Change of Scenery (Part 1)

New Start, New Blood, New Love

After thirty minutes of packing extra clothes, money, and some personal items, Jongdae and Chanyeol were ready to leave. But first, they had to break the news to their boss. As they were walking, both boys weren't talking. Their boss is the only one who aknowledges what happened to them, but also doesn't look at them with pity every five seconds. Their boss never underestimated the duo, and for that, they were grateful. Leaving him was going to hurt, and they didn't know how to tell him.

 

"Jongdae, I know we need to leave this place, but how can we do this to him? He's pretty much our father, who knows how he'll react." Chanyeol voiced his concerns, knowing Jongdae was thinking the same thing. They both knew the news would sting no matter what, so Jongdae decided to make it easier on their soon-to-be former boss.

 

"We'll tell him at the same time. We don't want him to think one of us is staying, then rip that dream away from him. Hopefully, he'll take it well." Chanyeol nodded at his friend's response, knowing this could go two ways.

 

As soon as the boys reached the police station, they automatically asked to meet with their boss. Chanyeol and Jongdae sat outside the office feet tapping in nervousness, hands starting to sweat. As soon as they heard knocks on the window, both boys went inside their boss's office for the last time.

 

"Hey boys, what can I do for you?" Their boss, Hokwu (AN: Completely made up name. Please don't hate me because it's an awful made up name) asked. Both boys were on alert, for they heard the edge on Hokwu's voice, and could see a few tears threatening to break the surface. Chanyeol and Jongdae were wondering what happened to their boss, but they needed to get this over with, so they could leave all of the bad memories behind.

 

"Well, Hokwu, there's something we need to tell you, and it's not easy to say." Jongdae started off, his voice cracking. Chanyeol was looking down, little sniffles hear and there could be heard coming from the giant. Jongdae was about to go on, but Hokwu stopped him, standing up in the process.

 

"Listen boys, I already know about the job offer you guys got in Seoul. Don't look at me like that, you don't think they sent me, your boss, or former boss actually, an email in advance?" Both Jongdae and Chanyeol were shocked Hokwu already knew, but hearing his reason, both boys now understood the situation. Now both boys were looking at Hokwu, obvious tears in their eyes.

 

"I know how you feel about this place. Both of you. And...it hurts me, to know both of you are leaving, but I know......I know how much you guys need to get out of here." Hokwu, Jongdae, and Chanyeol were all crying. Even though they wanted to leave, Hokwu was their rock. Not being able to him around was already taking a toll on Jongdae and Chanyeol.

 

"This is hard for me. I know it's also hard for you. Chanyeol, you're blubbering like a seal..." Chanyeol let out a bitter laugh. "...but I believe this is what's best. You guys are good at what you do. Too good to stay here, in this tiny town. You guys deserve this. Plus, you have a better chance of cleaning up your past. I know that's not your fault, but you can't help but blame yourself. No matter how young you were when 'The Event' happened." Chanyeol looked down, choked up, whereas Jongdae looked Hokwu straight in the eye, admiration and sadness shown clearly in his gaze.

 

"So, go to Seoul. Make new memories. But don't forget your roots. Go, and make me proud." Hokwu was staring at the two boys that were like his sons, all of them crying. Soon, they were all in a group hug, knowing it'd be a long time before they were all together in the same place again.

 

Soon after, Jongdae and Chanyeol had thrown everything in Jongdae's car, and they were on the road, ready to face Seoul.

 


 

The hustle and bustle in the city of Seoul, and the constant buzz of people walking and talking permeated in every nook and cranny, was heard anywhere and everywhere, was seen daily.

 

The Seoul Police Department was no different.

 

Two men were walking through the hallway, both pushing an undentified male towards an interrogation room.

 

One man had blonde hair, thick eyebrows, and a stone-cold expression. One would even say he looks like an angry bird. He was also tall. Extremely tall. He was taller than the unidentified male, AND his companion.

 

The tall man's companion was Somewhat shorter than the blonde man, with black hair, full lips, and tan skin. Which was unusual, but attractive in Seoul.

 

Basically, both men were extremely good looking.

 

The thing was, they were working. Both men had stoic expressions on their faces, eyes void of any emotion. It was like they were robots. Then again, they homeless-looking guy in between them was yelling, hitting, thrashing around like crazy, doing anything to get away from the handsome yet cold-looking men.

 

"Hey, I didn't do it, I swear! I was set up, you guys gotta believe me! SET UP, DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!" The homeless-looking man yelled right in the tan man's ear, making him flinch. Annoyance flashed accross his face, and he looked like he was about the punch the homeless-looking man in the face, until the tall guy talked some sense into everyone.

 

"Kai, calm down. He'll shut up soon, don't worry. And you, need to be quiet. You're in a police station, and you're under arrest. For how long, and for what, depends on you. So you can either help yourself, or you can help us. Which will it be?" The homeless man promptly shut up, and Kai looked relieved. As soon as the homeless man was placed in an interrogation room, the tan male, or Kai, looked at his companion with gratefulness and a hint of mischief.

 

"Thanks for that, Kris. I don't know what I would've done to him if he kept that up." Kris smirked, knowing Kai's temper could sometimes flare up with extremely testy soon-to-be-prisoners. When Kai looked like he was gonna explode, any of the other members could calm him down, as long as the person arrested shut up.

 

"No problem Kai. Just know, that if it was Suho and not me, you'd be getting the biggest lecture ever." Kai's eyes widened, thinking of their leader, and was immediately grateful Suho was not up for arresting perps on the streets.

 

Suho was the kind of leader any kind of group wanted.  He was fair and kind, while also being firm and serious when necessary. The downside was Suho was a perfectionist of sorts, so when one of his underlings stepped out of line, he was there to push them back in line. Both figuratively and sometimes literally.

 

As Kris and Kai were walking back to their group office, they ran into Sehun, the youngest in their rag-tag group of detectives. Despite being younger than everyone, Sehun was the one that noticed miniscule details at crime scenes. He was also one of the more mature members. At times though, he let his inner child show, with relentless aegyo and whining for bubble tea.

 

"Hey guys! Suho wants all of us back in the office. Something about a big announcement." Sehun told Kai and Kris, both of the older men groaning. They just got back from a job, what else could Suho throw at them today?

 

 

"Thanks Sehun. Come on Kai, orders are orders." Kris sighed, pulling Kai to the office, the tan boy whining about 'being overworked' the whole way there. Sehun was chuckling at Kai's behavior, while Kris looked indifferent to everything, although he was probably thinking about stabbing something right now, or more specifically, someone.

 

Once the three guys reached the office, they were met with the rest of their team. Everyone was sitting at their desks, waiting for them to arrive. Luck was not on their side, it seemed, for everyone was waiting in annoyance for the three missing members, who just showed up.

 

"Finally! Took you forever Sehunnie! Oh, and you guys too." Luhan, the DNA expert/deer of the detective team, automatically ran up to Sehun. The younger gave Luhan one of the two drinks, Luhan's eyes lighting up in excitement. He then smiled at Sehun, with the younger smiling back, following Luhan to his desk. Everyone shared a knowing look, all thinking the same thing. Sehun was whipped.

 

"Okay guys, everyone sit down!" Suho then stood up, using his authoritative voice. Everyone knew he meant business, so they all turned to their leader, wondering what they were about to be told.

 

"So, I got a call from the higher-ups yesterday. I don't know how you guys are going to take this news, though." Everyone waited with bated breaths, wondering 

 

"Apparently......we're getting new additions to the 2nd Division with us." Suho was going to continue, but before he could, shouts and groans in disapproval rang out in the huge office.

 

"Why Suho?! Do the higher ups not think we're doing fine on our own?!" The resident diva and blood splatter expert, Baekhyun, exclaimed in an annoyed tone. Everyone nodded in agreement. They were doing just fine, more than fine actually! Why ruin the good system here?!

 

"With all due respect Suho, I agree with Baekhyun here. We don't need more members to this already working team." Lay, their personal coroner, added his two cents into the mix. With everyone stating their opinion at the same time, Suho gained a headache, and he was growing annoyed. Soon after everyone started shouting at him, Suho slammed his fist against the nearest wall, making everyone flinch at their leader's unusually fierce behavior.

 

"Listen! This was ordered by Sooman himself, so this is not up for debate!" Everyone in the room stiffened at Sooman's name. He was the boss of all bosses over the police force of Seoul, so when he made a change, that change was immediately put into action.

 

"Suho, it's okay. I see how serious this is now. We'll try our best to adjust to this sudden change. So, can you tell us about our soon-to-be partners?" The oldest detective in the group, Xiumin, said to his leader. He had the most experience out of anyone in the room, so he knew how to roll with unexpected punches like this. Suho smiled at Xiumin, grateful for Xiumin's easy-going behavior.

 

"Their names are Kim Jongdae, or Chen as he likes to be called, and Park Chanyeol. Apparently, Sooman has had his eyes on these two for a while, and he felt it was finally time to add them to our group." Now everyone was confused. Why wait so long?

 

"Suho, if I may ask, how long has Sooman been eyeing these guys?" D.O, a boy with owl eyes who happened to be a gun expert, asked. Suho knew this question was coming, and he had prepared himself, even though the answer still shocked him.

 

"Sooman had been looking into these boys for seven months." Eyes widened and jaws hit the floor at the huge time gap. Especially a boy with dark circles around his eyes, making him look like a panda.

 

"Why wait so long?!?! Because I know there wasn't any jobs lost this week, so too many cops and detectives was not the issue here." Everyone turned to Tao, the wushu/fighting expert, and nodded. Suho sighed, because he was just as curious, and he to didn't have any answers.

 

"Listen, I don't know. I got the same thing I just told you. I know nothing more, and nothing less. And as much as I'd like to know, I don't want to pry. Both of our new members should be here sometime later in the week, and I expect a warm welcome. Got it?" Everyone nodded, expecting not much to change once the new guys got used the usual 2nd Division craziness.

 

What the group of 10 wasn't expecting was for their worlds to  turn upside down when Jongdae and Chanyeol arrived in Seoul...


Holy crap, first chapter done! This was an absolute word barf, so I'm glad I got it all done. Took a while, but it's finally here!!! I hope you guys enjoy it!!!

And I'm so excited for tomorrow!!! Or tonight, if you're reading this on Friday, AKA tomorrow, for me at least. Insurgent is coming out, and I get to see it opening night, in 3D!!! So, I wanted to update today so nothing could ruin that. NOTHING I SAY!!!!!! Plus, I know my lovely readers wanted an update ASAP, so here you go.

And now, I hope you guys subscribe, comment, upvote, and all that jazz!!! It makes me think you're enjoying the story.

And to the people who have already done the stuff above, free cookies!!! Many free cookies for you!!!

Ok, I'm out. See you on the next update!!!  :D

~~~~~~~bubble1765