Time to Talk

New Start, New Blood, New Love

AN: Okay, before we get started, I just wanted to say we will now be diving into a new but CRUCIAL part of the story. Character's thoughts!!! Everyone will have a different color (Probably) so I wanted to make a code for you here!!!

Baekhyun   Minseok   Chanyeol   Chen

Also, I changed things in Chapter 5. Read through it again, or else you'll be confused in the future. 

Okay, story time!!!


For a while after Chanyeol and Chen were introduced to the others, no one really said a word. Most of the others were sizing up theie new partners Luhan just brought in, except Lay, Baekhyun, and Xiumin. Those three were doing something completely different.

 

Lay was just playing on his phone, waiting for someone to talk. Considering he'd already met Chen and Chanyeol earlier today, he didn't need to do the whole size up the newbies tactic that the others always insisted on doing.

 

But Minseok and Baekhyun were staring for a completely different reason. Even different from Lay, and the crazy thing was they couldn't tell you what they were feeling.

 

Baekhyun just looked at Chanyeol for a few more seconds, then forced himself to look at the wall behind his head. 'Why is my heart pounding? And this weird feeling in my stomach. This hasn't happened since......him.'  Baekhyun suddenly stiffened at the onslaught of memories that flooded his brain, but soon relaxed, glancing around to make sure no one saw. When he deemed himself safe, Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol, only to find the younger staring right at him. Needless to say, Baekhyun soon looked down at his feet again.

 

Xiumin was looking at everything and everyone, but everytime his eyes landed on Chen, he'd stare for a few more seconds than everyone else. Then he'd go right back to looking at everything else, so he didn't draw attention to himself. "This is a new feeling for me. My stomach feels like it's on a rollercoaster......what's going on?'  Xiumin looked cofused for a minute, but soon realized Chen kept staring at him, so he put an emotionless expression on his face. 

 

"Okay guys, would someone talk?!?! This is freaking me out!" Luhan shouted at everyone, not liking the silence. Kris laughed at Luhan's behavior, still not believing this girly-faced semi scardey cat is older. The others just chuckled at Luhan's behavior, and someone finally spoke up to stop Luhan from embarassing himself any further.

 

"Okay Luhan, we get it. Silence scares you. But you know that you're ruining your manly image, right?" Luhan squealed hearing this, then quickly stopped and looked down in embarassment and what Xiumin told him. Everyone laughed at Luhan again, but Chen just stared at Xiumin. 'So that's what he looks like......glad I can finally put a face to that voice. And......a pretty attracive face at that.'  Chen soon stopped his train of thought, because Suho suddenly turned to talk to him and Chanyeol.

 

"So, you guys are the newbies, right?" Chen snickered, making everyone raise a brow. No one had ever really laughed in any way when seriousy addressed by Suho. To actually see someone have that reaction was a little shocking to everyone else. Chanyeol just looked at his feet, shuffling them every so often.

 

"Well, we're newbies in this group. I'd like to think that we're pretty good at what we do, since we've been doing it for about...four years now?" Chen asked, looking at Chanyeol. Both were too busy trying to figure out how long they've been detectives to see everyone else's huge eyes. Needless to say, all of them were shocked at this information.

 

"Four years?! How come you guys are just now being transferred here?!" Baekhyun asked, making Chanyeol stare at him, then look away quickly. 'There's that voice again. His face kind of reminds me of a puppy. But the secret he's hiding must be big......his eyes give it away.'  Chanyeol knew he shouldn't be probing other people's minds. Chen told him how rude and dangerous it could be. But there were times when he could't help it. This was one of those times.

 

"Beats me. All I know is that this place is way more hectic than our hometown police station."  Chen said, lightly nudging Chanyeol in the side. He could tell by the look on Chanyeol's face what the younger was doing. Chen was slightly irritated, he even told him not to use his......ability until such a time when they'd need it arose. Chanyeol soon snapped out of it, and looked up as if nothing had happened.

 

"Well, maybe Sooman was waiting for you guys to get more experience under your belt. But that's beside the point, I just wanted to say welcome to this extremely hardworking, yet crazy division." Suho smiled when many cries of outrage or sadness came out of the other members at his proclomation. Chen laughed at everyone's behavior, Chanyeol just smiled.

 

"Haha, thanks! This place is just full of life. I can already tell we're both gonna like it here. Right, Yeol?" This time, Chen smacked Chanyeol's head, causing Chanyeol to squawk in surprise, and everyone else's eyes to widen. Chanyeol rubbed his head, then shoved Chen lightly, while he was laughing at the younger who was pouting. 

 

"Come on! How many times have I told you you're stronger than you look?! Obviously not enough, because you keep hitting me!!!" Chanyeol yelled, while smacking Jongdae's head in retialiation. Everyone's eyes widened even more at the sound of Chanyeol's voice, excluding Luhan and Lay, who already knew what Chanyeol sounded like.

 

'Holy crap......that's a deep voice. It doesn't match his face. But I really like it......way too much, since I've only seen this guy once in my life.' Baekhyun started to feel his face heat up, so he looked at the ground again. This Chanyeol guy had this effect on him, and Baekhyun wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing yet.

 

"Well, since we know your names, is it alright if we ask you a few questions about yourselves?" Kris asked, wanting to put his skills to use on their new partners. Everyone else nodded, wanting to know more as well. Chanyeol looked at Chen, shrugged, then answered for both of them.

 

"Sure, why not? It's not like we have anything better to do. We literally just moved to Seoul about...30 minutes ago?" Chanyeol asked Chen, who nodded when he thought for a minute. Tao choked on his spit, causing everyone to look at him with strange looks on their faces.

 

"30 minutes ago?! You've been in Seoul for 30 minutes, and the first thing you do is come to work?! What's wrong with you?!?!" Tao shouted at Chen and Chanyeol, causing both men to burst into uncontrollable laughter. When they calmed down, Chen spoke.

 

"Well, since we just moved here, we know nothing of the area. What else are we going to do, sit around and blow bubbles?" Everyone smirked, except for Xiumin, who outright snickered at Chen's sassy comeback.

 

'So he's funny to...it's definitely a good thing, but why I feel so giddy because of this, I have no clue.' Xiumin noticed Chen staring at him again, so he quickly looked in a different direction, a faint blush covering his cheeks. Chen grinned at Xiumin's reaction, but quickly turned to Suho, who started talking again.

 

"Well, you guys seem qualified enough, solving crimes in your hometown for about four years, and now you've been promoted to this place. Once again, sorry about my underling's behavior." Everyone groaned again, while Kyungsoo just raised an eyebrow.

 

"Um, excuse me Suho, but I think we all know I'm the true mastermind here, which means all of you are MY underlings." Chen and Chanyeol riased an eyebrow, while Luhan and Kai nodded.

 

"He's right Suho. I'm pretty sure Kyungsoo can kick your in any situation regarding blood. I mean, what kind of police leader can't handle blood?!" Kai laughed at his own burn, Sehun and Tao laughing with him. Everyone else just shook their heads, chuckling at the antics of the maknae like. Suho just sighed, then turned back to Chen and Chanyeol.

 

"Okay, now I have a question for you guys. Why did you want to be transferred here? Your old town must've loved you, from what I read on your resume. Why would they let you guys go?" When the words left Suho's mouth, he wished he could take them back. Chanyeol's facial expression broke, showing raw grief and anger, before he looked down, rubbing his neck. Chen got a faraway look in his eyes before focusing back on Suho, all playfulness gone in his tone of voice.

 

"If it's all the same to you, we'd rather not say right now. It's......a personal matter." Suho nodded, while everyone else looked on, curiosity clearly showing on their faces. These two seemed like happy-go-lucky people, so for them to have a complete personality switch, made everyone realize something. This secret of theirs must have messed them up in a big way.

 

"Okay, you guys don't have to tell us. You actually don't have to tell us ever, if you don't want to. We're cool with that." Lay said to Chanyeol and Chen, when both had composed themselves enough. Chen nodded, a grateful smile on his face, while Chanyeol just stared, obviously still lost in the past. Chen had to pinch his side to get Chanyeol back to reality. Soon, Chanyeol was checked back into the situation, and Suho cleared his throat.

 

"Well, now that you've heard all that, let me introduce you. The guy with the angry bird face is Kris," Said man let out a squawked at how he was described, " The maknae line: Panda boy is Tao, Ice Prince over there is Sehun, and the last maknae with the tan skin is Kai." All three men waved, smiling slightly. Except for Sehun, he still had his poker face up.

 

"You already know Luhan and Lay, so no introduction needed for them. The guy with the owl eyes is Kyungsoo. He's also a genius. Beware though, he can be an evil vengeful son of a gun. Don't make him angry." Everyone behind Suho nodded, while Kyungsoo smiled, glad he was feared by everyone. Chen and Chanyeol gulped, knowing he'd be the first one they'd accidentally piss off.

 

"And for the last members. Baekhyun and Xiumin." Suho pointed to each boy when he said their names, which led to Chanyeol and Chen to stare at them again. For them, it was nice to put a name to a face.

 

'So Baekhyun is his name......I like it. Sounds nice'  Chanyeol smirked at his own thoughts, but soon looked at Chen, only to see him staring at Xiumin. 'Well at least I know I'm not the only one here.'  Chanyeol saw Baekhyun staring at him, so he decided to do something he doesn't really do anymore. Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun. And when Baekhyun smiled back, Chanyeol swore he saw a magical light shine on him.

 

'So that'shis name. Xiumin......it's a great name for him. Although I think baozi would be better. But is he really Chinese? He looks Korean.'  Chen stared at Xiumin some more, before realizing that Suho was talking to them. He then put most of his attention on Suho, but occasionally glaced at Xiumin. Unbeknownst to him, however, Xiumin would steal glances at him as well.

 

"So, these guys are your new partners! I hope you come to like it here!" Kyungsoo finished before Suho could utter the last words, making Suho whine like a little girl. This just cemented Kyungsoo's belief that he's the real leader around here. But soon, the fun and games stopped, for a police officer ran into the 2nd Division office.

 

"Guys, there's another case for you! Soo-Man wanted you guys to have this specific case." Everyone looked at each other, and nodded. It was time to get to work.

 

Let the games begin...


Hey guys. I'm sorry that this is later than I wanted it to be. But I got some pretty shocking news all in the span of four days, and I don't know how my last two years of high school are going to turn out.

Basically, the Percussion Director is quitting, the Third Band Director is moving to Houston, and the HEAD BAND DIRECTOR is moving to Georgia because his wife got an amazing job offer......in Georgia.

I've kind of been stressing out over this. Mostly because I have no idea what the band's future is now. I mean, three out of the five directors aren't coming back next year!!! What does that mean for everyone else?!?!

 

Sorry. I had to get that off of my chest.

But, I'm glad I finally got this finished. Hopefully I can write without having to worry about anything else like this happening in the future.

So, sorry it's late, but please comment, subscribe, and upvote!!! It makes me happy to see all of these things happen. And it makes me write faster, believe it or not.

Okay, I'm going to go to sleep now. See ya!!!

~~~~~~~bubble1765