Three

A blessing in disguise, you could say (Discontinued)

Donghae was thoroughly lost, not that he'd ever admit to that. 

"Okay so I took a left turn." He mumbled to himself, biting his pink lips. "I should have taken a right, I guess. So if I go back and take the right, I would see the bus stop. Right?" 

"Wrong." 

Hae jumped. He turned, only to see a boy wearing the same uniform as him. The boy was much taller than him, with silky brown hair and a handsome face. 

"Even if you do go back and take the right, you'd have to walk another two minutes down before taking another right and then you would see the bus stop," the boy corrected, smiling a charming smile. When Hae didn't respond, he offered a friendly handshake. "Shim Changmin." 

Donghae felt uneasy taking the handshake, especially since the boy looked like such a goody two shoes. Still, he figured, he'd need a friend in school one way or another. 

"Donghae." 

Changmin grabbed him by the shoulder suddenly, surprising Donghae who tensed. 

"I'll take you in my car, Donghae-ah. Don't worry." 

At first, Donghae felt like breaking out his grasp - Lee Donghae was dragged around by no one, k - but when his eyes fell onto the boy's hot Mustang, he let himself melt. 

"Nice car." 

Changmin grinned, opening the passenger door for the smaller boy. "Much thanks." 

 

 

 

Hyukjae felt an incoming headache already. He'd woken up extra early just to avoid the moronic child in his home, just to get on his nerves and make sure he got to school late. Sure, the thought made him snicker but his habitual eight-year sleep pattern was crying. 

 

"Sir, you're early." 

Hyukjae's mood dropped. "Cho." 

The rookie cop - namely Cho Kyuhyun - just grinned slyly, his ever-present smirk laced into it. Cho Kyuhyun was Hyukjae's apprentice in a sense, and boy did the elder hate his guts. Kyuhyun was loud, obnoxious, corny and did I mention loud - all of the things that ticked Hyukjae off. 

"Well, now that you are here on time for once," Kyuhyun began, earning him a death glare from his boss. Though of course, his oblivious just ignored it. "I'll just give you the new files now. We're dealing with high-school gangs. The usual, drug dealing." 

Hyukjae scowled. O' how he hated high-schoolers. 

"Leave them here and get lost." 

Kyuhyun pouted mockingly, even going as far as to let out a few whimpers as he closed the office door. Hyukjae wanted to stab him. 

 

 

 

"A transfer in the middle of the year," Changmin remarked. "Rare." 

Donghae looked out the window, not wanting to show the embarrassment in his eyes. "Yeah, it just so happened that way." 

Changmin didn't ask further, turning into the grand school. Donghae inwardly scoffed. Did Donghwa think sending him to a rich-people school would straighten him out in fear? 

"You don't like it?" Changmin asked, having seen the sour look on the new boy's face. "The school, I mean." 

Donghae shook his head, plastering a small smile on. "It's pretty. Looks rich." 

Changmin chuckled. "You got the 'rich' correct. Korea's elites attend this school, and then some." 

Donghae hoisted himself from the car, feeling small in comparision to the huge campus. Changmin locked the car, coming up behind Donghae. Hae tensed when he felt a hand slipping around his waist, pulling him towards the main building. 

"Yah, what're you doing?" 

Changmin just grinned. "Friends don't mind skinship, Donghae-ah." 

Donghae could only awkwardly smile.

 

 

 

Hyukjae thoroughly examined the evidence gathered, the suspects and the school. Of course, it had to be Gangnam High. The cop scowled, trying to remain professional. Still, it irked him knowing that the kid gone bad he was supposed to fix was going into a school full of drugs.

"Great going, Donghwa." Hyukjae muttered, running a hand through his hair in annoyance.

 

 

"Meet my friends." Changmin introduced, leading Donghae to three other good looking boys. There was a buff brunette who merely grunted at him with a simple "I'm Kangin". Then there was a tall, lean boy, with dirty blonde hair who gave him a million dollar smile - "Minho". Lastly there was charming blonde who gave off a mature feel. He held out a hand, saying "I'm Leeteuk nice to meet you." 

"Hey, I'm Donghae." The smallest said, only noticing how short in comparison to the other four he was.

The blonde, Leeteuk was it, just grinned. "Take a seat. Dr. Choi's making yet another announcement."

"Dr. Choi?"

"Our beloved principal," Changmin explained, sarcasm dripping from his words as a chubby man with thick-rimmed glasses took the stage with his squeaky prepubescent-like voice.

Donghae only groaned, evoking an agreeing chuckle from the other four boys, as he took a seat.

 

 

 

* * *

 

Donghae arrived home around nine-twenty, almost six hour since lessons had ended. Perhaps that was why the first thing he was greeted with was two pairs of ice cold eyes.

"What time is it right now?"

Donghae scoffed. "Check the clock, don't ask me." He tried to get around the stiff cop, only to be slammed back against the closed front door.

"I asked what time is it, Lee Donghae."

The teenager's own eyes were becoming fiery red in comparison to Hyukjae's icy ones.

"And I'm saying I don't ing know." Hae spat, jerking out of the elder's grasp. "Now if you'll excuse me -" Hae spoke, once again trying to escape from the cage the elder had thrown upon him. Once again, he felt himself being slammed against the door - this time harder than before.

"What's your problem?" Donghae cried, wincing.

Hyukjae leaned in, his hot breath falling onto the younger's face. It smelled of mint and a little bit of coffee.

"My problem is that a stupid punk like you thinks he's going to come into my life and mess it around when in reality, it's you I'm going to mess up - and for the better."

Donghae glared. "Do you really think I'll listen to an old hag like you when I didn’t even listen to my own brother?"

Hyukjae smirked coldly and it kind of made a shiver run down Donghae's spine.

"For your own good, I think you ought to listen to me."

Donghae held up his chin, albeit the nervousness in his brown eyes. "And if I don't?"

"Let's just hope you do, alright baby." Hyukjae whispered into his ear, sending chills up and down the teen's body. 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Boy, am I excited for Changmin's character in this. Hint: ChangKyu.