Maps are essential

What happens at Hogwarts stays at Hogwarts

They looked frightened, cornered, like if they got separated from the group they were done for. Unfortunately that’s what was supposed to happen as the Sorting Hat on its stool had finished the song. An extremely confusing but at the same time educating song, if Sehun might add. The eleven year olds huddled closer together all hoping that they weren’t the first one to be called.

 

“Sara Adams!”

 

A small, blonde girl got pushed forward by another girl (seemingly her friend) who gave her a small encouraging smile. Sehun quite admired her for not falling up the stairs as he knew he would’ve done himself if he had been placed in the same situation. After a few seconds with the Sorting Hat on Sara was sorted into Gryffindor and the whole house cheered as she hurriedly ran towards an empty seat and sat down. Everyone quieted down again as a small boy was next in turn to get sorted and Sehun nudged Kyungsoo’s shoulder lightly to gain his attention.

 

“I’m just wondering…” He whispered and Kyungsoo nodded to show that he was listening. “the sorting is supposed to be based upon personality and stuff… Has it ever happened that a house didn’t get any first years? Or like, only one?”

 

“Hmm not that I know of.” Kyungsoo answered quietly just as the boy got sorted into Hufflepuff. “But it must’ve happened at least one year if the sorting is like that and it’s not a fake and just randomly divides us equally into the four houses.”

 

It could be, Sehun thought. If they wanted the houses to be the same size it almost had to be. Luck couldn’t always make the students the perfect selection of an equal amount of Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, Slytherins and Ravenclaws.  That just wasn’t possible.

 

“What are you two whispering about?” Kris joined them and Kyungsoo whispered back the question Sehun had previously asked.

 

“Actually I think my brother told me that the year above him had an surprisingly large group of Gryffindors and almost no Ravenclaws… But I could be wrong.” He answered after pulling a thinking face for a few seconds.

 

“Proof that Gryffindors are stupid, am I right?” Baekhyun said only to whimper in pain after getting hit by Kyungsoo.

 

“That doesn’t even make sense, idiot.” The younger of the two hissed.

 

“It may not be proof of Gryffindor’s stupidity but it’s at least proof of that the sorting is legit.” Tao quietly said while looking at a new boy who was walking up the stairs towards the hat. This boy channelled his inner Sehun and actually stumbled up the last set of stairs. Some quiet laughs could be heard around the Great Hall.

 

“He’s a Hufflepuff.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Damn, prejudice much?” Tao answered raising his eyebrows in disbelief at Baekhyun’s statement.

 

“Not because of his clumsiness. But look at him. Don’t tell me he doesn’t look like a Hufflepuff?” Everybody turned to look at the small, blushing boy who was waiting to be sorted into one of the four houses. Sehun hadn’t been there for long but he did kind of agree with Baekhyun. It probably was because he knew nothing about the four houses so he just believed everything anyone told him about them and therefore now also believed Baekhyun. “I bet he’s also going to sit there for at least 7 minutes before he gets sorted into Hufflepuff.” Baekhyun continued.

 

“Deal. I agree with the time measurement but I bet he’s going to be in Ravenclaw.” Tao answered.

 

“Gryffindor.” Kyungsoo added and the three of them shook hands.

 

After six minutes of nothingness the Hat suddenly shouted out “Gryffindor!” and Kyungsoo smirked at the two others who begrudgingly gave him money (Sehun guessed that they had a set price on all their bets as they never said anything about money and still they knew how much to pay up).

 

“Now that we’re done with that can they please hurry up, I’m hungry!” Tao whined as the fourth child this evening walked up the stairs to get sorted.

 

Eight kids later and Tao was slowly dunking his forehead onto the table. He applauded every time someone got sorted into Slytherin but he never raised his head to look at them. He just wanted food and as usual the sorting took far too long to get through.

 

After another seven kids Sehun felt like joining Tao on the table. His stomach had started growling and he was pretty sure that the last time it was loud enough for everyone in the hall to hear as Luhan had given him the stink eye just after it had happened. Or maybe Luhan just had impeccable timing…

 

Sehun didn’t even feel bad for the last one as he probably would any other time of the day. He wanted to eat and hopefully he would be after the last freaking kid finally got sorted. Couldn’t Hogwarts invest in getting more Sorting Hats or something so the whole ceremony would go by faster? Then again Sehun was pretty sure that he’d read somewhere that the Sorting Hat had been Godric Gryffindor’s hat… But didn’t he own more than one hat? Maybe he had a secret hat collection that no one knows off that they could use?

 

Being so deep in thought about hats Sehun didn’t even notice that the last kid got sorted into Ravenclaw and that the Headmistress started her speech. It was first when Kris somehow managed to place his elbow on his fork, making it fly through the air and then impale Tao’s hand that Sehun woke up from his daydreaming. The Headmistress must’ve been used to these kinds of things, as she didn’t even bat an eye even when Tao threw his shoe at Kris’ head.

 

“- and lastly I would like to remind you that the Forbidden Forest is, in fact, forbidden to enter, as it always has been-” Did her gaze linger at the Gryffindor table as she said that or was it just an illusion?

 

“- and also that the first floor girl’s lavatory is out of bounds, for students as well as anyone else, due to broken pipes.”

 

“What does she mean with ‘anyone else’? Where is Myrtle supposed to go?” Baekhyun asked while the Headmistress finished her speech. At the moment Sehun couldn’t care less about this so-called Myrtle as suddenly all the plates in front of was filled with all kinds of delicious food.

 

“It’s not like she’s always in that bathroom. She’ll probably find a nice toilet in another bathroom where she can stay this year. Don’t worry, Baek.” Kyungsoo answered as both Tao and Sehun dived to grab the biggest pork chop only to have Kris steal it from right under their noses.

 

“I wasn’t worrying!”

 

~ * ~

 

Finally he found it! After several wrong turns down in the dungeons and then somehow managing to get to the third floor without taking any stairs Sehun had finally reached the Great Hall so that he could eat his well deserved breakfast. Finding the guys wasn’t that hard this morning, as the hall wasn’t nearly as packed as yesterday, and Sehun angrily stomped over to them and threw himself down beside Taemin.

 

“I will kill you all…” He muttered while serving himself some porridge.

 

“Well good morning to you too, sunshine.” Baekhyun answered happily.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up before you guys left?”

 

“We didn’t dare to! You tried to set fire to Kyungsoo’s hair when he made an attempt and I kind of like my current hairstyle!” Taemin said and flipped his hair to emphasize his point.

 

“But still!” Sehun exclaimed. “You don’t know what I’ve been through! I’ve been walking through walls, walked into a wall –stupid false door…- arrived to a room full of trophies, walked down moving stairs and I don’t even know! Only because no one even drew me a map when they couldn’t wake me up!” And that’s the moment when Sehun learned that throwing you hands in the air in exasperation while holding a spoonful of sugar porridge isn’t the best of ideas. It seemed as if the world slowed down as Sehun saw his spoon (and porridge) fly gracefully through the air only to land perfectly on top of the head of a certain baby-pink haired, Ravenclaw prefect.

 

For the shortest of seconds Sehun looked at the disaster he’d just made before he turned around and hurriedly whispered “Act natural!” just to realize that all his friends had disappeared. Literally. He couldn’t see them anywhere. And trying to act natural by eating porridge without a spoon is harder than it sounds without other people close by to blend into.

 

He heard the tell tale clink of a spoon falling and landing on the stone floor and how someone stood up behind him. Tensing up he prepared himself for the worst. Maybe a glass of juice turned upside down over his head? Maybe a spoonful of porridge? But nothing happened. Not even a pea came flying at him. He slowly turned around terrified of the possibility to come face to face with a mad Luhan. However no one stood behind him. And Luhan was nowhere to be seen. Sehun was safe! He silently sent a thank you to whatever greater god who decided to help him in this desperate moment before grabbing the spoon Baekhyun had currently been using and continued to happily munch on his porridge.

 

~ * ~

 

Hogwarts should really consider giving out maps together with the timetables. Seeing as Sehun’s douchebag friends had decided to ditch him at breakfast he had no idea how to find his DADA classroom. According to his timetable the lesson was held in ‘Classroom 3C’, whatever that meant. He guessed that the 3 stood for which floor it’s on but how does he get there. He had counted how many stairs he’d walked up so he supposed that he actually was on the right floor now, but you never know. He could be in the dungeons for all he knew.

 

Wait… Did that door just say ‘Classroom 7A’? How did he get to the seventh floor? Or maybe the number had nothing to do about where the classroom was located? Either way Sehun stood outside the classroom he hadn’t expected to see looking confused for a few seconds before he realised that he was late as it was and that he had no time for standing still looking at pretty doors.

 

Forcing himself away from the door, and desperately hoping that he was on the right floor, Sehun continued down the corridor. Only to, a few seconds later, come face to face with a small first-year girl. He was just about to ask her for directions but she only spared him one look before scurrying away in the opposite direction. Did he really look that scary? Or did he have something on his face? He desperately needed a mirror to what was wrong with his beautiful face. Having no mirror at hand he decided to use the shiny plate on the nearest door telling what classroom it was. Considering that he was literally standing with his face 3cm from the plate it took him surprisingly long to notice that he was currently standing just outside classroom 3C.

 

“Wha..? How..?” He mumbled while confusedly looking back and forth between 3C and 7A “This place definitely need a better numbering system…”

 

Knowing he was late already he took a deep breath before entering the classroom.

 

 

 

 

 

And getting everyone and their mother to stare at him like he was some evil llama’s descendant that had arrived from hell to punish them all (he would personally kill Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who was snickering at him from the back of the classroom later on…).

 

“Mr Oh, I know that you’re new here but that’s no reason to be tardy to my class.” Professor Clegg snarled at him “Now please take a seat beside Lee over there. And I expect to see an essay on the ways to recognize and kill a vampire on my desk Friday morning. I want two rolls of parchment on the subject.

 

Sehun willed himself not to swear loudly while he hurriedly made his way over to the empty seat beside Jongin.

 

“Damn is he always that harsh?” Sehun muttered to Jongin as Clegg turned towards the blackboard and continued to go through what sounded to be this year’s curriculum.

 

“If you consider giving essays as punishments, then yes. At least he gave you an easy subject. Jongdae have to write about Inferi and we haven’t gone through them yet. I kind of feel for him… Then again it’s his own fault for being late… again…”

 

Okay, he guessed that he’d been pretty lucky. Vampires weren’t exactly the most difficult subject. He could probably get his mother to send him his old essay from when he was 13, change some words here and there and then hand it in. Easy peasy. If not he was screwed. He didn’t really remember anything about vampires except that they didn’t like garlic. But he didn’t remember what you were supposed to do with the garlic and the vampire once you had them both in an enclosed room.

 

“Hey, Jongin.” Sehun whispered and nudged Jongin on his shoulder. “Do you need to eat garlic for vampires to stay away or can you just throw it at them?”

 

Jongin stared at him for a few seconds before he literally facepalmed and shook his head.

 

“And here I thought that you were actually kind of intelligent…” He muttered and before Sehun could protest he continued “Then again, you did anger Luhan. I should’ve known… And you voluntarily hang out with Taemin so there must be something wrong with you…”

 

“I’ll have you know that I’m totally intelligent in my own may!” And there wasn’t anything wrong with Taemin was it? If anything, Sehun had deemed him to be one of the more normal people in the small group of friends he’d gathered the day before. Then again Baekhyun was in said group of friends so that didn’t say too much.


AN:

Updating already? Not after 67000 years this time? Whaaaat :O

I'm on my christmas break rn so I'll try to update my stories more regularly wheee :D let's see how that works out for me... ^^' do I have anything else to say... hmmm... 

If you haven't already, GO WATCH THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIE!!! IT'S AMAZING!!! Not like the original three (the three others we don't speak of...) but still amazing and aaaaah all the old actors :') I'm so excited I need it on dvd now!! xD

But thanks for reading!! <3