Chapter 12

Make Me Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There was one thing I'd already noticed about Baekhyun some time ago and those recent events happening in my life only confirmed my hypothesis about this strange human being wandering around me.

That guy didn't use his brain.

At that point I wasn't even sure if he had one. He used to do everything as he pleased, it seemed, not even considering the possible consequences of his every move or word. I couldn't tell if he was too stupid or fearless to stop for a moment, take his time and think. But what was even worse in the whole situation was the fact that everytime that dumb creature decided to do something in the heat of the moment, I always was the only one getting hit straight in the face with the consequences of his reckless actions.

First - the party at my house. I'd ended up fainting because of the panic attack after he'd closed me in the wardrobe. Then the heated argument with Jihyun's ex-boyfriend. If I remembered correctly, I had been the only one who'd received a punch in the face.

And now, this.

I was surely going to be ripped apart by the horde of crazy girls dreaming about Baekhyun every single night of their lives. Or, at least the one Baekhyun was currently dating. How was I going to explain everyone that Baekhyun and I didn't even know each other? Because, to be honest, we didn't, right? Even though we attended the same English literature course and he'd happened to hide in my own apartment a few times, my knowledge about that guy was barely above zero. And I would be fine perfectly if it stayed like this and our contact would've been confined to the absolute minimum.

But Baekhyun seemed to have other plans.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed quietly through my clenched teeth when Baekhyun leaned forward to say what was in his mind. He moved his hands a little behind my head, making the fabric of his blouse fall down on his hair but not on mine, creating more free space around me. If not the situation we were currently in, I would've assumed he was trying to be considerate.

"Just trying to talk to you," he declared as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. The corner of his lips curled up in a sly smirk as he tilted his head slightly to the side in joy, "in private."

I looked at him, taken aback by his blunt and twisted way of thinking. In which freaking universe hiding under the piece of clothing would make us invisible? Was he, perhaps, still high after the surgery? No, it was impossible, right? He knew the consequences very well and did it anyway.

I opened my mouth, wanting to ask Baekhyun what was wrong with his brain but then the realization finally sank in my head, making my body stiffen immediately. I swallowed hard, lifting my gaze to look Baekhyun in the eye, before I whispered to him with a shaky voice, "Can you hear?"

He blinked twice, slightly confused and his forehead wrinkled as he took a few seconds to think and listen. "No," he whispered back. "I can't hear anything."

"Exactly," I huffed and Baekhyun leaned back a little with his brows raised after hearing the panic and anger in my voice. "It's freaking silent here!"

It was long lunch break and I was sure there was more than one hundred students currently finishing their food. Yet, we couldn't even hear the single word, not even a rustle of a paper bag. Everyone was quiet, surely watching us hidden behind Baekhyun's blouse, wondering what the hell the two of us were doing underneath it. With one single move Byun Baekhyun managed to silence half of the University.

Except one person.

Before Baekhyun could even register my words and reflect on his actions while thinking of the way to escape the uncomfortable situation, someone grabbed the blouse he was holding above us and with a sharp pull revealed our faces to the public.

"The hell is going on here?" Jihyun's furious question hung in the air as the both of us turned to look at her. Just one glance was enough to note the displeasure twisting her pretty face. I noticed her bite the bottom lip shortly before her frantic gaze landed on me and Jihyun stared me down, "Who are you?"

Seriously?

My brain halted for a moment, too overwhelmed by the fact that the super beautiful neighbour of mine didn't even know about my existence. I could understand her ignorance if we happened to only attend the same university but, for God's sake, we were living in the same building. She'd seen me a few times, I was sure about it.

On the bright side, my life was going to remain peaceful till Jihyun would discover who the hell was messing around with her handsome partner in that horrible cheating crime.

"Calm down, sweetheart," Baekhyun's voice made me snap from the temporary awe and when I looked back at him, he was already beside Jihyun, his left arm wrapped around her shoulders and lips so close to her head I was sure he was about to kiss her brown, curly hair. The view twisted my insides in grievance, hurting more than the physical punch I'd received a few days ago.

I swallowed hard, tearing my gaze away from the couple and blinking a few times to pull my feelings together. There wasn't any valid reason for me to feel this way.

"What were you doing with her?" Jihyun whined, folding her arms in annoyance and I halted, feeling her burning stare back on me. The manner in which she said the last word made my heart rumble in my chest in rage. So disrespectful, as if I was just a piece of trash.

Without thinking, I turned to her with my fists already clenched, "Excuse me but..."

"She just had something between her teeth," Baekhyun interjected, not letting me finish whatever I was about to say. He gently ruffled Jihyun's hair, not sparing me a single glance but making sure to drown the girl beside him in his charming smile, "I just helped her."

His lie only made me boil in anger. If he'd been impertinent enough to approach me and force to talk against my will, couldn't he be a man for once and tell Jihyun the real reason of the strange chit-chat with me under his blouse instead of making a desperate girl who couldn't even eat properly out of me in front of everyone?

I barely could hold myself back from screaming in frustration.

"Still," Jihyun slipped her arm around Baekhyun waist despite the still present displeasure in the tone of her voice. "People will talk you know?"

Baekhyun only chuckled under his nose, the cheerful sound almost making me gag. "Don't worry. You know I like you the best."

I like you the best, my mind quickly repeated.

I made a small step back, my gaze on Baekhyun and the girl he was embracing, feeling as if someone just slapped me in the face. The words I'd heard a few days ago, the same words that made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter