Five.

A blessing in disguise, you could say (Discontinued)

Double update! 

"Really though, how did we end up with such a cute friend?" Minho compained jokingly, earning chuckles from Leeteuk and Changmin. Even big bad Kangin chuckled, for, he'd grown soft towards their new friend. 

Hae blushed in indignance. "Yah I'm a big and bad criminal back in Goyang! I used to cut school and smoke cigars in the back lot, okay!" 

Changmin laughed. "Aigoo, how cute he thinks he'd bad because he smoked a couple tobacco sticks." 

Minho snorted. "If only you knew the things we have done." 

The four elder boys laughed, making Donghae slightly nervous thinking about what exactly they had done. Thankfully - or really, in his case, not so thankfully - the doorbell rung, pulling him out of his thoughts. 

Changmin rose from the rich ivory cough. "Talk about pretty things like my pretty Donghae-ah until I'm back." 

Leeteuk just scoffed. "Is he only yours, punk?" 

Changmin didn't hear, he'd pulled on his white slippers and gone to open the door. Without even checking whom, he flung the front door open - only to pale. 

"Officer Lee and Officer Cho." The man at the door spoke professionally. "Are you Shim Changmin?" 

Changmin nodded. "Yes. How can I help you, Officers?" 

Hyukjae took off his tinted sunglasses, pushing the door open rudely. "If you don't mind, we'd like to ask you a few questions."

Changmin pushed back on the door with the same force. "I have some company over right now so -" 

"That's good, we'd like to speak with them as well." Kyuhyun cut him off. He may be a softie but in line of work, he didn't play around. 

Changmin finally gave up, opening the door open. The two officers wasted no time in entering the house, not even bothering to remove their dirty combat boots. 

"Take a seat. I'll call out my friends." Changmin spoke. 

Hyukjae nodded. Just before Changmin began walking though, he let out a "Don't think about escaping through the back window, Shim Changmin. Or else I'll be sure to hunt you down with violence next time." 

Changmin just clenched his fist and walked upstairs. 

 

"What's going on?" Leeteuk asked, sensing Changmin's deep frown instantly. 

Changmin hollowed his cheeks. "There's two police officers downstairs." 

Kangin and Minho tensed immediately. Even Donghae's stomach dropped - albeit for a completely different reason than the other two. Leeteuk released a deep sigh. 

"Shim Changmin -" Leeteuk began.

Changmin growled. "I don't need an 'I-told-you-so' right now, hyung." 

"Knock it off, you two." Kangin intersected. "For now, let's all go downstairs, okay." 

The trio nodded. Then Changmin took a look at Donghae, who looked lost, and bit his lip. 

"Donghae, you leave through the window. I will see you tomorrow." 

Donghae blinked. "Huh?" 

 

Hyukjae eyed the four boys coming downstairs. They looked like typical rich kids - pretty, tall, well dressed. 

"Officer Lee." He introduced once again. Kyuhyun did the same. 

Leeteuk was the first to bow. "Park Jungsoo." 

Minho and Kangin followed his lead. Only Changmin refused to bow and held a challenging glance with the officers. 

"Take a seat, boys." Hyukjae spoke. 

The four boys did. Kyuhyun took notice of the blonde's constant gulping. The buff one kept avoiding eye contact. Even Changmin, who seemed ever-so-arrogant, kept twiddling his fingers. 

"Do you know why we are here?" Kyuhyun asked. 

Leeteuk opened his mouth. "Sir -" Only, he never did finish. The next moment, a loud crashing loud echoed through the large home. Hyukjae shot up instantly, hands going for his gun. In the speed of lightening, he'd took off - and cussed - for the source of the sound outside the home. 

The four friends paled. The crash, it could only be one thing. 

Donghae. 

Hyukjae ran straight to the side of the house. Nine years in the force and his ears had become like a dog's. He could not only identify criminals but also smell and hear them very well. Ever since the boys had come downstairs, he had been aware of the dull sounds in the rooms above. 

"Come out right now." He spoke loudly, hands still on his gun. He hadn't pulled it out yet, knowing he was dealing with high-schoolers and he could defend himself with bare hands easily. Still, the gun was a form of scaring high-schoolers off. 

He kept running, all the way until he saw a body plopped on the floor, howling in pain. The boy's face was covered with brown moppy hair as he cried out in agony. Hyukjae analyzed the scene, looking up to see an open window. The boy had jumped out, trying to escape, and ended up probably breaking his leg. The cop scoffed - stupid kid. 

"Put your hands in the air, student." He bellowed, walking closer and closer. 

Donghae in return just cowered closer to the ground in fear of being recognized. He cursed his damned luck well inside his head. First he'd been caught up in some shenanigan he had no part in, he'd jumped out a window and his leg was killing him and now the one cop who'd come had to be Lee Hyukjae? 

" my life," Hae mumbled out loud by accident. 

Hyukjae heard it and laughed sadistically. "Oh your life's ed alright, student. Now put your hands up or I'll be forced to manhandle you." 

Donghae made a face. You've been ing manhandling me since we've met, you jerk. 

Hyukjae counted to a minute, like always. He gave criminals one minute, sixty seconds, to redeem themselves and hand themselves over. That way, he didn't have to get his hands dirty and they didn't have to lose their pride. After a minute though, none of those things mattered to him anymore. 

"I gave you a chance." He simply said, leaning down to roughly pull the boy up. Donghae only howled louder in pain, throwing his head back - and exposing himself in the process - as his injured foot made contact with the ground. 

Hyukjae did a double take. At first glance, his mind just waved the face off. Only after it fully sunk in did he understand the situation. 

"L-Lee Donghae." He spoke, sounding flabberghasted for the first time since the duo had met. 

Donghae paled. 

 

Kyuhyun heard the screams and almost felt bad for whoever the fifth member of this 'gang' - or so he'd labeled already - was. He glanced at the four in front of him. Everyone seemed upset about the screams but the tallest member - Shim Changmin, was it - seemed the most effected, what with his trembling foot and clenched jaw. 

"Oi Shim Changmin, if you're so worried about your friend why don't you just confess already? That way we can all go on our way. We'll even take him to the hospital on the way to Juvenile Detention, worry not." 

Changmin threw a death glare the officer's way. "I'm not confessing to anything because I didn't do anything. . Why are you cops so abusive?" This earned him a disapproving glance from Leeteuk who mouthed shut the up right now Changmin

Kyuhyun just laughed in mock. "Wah, you cursed at a cop. You're such a badass." 

"At least I don't pretend to be good when in reality I just want to take advantage of the law," Changmin spat in retort. The mischevious light from Kyuhyun's eyes vanished. He leaned down to eye level, a tight frown on his face. 

"You'd better shut your mouth kid or I think I really will have to take advantage of my position." 

Before Changmin could spout out another retort, Hyukjae returned. His almond eyes that were usually cold were fuming with fire. It threw Kyuhyun off. 

"Pack up, Kyuhyun. For today." Turning back to the kids, he barked, "I'm not letting you off the hook. I'm saying I'll come back next time, punks, so you better be aware." 

Kyuhyun frowned but didn't go against the orders. Taking back his black file, he turned towards the door. Before he could leave though, Changmin grabbed his black windbreaker. 

"Hands. Off." Kyuhyun spoke lowly. 

Changmin scowled. "I don't want to touch the likes of you anyways." 

"That's good." Kyuhyun answered, once again turning away. Once again, Changmin's hands pulled him back by his clothing. Hyukjae eyed the scene with impatience. 

"What is it?" Kyuhyun hissed. 

"Donghae. Where's Donghae?"

From the doorway, Hyukjae's fiery eyes just exploded even more. Quietly but dangerously, he answered, "He's coming with me." 

The four friends just stood flabberghasted as the two cops took their leaves just as fast as they'd came. 

 

Kyuhyun could sense the thickness of the tension in the car easily. He eyed the kid in the backseat and cocked a brow. That sure was a pretty boy there. 

"Why are we taking him? For trying to escape?" He asked Hyukjae. Normally they couldn't even arrest an adult who had tried to escape when they had no proof - and this was a student too, after all. 

Hyukjae just shook his head. 

"We're going to get him treated? Why didn't you just call for an ambulance?" 

Hyukjae kept quiet, taking a turn. 

"Uh, boss, I think you're going the wrong way." 

"You don't live in Daechi?" 

Kyuhyun blinked. "I do." 

"Then we are going the right way." 

In the backseat, Donghae just watched the scene with a scowl. Even to his coworkers, a jerk is a jerk. Quietly he let out a low moan as he tried to move his leg. The pain had only doubled rather than dulled. 

 

"Move to the front seat." Hyukjae commanded once Kyuhyun had thanked him for the ride and got out. Donghae widened his eyes in disbelief. 

"I can't even move right now and you want me to climb out and sit in the front seat?" He asked, flabberghasted. 

Hyukjae's scary eyes met him through the backview mirror and Donghae just crouched down further in his seat. 

"You won't do it? Fine. That only means doubling your punishment." 

"But I didn't even do -" 

" - If you really say I didn't even do anything I swear to god I will you up this very moment." 

Donghae just bit his lip. 

 

"Heonwoo Hospital. You have arrived at your destination." The navigator chimed cheerfully despite the tense air in the car. 

Donghae meekly opened the car door, about to step his good foot down when Hyukjae tsked. 

"You said you couldn't get out before. Now you can walk fine?" 

Hae didn't even know what to say for the elder not to be angry anymore. Truthfully he didn't know why he was angry anyways - he'd only cut school. 

"Don't blankly stare at me like an idiot and put your hands around my neck." Hyukjae barked. 

Donghae gulped, quickly obeyeing. He cried out a little as Hyukjae, as gently as a naturally rough man possibly could, lifted him up and wrapped his good leg around his waist. 

"Stay still. We're going to get you treated." Hyukjae said into Hae's ear and Donghae recognized how it was the first time the man wasn't barking or being sarcastic. 

Donghae felt him walk into the hospital building, the door closing behind him. Three nurses ran to him, making Donghae frown. Was he really that injured? 

"Oi, Officer Lee. How are you doing?" "Have you been well, Officer Lee?" "Are you sick anywhere, Officer Lee?" 

Donghae's right eye twitched. Officer Lee, Officer Lee, Officer Lee. Do you not see a sick patient right here, es? 

Hyukjae smiled professionally. "I have a patient in need of urgent care. By the looks of it, I think he's sprained his ankle by falling from a ten foot fall - from a window if I must add." 

The nurses let out a disbeleving 'ehh'. It made Donghae want to punch them. 

"Fell from a window, huh. How clumsy." The main nurse remarked, bringing over a wheelchair. Hyukjae set him down carefully, trying to get back up. Only, Donghae's hands didn't let go of the hold around his neck - whether it be purposeful or not - and he ended up coming right back down. The pull brought Hyukjae's face much closer in proximity to the teen's than before. 

It made Donghae's heart race. He bit down on his bottom lip. 

"Oi, sleeping beauty." Hyukjae spoke, softly smaking him on the forehead. "I'm not your prince. Better let me go." 

Donghae blushed deeply, instantly unhooking his arms. The nurses giggled at the officer's cutesy interaction with the kid. Hae heard their cooes and scowled. The nurse in charge of him grabbed on to the handle, ready to wheel him away to treatment. Only, Hyukjae breifly stopped her, making sure to lean down and whisper one last thing into Donghae's ear. 

"Once you're all treated, don't think I've forgotten about your punishment, Lee. Just wait 'till we're home." Smiling fakely at the nurse, he straightened up and waved. "I'll be waiting right here, Donghae-ah!" 

____________________________________________________________

Please take the poll below! (For EunHae I don't even need to ask keke)