Ten

The Girl Who Sees The Future

Boyoung arrived at the police headquarters in no time. Her mission is clear as crystal, she will catch Heejun this time. But the moment she stepped into the room her heart almost fell.

“Who are you??!!!” She immediately took out her gun and pointed towards Jaerim. The rest of the team was shocked.

“Everybody, keep away from him! Who are you?!! Reveal yourself!” Boyoung feel like she was losing her mind. “Sora, read his freakish mind!”

Jaerim was astounded. “Boyoung, what you’re doing? It’s me.”

“Sora, I said read his mind!”

“Boyoung, he’s only shock to see you like this, he’s been thinking about Soeun, he thought she’s with you.” Sora reluctantly explained. Great, now her power is Jaerim’s as well, she sighed.

Boyoung sat down in shocked. “Oh my god, what did I do? Soeun…” Tears welled up in her eyes.

Jaerim read her mind and started to pull his hair, “Damn it! Yoonseok, trace Soeun’s phone, now!”

**

“Jaerim, this guy, Heejun, did you meet him? This past 2 weeks?” Soeun asked.

“No, he was too good.” His right hand was playing with Soeun’s hair while his other hand lingered around her waist. He kissed her temple, breathing in the sweet scent of her hair. “Hmm, I never thought you’d grow up so nicely. You were such a crybaby.” His hand now creeps inside her shirt.

“Oppa, I don’t think it’s the right time.” Soeun pushed his hand away.

“Oh, don’t be shy.” Heejun pushed her down and hovered over her chest. “You’re so fine.”

“Oppa..” Soeun blinked her eyes furiously; she suddenly saw a vision of the future and shivered in fear.

“Get off me, you freaking bas***d!!” Soeun gathered her strength and pushed Heejun away. She ran away as far as she could.

Heejun laughed. “Where are you running babe? You don’t like Jaerim? I can be someone else, who do you like? So ji sub? Kang dong won?”

Soeun can only run so far, Heejun just dragged her back with the power of his mind and pinned her down to the bed.

“Please, please don’t.” Soeun begged. “Shut up.” Heejun forced to close. His hands were all over her.

“God, no wonder Jaerim couldn’t stop thinking about you, you’re so hot.” His mind was clouded with lust. Soeun could not move at all nor could she speak. She could only silently cry, praying that somebody would come to her rescue.

“Get the hell off her!” Jaerim grabbed Heejun and throwed him off the bed. Heejun cursed in silent. He was too occupied feeding his lust that his planned was thrown off the course. Using mind trickery, he tried to appear invincible to the team.

Only Jaerim could see him as he has absorbed Heejun’s mind manipulation power. The rest of the team were blinded and could not see Heejun which gave an advantage to him to attack them who were defenseless.

To make Jaerim occupied, he lifted Soeun from bed and throwed her off the window. Soeun ‘s body crashed the window and flew out the villa which was situated at the edge of a cliff. Soeun’s almost fell off the cliff only to be stopped by Jaerim’s power of mind.

“Soeun!” He rushed over her, feared for her life and his child’s.

Yoona rushed over to Soeun who was bath in blood. She tried to heal her wound, but the baby could not survive. “I’m sorry, the baby..”

“No!” Jaerim shouted.

Heejun did not waste any time and started his assault on the others. “Seunggi, he’s on your right!” Sora exclaimed as she still able to read Heejun’s mind although he appeared invincible to her. Seunggi launched a forcefield attack on his right side blindly with no actual aim. Heejun who was aware Sora’s mind reading power averted Seunggi’s attack effortlessly and attempted to stab Sora’s chest with a knife. However, he was stopped by bullet shots from Boyoung to his hands and his legs.

“Sh**!” He cursed. Jaerim was the one guiding Boyoung’s gun which allowed her to shot him on target.

As Heejun battled with his pain, he could no longer control the team’s mind. Jaerim dragged Heejun to the yard and beat him to a pulp.

“Jaerim, it’s enough,” Seunggi said as he pulled Jaerim’s away from Heejun.

“It’s over, it’s over.”

**

Soeun opened her eyes only to be greeted by Jaerim’s sleeping face. He was holding her hand and sleep while seating on the side chair. Soeun eyes wondered and everything seems white. It must be the hospital, she said to herself. Instinctively, she caressed her stomach.

She vaguely remembered her ride in the ambulance.

“It’s ok, Soeun, you’ll be fine..” Yoona said to her while holding her hand.

“My baby?”

Yoona just shook her head silently.

“I’m sorry baby.” Soeun silently whispered as tears strolled down her cheeks.

Jaerim stirred and woke up only to be greeted by crying Soeun. He wiped her tears and kept holding her right hand. “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you better.” He climbed her bed and they both hugged in silence, consoling each other for the loss of their unborn child.

**

4th May 2016.

She breathed in heavily. “Omma!” Soeun yelped in pain.

“Jagi, you’re almost there.” Jaerim hold her hands tightly although Soeun’s death gripped felt like bone crushing.

Soeun screamed in pain. Then she breaks down crying. “Jagi, you can do it.”

Soeun gathered her strength and gave one final pushed.

Then they heard the baby crying; Soeun collapsed in relief.

**

One year ago she thought that day was the day she will die. Never has she been more grateful, it turns out to be the day she gave birth to a new life.

She stared at the baby who was sleeping peacefully in her arm.

“Hi!” Jaerim came in with a tray of food. “He’s sleeping,” Soeun mouthed. Jaerim almost tiptoed towards Soeun, trying to not make a sound. After he put down the tray, he took the baby from Soeun and put him in the cribs.

Jaerim then joined to seat with Soeun on the bed. Soeun rest her head on his chest while their hands were over each other’s waist.

“Do you want to eat?”

“Later.. let stay like this for a while.” Soeun said while keeping her eyes closed, listening to his heartbeat, feeling peaceful and contented with the moment.

“Jaerim..”

“hmmm..”

“Thank you. For being by my side.”

Jaerim smiled bitterly. His nature of work forced him to always work late or outstation. He was just glad he could make it to support his wife delivering their child.

“No jagi, thank you. Thank you for understanding of my work. Thank you for carrying and delivering our child. Just, thank you for everything,” he said.

Soeun smiled in his embrace. “You’re welcome.”

“And I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Then the baby started crying. They said in unison, “We love you too,” and laughed. Life might not always be happy and blissful; however, having experience near death moment makes they appreciate every moment of their life, cherishing each other with care and love, hopefully, till the end of their lives.