Five

The Girl Who Sees The Future

It was supposed to be an easy deal; he lured her to use her power, read her mind pattern and replicate her future reading skills. It wasn’t just a mere future reading skill; it is the ability to manipulate time which was crucial for his plan.

His ability to replicate powers has allowed him to have abundant of skills, and So eun’s power would make him ready to face his ultimate nemesis.

That night was his break; he finally managed to get a chance to hit his target. He was eyeing on So eun, calculating the best time to make his move when suddenly he saw So eun went to the bathroom. He was about to approach her but Boa was faster.

“Hey there.” Boa tapped him by the shoulder. “May I sit?”

Jae rim was taken aback. Why is she here? Did he being too obvious eyeing her friend? “Sure..”

“Look, I saw you staring at my friend for the past hour,” Boa started. Jaerim startled, “I was just…”

Boa cut him off. “You find her attractive, right? Please say yes! Or else I’m going to drag her out of here. That stupid fella is here, I don’t him to ruin the night.” Boa eyes shifted to the other side of the bar, looking over a man’ back with such fiery eyes.

Jae rim could read her mind pattern changes to hatred and disgust, and a protective nature of her mind over her dear friend.

He replied with conviction, “Yes, I’m interested.”

Boa turned to him with a wide grin. She started to look at him up and down, took out her phone and snapped a quick shot of his face. Jae rim was shocked, “What are you doing?”

“You look decent; it is just a precautionary act. If something happened to my friend, you can bet your face will be plastered all over Korea,” Her voice suddenly turned serious and she mimicked the famous movement with her two fingers while mouthing, I’m watching.

“I’ll make room for you, good luck!” Her voice turned cherry again, making Jae rim felt a whiplash of her multi personality.  

When he saw Boa’s leaving, he could see the other guy she was referring was about to make his move towards So eun.  But, luckily, he was faster.

That night at his house, the plan was to provoke her using her power, but, she looked so tempting in his eyes. She could not imagine how her black dress clad tight to her body, revealing some part of cleavage and her white y legs were driving him mad.

Her soft peck on his lips shattered his determination. After their intense love making, So eun fell asleep in his embrace, and he just stared at her face. He felt so calm and such serenity is something he hasn’t felt for a long time.

His mind was befuddled and he never felt more confused. It supposed to be a simple deal that he must cut off immediately once his purpose is achieved, but, he wanted to keep her close. He was torn between keeping his new found interest and keeping his plan on track. He fell asleep, undecided. 

**

Jae rim was kissing her neck while his hands started to roam all over her body when So eun’s eyes suddenly caught the calendar. Her eyes almost popped out and she gasped, pushed Jae rim away immediately.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Jae rim was quite surprised by her sudden change of mood.

“It’s fifth May right? Oh my god, I almost forgot about it. Jae rim, please, send me back to Seoul,” So eun’s eyes pleading earnestly while her hand grabbed his arm. “Come on, let’s go, we need to make a move!” So eun dragged him to the bedroom and grabbed hold of his shirt and car key.

“Hold on, hold on! Why the fuss? I thought you wanted to stay?” Jae rim confused, he was not willing to send her back yet. At least not until his actual purpose is fulfilled.

“It’s my uncle’s birthday! I need to get to his house by lunch for the celebration, and I don’t know how far this place is from Seoul and I still need to get back home first to get my present. Oh my god, do you think I can make it on time? Oh come on, Jae rim, put on your shirt, we need to make a move now!”

Jae rim sighed and reluctantly put over his shirt. “He can’t wait?” His eyes were pleading while he fixed her hair, trailed down to the small of her back. He whispered in her ear, “You’re in front of me, but I miss you already..” So eun smiled and slowly pushed him, “Don’t tempt me with those moves. I’m serious Jae rim. You don’t know how scary he will be if I don’t join our get- together.” And it’s my last year to celebrate his birthday, So eun added in her mind.

Jae rim nodded in defeat. “Ok, on one condition.”

So eun immediately replied, “No.”

“You haven’t heard of it yet! I’m not driving you back..” Jae rim pretended to be sulking, turnaround facing against the wall. So eun just laughed and back hugged him while resting her cheek on his broad back. “What is it? I’ll do it unconditionally, but send me there, pretty please..”

Jae rim smiled triumphantly, turnaround and circled his hands around her waist. “Ok, you need to pay. One kiss per kilometer, deal?”

“That’s it? Pff.. Sure, I’ll pay hefty tip if you make it on time. Let me give you some encouragement.” So eun tip toed and kissed him with such passion for only mere seconds. “A teaser.” She said with a flirty winked. Jae rim looked at her in dazed while thinking to himself, I’m doomed..