Chapter 13

Sheltering Tree *Rewriting*

Ji Yeon swiped her hand across the table, throwing the bowl of porridge onto the floor. Avoiding the breaking glasses, the maid took a step back as she stared wide-eyed at the mess. She couldn’t blame Ji Yeon for her fidgety hands and bursts of emotions since her drugs were constipated by Mr. Kim. Carefully, she crouched down on her feet and picked the shattered pieces up.

Ji Yeon’s eyes followed the maid’s moves, guilt building up in her chest.

“Sorry,” Ji Yeon blurted with her head turned sideway. The maid froze in shock at her apology, as she had never heard the s word from the teenager for as long as she was in the Lee’s household.

“It’s fine, miss.” The maid solemnly nodded as she stood up. Biting her lips, the older woman contemplated whether she’d speak her mind. Her back stiffened when she saw Ji Yeon’s expecting gaze.

“Pardon me for meddling, miss,” she croaked. “But don’t you want to call Kim Taehyung before the—

“You're dismissed.” Ji Yeon interrupted, her eyes hard, a sign that she didn’t want to hear more. With that, the maid bowed and swung the door close with a click, sending the room back in an eerie silence.

 

Ji Yeon ignored the looks people gave her as she slumped against the sofa, placing her sneakers on the edge of the wooden coffee table. It was nice and calm in there, in contrast to her room where everyone obligated to check on her every minute of the day.

She blinked an eye open when she sensed a shadow loomed over her, followed by raising her eyebrows when she somehow recognized the boy. If she wasn’t mistaken, he was the one named Jung or something.

She tended to forget insignificant things a lot, unless you made a very memorable first impression to make her remember you.

“It’s Jungkook.” The boy said, already expected her to forget his name. “Are you looking for Taehyung-hyung?”

Ji Yeon shrugged nonchalantly.

“Well, he’s not around so why don’t you come see us practice?” Jungkook offered with a wary tone, unconsciously growing shy.

Ji Yeon hid a smile when she noticed the slight blush on his cheeks. It amazed her that he became shy from only inviting her when she had already passed that stage a long time ago. She had already lost her innocence and…could never feel the same around opposite again.

“Sure.” Ji Yeon said with a bitter taste.

 

 

Taehyung rubbed the heel of his foot, feeling the aftermath of wearing high-heels for the first time. Namjoon had already warned him to not go too far but he couldn’t help it when he was having fun on stage. And besides by being funny, it could help with the group’s popularity and image.

“Oh, you did well.” Namjoon commented as his finger tapped his phone screen. Taehyung laughed at the mocking undertone in his leader’s voice. Wearing his shoes, he hopped off the van and followed Namjoon, heading for the practice room.

“PARK JIMIN!” screamed a familiar feminine voice. They both turned toward the source of the screaming.

“S***!” Jimin cursed and dodged away from the infuriated girl’s hands. Taehyung raised his eyebrows in confusion at Jimin and Ji Yeon as they ran around the hallway. When did she get here? He asked no one in particular.

Yoongi drank his glass of juice nonchalantly at the side. Watching Jimin being chased by a girl wasn’t an unusual thing to see. Jimin got a bad habit of flirting with almost everyone, so he couldn’t really blame the girl for trying to strangle him.

Ji Yeon got a good grip of Jimin’s shirt, pulling him out of the WC. She wrestled him to the floor before grabbing a handful of his hair, screaming, “How do you like that, huh?”

“Ok! Ok! I’m really sorry!” Jimin yelled, face burning from the entire running and turning.  Man, he had been running for a while and the girl wasn’t tired of it. In fact, her eyes were burning with determination to catch him.

“All right, that enough,” Yoongi walked over, grabbing the girl’s arm to pull her up. “You’re making him bald enough.”

“Yah! Let me go!” No matter how strong Ji Yeon was, Yoongi was stronger despite his short height. He dragged her toward the practice room. Ji Yeon was about to hit his head if it wasn’t for Taehyung, who pulled her closer to him.

“Hyung, it’s ok,” Taehyung said. “She’s always like this.”

“Oh,” Yoongi mused. “Why don’t you say so? I thought she was possessed by one of the crazy fans who Jimin flirts with.”

“Son of a b***!” Before Ji Yeon could struggle out Taehyung’s grip, he lifted her up on his shoulders, escaping before she could do more damage.

There was some limit at taunting Yoongi and he wouldn’t want to tempt fate by letting Ji Yeon cussing his older hyung. Blood would be shed.

He ran out of the building with the girl on his shoulder, swearing nonstop. He didn’t stop until they arrived at the soulless parking lot nearby. Taehyung was about to place Ji Yeon down when she landed a nice kick on his back, enough for him to fall on his knees, yowling.

“Be thankful that I don’t attack your .” Ji Yeon huffed out in irritation.

“Thank you.” Taehyung attempted a joke. Ji Yeon smacked his head. Another yowling from him.

 

Ji Yeon glared fiercely at the cheeky boy as he prodded a churro at her lips. He’d been persuading her to eat fritters throughout the whole day and wouldn’t buy other things for her to eat. It was nerve-wracking to watch him eat with different faces. The animals’ natural scent only made her wanted to kill Taehyung on that spot, and she didn’t care if she murders him in front of the children.

“You better get that thing off my face,” Ji Yeon warned. Sensing a possible danger, Taehyung pulled away the pastry and awkwardly munched on it.

A rush of strong wind flew by, dishevelling both of their hair. One of the kindergartener’s hat was thrown off from his head and landed nicely on Ji Yeon’s laps.

“Sorry, unnie,” The child bowed apologetically before holding out his hands. “Can I have my hat back?”

“This?” Ji Yeon held his hat up before throwing it behind her. The boy cried out before running after it. Taehyung frowned at the side but then softened when he noticed Ji Yeon’s eyes on the little boy as he got nearer to the riverbank.

She might not know it but she started to show her soft side. Even though she screwed it up by acting insensitive.

Taehyung went after the boy and pulled him away from the river. “Be careful.” He told him. The child whimpered as he pointed at the hat, which dangled on one of the twigs. Thanks to Taehyung’s long arms, he easily plucked it and placed it on the boy’s head.

“Forgive the unnie, alright?” Taehyung patted him.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Get ready for the next chapter! Haha!

This story is coming to an end soon.

Thank you all!

Oh, and I already have plans for my next BTS story. Can you guys guess which of the BTS member is going to be the main character though?

Please anticipate it!