don't worry, there's quantum physics.

smoke and misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t think much about the future.” Kyungsoo murmured, as if he didn’t want to be listened to, but something begged within his voice to be heard.

He walked across the room and passed Baekhyun without a glimpse – escaping eye contact. He just poured himself a cup of coffee b to the top of his mug, because, if he had me the other’s eyes, he might have slipped and told the truth.

“Me either.” Baekhyun spoke loudly, taking initiative in enforcing their conversation. He wanted things to go somewhere. Not to be stuck within a vortex, which consisted of 4AM coffee drinking, cloudy smoky surroundings, and their daddy-issues. Because now that there was depth to those things, he wanted there to be depth within everything between them. He was tired of sitting there, with his ankles only dipped shyly into the water.

“But, sometimes I think of a future with you,”

“Kyungsoo,”

“I really like you.”

Kyungsoo stopped as the warm, sweet liquid touched his lips. Fortunately, none of the liquid had entered his mouth or it would have been spit out from the jolt that those words carried. It was explosive. How was he supposed to piece his composure back together?

“I…” He started.

Like you too.

Is what he wanted to say, but the words were refusing to form on his tongue, making it impossible for them to reach his trembling lips.

“No one really thinks of the future, Baekhyun.”

 “We’re still kids and-”

“Kyungsoo,” The older boy interrupted, “Don’t you have something to say to that?”

“It’s the first time I’ve said it to you.”

“Out loud.”

Kyungsoo was caught in a stand still with his face and chest frozen.

“-and no one really thinks about their future. They just pretend and bull everything until something in life turns out right.”

Baekhyun only chewed on the bottom of his lips. Well, if that were true he wanted to bull it with Kyungsoo. All of it.

It was the first time for Baekhyun for a lot of things at this moment of his life. The first time that he had fallen for a boy. One with a disgusting habit. The first time he shared with someone the details of why he switched majors to piano, the ones that made his toes curl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter