Prep Before Actual Meeting

New Start, New Blood, New Love

As soon as Luhan and Lay got to the police station, they dragged Rob to booking. Because even though both men were respected detectives, sometimes the had to do the work no one wanted to do. Which was almost always drag someone to booking.

 

You see, booking is where all of the creeps and perps went before being locked up in a prison for their allotted time. Deciding how long someone wuld stay in prison could take from an hour to a week. So, if you bring criminals to booking, you'll most likely see people you've arrested in the past week or yesterday. And dear lord did these soon-to-be prisoners love to taunt. Taunting was their favorite pass time.

 

"Hey, if it isn't the little deer and the majestic unicorn! Hey, I heard you and your pretty boy partners arrested my brother earlier this week! Who's next, my mom too?!" A prisoner originally from America, Hillary Graham, was arrested for trying to bring her heroine business to South Korea. Luckily, the 2nd Division shut her down before it could take off. Unluckily, her brother was in the same business, and decided to start again where his sister Hillary left off.

 

They stopped him as well, needless to say. But ever since her little brother got arrested, Hillary had sworn vengance on the people that ruined her family's life.

 

"No Hillary." That's all Lay said as Luhan was getting Rob's fingerprints and photo was added to the criminal database. While that was going on, more prisoners noticed Luhan and Lay in the vicinity. 2nd division had put many of those guys behind bars, so many people thought this would be their chance for a little payback.

 

"Oh, what did this poor soul do? He probably just called the little deer adorable. Lord knows that'll piss him off." All of the prisoners hooted and cackled at the statement, while Luhan's jaw just clenched. He knew the comments shouldn't get to him, but no one messes with Luhan's manly reputation. No one, especially some punk prisoners.

 

"No actually. Its not my place to say while he's here, but why don't you ask him for yourself? Since family means so much to you guys, his crime might be dishonorable to your so-called code." With that, Luhan and Lay left booking, leaving Rob with all of the prisoners circling him like vultures looking down on their next meal. Needless to say, Rob is probably peeing his pants right now.

 

As they were walking back, Luhan kept clenching and unclenching his fists. Luhan has had many bad expeiences with the word adorable, so every time the word was directed at him, he'd either clench his fist, or get this faraway look in his eyes.

 

"Hey Luhan, you okay?" Lay shook Luhan out of his daze, the deer's eyes finally coming back into focus. Luhan would always get this faraway look in his eyes when that word was uttered, so the 2nd Division made sure to never say it in his presence.

 

"Yeah Lay, I'm fine. Just...thinking about the past too much. I'm fine now though. What did you want to tell me?" Luhan asked Lay. The latter sighed, knowing he wouldn't get anything out of the older anytime soon. Everyone in the 2nd Division had their secrets, and everyone liked that they had a little bit of privacy in this dysfunctional work family. But all of the secrecy wad starting to wear at Lay's infinite amount of patience.

 

"Do you want to tell the others about out surprise meeting with Jongdae and Chanyeol? You can bet the others will be surprised." Lay smiled at Luhan, momentarily forgetting his frustrations. Lay knew he wouldn't be able to hide his thoughts for much longer, but for now he could pretend like everything was alright.

 

"Oh, that'll be fun, lets do it!" Luhan smiled, completely oblivious to what was going on in Lay's head. No one could really tell anyway, so most people liked to keep it that way. Going inside anyone's private thoughts was scary for all of them, considering some people's past has a lot of blood involved.

 

"Hey guys, we have an announcement!" Luhan yelled into the 2nd Division's main room. And since everyone was doing their own thing, no one listened to Luhan. Not even Sehun.

 

"Yo, while you guys were slacking off, Luhan and I were catching the bad guy Kris got a confession out of today!" Lay yelled to everyone. This made Kris look up from his work, which was actually Kris playing Crossy Roads.

 

"Whoop-dee-freaking doo. You guys want a medal or something?" Kai said from the side. A few people smirked at that, others snickered, and some people still didn't care. Those special few were Xiumin and Baekhyun. They just wanted to go home now.

 

"No, just shut up Kai. But, we did meet some very interesting people." That caught eight people's attention. The two that still didn't care were still playing on their phone. Needless to say, Baekhyun and Xiumin were pretty much done with this day. But the next announcement turned even their heads.

 

"We got to meet Chanyeol and Chen before all of you lazy bums!" Lay and Luhan said, smiling like kids in a candy store. Even if the others were miffed about new partners at first, everyone was curious. So, naturally, the response to that statement was the same throughout the room.

 

"WHAT?!?!" At that proclamation from everyone else, Lay and Luhan fell to the ground laughing.

 

Needless to say, everyone else was shocked. Usually, they met every newbie, or newbies, into their little divison family as a group, so they can have a little group interrogation. So the fact that Lay and Luhan broke that unspoken rule, it kind of took the others back a little.

 

"Um, what happened to meeting them all together, huh? Or did you guys forget we existed for about the entire meeting?!" Xiumin yelled out. It wasn't that he felt betrayed to the point of yelling at the younger men, but he liked to make his own judgement on people. It's not that he didn't trust the others, but forming his own opinion of people made him feel more comfortable then just relying on other's opinions.

 

"Don't worry Xiumin. You guys can still interrogate them. We didn't tell them about anything, except that they'll fit right in with us." Lay said, knowing some of them would overreact if they let their imaginations run wild. Everyone nodded, then looked at Luhan who was hopping like a bunny on a sugar high. He obviously had somethin to say.

 

"You should've seen the way they worked together! All they did was look at each other, and then they helped us take that guy down!" Luhan looked giddy, like he couldn't wait to have the other guys on board. Sehun pouted at Luhan's enthusiasm for the soon-to-be newbies.

 

"Wait, do they know each other?" Suho asked. All he knew was that they were getting new detectives added to their division. He didn't know anything about their personal lives and connections to other people. Lay nodded in Suho's direction.

 

"Yeah, they seemed really close. I think they may have grown up together. Like Luhan said, all they did was look at each other and then they formed a plan to help us catch the guy we had to chase. They seem to know each other inside and out." Everyone raised their eyebrows at that, and Luhan's eyes widened.

 

"They're not in a relationship though! Chen laughed at the idea when Chanyeol had to explain it to us. Then Chanyeol smacked Chen's head." Kai, Sehun, and Tao laughed at Chen and Chanyeol's behavior, while the others just shook their heads and snickered.

 

"Well, did they say when they're coming in?" Kris asked, wondering when he and the others would meet their new partners. Luhan and Lay looked at each other, and shook their heads.

 

"We have no clue. All we know is that they're coming some time in the middle of the week." With Lay's proclamation, everyone else went back to work, or being lazy.


Outside of the Police Station...

 

"Jeez, Yeol. This is where we work now. What do you think?" Jongdae and Chanyeol were now staring at the Seoul Police Station. It was tall, fancy-looking, and very modern, but there was only one word Chanyeol used.

 

"It's big"

 

Jongdae laughed at his friend's lack of speech. Usually, Chanyeol couldn't shut up. Now, staring at their new work place, he couldn't think of anything to say. It was very amusing, to say the least.

 

"Yes Yeol, it's very big. Come on, use your words, haven't we been through this?!" Jongdae laughed at the younger while he got smacked again by the blushing giant. People walking in and out of the police station looked on in either amusement, curiosity, or disdain.

 

After Chanyeol's smack-attack, both men just stood, staring at the building. Soon, both took a big breath and exhaled. Once they stepped in that building, they could never go back to the past.

 

"You ready, Yeol?" Jongdae asked, looking at Chanyeol, who was still staring at the building. The younger soon nodded, and looked and Jongdae. His best friend, his savior, his protector. Chanyeol was scared of what was to come, but he knew Jongdae would always be by his side.

 

"Yeah. Let's do it Dae." Chanyeol smiled, a real smile. The first real smile Jongdae's seen in a long time. Jongdae smiled back at Chanyeol, the man he'd come to look at as family. In that moment, he knew. They were ready for this.

 

With that, Jongdae and Chanyeol stepped into the police station that would change their lives.

 

Nothing will be the same after this...are you ready???


Well, hi again!!! This is later than I wanted it to be. But, it's still earlier than my usual schedule, which is wait past seven days. I waited like......six. Jeez, I procrastinate a lot. Hope you people can forgive me.

And they still haven't met everyone yet!!! Now I'm just being mean. Don't worry, they WILL meet next chapter. I'm not that cruel.

But, I will tell you, I am not going to be nice when it comes to feelings. I've had my fair share of tears when it comes to fanfics. Yeah, I'm that kind of girl.

I amd going to load ALL OF THE FEELS in this fic!!! So don't hate me if something happens that might rip your heart out. Because if you shed a ew tears, just know it killed me to write that. 

And now, to all of my old and new subscribers, free candy. Because I love you all. *Drops candy from the sky*

Okay, now I may start on the next chapter. Depends on how I feel. Baiiiiiiiii. *Akwardly walks away*

~~~~~~~bubble1765