Four.

A blessing in disguise, you could say (Discontinued)

Donghae felt restless. 

He rolled onto his back, then his side, then his stomach. Still, sleep refused to come to him. 

Perhaps it was because every time he did close his eyes, awaiting a restful slumber, all he saw was Hyukjae's smirk. Let's just hope you do, alright baby. 

"Aish." Hae cursed softly, once again switching positions. He buried his face into a pillow, wanting nothing but to rid himself of the image imbedded into his mind. He shook his head like a madman, desperate to just forget the simple words of the cop that left such a deep feeling on him. 

In the midst of his madness, a low growl echoed through the dark bedroom. The sound came from none other than the teen's stomach, who cursed loudly again in response. 

Not even bothering to pull on a shirt over the tight boxers he had on, Donghae just slipped on some slippers and walked out of his bedroom and into the kitchen. 

Sure, he had no idea how to cook. But that didn't change the fact that he was hungry. 

 

Hyukjae had always been a light sleeper. (Then again, spend nine years in the police force, sleeping on cold railways to cardboard boxes and a man ought to become a light sleeper, no?) So when he heard the first loud "ing ", his eyes fluttered open. Then he heard the sound of an obnoxiously rough door opening and frowned. Next followed the loud banging of pots and pans - a little more cursing - and he decided enough was ing enough. 

 

Donghae in the midst of deciding whether to boil the water first or boil the noodles first when he felt a harsh slap on his bum. He cried out in pain, turning around only to gulp. 

Hyukjae stood wearing nothing but low hanging sweatpants, his happy trail in easy view. His brown hair was a disheveled mess, making him all the more y. Even his deep frown made Donghae feel weird inside. 

Cold or not, there was no denying that the cop he lived with was ing hot. 

"It's 3 a.m., Lee Donghae." From sleep, Hyukjae's usual smooth voice had gone raspy and rough. "What the  are you doing in my kitchen at this time?" 

Donghae blinked, not sure why he was at such a loss of words. In the meantime, Hyukjae scanned the boy's appearence, only to scoff in disbelief. 

"Are you perhaps thinking to seduce me right now?" 

The teen's eyes flung up, looking oh-so-guilty for all the wrong reasons. Did he hear my thoughts? 

"In the middle of the night, in nothing but your small boxers, you are trying to cook me some ramyun? Is that what this is," Hyukjae asked, his voice getting more and more mocking with each word. 

Donghae's guilty gaze vanished. His eyes turned to slits in annoyance. 

"Because of someone who doesn't feed me dinner every single night, I was hungry. I was cooking ramyun for myself, excuse you. Don't think you are so big." 

Hyukjae smirked - that smirk that sent chills up and down Donghae's spine. The teen looked away, afraid that if he continued to see that smirk he wouldn't sleep the whole week. 

"I've been honestly told I'm pretty big quite often, though." 

Knowing full well the double meaning, Donghae blushed. 

"Clean up when you are done." Hyukjae spoke, directly into Donghae's ear. "And from tomorrow, make sure to come to dinner rather than blaming me for not feeding you." 

When Donghae didn't say anything - the boy had practically frozen, knowing he sure as wasn't sleeping tonight - the elder just patted him softly on the bum and walked back to his bedroom.

Only when the bedroom door closed did Donghae relax. 

 

"Goo-mornin." Changmin cooed, surprising Donghae by taking him by the waist. Hae, still uncomfortable, just awkwardly smiled and pushed him away. 

"Changmin-ah, don't." 

"Aigoo, our Princess Donghae isn't at all good at skinship." 

Hae glared. "If I'm a princess are you a damsel in distress?" 

Changmin laughed, opening the car door for the smaller boy to get in. "I'm your prince, stupid." 

Donghae just scoffed, looking out of the window as the ride began. Not even two minutes into the drive, he began yawning. Changmin caught the third yawn, frowning. 

"Someone didn't sleep last night. You even have dark circles." 

Hae just shrugged. "I'll just sleep during class." 

"You could do that," Changmin started, a mischevious glint in his eyes. "Or you could just skip school entirely." 

Donghae let the offer sink in. It sure would do a job at riling the arrogant cop up. The news would probably even reach Donghwa, who's probably get all irritated about it. The thought thrilled him. 

"Yes I think I would like that," Donghae said, smirking. 

Changmin grinned, taking a sharp turn. "Let's hang out at my place today. My parents have gone off to work." 

 

"Any updates?" 

Kyuhyun nodded. "There seems to be more than one person behind the drug dealing. The school's refusing to let us continue the search within school grounds in fear of getting their reputation tarnished. They told us to handle it quietly." 

Hyukjae scoffed. "ing hypocrites." 

Kyuhyun placed down a black file. "Take a look at these. These are the names of the suspects, there is about six. We should go meet with them one by one." 

Hyukjae nodded. "Let's do it today - after school." 

 

"This is a house?" Donghae asked, knowing full well it was the same thing he had said when he had seen Hyukjae's home. This time, though, the context was far different. 

Changmin's home was the size of Hyukjae's home quadrupled and then some. There was even a water fountain in the main entrance and huge doors Donghae had only ever seen at the court. 

Changmin chuckled. "I'll take that as a compliment." 

"It is! Your house is something people like me only ever dream about." Donghae spoke sincerely, too busy looking around to notice Changmin's softening gaze. He only looked up at the boy when he felt a hand caressing his cheek. 

"You're really cute, you know that Donghae-ah." 

Hae blushed, pushing his hand away. "Y-Yah, what're you saying between us guys." 

Changmin just laughed, throwing off his backpack and coat. "Make yourself comfortable. I'll call the others." 

 

"Hyukjae-ah, can we go for a drink after this? It's been so long since I've even had a taste of achohol because of this tiring job." 

Hyukjae glared. "Yah, why am I Hyukjae-ah to you? Call me hyung, punk." 

"Ai, Hyungg." 

"Shut up and give me the address, Cho. I'm not in the mood for jokes." 

Kyuhyun pouted uncharacteristically, handing his senior the card. "You seem so much more colder these days, boss. Is it because it's been a while since you, you know, scored?" 

Hyukjae just gave him another glare. If looks could kill, Cho Kyuhyun would've been dead, revived, and killed ten times over. 

"Don't speak such nonsense at Shim Changmin's home, you idiot." 

____________________________________________________________

dun, dun, dun. Donghae's going to get in huge 

trouble when Hyukjae finds him at a suspect for drug-dealing's home, neh. Kekeke