Who's that boy?

What happens at Hogwarts stays at Hogwarts

“You’re all dead to me…” Sehun muttered as he sat down beside Tao in the Great Hall, ready for stuffing himself with lunch. He had been in a bad mood at breakfast but being hungry and lost (once again) after his Arithmancy class his mood was now even worse. His terrible mood could also be the result of not understanding anything in that class and for some reason being the victim of every question the professor asked the class. Sehun almost wished that it was this teacher that had the name of Clegg instead of the Defence Against the Dark Arts one.

 

“What have they done now?” Taemin asked while patting Sehun’s head in a consoling manner (or teasing, he wasn’t completely sure).

 

“They all laughed at me when I was late to DADA…” Sehun pouted “Except for Tao! Tao you’re my only real friend here!” He exclaimed and hugged Tao close with one arm while shuffling heaps of Shepherd’s pie into his mouth (“What about me?” Kris whined). Tao stared at him for a moment.

 

“You were late?” He asked. “Wait, I’m not even in your Defence Against the Dark Arts class, how should I know that you were late?” Oh, right… Tao had Divination first thing in the morning.

 

“I need new friends…” Sehun sighed and released Tao before spotting his next victim. “Jongin! Be my new best friend!” He shouted while grabbing the poor, unsuspecting boy by the wrist and dragging him down beside himself.

 

“Do I have to?” He asked while still looking mildly confused and like he was trying to figure out what had brought this kind of pressure down on him.

 

“Yes!”

 

“No you don’t.” Luhan suddenly joined the conversation and pulled Jongin up from his seat. “You should avoid people like Sehun at all costs.”

 

“Aw come on, Luhan. He can’t be that bad.” A boy Sehun hadn’t seen before said from beside Luhan. (“It’s him…” Baekhyun hissed and hid behind Kyungsoo’s arm.)

 

“But he is! Didn’t you see what he did to my hair this morning?”

 

“Maybe porridge is healthy for your hair and you should actually be thanking him right now?”

 

Sehun seriously wanted to agree with the stranger dude but he didn’t have time for it before Taemin nudged his shoulder and asked in a hushed whisper: “How did you survive that anyway? We were planning your funeral during potions.”

 

“I don’t know.” Sehun whispered back while watching Luhan gesticulating wildly to the strange dude who didn’t seem that fazed with it. “I was surprised too. I was expecting at least something but he just disappeared without even a word.”

 

“Minseok.” Kyungsoo whispered.

 

“Yeah, we definitely have Minseok to thank for that…” Baekhyun and Taemin agreed.

 

“- Personally I’m agreeing with Xing, he can’t be that bad.” Jongin said “He’s hanging out with Minnie so he can’t be completely sane but Kyungsoo hasn’t killed him yet so, as said before, he can’t be that bad.”

 

“You’re both completely bonkers! How can –“

 

“Yixing!” Someone suddenly shouted, successfully cutting of Luhan mid-shout. Running towards the three standing boys was a handsome looking fella. His hair was chestnut and looked perfectly styled even though he had been running through the entirety of the Great Hall (and maybe more of the castle, who knew). He was quite short but due to his muscular built he gave off an appearance of being taller than he was (not like Kyungsoo who you just wanted to put in your pocket and take home to cuddle all day, don’t tell him Sehun thought that). The amount of books he was carrying might have been the reason to why his arms looked the way they were and also to his great stamina (he didn’t even pant a little after his sprint and no drop off sweat could be seen on his “Prince Charming” sculpted face). Sehun also took a notice of the Prefect’s and Head Boy’s badges on his robe as well as the fact that this boy was a Ravenclaw.

 

“Please tell me you remembered to feed Finn this morning, as I haven’t had the time to sneak into the basement today.” The newcomer said and as he was speaking to the other stranger dude Sehun guessed that the latter’s name was Yixing. Yixing thought for a second before answering.

 

“I… don’t know? I know I fed Lay but Finn I seriously can’t remember…” He finally concluded. The Ravenclaw balanced his books on one arm so he could facepalm while he muttered, “What have I done to deserve this…”

 

“Oh, wait!” Yixing exclaimed suddenly scaring both Sehun and the Head Boy dude. The Ravenclaw dropped all his books on the foot of Luhan who started jumping on his good foot shouting profanities and how his perfect good looks now was destroyed as his left foot now was completely flat. Jongin patted his back, trying to calm down the elder, while everybody else ignored the foulmouthed prefect. “I did feed him!” Yixing continued with a smile and the Head Boy that Sehun still didn’t know the name of let out a sigh and you could visibly see how he relaxed after hearing that. The Head Boy bowed down to retrieve his fallen books from the floor of the Great Hall.

 

“Since I did feed Lay his marshmallows I obviously fed Finn his food in the same process.” Yixing continued confusing Sehun to the max. What kind of animal ate marshmallows?

 

“Xing… You do know that it’s not Lay that eats the marshmallows but Finn, and that’s why he’s so incredibly fat.” Jongin said tentatively. Yixing gasped loudly and looked at Jongin highly offended.

 

“Finn is not fat! It’s the fur! It’s… fluffy!” He screeched but calmed down when the Head Boy (seriously, how hard was it to introduce oneself when you stood in front of someone you don’t know? Sure he wasn’t talking to Sehun but Sehun had listened to their whole conversation and it would be easier for him to follow if he actually knew everybody’s name) put a hand on his shoulder. “But yeah, of course I know it’s not Lay, he’s a plushie for God’s sake, but I’ve been feeding him marshmallows since I got him when I was five and I can’t break that tradition.”

 

“Wait, you have a plushie?” Sehun asked incredulously making everyone turn their attention to him. “Same!” He continued. “I thought I was the only one sane here who brought their plushie with them!” He was now standing up looking at Yixing excitedly waving his arms around him looking as if this was the best thing that had ever happened to him. Hearing these words Yixing brightened up and looked at Sehun as if he was the most beautiful thing in the world.

 

“I’m judging you so hard right now…” Taemin muttered from his left. “Sit down. You’re creating a scene.” He grabbed Sehun’s sleeve and tried to drag him down upon the bench again but Sehun would have none of that.

 

“Wanna be my new best friend?” Sehun happily asked Yixing but before Yixing could answer that question Luhan quickly hugged the Hufflepuff close to himself.

 

“No! You’re not allowed to have him!” He shouted at Sehun before grabbing Jongin by his arm and began stalking towards the Ravenclaw table, dragging the two hufflepuffs with him. The Head Boy sent Sehun a small apologetic smile before walking off quickly after the others.

 

“You’re really not in Luhan’s good books.” Taemin said and this time Sehun allowed himself to be dragged down beside the other.

 

“What’s his problem?” Sehun asked but before he got an answer a beautiful girl came running towards them, skidding to a halt in front of Taemin. She was a Slytherin (if Sehun remembered correctly she was a 7th year) with long, straight, black hair. She was lean and quite tall and had a face that would make any super model jealous. Her thick eyebrows were naturally set in an angle that made her look a bit irritated which only added to her already quite intimidating appearance. Her eyes where steel grey and lined in heavy eyeliner (Sehun felt that it might be needed to add that her contouring game was on point and she really knew how to work that lipstick). Her uniform was sporting the tell-tale Head Girl’s badge so Sehun immediately placed her as Amelia Frey, Quidditch captain of the Slytherin team that was the best student in Transfigurations Hogwarts had ever seen (or so the rumours said).

 

“Hey, Taemin!” She greeted the boy who smiled back in greeting. “Drop that smile.” She immediately said. “We have a problem.”

 

“What?” Taemin asked looking worried.

 

“Jimin refuses to come back to the team, so we have no seeker as of now.”

 

“What?” Taemin asked again this time louder and more exasperated. “Why? Sure, in the last game he got chased by two bludgers and three chasers and crashed into the teachers stands and broke both his legs, but he caught the snitch and we need him! He’s the best seeker we’ve ever had!”

 

“I know.” Amelia answered, throwing her hands in the air. “But apparently he never wants to see another broomstick again, much less fly one. So we need to find us another seeker, and that quick because I want to start our practices as soon as possible. So please tell anyone you deem worthy of the spot that we have try-outs this Saturday, I need to run and tell the other’s the same, so… bye! See you on Saturday!” She finished with a wave to Taemin before running along the Slytherin table stopping a couple metres down in front of a stone-faced boy who looked like he was 200% done with everyone and everything.

 

“Damn it we’re screwed.” Taemin muttered with his face in his hands before looking up at everyone in their group. “Not anyone who wants to join the team?” He asked hopefully.

 

“Nope”

“No”

“Absolutely no”

“Hahaha no”

 

“Aw, come one guys… Please…” He tried again, pouting slightly and doing his best impression of Bambi eyes (it looked more like a dragon on drugs, but close enough). “Kyungsoo…” He said and said boy looked up at him in horror. “You’re like the perfect size of a seeker-“

 

“Look how he went around calling him ‘tiny’” Baekhyun whispered not so quietly.

 

“-and if you just tried out I will do anything for you.” Taemin continued.

 

“Anything?” Kyungsoo asked seemingly thinking about the offer. “But I haven’t flown since the mandatory flying lessons in the 1st year, I don’t even know if I can do it any longer.” He continued looking highly unsure of this.

 

“But if I remember correctly you were a natural at it and that talent can’t just have gone away.” Taemin answered and continued before Kyungsoo could retort, “Just try out, please? I don’t want to be the only one showing up without anyone who wants to try out.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed before grumpily agreeing and telling Taemin that he now owed him big time. Taemin only smiled happily at him before swiftly turning to Sehun who tried to back away but unfortunately Tao was sitting at his other side so it was quite impossible to do just that.

 

“Sehunnie~” Taemin said dragging out on the last syllable trying to sound cute. “You’re lean-“

 

“Look how he didn’t say ‘lanky’ or ‘thin’” Baekhyun whispered ever so loudly.

 

“-and you look like you could be quite lithe. Have you ever flown before?” Taemin continued, again completely ignoring Baekhyun.

 

“Yes.” Sehun answered making it sound more like a question than a statement, voice a bit higher than usual as this kind of Taemin actually scared him a little.

 

“Great! Please try out for our team!” Taemin basically launched himself on top of Sehun and Sehun agreed only to be released from the death grip Taemin had around his waist. Taemin continued with the rest of the guys but none of them agreed, Baekhyun laughing loudly in his face before grabbing Kyungsoo’s wrist and dragging him out of the Great Hall with the latter calling for Jongin who came running from the Hufflepuff table to join the two of them.

 

Taemin didn’t seem to care much (apparently he didn’t want Baekhyun on the team anyway) and he said that he should go see if maybe Kibum knew anyone that wanted to join before running towards the blonde boy currently walking hand in hand with a shorter, silver haired boy (Hufflepuff based on his tie) exiting the Great Hall. Apparently Kris had to leave to as his next class started soon and so it was just Tao and Sehun left.

 

“So, Potions starts soon so I have to leave now.” Tao said and made to leave as Sehun stood up beside him.

 

“Same. Herbology starts soon too… And, hey, those ers decided to leave without me again! How am I supposed to find my way without them?” Sehun seriously needed to find someone that could teach him how to find his way around the castle, or maybe just talk to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo and make them promise him to never leave him alone again as he had most classes together with them.

 

“I can walk you to the green houses if you want to?” Tao offered with a quite voice beside him and Sehun looked at him in wonder.

 

“Yes, thank you! Wait… Won’t that make you late to potions?”

 

“Oh, it’s okay. The professor loves me so I can afford coming a couple of minutes late. Something you can’t do.” Tao answered before starting to walk away, beckoning Sehun to follow him.

 

It was official. Tao was Sehun’s new best friend (as of now at least).

 


AN:

A 6 hour train ride is apparently the push I need to finish my chapters... Okay I didn't write for six hours because well... a lady sat down beside me and I was too embarrassed to continue to write but hey I managed to complete this any way so woop woop success!! I actually thought about continuing but then I decided that nah all that stuff will just have to happen in the next chapter instead.

Okay so I need to rant a little. So that 6 hour train ride was for me to get to Stockholm because I'm having an audition tomorrow. And everything's great and dandy, the train's not even a little late and the weather's amazing so walking to the hotel I'm staying at is nice. But then... I arrive at the hotel, and first of all it looks really suspicious so I'm happy if I survive the night (fingers crossed) but the girl in the reception is really nice. So I give her my name so I can check in only for her to say that I'm supposed to stay there in april. APRIL!!! What?? No!! I even got a confirmation mail for the 16th of mars I'm not supposed to be there in april. So I'm starting to panic a little and try to think of solutions if there's no room available for the night. I literally even thought of finding a nice bench in a park before I realised that it's still really cold during the nigth so no. Fortunately, after a couple of seconds of cold sweating from me, she says that she read it wrong and yes I'm supposed to stay there tonight (thank god). Then as I forgot my bed sheets at home I have to borrow from them (no problem only a little extra payment, at least I have a bed for the night) but then I get the key and I'm supposed to give them 100sek for it that I get back when I check out. The only problem there being that I'm a stupid person that only brought my credit card with me so I can't give her any money (I'm sorry... I should've known better...) hence I start to panic again. Will I get the key anyways? I don't know where I can take out any money, what am I supposed to do? However I can give her my ID instead. Okay problem solved, except I really don't like handing out my ID... What if they loose it? Okay I'll just have to find somewhere I can take out money so I can buy out my ID... So everything's good now right? I have the key to my room, bed sheets, everything essential, but noooooo. So as I have to leave early tomorrow morning I have to check out tonight already as the reception ain't open when I leave, the problem now only being that I'm supposed to leave the bed sheets when I check out... But I kind of want them when I sleep... So now I have to ask what I'm supposed to do and I feel really sorry for the nice girl in the reception because I'm this terrible guest that's only causing problems and I feel so bad... It feels like I'm going to be this person the staff of the hotel talks about for centuries... Well... At least I'm alive and the weather's nice :D

Rant over. If anyone actually read all that, I salute you! Now I'm off to ask the reception lady what I'm supposed to do when checking out... Wish me luck!