Chapter 25 *NEW*

Make Me Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Are you sure you’re okay with it?”

 

“Of course not,” I grumbled, leaning against the doorframe, looking how three of Baekhyun’s friends were trying to drag his uncooperative self to the sofa in my living room. How could I be even remotely okay with having a guy I had a crush on, sleeping at my apartment, totally wasted and unpredictable?

 

Sooyoung sighed, the guilty look back on her face. “I’m so sorry Mira, I was trying to avoid it at all costs but-”

 

“How did you even meet his friends?” I interjected her, genuinely curious at the unexpected turn of events. The soft skin on her cheeks turned pink when I caught her off guard with the sudden question. I tilted my head, enjoying the sudden embarrassment crystallizing on her face.

 

She cleared , eyes fixed on the boys. “I was out with Kyungsoo when Chanyeol - the tall one - called him asking for help.”

 

The name she mentioned finally clicked and I recognized Sooyoung’s little crush in the red-haired guy. I'd seen Kyungsoo just two times before, and knew him mostly from Sooyoung’s stories of how adorable and smart the boy was. Indeed, she was right - the guy had something mesmerizing in him. Or maybe I found him likable just because he was currently yelling at Baekhyun to pull his together.

 

Quite a funny picture, I have to say.

 

“What were you doing with Kyungsoo?”

 

“Just hanging out,” she quickly explained, giving me a disapproving stare after hearing the teasing tone of my voice. Judging from the way she tried to sound indifferent, and how pissed off Kyungsoo actually looked after being forced to be a nanny, I assumed their whole night out involved more than just ‘hanging out’. Nonetheless, it was safer to leave the topic of their sudden date for a different occasion since they both seemed ready to strangle someone in anger.

 

Keeping quiet, I looked over at the boys who were struggling to convince Baekhyun to lie down while he insisted on sitting. He wasn’t very keen on finding any compromise with the boys, which he showed with a few feisty kicks and slaps to their faces. I would’ve laughed at the commotion if I weren’t to be left alone with that aggressive drunkard later at night.

 

“He seems like a lot to handle…” I sighed, already feeling tired out just by looking at them.

 

“Chanyeol said he was drinking like a mad man.”

 

“I can definitely see that,” I snorted, not feeling any pity towards Baekhyun. He was old enough to know how to handle his alcohol but apparently, women weren’t the only problem he couldn’t keep himself away from.

 

“Did something happen between the two of you?”

 

I looked at Sooyoung in surprise, not expecting this kind of question. “What? Why?”

 

“The boys said Baekhyun doesn’t drink over his limits,” she explained. “I just assumed that maybe there was a conflict between you two. Especially since he wanted to see you tonight.”

 

I sighed again, watching how Baekhyun cradled his head, fingers buried in the mess of his hair, leaning forward with his elbows on tights as he struggled to sit straight. He looked miserable and weak, and for the first time since the boys dragged him up to my apartment, I felt responsible for the awful picture he presented.

 

“I was a little… mean to him today at University,” I admitted after a moment of silence between me and Sooyoung. “But I don’t think that was the reason strong enough for him to go out and get so wasted. It’s not like we are friends or something more for him to actually care.”

 

Sooyoung kept quiet, watching me as she listened to my explanation before her eyes landed back on the boy we were discussing. She seemed to find something in his behavior she hadn’t realized before, and her brows furrowed in a sign of deep thinking.

 

I knew she wanted to say something but the commotion happening near my sofa prevented her from speaking up her mind. I glanced back at the boys, noticing the sudden panic glances they were exchanging as Sehun and Chanyeol held Baekhyun up from the sofa.

 

“Where’s the bathroom?” Kyungsoo called out and I pushed myself off the doorframe, feeling my stomach crawl all the way up to my throat at the mere thought of why they needed that information.

 

“At the end of the corridor,” I instructed them. “Please, don’t make it messy or I’m gonna kill the four of you.”

 

I had to admit that in contrary to their struggle in convincing Baekhyun to lie down, their transporting of his wobbly body to the bathroom before he could grace us with what he ate today was worth an award. It wasn’t before they closed the door to the bathroom behind themselves that I’ve heard muffled noises of what I assumed was Baekhyun’s vomiting, Sehun’s cries to let him out and Chanyeol’s yelling for him to man up and refusing his pleads because, as he kept informing them, ‘they were in this together’.

 

That tall guy deserved another award for being the best friend, I swear.

 

“I’m sorry, Mira. This is getting out of control…” Sooyoung put a hand on my shoulder, giving me an apologetic squeeze and I sighed, probably for the hundredth time since Baekhyun had entered the apartment.

 

“It’s fine... maybe this will help me go back to hating him instead of having those inappropriate dreams.”

 

Sooyoung’s ears perked up in interest before I realized what I just admitted to. Her lips stretched in a small, sly grin as she stared at me with eyes wide in a newfound interest, “What dreams?”

 

“You’re not going to pretend I didn’t say anything, are you?”

 

“Of course not,” she chuckled shortly, making me groan in embarrassment at the mere thought of talking about this disgraceful dream. “So? Mind telling me what inappropriate things you’ve done with Baekhyun in your head?”

 

Another wave of ungodly noises came from the bathroom, making me and Sooyoung wince. I didn’t want to feel sorry for Baekhyun because he totally deserved the revolution happening now in his stomach, but the weak part of me couldn’t take it anymore.

 

Deciding on making some tea for the boy, I stuck my tongue at Sooyoung before heading to the kitchen, “Sorry but I’m not going to tell you something you will later use to threaten me for the next twenty years.”

 

*****

 

Sooyoung and the boys left shortly after Baekhyun finally fell asleep on my sofa, having no more energy in him to argue further. Chanyeol was nice enough to leave me his phone number, saying to contact him in case of emergency despite the time of the night. It was a comforting gesture but made little to calm me down for I knew I was still left alone with passed out Baekhyun in my living room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter