Chapter 6

Make Me Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I looked in the mirror, running fingers through my still dump hair after the shower I'd had to take to get rid of the shampoo. It smelled nice and the strands of hair were back to its shinny self but I was still quite unhappy with the method Baekhyun had used to force me to wash them. Not to mention I still had goosebombs because of the cold water he'd poured on my head.

If I was going to be sick, I'd make sure to give him the bill from the hospital.

Pushing the door open, I headed to the living room, happy to finally wear new and dry clothes. But my happiness didn't last long when I realized Baekhyun hadn't left as I instructed him before locking myself in the bathroom. I stopped on my track, eyeing him watching TV in silence. He was quietly sitting on the sofa with his chin resting on the palm of his hand, one elbow on the armrest. My gaze fell down to a bag of ice on his crotch and unconsciously the view made me chuckle.

"That's not funny," he barked, not averting his eyes even for a second from TV.

"Exaggerating much?" I said with quite annoying cheerfulness, taking a seat next to him. "I didn't kick you that hard, you know? Be a man."

"Just shut up and eat," Baekhyun huffed, throwing me a quick angry glance before he focused back on the show he's been watching while I'd been showering. I furrowed my brows, looking at him in confusion for a long moment, before I realized there was a bowl on the table.

I reached to the spoon pronged into the greyish slush inside and stirred it with uncertainty. "What is this?"

"Porridge." He explained half-heartedly.

Last time I checked, porridge didn't look like a ground entrails. It meant just one thing - Baekhyun was a horrible cook and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first dish he even tried to prepare. Too bad I turned out to be his guinea pig. "You know," I muttered, my face twisting in disgust as I took the spoon out and the food sticking to it landed back into the bowl like a long snot. "I know I kicked you but it doesn't give you permission to kill me with this."

"Fine," Baekhyun sounded outraged with my comments and I felt him wriggling on the sofa. "Then just don't eat it. I don't care."

I glanced at him over my shoulder. He was boring a hole in the TV, his lips pressed into thin line and eyes slightly squinted. Don't care, my . Even the tone of his voice said otherwise and I couldn't help but a little bit more because, for once, it was nice to be the one making life unbearable for Baekhyun, not the other way around. I took the bowl and lifted it to my nose. "God, it smells like death."

That snarky remark was like a solid slap to his pride because the next thing I remembered was Baekhyun throwing himself at me.

"I said don't eat it, didn't I?" He spat back in fury, leaning forward to snatch the bowl from my hands but I twisted myself to the right just in time, hiding it from him. "Give it back!"

"You said it's for me," I snorted, lifting the bowl up when Baekhyun's hands flashed in front of my face, his chest pressing against my back, forcing me to hunch forward.

"I take it back, you ungrateful wench," he growled, placing his hand on my shoulder to get up on his knees and when he almost touched the bowl, I stood up from the sofa. Baekhyun fell forward, stopping himself from hitting the wooden armrest with his face just in time and I laughed triumphantly, looking down at the opponent I'd just beaten thanks to my inborn agility. Then, still with my mind clouded with the sudden win, I reached for the spoon and took a bite of Baekhyun's porridge without thinking it over.

That, I had to admit, was quite a silly move considering the food didn't only smell like death. The taste was horrible, to say at least. A mixture of salt and sugar with big chunks of sourness here and there, messed with my taste buds and tickled my stomach in the wrong way.

"Oh God..." I muttered under my hand clasped around mouth, trying to swallow the slush and not to gag in the same time. That guy really wanted to kill me.

"What," Baekhyun propped himself on his elbows, observing me with interest. "Is it that bad?"

"Bad?" I groaned when I finally managed to swallow it. "You would make Gordon Ramsey cry with this." A shiver of disgust shook my whole body the moment I felt the food go down my throat and I handed it to Baekhyun, keeping the bowl as far from my face as possible. "Here, have it. I don't want it anymore."

Baekhyun snatched the bowl and put it back on the table, his pout telling me how offended he felt with my ungratefulness. "Jesus, I must've lost my mind to even think of cooking something for you."

"Oh, so you call it cooking?" I snorted, folding arms in shock. "I bet you didn't even try it in the first place. I mean, this taste like so either you gave me this to eat not knowing how it tastes or you really hate me."

"Oh shut up, woman. Stop exaggerating because it really can't be that bad," he said, throwing his hands up in the air. "It's just porridge after all, it won't taste like a damn chocolate pudding so it up."

"Oh, look who's so rude," I said, amused and Baekhyun just muttered a few words under his nose I couldn't really understand. Somehow, I felt offended with the way the situation turned out. Even if I went a little too far with my comments, Baekhyun still believed his meal was something worth paying for in a good restaurant, making me a senseless wench for not appreciating his effort.

"Okay, then," I sat next to him and Baekhyun fixed his eyes back on the TV, ignoring me. "You try it if you don't believe me."

"I don't like porridge," he explained swiftly, making me snort.

I took the bowl and stuck it under his nose. "Here, have a spoon."

"I said, I don't like--"

"Shut up and eat," I aimed at his mouth but he turned his face to the side before I managed to shove the whole spoon into his mouth so half of the porridge I had on the spoon ended up on Baekhyun's left cheek. And maybe a few small chunks on his shirt. "Oops," I grinned at him when he sent me an annoyed look, his cheeks puffed out as he tried to avoid swallowing the food in his mouth.  

Then the angry look on his face changed, melting into a terrified one and I knew straight away the horrible taste hit his taste buds. He pressed his lips tighter, somehow turning paler than he usually was and I had to bit the insides of my cheeks to keep myself from laughing out loud. That was definitely too entertaining to watch. I raised my brows, looking at him in excitement, "Tasty?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter