Tragedies

Waking Up to a Dream

Good evening, I am Kim Kibum, and tonight, we have breaking news about major boyband DaeGukNamAh. Apparently, it's been several days since the youngest member, the dancer and rapper, Jeon Jihwan, or Jay, has moved out of their dormitories. In that time, he has managed to contact his company in an attempt to annul his contract and keep out of any more DaeGukNamAh activities. For now, there is no word either from him, the rest of the group, or his company to tell why he has made such drastic decisions, but we will be prying into their personal business. You can trust us on that.

Up next, we have a report on the recent trend of dubstep breaks in literally every song since Hyuna's "Bubble Pop." Here to comment is renowned songwriter, Dap SeuTep.


Sitting on the table in the kitchen, the four members were disturbingly silent, none of them knowing what to say. Considering all that had happened, it was safe to say that they were all hurt, but none more so than Injun. The others tried to comfort him, even though they pretty much blamed him for the incident, and Injun knew that as well. While they had gathered to try to discuss some ways to deal with this incident, though instead of actually talking, they were all crying and lamenting. And to make matters worse, Injun's...

It had been several days, but the pain of it all had yet to wear off. Mika was about to say something, but decided against it when Injun was struck with another wave of sobbing, to which Karam made no move to comfort him. Hyunmin had to give him a look that said "give him a break" before he stood up to take the crying man in his arms. Across from them, Mika was thinking of ways to keep them together, though things were unraveling too fast, getting out hand, which the public watched and loved to talk about. Just when they had gotten their thrones in the music industry, this had to happen, and it was really frustrating, to be honest. Though again, no one felt worse about it than Injun.

"Guys," Mika sighed sadly, "we need to figure out what we're going to do. Obviously, Jay isn't coming back--" Injun flinched at the mention of his name "--and we're going to be flooded with questions. I know it's hard, especially for you Injun, but we need answers to give."

"You know what I think?" Karam shrugged, sounding miffed. "We should just tell them the truth. Why do we all have to bear something that was taken way too far this time?"

"Because, Karam," Hyunmin sighed, holding Injun tighter as he cried even harder, "we've been together way too long and have been through too much to act like you are right now."

"Well then, maybe I should have left as well."

With those words, Karam stood up from the table and went to his room without saying anything else, leaving the other two to comfort Injun. For the thousandth time since everything went downhill, Injun apologized. And while Mika and Hyunmin couldn't say that they had completely forgiven him yet, they reassured their friend that they were there for him. Because in a time like this, they needed to remember that deep down, they were good friends who had stuck together since their training days, unsure if they would ever get to sing for a crowd. No matter what, they promised they would stay friends.

In order to uphold that promise, Hyunmin was holding Injun even as he started crying himself, and Mika the kettle for some chamomile tea to soothe their nerves. Also, Mika set out some cookies and ice cream for the empty holes in their hearts as they waited. After all, if their hearts were empty, what was the sense in having empty stomachs as well? So in silence they sat, pouring on the ice cream and cookies, all topped with a heavy amount of chocolate syrup, sure to turn into a stomachache that would hopefully distract from the heartache. Eventually, Karam sensed the amount of sugar about the house and went to go check, though still pretty much keeping to himself.

When they were finished, they began to talk to calmly as they sipped their tea. Karam suggested that they invent some dispute, but Hyunmin didn't want to say anything at all. Mika would have loved to keep silent on the subject, but he knew that the public would not give them rest until they found something to sate their appetite for gossip. At one point, Injun suggested that he be let go from the group as well, but the others vehemently opposed the thought. The last thing that they needed was to become even more divided. Way more than once, they had tried to call Jay to plan how to go about this whole ordeal discreetly, but he couldn't answer his phone. Especially not when...

That night, there was nothing left to do but give up and go to bed, except for Injun, who told the others that he was going to go out for a drive. The others were a little worried at the implications, but they let him go. Almost as soon as Injun sat on the driver's seat and started the engine, his tears started flowing in the lonely car. He set to driving along the city without a particular destination in mind, merely embracing the comfort of driving aimlessly. For just a while, his mind was devoid of any of the happenings of the past week, though the emptiness allowed his tears to flow even more heavily.

Try as he might, Injun couldn't help but end up at the scene of the accident, which probably wasn't even an accident. The fence was dented and the wall of the building still had some traces of blood that made Injun's own curdle. How anyone could have had the strength to do this to themselves was a mystery to him. Then again, he could guess that enough heartbreak or enough sadness could replace all of the fear and the uncertainty, all of which made Injun's heart rent in two. Looking at the scene, he could feel every ounce of his guilt return, and the act of the person who did this was starting to sound good to him as well. In the end, however, he couldn't do it, and instead started up his car again to drive to the hospital for what seemed like the hundredth time, and yet there was never any change.

What he didn't notice was that Jay also came, but went to hide when he recognized Injun's car. The youngest member looked on with longing and with love, but most of all with guilt at the other man, thinking that he could never forgive himself for all that had happened.


"What are you going to do if...you know, he wakes up?"

"I don't know yet."

"Seriously? If I were you I'd--"

"I know. But how can I ever expect him to forgive me? What I did was..."

"It hurt him, yes, but it's hurting you as well, and I know he'll be man enough to recognize that."

"What I think, though, is that you're kind of...happy?"

"That's a strong word. You deserve it, is what I think. I'm sorry."

"No, I understand. But this? Come on, can't you have at least a smidgen of heart?"

"...nope, sorry. Remember, though, if he wakes up, I'm going to support him whatever he chooses to do."

"Okay. And I need you to promise me that you'll support my decisions too, whatever they may be."

"That doesn't sound good."

"Because it's not..."

"Alright, I promise. Though, you're scaring me, I have to say."

"You deserve it."

"Hahaha, touche."