Three

The Girl Who Sees The Future

Ok, this is awkward. It wasn’t meant to be this way. She supposed, going to a bar with her dear friend would result in her, first, meeting a cute guy. Second, flirt with him. Third, heavy make out session with both of them drunk and do the thing in a hotel and finally she would just sneak out the hotel room, ticking of her bucket wish list.

But this, this is so weird. She was on someone’s bed, in a house, in an outskirt town. Is it a village? One thing for sure, that was certainly not some hotel room where she can just sneak out and swoosh herself out. She reached out for her phone, and it was dead.

She peek at her side, that guy, has his hand over her waist, his face facing the back of her head and his leg over hers. Well, he certainly looked handsome, even early morning. A little bloated, but still, a feast to watch. She smiled thinking back her memory, how last night went through.

****

“Girl, you serious?” So eun eyes wondered around the club, quite surprise with the calmness of the place. “This is it?” Her eyes blinked a few times, head scrunched, and lower lip bitten.

“Haha, what were you thinking?” Boa nudged her.

“A little more… wild? Dancing? Loud music?”

“Ok, let me tell you sis, this place is called a bar, not disco. Second, I enjoy my weekend drinking session, not dancing through wild music. Third, actually you can meet a lot of decent guys here. When I said decent, at least you’ll make out not in some cheap motel where the hygiene is questionable.” Boa explained calmly, sipped her drinks and occasionally, winked her eyes to one guy she’s been targeting since they step in.

“Uh huh? That’s it? This is actually kind of ok, at least no loud music and wild dancing floor, but still smell of alcohol and smoke.” So eun scrunched her face, noting her dislike for the smell of it.

“Told you. Now excuse me, I think I may have score somebody tonight,” she smiled joyously and stood up. She flipped her hair and lowered down her dress, revealing her upper bosom. “How do I look?”

“Perfect.” A guy came over, eyeing on Boa and added his comment, “And looking lovely.” Boa smiled sheepishly, glows all over her face. He offered his hand and she took it happily, “Shall we?” She simply nods and his hand suddenly pulled her by the waist. “I like this way better.” Boa laughed, definitely enjoy his attempt of courtship and willingly put her hand around his waist.

“Wait!” So eun hurriedly stood up and whispered to her friend, “You’re leaving me alone??”

“You’ll be fine, there’s a guy eyeing you this whole time, I’m sure he’ll make a move once we’re off. Actually there’s more than one, well I can just say, choose wisely babe, and have fun!” She whispered back and went off with her date.

So eun just stared at their backs blankly, now walking away whispering to each other ears while their hands were all over each other. “Wow, she just leaves me, just like that..” She shrugged, and now eyeing for her prey. Ok, where is the guy? Oh, she spotted him. Suddenly their eyes met, and for a few moments they just locked their eyes together. It was intense and sizzling; her hair went up all over. And she broke the eye contact first.

She monologue, “Ok, ok, what should I do? Winked? Smiled? A crooked smile, or a shy smile or flirtiest smile? Should I go to him or should I wait for him?” She sipped her drink and bit her straw, thinking for her next move when she felt somebody is already in front of her.

“Hi.” Her face turned red, oh, Boa, where are thou?? She gulped and finished her drink, wishing the alcohol would give her enough strength to do whatever needed to be done.

“Hi.”

“How are you?”

You are freaking looking gorgeous! So eun suppressed her giddiness. “I’m good. How are you?”

“Great. What’s your name?”

Should I give a nickname? Ah, screwed it, not like he’ll remember it anyway. “So eun.”

“Hi So eun, I’m Jae rim. Song Jae Rim. Can I buy you a drink?”

You can take me home, hehe.. “Yeah, sure.”

He went off. Oh wow, he’s hot. Draped in black shirt, looking smart and casual, he came back with two drinks in his hand.

“May I sit?”

“Yes, please.”

He handed over her drink.

“You know, I was sitting across the room, looking at you for the past hour. You know why?”

“Why?”

“There are a lot of beautiful women in the room, but I couldn’t take my eyes of you. Because, I find you attractive.”

So eun almost spit in her drink. She rolled her eyes, “Oh my god, that’s so cheesy. You used that, as pick up line? Are you 40?”

“Well, you wearing that dress leading me to say that and that’s not a line, that’s a fact. You don’t find me attractive?”

She laughed. She hasn’t been in this courting and flirting situation for quite some time. Has men evolved to being cheesy monster? “I do, until you open your mouth..”

“You looked beautiful; I should make you laughed more.”

So eun was cringing in delight. He was sure a smooth talker and a total player.

“So, tell me, this how you take girls down? Buy her a drink, compliment her and use cheesy lines?” She asked.

Jaerim laughed a little and smirked. She got it wrong. She was his target all along since that one fateful day, and he approached her on purpose. But, that's not for her to know and not for him to reveal. “You got my game." He played along, flirting unbashedly. "But I guarantee you, you won’t regret to take home a guy that one time you find attractive and cheesy and I can’t assure you won’t not regret it.”

She laughed more. She leisurely eyes his upper body, that black shirt clad his torso perfectly, she almost sure beneath it is pure treasure. Monolid eyes and strong jaw, clean shaven. Even his face is a leisure to look at.

“Ok, I got it. You wanna take me home?”

“Yeah, let’s go.” Jae rim smiled triumphantly and lead the way.