Chapter 2

Make Me Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I put the laptop on the kitchen counter and pressed the phone, currently resting between my shoulder and head, harder to my ear, having two hands busy with typing on the keyboard. "What page?" I said to the receiver in a hurry, the excitement and slight dubiety making my fingers shake a little.

"I've sent you the link on facebook," Sooyoung announced, her voice annoyingly calm. I logged in quickly to check the new messages from her and after clicking the link, I bent over having my nose almost in the monitor, waiting for the page to load.

"If it's a joke, Sooyoung, I'm going to-"

"It's not," she assured me immediately. "I checked it on their official homepage. They will perform next month in Seoul."

As to confirm my friend's words, the page finished loading and I scrolled down just to see the list of upcoming concerts in our city. Just as Sooyoung said, there was a big, flashing sign with an information I'd been dying to see since one year ago. Nothing but Thieves, my favourite band, was going to perform in Seoul next month. How dope was that?!

"Oh my God!" I screamed to the receiver, grabbing the phone with my hand before it could fall onto the ground. My friend's chuckle was the only thing I got in response before I started hyperventilating, hardly believing what I'd just seen. "Oh my God! Oh my God!"

"I know, I know," Sooyoung giggled on the other side. "They will start selling tickets next week so we better make sure to buy them."

"I will sell my kidney just to get them." I declared in a high-pitched voice, the elation getting the best of me. It took herculean effort not to scream in joy, dancing around my kitchen.

"Just be faster than those five thousand people who will want the tickets as well." Sooyoung laughed in delight. "That's all you have to do."

I paused for a second, the dread and cold sweat immediately rolling down my back. Swallowing hard, I leaned against the kitchen counter, trying to take a deep, calming breath as the realization poured down on me. The excitement I felt just a minute ago dispersed immediately, leaving me gasping for air in sudden panic. Just thinking about the possibility of being squeezed by so many people got my every nerve on edge, making my heart tousle in alarm in my chest. I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to go through it.

I just wasn't ready.

"Gosh, just imagine hearing them life and-"

"Sooyoung, I'm not going," I said in a hurry, my voice barely a whisper. "I just remembered I can't go on that day."

"What?! Bull!" Sooyoung yelled to the receiver, making me wince because of the noise, the regret squeezing my stomach the moment her hurt voice echoed in my ears. "You're doing it again, Mira! I can't let you waste your college days just because of your phobias! And it's Nothing but Thieves, for God's sake! You love them!"

I closed my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration, "You know I'm trying my best. It's just... too hard. And too much. I will freak out around five thousand people."

"Mira...!" She lamented and I knew she was throwing her hands in the air with resignation. "God, girl, don't make me drive to your place just to kick your scared !"

I sighed in resignation, feeling like the ball with mix of emotions in me was going to explode, tearing me apart. I wanted to go and see my favourite band playing live. Damn, I dreamed about it every single day since I'd discovered them. But in the same time I knew I wasn't going to win with the fear. I knew it was still bigger than my will to hold the scare inside.

Running a hand through my hair, I looked through the window, collecting the thoughts in my head, "Sooyoung, I just-- OH SWEET JESUS!!!"

The cell phone I held in hand landed on the wooden kitchen floor with a thud, fortunately not breaking into million pieces after the fall. I gave it a quick glance before my eyes drifted back to the balcony door, my heart beating furiously in my chest. Baekhyun, who was standing on the other side of the window, raised his brow in question after seeing me panting in terror. I closed my eyes, almost screaming in frustration because of this guy. The hell was he doing on my balcony again?

Hearing the muffled yells of panic coming from my cell phone, I quickly picked it up again, glaring at Baekhyun who was tapping the window with his index finger, smiling at me as if it was perfectly normal to show up there.

"The hell was that?!" Sooyoung screamed to the receiver the moment I placed it near my ear and I winced because of the decibels. "Are you okay?!"

"Sorry," I muttered, squeezing my T-shirt in the spot where my fast beating heart was, "I just got scared of... a cat."

"A cat?!" She said, not really believing my words as I made my way to the balcony door. "God, you scared the living out of me! Do you know that?! I thought something happened to you!"

"Sorry," I repeated, standing now face to face with Baekhyun, only a thin glass separating us. He grinned at me sweetly before pointing with his finger at the handle of the window, telling me to open it for him. I scoffed quietly, rolling my eyes. I made a mistake of leaving the window open once, I wasn't going to repeat it. "My neighbour's cat loves playing on my balcony these days." I explained to my friend, trying to steady my voice. "He makes a lot of noise when he jumps on the windowsill."

"Just tell them to take care of it," Sooyoung muttered, sounding definitely unpleased but calmer than just a minute ago. I sighed, watching as Baekhyun furiously pulled at the handle, a big frown of dissatisfaction on his face. He lifted his eyes at me and one of his brows raised in question, as if he couldn't understand why the door was still closed. I couldn't hold myself from blinking fast a few times, faking a surprise and shrugging as if I didn't know myself.

"I wish it could be that easy. This cat is seriously driving me crazy...." I complained, shaking my head no when Baekhyun placed his hands on hips and pointed at the window handle once again, this time with a quick and angry jerk of his head. When he saw my refusing gesture, his mouth opened wide in disbelief, probably an unpleased scoff leaving them. "Anyway, I gotta go now. Talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay," Sooyoung agreed rather unwillingly, apparently still not feeling satisfied with my sudden decision to give up on the concert. "See you tomorrow, then."

I quickly said my goodbye and hang up to face the problem impatiently waiting on my balcony. Folding my hands, I eyed Baekhyun again, realizing that this time he actually had decency to be properly dressed, his black shirt only with two first buttons undone. His hair was a mess of sticking strands and I knew exactly where he'd come from and what he'd been doing there. I shook my head in disbelief and anger filling me inside because Byun Baekhyun was just unbelievable.

"What do you want?" I said loudly so he could hear me through the glass, not averting my eyes from him even for a second. Baekhyun ran a frustrated hand through his messy hair before he looked up, as if checking if someone was eavesdropping on the balcony upstairs.

"Can you open the door?" He asked, looking back at me, his voice surprisingly pleading but the cocky smirk still presented on his lips.

I chuckled bitterly, repeating his own words from a few days ago, "Not gonna happen anytime soon, sweetie. Any other wishes?"

"You...!" Baekhyun half-yelled before he realized that wasn't going to change my mind. Scoffing again with his eyes on the balcony above his head, he clenched his jaw in frustration before his gaze landed back on me. He huffed slightly, the hair on his forehead jumping up because of it. I didn't want to admit it but he looked kind of y when he was angry. "Okay then," he started, reaching to his jeans' pocket. "I didn't want to use this so quickly but you're leaving me no choice."

I furrowed my brows in confusion, watching him in sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter