Case 1: Bloody Bakery (Part 2)

New Start, New Blood, New Love

Pffffft, this is about five years late, my bad. Better late than never though...right? For reference, these are the era's I'm imagining for each member...for now. They may change, who knows.

Ko Ko Bop: Chen, Kyungsoo, and Xiumin

Overdose: Luhan and Kai

Lotto: Sehun, Chanyeol, and Lay

Monster: Baekhyun and Suho

Growl: Kris and Tao

Also, screw SBS. Red Velvet, Mamamoo, Bts, Itzy, and every idol that performed on that stage deserved to feel safe on the stage they were performing on and because of the negligence in this situation, everyone was scared to DO THEIR JOB. Stream Psycho, just because SBS ruined their promotional period doesn't mean Psycho shouldn't be a hit for Red Velvet. I'm so pissed. Get well soon Wendy, but let's not push her because a fractured hip and wrist are serious. She needs rest and relaxation after the disaster that was SBS' existence.

Also yes Red Velvet will be added into the story at some point. They're my babies and Suho's babies, it'd be sacrilegious to omit them.

Alright. Here's the chapter.


 

Sehun, Xiumin, and Chen were all driving back to the office, Xiumin driving. Sehun was dozing off in the back, saying that he hadn't gotten a lot of sleep the night before and wanted to recharge a little. Chen was in the passenger's seat, looking out of the window and thinking.

 

"Why in the world did the killer write deceiver on her stomach? That word is probably going to be the main clue to the killer's identify, but there's many ways to be deceived." (Chen)  Chen had been thinking for most of the drive, and Xiumin was starting to get worried that the scene at the bakery was too much for him."

 

"Hey Chen, you okay over there? Speak, or I'll take you to get your mental stability checked." Chen shook his head and looked at Xiumin, who was glancing at him from the corner of his eyes. When Chen starts thinking, it usually takes him a while to come back to the land of the living, so Xiumin just saw miracles happen. Not that he would know that though.

 

He barely knows Chen, anyway.

 

"Um, yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I was just thinking about something in the case." Chen ran his fingers though his hair, ruffling it a bit. Xiumin looked over, seeing Chen's hair slightly messed up, a look of concentration on his face, and couldn't help but think about how handsome Chen looked then. Plus his glasses made him look more sophisticated. Xiumin managed not to blush, but he gulped slowly, hoping Chen didn't notice.

 

"Get ahold of yourself, Xiumin! Focus" (Xiumin)  While Xiumin was busy beating himself up in his head, Chen was still thinking of the meaning of the word on Bora's stomach. Realizing another opinion would be beneficial here, Chen turned to Xiumin, who was concentrating on driving and not making a fool of himself.

 

"Hey, Xiumin? Why do you think the killer carved the word 'Deceiver' into Bora's stomach? I'm trying to make a guess to see where we should start looking." Xiumin looked confused for a moment, but soon afterwards concentrated on what Chen had asked him. He understood why Chen was asking this, but it was impossible to try and guess anything with little to no information on the victim's personal life.

 

"Honestly Chen? We need to find out more about her before trying to find anything out. Right now, searching for answers is like trying to touch the sun. Impossible. We just need more time before we can figure out stuff like that, okay?" Xiumin looked at Chen for a second, but it was enough time to see Chen nodding to Xiumin's explanation.

 

"Yeah, I get it. I guess I'm still adjusting from small town detective to big city detective. Back home, you knew everyone, and privacy was scarce. This......is new." Chen sighed, feeling out of place in the new setting. Noticing Chen's change in mood, Xiumin quickly, but gently, shook Chen's shoulder for a few seconds before going back to the wheel.

 

"Hey, you're already doing great for someone adjusting to the hustle and bustle of the city. You found the bag, and you also learned you can boss Sehun around with the right formula! That's already an amazing start here. Trust me, you and Chanyeol will be fine." Chen just stared at Xiumin, disbelief and gratitude shone in his gaze.

 

When he was younger, Chen wasn't really welcomed anywhere, besides at his house, or Chanyeol's house. His cheekbones were more prominent, and his jawline was sharper than most. For this reason, the kids ostracized him from events and games on a daily basis. Even though he acted like he was okay with it and put on the brightest smile he could manage, Chen would sometimes cry himself to sleep at the treatment he got from the other kids. Just because he looked different from everyone else? Chen hated himself as a kid because of it.

 

And 'The Event' only cemented the kid's belief that Chen was bad news. After that, it was like he was invisible. And Chen had never felt so alone.

 

As the years went on though, people started to talk to him and actually include him in conversations. And while Chen was happy that people were starting to accept him, he never truly got over what he had been through in his younger years. The only person that stood by Chen though everything was Chanyeol, and he wasn't really there for about a year of Chen's suffering. 'The Event' had really torn their lives apart.

 

Because of his history, Chen was naturally terrified of moving and being alienated again. So to hear those words come out of Xiumin's mouth nearly made him cry.

 

"Thanks......really, thanks Xiumin. You have no idea how much that means to me. No, I don't mean to be that cliche though!" Chen was laughing, but a few tears secretly ran down his face, and while Chen quickly wiped them off his face, Xiumin noticed Chen's silent tears, much to Chen's dismay.

 

"Chen, are you...are you crying?" Xiumin asked, in utter disbelief at Chen's reaction. He didn't expect Chen to start crying at his words of encouragement. Xiumin realized that he doesn't know what Chen has been through in his past, but Chen's reaction to his words still surprised him. When he looked over at Chen's face, Xiumin could clearly see a few tear tracks here and there on Chen's cheeks. Chen laughed, trying to hide from Xiumin's questioning gaze, but utterly failing.

 

"Hey, I don't know what I said, but whatever I did, I'm sorry!" Chen waved him off, still trying to hide his tears from Xiumin, even though it was unnecessary. Xiumin still had no idea why Chen was crying, but his stomach twisted at the thought of the playful man crying for any reason. Chen still waved him off, not wanting to get too deep with someone he barely knows.

 

"I don't want to say right now. It's kind of personal, so I'd rather not talk about it right now. But I promise you, these are happy tears." Chen explained to Xiumin, who nodded and glanced at Chen's face again, seeing that he stopped crying a minute ago.  When an awkward silence filled the car, Xiumin spoke. He couldn't take awkward silences.

 

"Okay then. I can't have Suho thinking we're bullying you on your first day here. Sehun and I would get in trouble. Trust me, it's NOT a good thing to make Suho angry." Chen nodded at the sudden information, but sputtered a little bit, he wasn't expecting those words out of Xiumin's mouth. Xiumin smiled, knowing he succeeded in dispelling the awkward atmosphere.

 

Sehun, who had woken up a while ago, rolled his eyes at the situation. Stereotypical, cheesy situations didn't amuse him in the slightest, they actually annoyed him to death.

 

"God, I bet in the next week they're going to be making out on Xiumin's couch." (Sehun)  Xiumin and Chen were still giggling at Xiumin's odd advice, when suddenly, Xiumin's walkie talkie went off.

 

"Hey, Xiumin? Are you with Chen and Sehun right now?"  Everyone in the car looked at Xiumin, who looked just as confused. Suho usually never called the person who was driving. Suho had to have known Xiumin was driving, because he would NEVER let a newbie drive on the first day, and the oldest member automatically drove the car. The fact that Suho knew this, but still called Xiumin, surprised Sehun and Xiumin.

 

Chen had no idea about the rules, so he just looked like a lost little lamb again.

 

"Um, yeah, I'm here Suho. I'm driving though, why are you paging me?" the other two passengers were just as curious. 

 

If they could see Suho's face, though, they would shut up and listen to him. Suho wasn't taking anyone's crap at the moment.

 

"Doesn't matter who I'm paging. I actually meant to page Xiumin, 'cause I knew he'd be the one driving. Get here as fast as you can, we're having a meeting before we officially start investigations. Suho out."  When the fuzz stopped emitting from Xiumin's walkie talkie, Xiumin looked straight ahead and drove as fast as the law allowed him at that moment. Neither Sehun or Chen questioned him, both knew everything turned serious when Suho paged them.

 

was about to go down.

 


 

Suho was pacing at the front of the 2nd Division office, everyone else was either sitting in their chair, or in Chanyeol's case, on the floor. Not having a chair really sometimes. 

 

When Xiumin, Chen, and Sehun walked into the office, they automatically went to a seat at their respective desks. Since Chanyeol and Chen didn't have a desk yet, they decided to sit on the floor, just to speed this meeting along. Suho was standing at the back of the room, everyone turning to face him. When he saw everyone was paying attention to him, Suho silently turned off the lights and a projector facing a blank white wall. 

 

When the projector was , it showed a dead Yoon Bora. Her body under a pure white sheet, only her head showing. The background was shown to be Lay's official workplace. Some people in the room looked away from the picture, while others just looked at Suho, wondering why he was showing them the picture of the victim when they could be working on finding her killer.

 

But no one dared to voice their thoughts. Suho's commanding stare told them all to stay silent.

 

"As most of you know, this is our victim, Yoon Bora. You also know that she was fairly young when her life was cut short. But, what you guys don't know, is how she died. I'm sorry for this Tao, but everyone needs to know some details. This is more serious then you guys think." Everyone nodded, knowing their leader was completely determined, in this moment, to show everyone how important it was to find this killer.

 

"She was killed by being stabbed. I'm pretty sure Xiumin, Sehun, Tao, and Chen could tell you that." Everyone looked to the four people who were at the scene, and they all nodded. That much was obvious.

 

"I just visited Lay, and got the official autopsy report on how she died. It...is not pretty. I will tell you that before I go into detail. This is brutal, unforgiving, and fueled by intense rage. That is the only way to describe the way she died." Tao gulped, and grabbed the hand closest to his. Just his luck, he grabbed Kris' hand, and the other squeezed his in support for what was about to come out of Suho's mouth.

 

"Before she was officially killed, the killer obviously beat her, as seen by the scratches and bruises all over her arms and stomach." As Suho was presenting, he changed the picture to show everyone what he was talking about. Then he zoomed in on a small, blackish circle, hidden by a fairly large bruise. Luckily, it was still visible.

 

"What you almost don't see are the circles all over her arms as well. They were concealed very well by the bruises, but luckily, we have one of the best coroners in the business." Suho smirked at Lay, who just blushed while Luhan patted Lay on the back.

 

"Those circle marks...are burns. Burns made by pressing a lit cigarette onto the skin. They may be small, but cigarettes are deadly, in more ways than one. This was just used as a method of inflicting pain on Bora before she eventually died." Everyone at that point looked horrified, knowing someone thought out how to inflict the most pain on this girl.

 

"And that's not even the end of it. On her back, Lay managed to find these." The slideshow then switched to the picture Lay took of Bora's back. The air was literally out of the room at how many people gasped at the sight of all the stab wounds and bruises.

 

"What...what in the world are those?" Kai asked in horror. Usually, he could handle hearing how the victim died, but this was the first time the killer he was chasing was so ruthless and vicious as to torture the victim so thoroughly. He almost looked a little green, and that worried everyone a little bit, Kai wasn't one to get disturbed easily. Suho just looked at him, and after Kai took a few deep breaths, he nodded, showing he was okay. Suho then turned back to the picture, turning his attention away from Kai.

 

Suho then opened his mouth to continue on with the meeting, but something else happened.

 

"Those, Kai, are incised cuts. They're shallow stab wounds, mainly used to inflict pain on the victim. You can tell by the blue-purple bruising around the entrance wounds." A voice, that wasn't Suho, beat the leader before he could explain what everyone was seeing. Everyone turned to the voice, and they were all shocked to see who beat Suho to the punch.

 

And, of course, the person to shock everyone was the one who hadn't spoken for most of the day. And yes, it's Chanyeol.

 

"Chanyeol? H-how do you know this?" Baekhyun asked, a little horrified at how detailed Chanyeol's explanation was. When Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and saw how scared he looked in this moment, Chanyeol automatically looked away, not liking the way Baekhyun's eyes conveyed how horrified he was of Chanyeol in that moment. Since Chanyeol had retreated back into his little hole for the moment, Chen decided to step in and save his friend.

 

"When we were detectives back in our hometown, sometimes we were called to larger towns to help with their murder cases. And while we didn't have as many murders as Seoul probably does, they were messed up. Creepy beyond belief. We both saw these kinds of wounds often, so Chanyeol finally looked up what they were." Everyone nodded, and Chanyeol looked back at Chen with a grateful look in his eyes. Chen smiles, and everyone turns back to Suho soon afterwards.

 

"Um...yeah, what Chanyeol said. Basically, this woman suffered greatly before the killer finished her off. Whoever did this is sick, and I want him, or her, behind bars as soon as possible. You hear me?" Everyone nodded, serious looks on their faces. They were ready for this.

 

A few minutes after the meeting ended, Suho got a call on his office phone.

 

"Yes, this is Suho, who is this?" Everyone watched as Suho continued to talk to the unknown person on the phone. When Suho nodded and hung up the phone, he looked to Kris.

 

"Well, the news jumped on this murder as soon as someone caught wind of it, as usual. And we got someone who knew the vic. She's waiting in front of the interrogation room for you." Kris nodded, and just as he was about to grab Kai, Suho spoke up.

 

"Kris, I want you to bring Chanyeol. Before you start whining, Kai, I want to see what Chanyeol can do. Like I said earlier, it doesn't say what his specialty is in is file. So I'm going to be testing him in all areas. Got it?" Kai was still sulking, but nodded nonetheless. He can't blatantly disregard his leader's words, no matter how pissed he was. But, luckily for him, Kai looked cute when he pouted, and everyone thought so.They were all squealing and sighing at Kai's behavior, though one was more exaggerated in his thoughts.

 

"Aish, what is that boy doing? He needs to stop pouting, he's too cute right now." (???)  While Kai walked off, probably to get a drink, Kris and Chanyeol left the room to find out who had recognized their victim. 

 

"Um, what about the rest of us Suho?" Luhan asked, looking at their leader to see what they should do next. 

 

"I think we should wait until we have spoken to whoever is in the lobby. So for now, the rest of you wait for instructions." As soon as Suho said that, Kyungsoo lunged for Baekhyun's throat, screaming something along the lines of 'YOU TOOK MY DAMN PUDDING BYUN!'

 

Suho sighed. It was going to be a long day for the poor leader. 

 


 

Kris and Chanyeol were walking down to the lobby, not talking to each other, both men ready to get to work on interrogating the victim's friend. Both men were in the zone, and were ready to catch a cold-blooded killer.

 

When they got to the lobby, they saw a woman with tan skin, looking distraught with tears in her eyes. Her hair was black and had a few blonde streaks here and there in her hair. When she looked up and saw Kris and Chanyeol, she walked up to them, and asked a simple question.

 

"Are you the men digging into the murder of Yoon Bora?" When the name of their victim left the woman's lips, they both nodded. She sighed, nodded, and followed Kris and Chanyeol to the interrogation room. 

 

When Chanyeol looked back at the woman, all he could see was how she looked like she felt...defeat. Chanyeol had seen so many people affected by murder, whether they were crying their eyes out, going hysterical refusing to believe their loved one was gone, or just complete depression. This one was new for him though.

 

Chanyeol could tell that the woman had cried for an extended period of time from the puffiness of her eyes, and the red rimmed around her eyes, although that was covered up pretty well by the eyeliner the woman had put on before coming here. But besides those factors, the woman looked like she was holding the weight of the world on her shoulders. She was dragging her feet, and the blank look in her eyes told a story of complete and utter submission to the fact that her world was turned upside down because of a psychopath. 

 

She looked...empty.

 

Chanyeol could see how she felt, so he whispered to Kris that he was going to hang back with her. When Kris nodded, he slowed down his walking until he was right next to the woman. She looked up at him, curious about why he was suddenly walking with her, but not enough to actually speak right now.The blank, emotionless look stayed on her face, waiting for Chanyeol to speak the first words. So, he did.

 

"Hey, I'm really sorry about what happened to you. I can tell it's really affecting you." He knew that she would roll her eyes at him for the stereotypical statement, but he honestly didn't know what else to say. Even though he had been through a traumatizing event like her, Chanyeol was never good at speaking about it.

 

"That's a mandatory thing to say. You don't really mean it, so stop acting like you do." Chanyeol was suddenly filled with rage at her statement. Sure, what he said was cheesy and almost every cop said that to grieving people, but he cared. He cared about how the victim's families were doing, he cared about how big the hole in their hearts would be, and he cared about getting the killer behind bars. Chanyeol knew this might be her way of coping with her friend's death, but that statement really set Chanyeol off. When he stole a glance at her, he knew she was expecting him to back off after her comeback. So he decided to fight back a little.

 

Chanyeol scoffed, making the woman turn to him with surprise clear on her face.

 

"You know, not all cops are like that. Sure, some are, but not all of us. Not all cops are ignorant s only in it for a paycheck. Some of us actually have a heart, and want to put killers behind bars and give the people left behind closure. But keep thinking whatever you want. I won't stop you." Chanyeol then started to walk ahead of the woman, not wanting to deal with any sassy remark that he was sure would come out of .

 

But, now it was her time to surprise him.

 

"I'm sorry, I really am. Ever since this thing started, all I've gotten is the standard cop on TV routine. They were all very stoic and emotionally unattached, so I guess I jumped to conclusions. I shouldn't have, it was just reflex at this point." The woman looked down with shame in her eyes, and Chanyeol felt so sorry for this woman, who had lost someone so close to her in such a brutal way that she would never truly recover. 

 

"It's okay. I know what it feels like. To have someone you cared about ripped from you so suddenly. It's normal to react like this. Just know, that my team and I are going to do everything in our power to put this guy, or girl, behind bars." The woman couldn't hold her tears back after hearing Chanyeol's mini speech, and started crying silently again. Chanyeol put his arm around her shoulders, knowing she didn't need to be alone right now. She probably wouldn't want to be alone for a while. 

 

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your name? Before we get to interrogation and I have to go into full-cop mode." The woman quickly wiped her eyes, happy she didn't wear any eye makeup to the police station today. 

 

"Hyorin. Kim Hyorin. And yours?" She asked, genuinely curious about the cop that made this process seem a little less like another form of torture. 

 

"Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." He copied the way Hyorin had said her name and also added a very obvious, poorly executed wink at the end, making Hyorin slightly giggle. Chanyeol was having a party in his head after that, he liked making sure the victim's friends and family wouldn't be drowning in grief after the killer was caught. 

 

To Chanyeol, Hyorin would be fine after a period of time to digest everything. 

 

When Kris turned around, he saw that Hyorin looked a little better than when she was sitting in the lobby. She had warmed up to Chanyeol after their little misunderstanding, and was looking a little better than when they first saw the woman sitting in the lobby. Granted, her face still held the I have been crying for a week straight look, but neither man could blame her. Both Kris and Chanyeol just hoped she wouldn't let her grief for her dead friend cause her to forget some important details.

 

Suddenly, Kris stopped in front of a door, but Chanyeol and Hyorin weren't looking, still caught up in making small talk. This resulted in Chanyeol walking right into Kris's hand. Chanyeol, who had fallen on the ground after getting lightly slapped in the head by Kris, looked really confused before looking up at Kris, and pointing at him, looking absolutely scandalized.

 

"Kris! Why did you push me to the floor?! We're supposed to be working together here!" Chanyeol accused, still pointing at Kris's face, and also still on the floor. Kris looked at Chanyeol like he was out of his mind. But Chanyeol didn't back down, in fact, he got off the floor and started poking in Kris's face with his finger. Kris most definitely didn't like that, so he slapped Chanyeol's hand away from his face. Chanyeol, not one to be outdone, slapped Kris in the face. Soon enough, Kris and Chanyeol were slapping each other left and right, trying to get the better of the other.

 

Hyorin, who was standing in the corner, was absolutely surprised at what was going down in front of her eyes. She knew these cops were serious about what they do. What she didn't expect was to see cops having a slap fight before interrogating someone. These guys were definitely one of a kind.

 

Luckily, she was amused to the point of actually laughing. When Kris and Chanyeol heard Hyorin actually laughing, they stopped to look at her for a minute. After a minute of just letting her laugh, Kris cleared his throat, startling Hyorin out of her giggle fest. Kris opened the door to the interrogation room, and in a split second, Hyorin was serious again.

 

"If you don't mind miss, I'd like to continue in here." Kris told Hyorin, who merely nodded and walked into the interrogation room. Kris and Chanyeol shared a look, and then walked in after her, shutting the door walking in. 

 


 

Sehun walked into the lab, an evidence bag in his hand. He looked around the lab for one of his coworkers in the 2nd Division, but could only find the leader of the 1st Division, Leeteuk, with the laziest member of his division, Kangin. Kangin also thought he was better than everyone else just because he was in the 1st Division, which pissed many people off.

 

"Hey Sehun, I heard that you and the others got two new members, and a new case in the same day, sounds exciting! How has your day been so far?" Leeteuk was one of the more likeable members of 1st Division, was almost always smiling and making someone's day brighter, no matter how crappy the day had been. Sehun slightly smiled at Leeteuk, acknowledging his presence, all while completely ignoring Kangin.

 

"It's been pretty hectic, you know how Soo-man likes to test newbies with a hard case. So we got a murder. In a Halloween-themed cupcake bakery." Leeteuk laughed at the irony, and all was well, for about twenty seconds. Then Kangin opened his mouth.

 

"Wow, that sounds pretty hard. You sure your second-rate division can handle it?" Kangin smirked, making Sehun roll his eyes and walk further into the lab in hopes of finding Kyungsoo. While looking around the lab, Sehun heard a popping sound, and a pained moan from Kangin. Sehun smirked, knowing Leeteuk had smacked Kangin for acting like an entitled bastard. Again.

 

"God, stop it Kangin! You're part of the reason most people in this building don't like us anymore! Keep it up, and I'm putting you on probation!" It took all of Sehun's willpower to not burst out laughing. If you were put on probation by your division leader, you weren't allowed in the building, and you were payed half of your usual paycheck. No one had ever been put on probation, as far as Sehun knew, and to know that Kangin could be the first to his knowledge, just made his day.

 

"You can't do that, Leeteuk! I'm one of your best detectives! You need me!" Sehun rolled his eyes and Kangin's ego. There were times when Sehun just needed to punch something, or someone, and this was one of those times.

 

"I can, and I will. Don't test me, Kangin. Sorry to bother you Sehun. We'll just be on our way now." After threatening Kangin, Leeteuk turned to smile at Sehun, then stalked out of the lab, Kangin hot on his heels. Sehun shook his head at what had just transpired. 

 

"Maybe getting put on probation would finally get Kangin's head out of his ."(Sehun). While thinking about everything and nothing at all, someone tapped him on the shoulder, causing him to jump slightly. Sehun turned around to see Kyungsoo, looking at him with questioning eyes.

 

"I'm guessing you have some evidence for me? Please say yes, I finished my paperwork an hour ago and I'm dying of boredom." Sehun snickered and held of the bag of the clear substance from the crime scene. Kyungsoo's eyes lit up as he quickly snatched the bag from Sehun's hands and walked over to his station. Sehun rolled his eyes again as he started walking out of the lab.

 

"You're welcome! And let everyone know what the results are at the meeting!" Kyungsoo grunted, completely focused on the evidence he'd just been given. He was forced to look up when he heard rushed footsteps coming his way, seeing Sehun run back into the lab.

 

"Also let Baekhyun know that his blood spatter photos are in his area in the lab when you see him. He'll want those as soon as possible." Kyungsoo nodded and made a shooing motion with his hand, which caused Sehun to scoff and walk out of the lab for good this time.

 


 

"Okay Hyorin. I know you must feel really uncomfortable right now, so me and my partner are gonna try to get you out of here as fast as possible." Kris smiled at her, and Hyorin nodded her head gratefully, but Chanyeol stared at Kris in disappointment.

 

"Kris, don't use bad grammar. It's my partner and I." Kris looked at Chanyeol with a clear 'What the ' expression on his face, while Hyorin looked amused again. Kris then rolled his eyes, and looked at Hyorin again.

 

"Well, first things first, how long have you and Bora been friends?" Hyorin's eyes took on a sad glint thinking of her deceased friend, which immediately sobered the mood of the room. It took her a few seconds to collect herself, but after a few seconds, Hyorin could talk without her voice breaking.

 

"We'd been friends for about three years. My other friends and I visited her cupcake shop one day, and we just hit it off immediately. She was really sweet, and would always help us with out problems even if she was really busy. Bora was just an all-around nice person, I don't understand why anyone would do this..." Hyorin trailed off, tears running down her face. Kris looked at Hyorin with sympathy, while Chanyeol looked at her with empathy. He understood what she was feeling at this moment.

 

"Okay, the next few questions we have might be hard for you to answer, but we need you to try and stay calm, alright?" Chanyeol took her hand from across the table, and she nodded, still crying, but visibly calmer after a minute. Chanyeol nodded at Kris, signaling him to ask the next question.

 

"Have you ever seen some behavior that seemed abnormal to you? A habit that you wouldn't expect from her." Hyorin's eyebrows furrowed, thinking through every interaction she ever had with Bora, Kris and Chanyeol watching her the entire time, in case her facial expressions and mannerisms don't line up with her answers.

 

"Not that I know of...she liked to drink a little more than what's to be expected when we went out, but she's not a lightweight so that makes sense. I guess she smoked occasionally? It helped her relax when she was majorly stressed and it only happened once every two or three months, so I never felt the need to give her the 'cancer stick' schpiel." Kris nodded and nodded to Chanyeol, who started taking notes on the important info.

 

"Has their been a change in her behavior recently? Drastic or subtle, anything that's not normal considering her personality and normal routine." Kris asked, watching Hyorin think and occasionally glancing at Chanyeol out of the corner of his eye. Chanyeol still took notes, but more often than not was also Hyorin's body language to see if they lined up with her answers. Kris' eyebrow quirked up before he went back to looking at Hyorin.

 

"I...she was partying more than usual. Normally we go out once every two weeks, we're young and like to live it up, but she's been going out to clubs at least twice a week, most of the time without us. I'm honestly worried she might get alcohol poisoning nowadays." Kris nodded and asked Hyorin one more question.

 

"Do you know of anyone that may want to hurt her? Someone that made her uncomfortable or uneasy?" Hyorin immediately shook her head, and Chanyeol's eyebrows shot up slightly at her timely reaction.

 

"No, no one wanted to hurt her. She was sweet and kind to everyone she met, there was no way anyone wanted to hurt her. At least, no one that I've met from her life." Kris nodded and slowly stood up from his chair, while Chanyeol and Hyorin followed.

 

"Alright, thank you for your time ma'am. If you'll just stay in the city in case we have more questions? Considering you're the only one that's come forward that knew the victim so far." Hyorin nodded as all three of them walked out of the interrogation room.

 

"Chanyeol, could you please her out of the building? I'm gonna go to Suho and get ready for the team meeting." Chanyeol nodded and Kris turned to Hyorin one last time.

 

"If you know of anyone else that knew the victim, could you tell them to come to the station so we can question them as well? The more information we have, the better." Hyorin nodded one last time, and soon after Kris shook her hand Chanyeol was walking Hyorin out of the building. After both figures had walked around the corner, Kris started walking to the 2nd Division office to get ready for the team meeting

 


 

Suho sighed as he sat at his desk, staring at their current case file. He glanced around the office, seeing almost everyone either sitting at their desks doing paperwork, or taking a nap in Chen's case because he just started and he didn't have a desk or paperwork yet.

 

Everyone was determined to solve this case and get a murderer off the streets, but most of them hadn't eaten lunch and were dying to get off work so they could eat and get some decent sleep.

 

Kris walked in and went to sit at his desk and threw his head back while sighing. Suho looked over to him and coughed, trying to get his attention. Kris looked over at him with a raised eyebrow, and watched as Suho subtly motioned towards the door with a tilt of his head. Kris nodded and watched as Suho stretched and walked out of the 2nd Division office. A few minutes later, Kris walked out and went the same direction Suho went, soon after finding him by the vending machines.

 

"How did the interrogation go? How was Chanyeol in there?" Suho asked Kris in hushed tones in case anyone happened to walk by. Kris slowly scoped out the area, then slightly turned his head toward's Suho's face.

 

"He was good. He only took notes on what stood out to him, which lined up with what I would've written down, and kept his eyes on her to see if her body language matched with what she was saying. He's a good interrogator, I'll give him that." Suho nodded at the new information, then looked at the vending machine for a second before buying a bag of chips to not make the others suspicious.

 

"Alright, thanks Kris. You might wanna buy something, it'd be weird if you came down here and came back with nothing. Plus you must be hungry." Suho patted Kris on the back as he walked back to the office, leaving Kris to buy a candy bar before he also walked back to the office. When he got back, everyone else had arrived, so Kris quickly went to sit down at his desk so the team meeting could commence.

 

"Okay, day 1 of the investigation, what have we got so far?" Suho looked around and saw that Kris raised his hand, so he pointed to him and watched as everyone else looked at him, ready to hear what information he had.

 

"The victim's best friend came in to talk to Chanyeol and I today. Her name is Hyorin. She was distraught as anyone would be, but we learned that the victim had been partying a lot more than normal as of late. Drinking a lot more, maybe even drugs, but the bottom line is she was getting reckless. Chanyeol, what did you gather?" Chanyeol's head shot up at his name being brought into the conversation. He blinked a couple times before looking down at his notes and opening his mouth to speak.

 

"...I know we have to put her on the suspect list because you never truly know, but I believe she didn't commit the crime. She was distraught, like Kris said, but she just looked defeated. Her eyes were lifeless, her shoulders were constantly hunched to some degree, and even when she was laughing at me and Kris acting like idiots, her laughter was hollow and empty. I know she's a suspect no matter what, but I'd put money on her not being our murderer." Everyone's eyes widened at how sharp Chanyeol was, while Chen smiled and ruffled Chanyeol's hair. Chanyeol smiled and looked at his lap, embarrassed at all the attention he was getting.

 

"Wait, there was a method to you goading me into a slap fight?" Kris asked, bewildered from his desk, which caused Tao and Sehun to start snickering at the mental image of Kris and Chanyeol constantly slapping each other. Kris glared at both of them, and while Tao stopped snickering immediately, Sehun waved his hand and kept laughing silently. Kris didn't scare him.

 

"Yeah, of course. I'm not the smartest person here, but one thing I can tell is how someone's really feeling by the tone in their laughter. Hyorin's laughter was fake." Everyone nodded at Chanyeol's logic while Suho started writing all the information he got on the huge whiteboard.

 

"Okay, this is good you guys. Anyone else?" Baekhyun raised his hand after that and soon after all eyes on him.

 

"The blood spatter photos are interesting. Of course there's a pool of blood where the body was, and on the mat in front of the door because it soaked up some blood. The spatter in between the pool and the mat has trails coming from the blood spatter from right to left, the killer was most likely standing on the mat and ripped the knife towards her, because there's no other way the spatter would look like that. The attacker was also slammed against the glass display, seeing the odd pattern on the display it was probably the attacker's hand, it looks like the edge of someone's palm from thumb to pinkie. But other than that, there's no bloody handprints and footprints outside of the victim's, seeing as the rest of them are close to where the vic died." The entire group tensed, not liking where Baekhyun's observations were going.

 

"Whoever did this was in a rage, but they'd been planning this for a while. The crime scene is almost pristine aside from the blood on the display case. This was cruel, inhumane, but methodical. The killer knew what they were doing. Whoever killed Bora made sure to leave as little of a trace as possible when committing this crime. I know we'll catch whoever did this, but with how well they've done to keep the crime scene as clean as possible...they may kill again before we get them." The room was so quiet it was as if no one was breathing. You could hear the whistle of the wind with how dead silent it was.

 

"...well as bleak as that was, I always prefer honest opinions to false hope. But now we're going to work even harder to make sure this monster doesn't kill again, right?" Suho watched as everyone around the room nodded with determined looks on their faces. They weren't going to let this happen again, even if it was the last thing any of them did.

 

"Alright, anyone else before we all go home for the day? None of you groan and moan at me, if we don't get the proper rest we need, we're not at our best and we'll never get this case done. We all need to eat and rest to give this case our all. Now that my dad lecture is out of the way, does anyone else have information regarding the case?" Kyungsoo raised his hand a second later, and pointed at Sehun after everyone was paying attention.

 

"The substance you gave me to analyze Sehun? It was petroleum jelly." Sehun's eyebrows furrowed, while everyone else looked confused or thoughtful. Everyone was thinking to themselves for a minute when Chanyeol spoke up, slightly scaring everyone, seeing as his voice was deep and everyone still wasn't used to his voice.

 

"A baker has no reason for vaseline anywhere in the store, unless they used it for chap stick. But even then you wouldn't find any traces of vaseline in the front of the store near the food...especially on the display case, it would cast a weird glare on the food being displayed and it could be considered a health hazard. Was the vaseline still malleable, or was it hard to move around?" Kyungsoo tilted his head slightly, when his head snapped towards Chanyeol, his eyes as wide as saucers.

 

"It was malleable, almost like it was fresh out of the jar...the killer. Whoever killed Bora most likely left it at the crime scene." Suho grinned and wrote down the new information on the whiteboard, everyone's spirits slightly lifted at this slip-up by the killer.

 

"This is good for our first day guys. Now go home everyone. Tomorrow we're focusing on this case and nothing else. We're putting this killer behind bars, no questions asked. We're bringing Bora's killer to justice, alright?!" Everyone shouted in agreement, and started to pack up for the day. Once everyone was out of the room, Suho sighed and turned back to the case file, staring down at the picture of Yoon Bora on the examination table, eyes closed and face serene.

 

"We'll give your soul peace. I promise."


Wow, this is a lot longer than I anticipated. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS GUYS THIS IS WAY TOO LONG BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT!!!

I know I've been gone a long time, but I am back. I'm gonna try to limit myself to these four stories until two are done. That way I don't overwhelm myself and leave for five years again. So I'm asking y'all to smack me if I start talking about a new story idea. Please. Help keep me in check.

Okay, if you liked the chapter leave a review or subscribe, it helps authors know people like their work and that they should keep writing. Also I'm an anxious piece of that needs reassurance that people are enjoying her works. It's bad. But whatever.

ALRIGHT SEE YOU GUYS NEXT TIME!!!