Four

The Girl Who Sees The Future

So eun tapped her lap nervously. It’s not that she never done it before, but, it has been a while. She stood up and look upon the huge swimming pool across the sliding doors, trying to be calm and dial down her nervousness.

He was looking at her from far while preparing their drinks and noticed that she was uncomfortable. He walked towards her, tapped her shoulder and offered her the wine.

She hastily shot down the whole glass and put down her glass on the side table. “Ok, how do we this? How do we proceed?” She asked. He just smiled a little.

“Truthfully, I’ve not done this for, like, spontaneously, so I’m quite nervous.” She rambled on.

“Yeah, I can see that,” he said. He took his drink in one shot but never broke their eye contact. He put down his empty glass on the table and approached her in one stride, taking her by the waist.

So eun gasped at his move but she didn’t push him. Instead, she waited for his next move. His hand trailed down her hairline and down to her cheek and her chin. So eun bit her lower lip and her breath intakes increased as he pulled her closer until their lower body parts were in full contact.  

He whispered in her ear, “Don’t be nervous, I don’t bite. Well, except for certain parts…” So eun giggled in delight. “Really?” She smiled, became a little calmer by his light hearted joke. “I don’t want to be bitten, except for certain parts..” It was Jae rim’s turn to smile delightfully.  

She mustered her courage and cradled his face. She took him by his mouth, gently at first. And slowly their ranging hormone took over and the kiss intensified. He swooped her up, and she comfortably wrapped her legs around his waist while her hand wrapped around his neck. So eun first wish list, fulfilled that night.

**

Ok, to think back, it was not so awkward. In fact, she felt comfortable gazing his morning face. She fixed his hair and sigh a little, knowing her one night stand is only that, for one night. With heavy heart, she removed herself from his hug slowly, not wanting to cause him to awake. She put on her clothes and took her bag, aiming to sneak out and went off.

She opened the front door and gasped. She has momentarily forgotten that this is out of town! How is she going to go back? There was not a single house in her sight, and she looked upon her dead phone, cursing under her breath that her plan was not going as per expectation. Suddenly her stomach growled. Ah, screw it! Let’s just eat here and asked him a ride back home, she said to herself, swallowing her pride and went to the kitchen.

**

 Jae rim eyes were still closed while his hands wondered on his left side, only to be greeted with empty bed. His eyes shot wide open and he sat on his bed, noting So eun was not there, nor her bag and her clothes.

He felt hurt, but he shouldn’t be. Why is he feeling this way? His phone suddenly rings and he picked up lifelessly.

“Hello.”

“Hello, good morning! Why sound so bitter?”

“Nothing. What’s up?”

“What’s up? You tell me what’s up? I saw you with the girl. She’s with you right now, right?”

“No.”

“Yah, don’t bluff. I saw you with my own eyes! So this is it? I’m assuming you’re just having some desert, or have you forgotten about it?”

“No, and I’m alone.”

“Oh come on.. Jae rim, don’t forget. Never forget.”

“Haven’t you seen a drama?”

“I don’t like theatricality.”

“I don’t care.”

“You should care, I’m part of this. You don’t ruin it cause this is not just about you.”

Jae rim smells something nice. He grinned widely, knowing she was still in his house and she must have been cooking their breakfast.

“Whatever, am going. See you when I see you.”

“Jae rim, don’t you hang up on me!” He put his phone down and almost jumped out of bed gleefully. And he saw her back in the kitchen, stirring the dish in the pot.

He hugged her from the back and whispered in her ear seductively, “Good morning, baby.”

So eun was a little taken aback but wasn’t so surprised as she heard Jae rim’s phone conversation. Not that she heard word by word, but his phone call picked her curiosity. What drama does he watch? Does he like “You from Another Star”? She loved it to bits; maybe she could spread her love for that drama to him…

“I thought you left.”

“I was leaving, but, I don’t know where I am and my phone is dead. Plus, I’m hungry.  You know, after all what we did last night, I’m drained.” So eun said.

“I’m hungry, for food, and........ for you.” So eun giddily laughed. Well, she actually shared his sentiment, but not to dare to bring it up.

Jae rim eyes closed as he breathed in her hair. Why was he enjoying her company so much? That was not right. His inner self turmoil makes him felt headache, he brushed his thoughts off, and just want to savor the present moment.

“Hungry? Here, try.” She spooned him the soup and he looked satisfied. “Taste great, like someone I know.” He teased.

So eun just shook her head. This guy was seriously living up her fantasy world. Last night was amazing, but this morning he just act like a doting boyfriend, she shuddered to think how much she likes it, and tell herself to just enjoy the moment and not to think much about later.

“So eun.”

“Hmm.”

“Wanna spend your weekend with me?” Jae rim asked while still hugging her back.

So eun suppressed her smile, and sheepishly turned around and wrapped her hands around his neck. “Thought you’d never ask. I’d love to!” She gave a quick peck to his lips, savoring every moment while it last.