Chapter 19

Make Me Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No matter how I look at it, this isn't a good idea."

"Be more open-minded, Mira."

I laughed dryly at Baekhyun, staring at him dubiously as he stood next to my closet's door, having it already open. He was smiling encouragingly at me, urging me to come closer but I wasn't that stupid to follow his orders and get myself locked in a dark and tiny space of my own closet - not in the middle of the night and definitely not when Baekhyun was in charge of my freedom. That boy still had a long way to go to gain my complete trust and I was far from believing he would let me out when I asked him to.

"Come on, Mira" Baekhyun pointed at the closet with a quick jerk of his head and I vigorously shook mine.

"Nope, I still think it's a very bad idea. A very, very bad idea."

Baekhyun chuckled at my ridiculousness, letting go of the door to come closer. When I saw him approaching me, I shook my head once again, lifting hands in a protective manner in case he wanted to use force and drag me there after pleading wasn't making us head anywhere.

"I can't do that, Baekhyun." I warned him when he stopped just centimeters from me, my palms touching now his chest and the fragrance of his perfumes reaching my nose and fastening my pulse. It took a herculean effort to shut up and not comment how gorgeous he smelled.

His brows raised in a question as he wrapped his warm fingers around my wrists, "You can't do what?"

My mind repeated his words as I stared at his hands holding mine, feeling an odd comfort emitting from that small gesture. I couldn't shake the feeling that there was a different meaning to that simple question he asked, and when I lifted my eyes to look at Baekhyun's face, he confirmed my assumptions.

"You can't go inside the closet, or you can't trust me?" He asked with a voice so infuriatingly calm, as if the heaviness of his words was oblivious to him.

I tightened my lips, not wanting to answer any of that. Pushing aside my enormous fear of being left alone in my closet, talking about my own feelings to Baekhyun was alone a big deal to me. Any gesture, any word coming from me would uncover the emotions I'd rather keep to myself now, fearing the consequences of sharing them with Baekhyun. There was a tiny part of me trusting him, growing with Baekhyun's every kind gesture, but I'd be stupid if I ever let him know that he started having a big influence on me. Because he still was a stranger. A kind one but still not familiar enough to give him the satisfaction of having me under his control.

"Is it both?" Baekhyun suddenly asked, interrupting my thoughts, and I blinked rapidly at the softness of his voice. He was looking at me, his head slightly tilted to the side as he waited for any response while not averting his gaze from mine even for a second.

I swallowed hard, looking down at my feet, not sure what to say or do next as I felt that it wasn't just a case of overcoming my fears anymore. Then the hold on my wrists loosened and Baekhyun's open palm appeared right before my eyes.

"For every five seconds in the closet, I will tell you one of my secrets."

I blinked again, shaking off the confusion. "What?"

Baekhyun dropped his hand to the side and I noticed his tongue dart out to wet his bottom lip before he broke into another grin, "Oh, so I have your attention now?"

I scoffed, quite angry at his accusations, "I don't care about your secrets. It was just so random that you caught me off guard."

"Doesn't matter," Baekhyun said, putting his hands into the back pockets of his jeans. "I'm being serious here. One secret for every five seconds spent in the closet. Are you up for the challenge?"

I ignored the small smirk forming at the corner of his lips, knowing full well he was trying a different strategy to convince me to try now. And as infuriating as it was, that strategy seemed to have very appealing benefits I had a hard time ignoring. The question is, would I be brave enough to survive even those five seconds?

I looked over Baekhyun's shoulder at the closet with its widely open door and its tightness made me wince, "I'm not sure I will last enough to hear even one of your dark secrets. Not to mention I don't even know if I want to hear them."

Baekhyun quickly walked behind me and before I had a chance to protest, he put his hands on both of my shoulders to push me lightly in the direction of the closet. We didn't even take a step forward when I felt him lean forward and his hot breath caressed the sensitive skin on my ear and cheek, sending chills down my spine.

"I will leave the juicy ones for a different occasion."

The skin on my hands rose with goosebumps as I tried to control my voice and sound indifferent, "I'll make sure that there's no other occasion."

Baekhyun ignored my comment and instead motioned with his hand to enter the closet when we reached it, "It's all yours."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter