nd call

Hear out the call within my heart

It was closing time at the café and everyone was going off their own ways, “I’ll see you tomorrow for the thesis Kyungsoo” he cheerfully waved then the quiet guy just smiled and raised his hand. “You two seem to get along quite well. Heck, you didn’t even needed help to make a smooth atmosphere together” he teased in a bland tone. “Well… I somehow feel comfy with him, it’s like I knew him someplace else” he didn’t sound sure though and also didn’t mind Sehun’s tone of words.

 

            “Now that you mention it, I kinda have the same feel as you do… anyways, how’s study and the thesis? It’s been 5 days and you don’t seem to be that worried” Kai smiled confidently. “Of course, I found myself a great partner and with studies, he even shows good teaching skills. He’d make a good tutor” he looked back at the thought of their study after the thesis.

 

            “Wah… I don’t know if I should be happy or jealous. Seems like you’re having more fun being with him than me” he pouted to show his disappointment. “Sehun… you know that you’re the best friend and that wouldn’t change a bit” he patted him at the back before messing up his face. Sehun swatted the hand away, “I’m glad that you aren’t having problems… so how ‘bout we roam around?” he offered.

 

            “On a school night? I don’t mind but where do we hang out?” he wondered. “How ‘bout we call Baekhyun and ask for drinks, you know he’s up to it when you make a call” he gave a mischievous grin. “Are you planning on making me drunk and leaving me at someone else’s house?” he felt suspicious. “I was planning on make you drunk and taking photos of you to blackmail you when I need someone to clean my room but that would do” he chuckled.

 

            “Fine, let’s have a drink. It’s been a while since I last drank some booze” Sehun was about to call for Baekhyun but Kai recalled something “Is it alright to bring Kyungsoo along? I mean, he’s kind of shy and he told me he didn’t had much friends around him so. Could we let him tag along?” Sehun narrowed his eyes and took a breath before answering.

 

            “Just make sure he isn’t drunk enough to not go home on his own” Kai happily nodded and took out his phone to call Kyungsoo back. “Ya, Kyungsoo… come back to the café, let’s go have some time together”

 

            “R-Right now?” he sounded nervous about it. “Yeah, Sehun and I will be waiting for you… I think it’s about time you have a circle of friends around you” though hyped with what Kai suggested, it subsided when he heard it was more than just the both of them. “Alright… I’ll be right there”

 

            A few minutes later, they got to Baekhyun’s house. “He sure lives a comfy life” they marveled the look on where he was living, even though they’ve been in his place several times; they still can’t believe that he lives there alone “Come on in guys, make yourselves at home” Hyun appeared from the front door and he guided them to the living room. “Oh… who’s the new guy?” he took notice of Kyungsoo right away. “I-I’m Do Kyungsoo… it’s a pleasure to meet you” he bowed kindly.

 

            Hyun nodded and smiled at the rest of the two. “You should learn to be more like him, I might consider looking after the both of you with better care, heck I’ll even end up adopting you guys as my kids” the two only snickered. “So it’s just the four of us then” Sehun asked with a suspicious look in his face when his eyes met Baekhyun “Well, yeah… is there someone else you’re inviting along?”

 

            “How ‘bout we invite Chanyeol? I know war is the most common thing between the both of you but, I know he’s fun to be with” Sehun definitely gave him an obvious knowing look. “Yah… Oh Sehun… don’t you dare call him to~” he could bring out another word when the doorbell rang. “Oh… too late, I called him before we got here. There’s no turning back now” he smiled in triumph and made his way towards the door, leaving Baekhyun’s mouth in agape.

 

            “Seriously… Sehun doesn’t have any bounds when it comes to what he wants” Kai giggled and Kyungsoo never took his eyes off of Kai each time he would laugh or smile. Kai somehow noticed Kyungsoo’s lack of talk so he thought of being livelier when he’s with him.

 

            “Kyung… it’s only going to be the five of us so you don’t have to be shy or anything. These guys know how to bond and I can assure you, no matter how weird or drawn back you really are. They would never judge or do anything to hurt you… well maybe tease you at most but you’ll get used to it like I do with Sehun” it made Kyungsoo feel a bit at ease and his heart lighter.

 

            “So everyone’s here so let’s get started with the drinking…” Sehun proclaimed, “Kai… oh Kai… I’m really glad to see you!” Chanyeol went straight towards Kai and hugged him nice and tight. With the amount of liveliness Chanyeol was showing, he felt that it was rather too radiating. “I was really disappointed when the club activities would be suspended due to the midterm. I thought I wouldn’t be able to see you” Kai just giggled with the way he was open to skinship.

 

            “Yeah… I’m glad to see you too” he simply shrugged off the hyper hyung. “Oh, sorry to not notice you… I really have my eyes on this guy whenever he’s around” he moved over to Kyungsoo and offered a handshake. “Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you” Kyungsoo shook hands and smile back “Likewise, I’m Do Kyungsoo”

 

            “Oh… I get the feeling that this guy’s totally someone I can hang around with” he assumed and placed his arm around him and dragged him towards the kitchen like he owns the place. “Come on, I’ll grab us some booze and we’ll talk to get to know each other” Kyung was a bit intimidated to encounter someone like this but he was willing to make friends.

 

            “Ya, Baekhyun… don’t stand there like a statue and help accommodate your guests” he ordered and didn’t bother to look. “Pft… you really have an attitude when it comes to me” he mumbled to himself as he went to get the snacks and drink at the kitchen as well.

 

            “Sehun…” he nudged him as they watch Kyungsoo being taken away, “Do you think he’ll be able to keep up with Chanyeol? He’s a lot harder to wear down than Baekhyun” they both chuckled. “Well he has to learn one way or another. Besides, those two are completely harmless… except if they plan on pestering him with endless questions… then I will bet that this would be the last that he’ll come with us to something like this” Kai shook his head.

 

            “We brought him here to show him that he could make friends… not make him fear those two” Sehun then turned to fully face him. “I can’t believe my Jong In is this thoughtful to a new friend, come here” he grabbed him by the waist and hugged him. Though it might seem rather intimate for them to casually hug like that in someone else’s place. Kai doesn’t mind at all, in fact he even rested his chin on Sehun’s shoulder and hugged back.

 

            “Ya, Sehun! Let go of Kai right this instant” Chanyeol immediately protested the moment he got out of the kitchen. “Sue me…” was all that Sehun shot back at him. “This is why I wonder if you guys are in a totally different relationship” Chanyeol pulled Kai away from Sehun’s grasp. “You can’t break old habits. We’ve been like this for years so there’s no point on making us stop” Sehun added.

 

            “Even so… I don’t wanna see you hold on Kai like that” he got back with Sehun by hugging Kai “Hug him all you want, heck, you could even bring him to your bed and cuddle. He’ll like that” Chanyeol’s eyes glistened. “Really? Can I really do that?” he mused at the possibility but Kai only laughed a bit. “I’m not a doll you could just take home and sleep with” he was still laughing at the situation though.

 

            “You must be freaked out about what you’re seeing… I hope you aren’t because Sehun and Kai had been friends since they were kids and Chanyeol has this loving personality whenever he’s with someone he looks up to. I myself was bewildered at first but seeing them like that makes me feel like I’m with my family” Kyung smiled at the way Baekhyun spoke so admirably.

 

            “Actually, I don’t mind what I’m seeing… as long as there’s a smile on their faces, I know it’s alright” he wanted to point out specifically at Kai’s smile but he knew better not state the obvious out of raw emotions. “You have an open minded thought there… you’ll fit in quite well” Baekhyun complimented and ruffled Kyung’s hair before inviting him to join the rest.

 

            They went on for hours of drinking to their heart’s content or at least to their immunities to peak. “I seriously *hick* enjoyed this night… it’s been awhile *hick* since I last drank this much” Kai pronounced to them with a contorted smile. “Kai… your drunk as hell and you only had 4 bottles of beer” Sehun whispered gently by his ear. Kai turned to look at him wobbling his whole body at the process. “Why, are you *hick* taking me to bed now Sehun? *hick* I want to sleep on your bed tonight” all eyes were pointing at them.

 

            “Don’t misunderstood this stupid drunktard, we sleep together from time to time and it’s still normal for the both of us” Sehun defended themselves from the rest but it doesn’t seem to help with the situation they’re in. “The more this goes the more I see a much bigger picture behind this” Baekhyun really felt something was on. “Don’t you dare do anything malicious on Kai-ah, if you do… you know what’s coming at ya” Chanyeol warned with a fist but his face was already flush red.

 

            “Come on, I’ll get you sober so you can drive yourself back home” Baekhyun stood up from his seat and pulled up Chanyeol. They went to the kitchen, leaving the two with Kyungsoo who was surprisingly able to last longer. “Sehun… I’m starting to get *hick* sleepy… take me home” he whined and rested his head on Sehun’s shoulder. “Alright then… get up first” he gently pushed Kai and got up.

 

            When Kai was standing up, he was shaking and his posture was unstable. When he tried to make a step in which he stumbled and made Kyungsoo nearly jump from his own seat. “Is he fine?” he manage to ask, “He’ll be okay… I need to carry him though” Sehun tried to fix Kai’s position. “Sehun’s so caring huh? *hick* he loves me so much right?” a shocking view sent Kyungsoo frozen in his seat and heart aching.

 

            Kai kissed Sehun deeply as if there wasn’t anyone in front of them; he thought that maybe it was because Kai was too drunk and done that but, Sehun was kissing him back as well. “This is so ed up” he hushed his words down. When Kai pulled away from the kiss, he collapsed down to the sofa. “I hope you don’t mind what you just saw…” Sehun spoke as he picked up Kai to carry on his back. “He just do what he feels like when he’s drunk as hell” he simply said and carried Kai towards the door.

 

            “By the looks of it… it was like you were used to it” Kyung whispered to himself.

 

            “Hey, can you guys manage to get home? I can drive you?” Baekhyun offered as he got out with Chanyeol. “We’re fine, thanks for the booze… we really enjoyed the night” he waved off and went out the door. “I think they can get a cab… it still not that late” Chanyeol went straight to the couch. “Kyungsoo, come on I’ll drive you to your place” he offered. “I’m fine, I’m not that drunk… I can find a cab”

 

            “Then let me take you, it’s the least I could do to a new friend” Baekhyun seemed willing “You need to clean up this mess you nitwit” Baekhyun glared at him “You go and clean this and I’ll take him to his place, how’s that sound?” with a sharp look back at Hyun, Chanyeol only started to pick up the mess around the living room. “Come on, I’ll drive you” he took his keys on the small rack by the door so Kyung had no other choice than to accept his offer.

 

            The drive to Kyungsoo’s place was silent; only when Hyun asked out about the direction will then Kyung speak. Hyun sighed and decided to break the silence “Are you able to cope in on those two?” he suddenly asked. “What do you mean?” he didn’t want to talk about it though.

 

            “Listen, Chanyeol and I are a lot used to them than you are. They have this bond wherein it sometimes crosses the friendship boundaries and I too found it disturbing; but at the end of the day, we can’t do anything to stop them if that’s how their friendship works” Hyun peeked from time to time to check on Kyung’s reaction.

 

            He seemed hurt in Hyun’s eyes but he wasn’t sure if he was.

 

            “I accepted their friendship on my own right? So I’ll understand their friendship to the fullest” he positively said and smiled to cover his inner feelings. “I’m glad that you’re someone like that because they are both great people, so I want to know your perspective when it comes to coping up with them” Hyun doesn’t seem to notice Kyung’s act.

 

            “It seems I better have a stronger heart to bear with this…” he told himself.

 

            “I want you to keep this… so one day when we meet again… you can ask me if I… love you”

 

            He grasped on the necklace that was hidden under his shirt as he recalled those words that went along with the item.

 

            Meanwhile; when Sehun brought Kai to his place, his mom rushed towards them to offer some help. “Did you let Jong In drink so much again?” she worriedly asked, “He said he wanted to have as much as he wants since work, school and practice doesn’t let him” she sighed, “And you let him? You’re tolerating him all too much at times… I’ll tell his parents that he’s here for the night. Is there anything you want me to bring up stairs?”

 

            “We’ll be fine, he’s already asleep” he took careful steps ups the staircase. When he got inside his bedroom, he gently laid Kai to the bed and pulled his shoes off. The moment Sehun left to hang his jacket and place their shoes at the rack, Kai groaned. “I’ll be right there” he knew exactly what the groan meant.

 

            “Can you seriously try to sleep without having someone to sleep next to you?” he plunge in bed to cozy on the left spot. Kai hummed to as an answer and cuddled Sehun right away. “You know… that kiss would’ve surely shock Kyungsoo… how are you going to explain that to him” he didn’t heard an answer but instead, Kai buried himself on Sehun’s chest.

 

            “Fine, we’ll talk about this tomorrow…” he caressed Kai’s hair and gave a light peck on his head before closing his eyes and fall asleep.

 

            The next morning, Kai lazily opened his eyes. He looked around and he noticed he wasn’t in his room. “Sehun…” he softly called out. “I’m here” a quick reply. “Mom said to bring this up for you” he laid the tray on Kai’s lap when he sat up. “Ugh… when did you leave the bed? Aww… my head hurts” he complained as he started to feel the hangover. “I got up a few minutes ago to brush my teeth, then I remembered that you have an earlier class today. Here drink some honey and eat up, you need to get ready” he ruffled Kai’s hair and laid the food on the side table.

 

            “Sehun… I’m sorry” he shyly spoke, Sehun didn’t falter and just fixated himself on getting Kai’s clothes on his drawer. “I didn’t mean to cause a scene like that last night… and even in front of Kyungsoo I~” he was interjected. “You don’t have to apologize to me; I’m used to your antics… your behaviors and most of all, I’m used to what you throw at me” he smiled and walked close to Kai.

 

            “The person you should apologize to should be the person who didn’t expect what you did” Kai was half disappointed with himself and happy since Sehun wasn’t fussing or something. “I understand… if I were to be at that state I would’ve freaked as well”

 

            When Sehun was about to leave his side but Kai held onto him by the waist. “I sorry if I do stuff like that… that’s one of the reason why I don’t like to get too drunk but, I was having fun with last night that I couldn’t help but to enjoy the night” it brought out a grin on Sehun’s face to hear him talk that sincerely. “All I can do is understand and deal with it… that’s how much I value you alright?” he patted Kai’s hand.

 

            As simple as that, all was forgotten and resolved. “I’m glad that it’s you that understands me so much” Kai whispered at Sehun’s back.

 

            A few hours later at campus, “Kyung… hey, Kyungsoo” Kai called out as he ran to catch up with him at the hall. Kyungsoo stopped and turned to look at the tired Kai. “Oh… Kai, is there anything you need?” he asked politely, “Not really but…” he paused as the area seems to have lots of students around. “Can we talk… privately?” Kyung nodded and knew exactly what the talk will be.

 

            They went to the fire exit so no one would be around; Kai really seemed troubled in Kyungsoo’s eyes. “About what you saw last night… I… was too drunk to know what was going on and~ *Sigh* it’s a lame excuse but it is true… I mean, if I knew then I would’ve~” he groaned since things were going bad. Though Kai was having a rough time delivering the right words to tell, Kyungsoo couldn’t suppress a laugh. “What’s funny…” he was a little bit depressed.

 

            “You look… cute when you don’t know what to say. It’s like… you’re doing it on purpose so that we’d drop the main topic here” he teased. “I am not!” he blurted.

 

            “Are too…” he continued

            “Am not~!”

            “Are too and you’re blushing right now!”

            He felt a bit warm on the cheeks “I… I am not…” he stammered.

            “You look wonderful” he sincerely said out of the moment.

            “I…” he slowly picked up the words, “I’m what?”

 

            Kyungsoo took a deep breath and messed with Kai’s hair. “Now you look terrible” he averted the seemingly serious look on Kai’s face.

 

            “Y-Yah… don’t do this type of stuff…” he swayed Kyungsoo’s hand away. “Anyways, whether you kissed a guy in front of me or not… I’m still fine with it. It’s not like it’s something to be so worked up with; what matter is you’re still you and that’s all there is to it” in a way, Kai felt the same understanding as Sehun.

 

            “Although I found it rather unnecessary of Sehun to kiss you back that much… I’ll let it pass…” he thought to himself. “I-I’m glad to hear that you’re an understanding type of person. Most people would think that it’s icky and gross but… thanks, for keeping an open mind” he was about to hug him out of the feeling but stopped as he immediately remembered personal boundaries.

 

            “I should… know how to~” he words were cut off by Kyungsoo’s advance. A nice and comfortable hug. “If it’s a hug you want, I won’t forsake something like that” he spoke softly behind Kai’s ear; he felt a tingle in his spine as he felt the air damp to his ear and the warmth from Kyungsoo felt all too endearing.

 

            It was like he was naturally drawn to Kyung’s embrace. Because of that leap of faith, Kyungsoo felt himself changing in a bolder person. “Even with small steps… I’ll be able to gather up the courage to tell you everything