’t look it up today, as Chanyeol just had to jump Sehun and attract attention to us, we have to investigate this bathroom now.”

 

“Hey, it’s your fault in the first place that Dude manages to run away like that!”

 

“So why can’t you do this on your own? I don’t believe that Sehun has done anything so why do you need me?” Baekhyun quickly asked before the two others could get into a loud argument about who’s fault it actually was that they had spelled Dude (it might actually have been Baekhyun’s but he didn’t want to remind Chanyeol of that fact).

 

“Because you’re the best of us at Disillusionment charms, which you already know as you just charmed Chanyeol.” It was true, Baekhyun was always in charge of charming them before they went out to roam the castle at night so he had guessed that that’s what he needed to do tonight too. “Now do me!”

 

“And here I thought you were claiming to be straight.”

 

“Oh shut it.”

 


 

AN:

Oatmeal with peanutbutter is surprisingly delicious.