Nobody likes math anyway

What happens at Hogwarts stays at Hogwarts

“What did you say?” Luhan whispered menacingly. Everyone was slowly backing away from Sehun except for Baekhyun who took a second to whisper in Sehun’s ear “Apologize now, when you still have a chance to survive!” before he too took cover from Luhan’s wrath by pressing up against Kyungsoo who tried to push him away. Looking at everyone’s reaction Sehun deemed it safest to do as Baekhyun said. Also, Luhan looked kind of scary right now and even though he clearly was shorter than Sehun, Sehun did not doubt that Luhan could take him in a fight.

 

“Ehm, I said that you clearly are older than me and therefore have all the power to call me whatever you want..?” He said with a small voice. If Sehun had thought that that would help he thought wrong because if anything Luhan’s eyes turned even more steely and he started to slowly advance towards Sehun who basically tried to become one with the wall behind him.

 

“Why doesn’t anyone get Minseok?” Tao suddenly cried when Luhan was but one step from Sehun and Jongin immediately rose and ran out from the compartment. Sehun desperately hoped that this Minseok would come in time to save him.

 

~ * ~

 

“- and that’s why my summer was so interesting this year.” Abigail finished and Minseok smiled tiredly in answer. Good for Abigail that she found that interesting but for Minseok it had sounded like one of the most boring summers in the history of dull summers. Why he even was in this compartment in the first place he didn’t know as he couldn’t stand any of the others sitting there. Okay, he did know and now he really wished that he had said no when Abigail and her friends had asked if they could join him before any of his friends had arrived to the compartment. And he would seriously kill Jongdae next time he saw him for not saving him from this horrible train ride when he obviously had the chance to. But right now Minseok had to come up with some sneaky plan to escape the compartment and find his friends so that he wouldn’t die even before they arrived to Hogwarts. He was just about to use the bathroom excuse when the doors suddenly flew open (successfully interrupting Finn’s story about socks) and Jongin came in, panting from having run all over the train.

 

“Minseok!” He shouted even if they only were three steps away from each other. “We have a problem and you need to come!”

 

Minseok sighed and stood up from his seat, secretly happy about getting a reason to leave. “What has Luhan done now?” He asked Jongin who took off running again with Minseok close behind him. Jongin turned around and ran backwards a few steps, narrowly dodging a tiny kid with a frog on her shoulder.

 

“You don’t wanna know…” He turned to run forwards again.

 

“Yeah, probably not…” He sighed. Luhan had probably done something really stupid… again… And Minseok would have to stop him before he had to turn in his prefect badge for good. Why they made the other boy a prefect in the first place Minseok didn’t know. Then again Luhan never caused problem when there were teachers present, or almost never at least, so they might still think that he’s the angel he looks like. But where the hell was Jongin leading him? It felt like they had been running for forever, was Luhan causing problem in the other end of the train, or what? Just when he was about to ask Jongin stopped and Minseok came crashing into him, sending them both to the floor. He decided to stay down for a second to catch his breath, Luhan would just have to survive without him a bit longer, he was far too tired and Jongin was far too soft for him to stand up directly. However it didn’t seem like Jongin thought their position to be too good.

 

“Get off me! I’m not the floor you know!” He said while trying to push Minseok off himself.

 

“I know. Do you think I would just lie down on the disgusting train floor? That would just be gross.”

 

“So you think it’s okay to lie down on me?” Jongin shrieked. “Get off, get off, get off!”

 

“Fine, okay, take it easy…” Minseok pushed himself off the ground and Jongin maybe putting a bit of extra weight on Jongin’s stomach in the process. Beside him Jongin stood up as well, brushing off a bit of dirt.

 

Minseok pointed at the closed doors in front of them. “I’m guessing Luhan’s inside of these?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, and we should probably hurry before it’s too late.” Jongin answered and Minseok took that as his cue to open the doors.

 

The sight he came to face was almost comical. Inside the small compartment were seven people who were all busy with something. Luhan was holding Sehun pressed against the wall by his collar but was unable to do anything more as Kris, Tao and Taemin were all holding him back. Kris tried to drag Luhan away by his shoulders, Tao tried to pry his left arm away from Sehun and Taemin were simply hanging onto his right leg. Baekhyun and D.O were keeping to the side-lines, Baekhyun by choice and D.O because he had no choice as Baekhyun was sitting in his lap more like pressing him up against the window.

 

Minseok sighed and walked forward to place a hand against Luhan’s nape. “Luhan… Why are we killing sixth-years today?” (“How does he know how old I am?” “He has a talent”) At the sound of Minseok Luhan immediately dropped his hands. Tao, Kris and Sehun all slumped down onto the seats again, Taemin continued to happily hang onto Luhan’s leg. Turning around, Luhan looked up at Minseok with puppy eyes (how he managed to look up at Minseok was a mystery considering that Luhan actually was taller than the other).

 

“He said that I looked like a 15-year old, Minnie” Luhan pouted and Minseok collected him into a hug.

 

“I’m sure he meant that as a compliment, meaning that you look like a young 17-year old not that you actually look like you’re 15”

 

“Pfft, yeah right…” Sehun grumbled, rubbing his neck and trying to smooth out his collar. Minseok shot a glare towards him and he visibly gulped. “I mean, yeah of course I did. I could totally see that you’re actually older than me.” He added quickly.

 

“You better…” Luhan said and glared slightly at Sehun. “I’ve got my eyes on you.” He added before grabbing Minseok’s wrist and started dragging him out of the compartment. “Come on, Jongin! We need to get changed before we arrive!” He shouted almost being out of the door already. Jongin, who was busy trying to pry of Baekhyun from D.O turned to look at the door, then back at his two friends, then back at the door. He dropped his hands from Baekhyun’s arms and stood up, brushing off dust from his pants.

 

“I need to go so I suggest one of you-“ he pointed at everyone else in the compartment “-saves Soo before he’s squished to death.”

 

“Please…” Kyungsoo wheezed out and Taemin jumped to his feet to save the smaller boy from suffocation.

 

~ * ~

 

After having managed to pry Baekhyun away from Kyungsoo (a task much harder than you would think seeing as Baekhyun only hung onto him just for being annoying) they all got changed into their robes. When Sehun finished he turned around to see the rest of them either tying their own ties or one of the other’s (more specifically, everyone was tying their own ties while Kyungsoo was tying Baekhyun’s a bit too tight just to get back at the other).

 

“Wait, you all have ties? The list didn’t say that I had to buy a tie! Am I going to be the only kid on Hogwarts who doesn’t have a fancy green and silver tie?” He asked, feeling dread taking over him. He did by no means want to stand out even more than he already would.

 

“No you won’t. You’ll most probably get your own tie after you’ve been sorted into a house.” Baekhyun coughed out while trying to loosen the knot at the same time as Kyungsoo was trying to tighten it even more.

 

“And you’ll most definitely not be the only one without one of these-“ Kris added, holding up his tie “- as everyone has a tie in their house’s colour.”

 

“But hopefully you’ll get into Slytherin so you can match us!” Taemin continued with a smile.

 

“So Hogwarts just gives away ties to all new students? What do you do when you graduate? Do you have to give them back or do they make new ones every year?” Sehun asked, nervously the top button of his shirt. Even if he’d next to never had ever worn a tie or bowtie he felt strangely now, being the only one without one. At Sehun’s question the struggle beside him suddenly stilled and Kyungsoo looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“I’ve never thought about that.” Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun decided to use his distraction to slap away the other’s hands from his tie and loosen it. “Kris, you have a brother that has graduated from Hogwarts. Does he still have his tie?” He continued.

 

Kris looked up from where he was just tucking his tie down his jumper. He straightened out the invisible wrinkles and flipped his fringe out of his eyes before he answered (it might be worth to mention that it was a fabulous hairflip). “I don’t know. He moved out right after graduation and I meet him like once a year and then we mostly don’t talk about ties.” He said and sat down in his seat again.

 

Or at all, Sehun wanted to say but he kept his mouth shut. Sehun hadn’t met Kris’ brother many times but he still knew about their cold relationship. In reality Sehun didn’t think that Jasper had anything against Kris and the few times Sehun had met him the elder seemed almost desperate to mend their relationship. Something that Kris either didn’t see or didn’t want, Sehun didn’t know Kris enough to know which one it was. He also didn’t know why their relationship was as it was, and when he was younger he hadn’t really cared, but right now he was kind of curious.

 

“Can’t you send him an owl or something?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“I rather not. Doesn’t Krystal have an older sister? Can’t you bother her about this instead of me?”

 

“True but Krystal’s too inferior to me. I can’t bother her.”

 

“But you can bother me, is that what you’re saying?”

 

“Yes, obviously.” Baekhyun shrugged like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“Why do I even…”

 

“Hey, look! Is that it?” Sehun shouted from his place by the window. When everybody was changing their clothes he had managed to steal Tao’s seat in the hopes of the handsome boy sitting down next to him. His mission failed as Kris did and Tao sat down next to him instead… But he was sure he was seeing the silhouette of a castle right now and that could only mean that they were basically there.

 

Baekhyun immediately threw himself over Kyungsoo to look out the window himself and smiled widely when he saw the huge castle. “Yes it is!”

 

“We’re finally home.” Taemin happily sighed.

 

~ * ~

 

The Great Hall was massive, as you would’ve expected from its name, and, Sehun had to admit, really beautiful. Although now was not the time to awe over the floating candles and the pretty ceiling. Now was the time to find the small amount of people he could call friends. He did not want to sit alone and eat and neither did he want to stand for too long in the entrance to the hall, afraid of everyone else sitting down and being the only one left and therefore the centre of attention. He guessed that the best way to start was to figure out which table they sat at. Being told before that Hogwarts consisted of four houses and the Great Hall had four tables (plus the staff table) he guessed that each house had their own table as well. Kris had said something about house colours so he started looking at people’s ties, starting at the table furthest to the right. Red… Nope. Yellow… No. Blue… Of course it had to be the last table he looked at. But at least Sehun now had fewer people to search through. He hoped that they had decided to sit together seeing as it would be easier finding a bunch of Asian kids sitting together, especially since some of them sported unnatural hair colours, than if they had decided to split up.

 

He stood at the end of the Slytherin table, squinting while staring over the students sitting there probably scaring the young girls sitting right in front of him, hoping to find his friends when someone suddenly grasped his wrist k-drama style. He squealed and turned around only to find Kyungsoo standing there looking up at him with wide eyes.

 

“Why don’t you just come over and sit with us? Baekhyun’s been waving at you like crazy the past minute.” He said and started walking down the table. Sehun followed and looked in the direction they were walking only to see Baekhyun standing on top of the bench waving them over. How he could’ve missed that was plain and simply weird.

 

“You sure took your time.” Baekhyun said while he reached around Kyungsoo to hit Sehun’s shoulder. “But I see you managed to get sorted into the right house, eh, and you didn’t even have to do it in front of the whole school.”

 

“Yeah,” Sehun answered and slightly touched his tie that hung around his neck still untied. He was feeling a bit unnerved about the way Tao was staring at him. “Some teacher took me to the Headmaster’s office so I could get sorted before the first years.” He continued and looked around a bit, trying to avoid Tao’s gaze. “Where’s Taemin though?”

 

Kris, who had noticed how nervous Sehun was getting, flicked Tao’s head. “He’s down there with Kibum.” He answered and pointed down the table where Taemin was talking excitedly with a blond boy. Tao who had seemingly gotten out of his daze just looked at Kris in confusion.

 

“You were scaring the kid.” Was the explanation he got from Kris.

 

“I got a question about the timetable though…” Sehun said and took up said timetable, while trying not to move too much as Kyungsoo was currently tying his tie.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked and snatched it away from Sehun to get a look on it. “I don’t see anything weird here except that you’ve chosen both Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. Like isn’t one of them boring enough?” (“Then why have you chosen to continue with herbology?” Kyungsoo muttered)

 

“No, it’s not that.” Sehun answered. “It’s just… where are the normal subjects?” He was met with blank stares from everybody. “Like math? English? Chemistry?”

 

Everyone was silent for two seconds before Baekhyun started laughing and even Kyungsoo snickered quietly beside him Kris and Tao just shook their heads like they thought Sehun was a very stupid child that didn’t understand anything about the world.

 

“Are you saying you had to take those courses at your old school?” Baekhyun wheezed out between laughing.

 

“Yeah. You don’t?”

 

“Not after you’ve turned 11 and enrols at Hogwarts no.” He laughed.

 

“What?” Sehun shrieked. “That’s so unfair! I’ve had to do math for five years while you’ve done none?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“So wizards in England don’t know math above the level of what an 11 year old knows?” He continued, voice much calmer. Baekhyun’s laughter died.

 

“Don’t you dare” He whispered.

 

“If 4x+2y=8 and 3x-y=1, what are x and y?”

 

At least he’d given them an easy one.

 


AN:

After 50 000 years I'm back!! Sorry... especially considering that this chapter has been done since forever... The plot hasn't really started yet oops but it will sooner or later. Hopefully sooner than later...

Oh right! I'm supposed to dedicate this chapter (and the next chapter in Suppressed, shameless advertising) to one of my bestest friends! I don't remember why but it probably was to get even because I had done something stupid.... But I'm dedicating this to her to make her happy!! :D be happy~

I'll most probably update the next chapter quite soon, but you never know with me, so see you then~ :3