Two.

A blessing in disguise, you could say (Discontinued)

 

Hyukjae felt his patience already wearing thin. “Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae.” He corrected, picking up the two suitcases with ease. “Sir to the likes of you.”

Donghae was too shocked to notice the scorn in the elder’s words. Every time Sora had mentioned her brother, he’d imaged a forty-six year old man, with a beard and a beer-belly. She spoke of him like he was a disgusting pig – and the man before him was freaking handsome. Not that Donghae thought so, tsk.

“Oi, sleeping beauty, let’s get a move on it. I’ve got work to get back to.” 

The teenager snapped out of his thoughts, frowning when he saw the elder walking forward with his two bags. Shoving his manhwa into the pocket of his baggy pants, he purposely slammed his shoulder into the taller male - regretting it the next moment when he felt a sharp pain run through his own shoulder. 

The elder chuckled a mocking kind of chuckle, the one that made Donghae realize that handsome or not, young or not, the cop was still the same man Sora had always described. Cold and y. 

"You're moronic and weak. Quite a combination." 

Donghae entered the car with a scowl, promising himself he'd stick some urine in the jerk's toothpaste once they arrived to his home. 

 

"This is a home?" Donghae asked, flabberghasted. The otherwise decent sized home had not more than a model apartment. It lacked the proof that anyone was really even living there. No clocks. No pictures. Even the television looked like it hadn't been touched - or dusted, gee - in years. The teenager's mood just dropped lower. 

"There's heating, a kitchen, and a roof. Don't tell me you are blind on top of all your other negative qualities too." 

Donghae decided he'd had enough. He wasn't some wussy little kid this could push around. Grinding his teeth, he turned apruptly to stare at the cop in his eyes with furious ones of his own. 

"Look here old man, I'm done taking your insults." 

If Hyukjae was bothered by the term 'old-man' he didn't show it. He ignored it, walking over to a room with a plain wooden door in the back of the home. He opened it, revealing a small bed and a dresser and nothing else. There was another door, an attaching bathroom. 

“This will be your room. Use it well.”

Donghae’s eye twitched. So the jerk was going to ignore his words, huh? Two could play at that game.

“How old are you? Aren’t you too young to be a Chief Officer, or something?”

Hyukjae frowned. He didn’t like being asked personal questions.

”There’s a few ground rules around here, kid - ”

“How come you didn’t attend the wedding? You’re noona’s little brother, aren’t you?”

Hyukjae let out a snarl. “I don’t like being interrupted, punk.” The cop could only sigh, already knowing it was going to be a long year and a half.

The teenager only smirked, knowing full well the affect it had on the cop by his deep frown and fuming coal eyes. “I don’t like holding the things I think in. So do yourself a favor and start liking being interrupted.”

Hyukjae clenched his fist, having had ing enough. Only, he never did get to explode, for, the next moment the shameless teenager had already claimed his new room. He’d shut the door in the cop’s face.

 

 

Hae was once again reading his manhwa. The scenes weren’t really turning him on today – especially considering the fact that he was in a bed that was stiffer than his floor back home in a home that was colder than the owner’s eyes.

He already knew he’d hate it here.

“Oi, come out and have dinner. Your brother’s on the phone.” The same irritating owner barked, banging harshly on his door.

Donghae threw his book at the door in frustration. “Stop ing banging on the door like I’m a prisoner being awakened for morning rounds! I’m coming, gosh!”

 

“Please understand my decision, Haehae.”

Donghae just rolled his eyes for the nth time at his brother’s empty words. “Donghwa go yourself, okay. I’m hanging up if you have nothing substancial to say.”

From the living room, Hyukjae gave the teen a look. Hae caught it, only scowling before he turned the other way, facing his back towards the nosy cop.

“Hae-ah, don’t curse like that. This is why I’ve sent you there. You’ve been riding on the wrong path.”

“Okay, I’m just going to hang up.” Hae sighed, only earning a cry of ‘no wait!’ from his hyung. “What, Donghwa,” he barked.

His meek brother on the other line could only whimper, mumbling a sincere “I love you, dongsaeng,” before quietly hanging up.

Donghae felt a slight pull in his chest, biting his lip. He kept the phone to his ear for a moment, even though he knew full well that his brother had hung up. Still, he wondered if Donghwa had stayed on the line longer, would he have returned the ‘I love you’.

Deciding with a no, probably not, Hae placed the cord phone down with a sigh. He turned around, to walk back to his room when his head met with a hard chest. He cried out.

“You think you’re so big huh, even letting your kind brother down like that.” It was the annoying cop, Donghae figured, rubbing his head as he stepped away from the man’s broad chest.

“Don’t speak like you know us.” He just retorted, wanting to step around the cop. Of course, Hyukjae just pulled him back like a ragdoll, holding him in place with his iron grip.

“Don’t speak like we’re the same age, punk.”

Hae scoffed. “I’m never speaking formally to the likes of you.”

Hyukjae smirked, and it kind of scared Donghae. But of course, he hid it behind his overly raised chin and scowl.

“Really, now? Then I’m confiscating your books. After all, I am your guardian.”

Donghae just blinked, watching dumbfounded as the cop calmly walked over to his room, picked up the two manhwas he’d brought and walked back out.

“Your uniform’s in the bathroom. Be sure to be up and ready by 7:20. The public bus will take you – of course, you’ll have to find it yourself. I mean, why would the likes of me help you,” Hyukjae slyly asked, the mock in his eyes, his walk, his talk, making Donghae want to strangle him right then and there. Of course, Donghae never did get the chance that night, for, the cop walked out on him. The door was slammed in his face.

Talk about deja-vu. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Man, I can't wait for Hyukjae to straighten Donghae's rotten out - and in the process, fall for it too. xD (Thanks for everyone's comments!)