Chapter 1

Living A Nightmare

I’m writing this short fanfic because I had a similar dream to this. I changed it around a little here and there but I just thought it would be a good idea to make it into a short story. It will probably be around 5 or 6 chapters maximum. Hope you enjoy it ^^ please don't forget to check out my other works!

***
 

Ever since my mother helplessly remarried, everything had gone down the drain. Living in a not so fitted house at a corner near the park... It didn't feel right. I still couldn't believe what everything had turned into. I saw my mum getting beat up and.. I can't even say no further. It was painful but there wasn't anything I could do. He threatened me and abused me if I came between them. My mother wasn't fit at all. She was a very fragile and weak woman. I really wanted to do something about it but what could I do? Being afraid to leave this house when I have to because of not wanting to let anything happen to my mother again.. When will it stop? I wasn't a strong person at all and from the top of my wishlist, I really wish I was..

I came back from university at 6:30pm. When I got home I saw my mother sat on the sofa almost like she had fainted. I rushed to her and examined her quickly as I called "omma!.. omma?!!" Thankfully her eyes slowly opened upon hearing my words. I rushed to the kitchen for a glass of water whilst my eyes were full of tears. I brought the glass to for her to drink and as soon as she finished I heard the sound of a key unlocking a door. I quickly laid the glass to the table beside me and sat down next to my mum whilst side hugging her with my right arm. As footsteps reached the living room I glanced at him quickly and drew my attention away. He threw the keys on the table and continued walking to the bedroom as if he had had a rough day. My body was shaking at the amount of anger and hurt that was inside of me. I was about to stand up but my mother grabbed on to me giving me a look of reassurance. "Naeun-ah.. I'm okay now. Thank you for taking care of me" she spoke to which I couldn't help but look at her with a confused expression. "You must have had a rough day, I'll warm up your dinner for you" she said as she headed to the kitchen. I knew she was acting.. I could see how much pain it gave her to take a few steps.. As soon as her sight left me, my tears starting falling down to my chin. "Why?" I thought to myself. I sniffed and tried to endure it a little but I could still feel anger in me. I walked to the kitchen seeing my mum and back hugged her gently. "Don't worry mum. I promise I will find myself a decent job and then we can move to a really nice house and just the two of us together, And..just... Be happy.." I spoke as I couldn't hide my tears any longer. I could feel my mother’s body shaking inside as I let those words out.. She turned to me whilst looking at me face to face. She lightly laughed and sniffed at me as she wiped away my tears. "Let's eat, okay?" She said with an exhausted yet bright smile.

***

Another day came and I had left for university. I met up with my friend Hayoung later in the park at the campus. She couldn't stop talking about how she couldn't wait to leave for her family vacation to Turkey in two week. I was happy for her but, listening to such things would make me feel like a small rock in front of her. I tried to look like I cared and was happy for her but it just came out differently than I wanted.. Almost as if I didn't even try. "Okay Naeun unnie! Tell me, what's up?" Hayoung asked with a firm expression on her face. "You've been acting weird lately and it's almost as if I found myself a new Naeun." I looked at her and took in her words. "It's nothing.." I said as I tried to draw the attention away from her question. "Something is up with you, I'm sure of it, and I want to know." She told me to which I sighed. "It's just a mood swing" I added. She was right, but I couldn't tell her my problems, especially not before her leaving on vacation. That would put her down and I wouldn't want that. "Agh.. Unnie, please.. If something's bothering you.." I stopped her right there and added "it’s okay Hayoung. It really is just a mood swing. I guess because of all that university work and having to take care of my family duties, I'm just a little tired, that's all.." Hayoung squinted her eyes and gave me the 'are you sure' look to which I responded with a nod. “Well, don't push yourself too much okay?" Hayoung spoke as she stood up from the blanket where we were sat on in the park. "I better get to my lecture. Call me when you finish." Hayoung said as she walked off. It was just me here, sitting comfortably on the blanket that was covering the grass and orange leaves that had fallen from the trees. It was autumn and the whole park looked beautiful with the orange coloured leaves on the trees. Me and Hayoung would come to the park once in a while and have a mini picnic. It did slightly help with my worries.. Maybe I should take my mum here next time..

As I looked ahead of me I saw two guys sitting on a table bench a little far from me. As soon as I saw a familiar face I got it! It was Sehun. Ever since he started talking to Hayoung they became a little closer. Since then I had a feeling Sehun might like Hayoung. Especially because of the ways he would stare at her. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise I was looking at Sehun and.. He was looking at me whilst saying something to the friend beside him. The other guy turned to look at me and I widened my eyes at what was happening in front of me. I turned my gaze to my blanket and couldn't believe they were talking about me. Why couldn’t I? I was the one who was staring at them and even without realising. I once again looked up. But rather than both pair of eyes looking at me I only saw one. He had a cap on.. A little dark skinned and.. He was very good looking. I once again didn't realise my eyes were attached to him until he gave me a light smile. My eyes widened again and fidgeted whilst half-smiling at him and quickly turned my gaze to elsewhere. My heart felt warm in that instant. What's happening? I thought to myself as I tried figuring out why I was feeling like this. Is this what they call.. Love at first sight? I looked straight ahead to find him having a conversation with Sehun and laughing brightly. My cheeks felt hotter as the light breeze hit me. He turned to look at me again, this time with a little confused expression. By then I had had enough of me not knowing where to keep my eyes. I glanced away from him and packed up my stuff and blanket to leave. My heart was pumping faster as I walked off with my stuff.

Kai's POV

"Who is she?" I asked Sehun as I could tell he had seen her before. "Aah, that's Hayoung's friend. You know the girl I told you about? Yeah basically her friend." I took another look at her sitting there as if she was zoning out but actually looking at me. I decided to give her a smile but.. I guess I shouldn't have as I could tell she felt a little uncomfortable by it. "Why? You interested in her?" Sehun asked to which I laughed loudly. "Why? I can't ask who she is without being questioned something like that?" I added. "Pfft, that's all bluff" Sehun sarcastically said to which I looked back at her. This time she was getting ready to leave which put my mood a little off. Maybe I should have walked over to her when I had the chance.

Naeun's POV

I finished university and headed home. I unlocked the door to the house and walked inside being worried about the condition of my mother. But as I reached the living room I heard noises from the bedroom.. The kind that.. I wish I never had heard..