Meeting Kris

What happens at Hogwarts stays at Hogwarts

“- and Mr and Mrs Wu promised me that their son would help you at all times so if you have any questions whatsoever don’t hesitate to ask Kris, okay? He’s a prefect too so he’ll definitely be able to help you.”

 

Sehun let out a grunt as a response to his mother who was speed walking beside him pushing his trolley with his enormous suitcase on. The cage with his owl Squeaky attracted a few curious looks from the by passers but Sehun was too engrossed in his mobile to really care. Or listen to his mother for that matter. Sometimes it was good being born in a slightly “well-off” family. He could make his parents do most stuff for him.

 

“Okay, good we’re here. Follow me now.”

 

“Mhmm…” Sehun answered and continued to walk while looking down on his phone. Wait. Did she say that they were there? Sehun stopped and looked up. According to him they were still on platform 9- Wait, where was his mom?

 

“Mom..?” He asked looking around himself. You would think that finding a petite woman pushing a gigantic trolley carrying an owl wouldn’t be too hard but she was nowhere to be found.

 

“Mom?” He tried again. Suddenly he felt someone pulling on his trousers and he looked down to see a small boy there.

 

“Are you looking for your mom too?” The little boy asked him. “I’ve lost mine too. Maybe we can search for them together?” The boy gave him a small smile. This was kind of embarrassing, yes. Sehun was just about to answer the boy when a frantic woman ran up to them and engulfed the small boy in a hug.

 

“Kevin! You can’t run off like that!” The woman lectured “Kevin” who for some reason decided to drag Sehun into this by pointing at him.

 

“Mom, this boy has lost his mom too. Have you seen his mom?” He asked her. The mother only looked incredulously at Sehun who waved his hands frantically in front of his face.

 

“No no no. It’s all okay. No worries. Carry on with what you were doing. Don’t miss your train!” He quickly said and turned around to walk round the nearby pillar with a ticket machine to get out of their sight but to still be near where his mother had disappeared. He took up his train ticket from his pocket and looked at it. “Platform nine and three-quarters” it said. Sehun looked up and saw that he was standing in between platform nine and ten. Where the hell was this nine and three-quarters supposed to be? And there were only 12 minutes left until the train was supposed to leave. It was then that Sehun remembered his phone. His mom had told him that she had given his cousin a phone so that he could get in contact with the guy (something he hadn’t done) so he should have his number saved somewhere in there.

 

“Kris… Kris… Kris… Kris!” He mumbled to himself while looking for him in his contacts. He quickly send away a message to Kris, hoping that he knew how to use a phone. Soon his mobile vibrated with an answer.

So he got an answer to his other question too, nope, Kris did not know how to use a smartphone. He couldn’t blame him though, he was a wizard but still. It was the 21st century… you would think that even the wizard community would know how to use smartphones by now. However now Sehun would have to try to translate Kris’ message into a sentence he could understand. He went to look at the keyboard to see what letters Kris could have meant to press. Okay, so “Loft” was probably supposed to be “Just”, “go” must be correct, “youth” was harder… maybe “through”? “the” must be right too and “wann” could be “wall”. “Just go through the wall”. That makes sense. There was probably some kind of barrier in one of the pillars between the platform nine and ten. Sehun turned to walk through the pillar in front of him… Just to collide with solid stone. People were looking funnily at him now, where he was standing extremely close to a stone pillar rubbing his sore nose and tapping away on his phone.

Oh, look. That made sense, hooray! But okay, “the other one”..? Sehun turned around facing the other pillar and started walking briskly towards it. If Kris was pulling his leg right now and everyone was standing somewhere looking and laughing at him he would seriously kill him. He was nearing the pillar and was bracing himself for impact. He closed his eyes and was waiting for the collision. It would happen any minute now. Except it didn’t. When he was sure that he hadn’t collided and that he wouldn’t any time soon he opened his eyes only to see that he was standing on a platform in front of a large old school engine which sported the words ”Hogwarts Express” at the front. He was at the right place at least. Now Sehun just had to find either his mom or Kris among all these people being on the platform on their way to the train. He guessed it would be easier finding his mother seeing as he hadn’t met Kris in 13 years so he had no idea what the other guy looked like. Just when he had thought that thought he saw a tall, blonde handsome guy looking at an iPhone and looking like he had no idea what he was doing whatsoever. For all Sehun knew it could be any random guy but he decided to be brave and ask the guy so he walked up to him and awkwardly cleared his throat.

 

“Ehm… You don’t happen to be Kris?” The guy jumped and stared wide eyed at Sehun before grasping his arms and shaking him back and forth.

 

“Oh my god, please tell me you’re Sehun. My mom will have my throat if I lost him the very first day.” Apparently it was Kris. Success! Or kind of. Sehun was starting to get a bit nauseated by all the shaking going on at the moment. After prying Kris’ hands off of his biceps he took a second to collect himself before answering.

 

“Yes, I’m Sehun. But it wasn’t exactly your fault that I almost didn’t get here. It was mom who disappeared. Speaking of mom, you haven’t seen her? She has all my stuff…” There wasn’t even that many people on the platform, most students had already boarded the train by now, so why was it so hard to find his mom. She had to be here somewhere right?

 

“Oh, yeah I met her before. She told me that you didn’t have to worry about anything, she got your stuff onto the train so all you have tot do is board it yourself. And to send an owl when you arrive at Hogwarts so she knows that you’re safe and sound.” Kris looked extremely proud to have remembered everything Sehun’s mom had told him.

 

“So shouldn’t we get on then? Because it’s supposed to leave in two minutes, right?” Sehun asked the other boy. Sure he could just say that they should go, but for all he knew there might be some weird way to get on the train. Maybe you were supposed to just stand outside of it and look confused and then you would be magically transported on board.

 

“Right. Come on!” Kris grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards the nearest entrance. “Hopefully Baekhyun actually did save us spots as he promised me before, you never know with that guy…” Sehun was about to ask about this Baekhyun but then he figured that he would find out about it later on anyways. They started walking along the small corridor, trying to avoid colliding with everyone else searching for their friends, with Kris looking into every compartment they walked through in the hopes of finding the Baekhyun guy. Sehun found himself doing exactly the same by default even though he knew that if Kris for some reason missed Baekhyun Sehun could do nothing about it even if he should see him, as he knew absolutely nothing about Baekhyun’s appearance whatsoever. Not even his shoe size because that’s the first thing you notice….

 

Apparently Kris managed to find his friends as he suddenly stopped outside a compartment door (Sehun walked right into him… His poor nose… The things that had happened to it today…). The older turned around and patted Sehun’s head before he opened the door and walked in, beckoning Sehun to follow him inside.

 

“Hi guys! I brought you my baby cousin. Please be nice to him.” Kris said and four pairs of eyes peered up at Sehun curiously. 


AN:

It's kind of short yes... sorry... and it makes no sense... but yay first chapter up :D