Intro to Story

New Start, New Blood, New Love

'Today is the day.' Jongdae thought to himself as he laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He couldn't go to sleep. His alarm clock already read four sixteen AM. So, instead of trying to go to sleep, Jongdae decided to try and figure out how to break the news that the amazing detective duo, Jongdae and Chanyeol, were leaving. Jongdae and his best friend/roomate, Chanyeol, had been serving their town as detectives since they were 18, for about four years. They solved almost all of the cases they were put on, making the town almost crime free, and for that, everyone was grateful. Jongdae and Chanyeol were always greeted with smiles on everyone's faces, and the duo knew how much the town loved them, so they stayed, no matter how much pain it caused them. Jongdae and Chanyeol stayed for the people's sake, not on their own accord.

 

If Jongdae and Chanyeol were being honest, their hometown hadn't felt like home to them for a long time.

 

Ever since 'The Event,' the two hid their pain from the others. After the initital shock of 'The Event,' they always got looks of pity and sympathy. But soon, everyone either forgot or decided what had ruined the boys' lives wasn't significant anymore. As the boys grew up, they realized everyone expected them to move on, after the tragedy had plagued them for years. It still hurt, even thinking of the night heir lives changed forever. Jongdae knew Chanyeol was suffering more and more each day, so he finally decided to do something about it.

 

Jongdae decided to get him and Chanyeol away from the town of smiling people and painful memories.

 

At six forty-five AM, Jongdae got up to make breakfast. Exactly fifteen minutes later, Chanyeol came into the kitchen, sporting bloodshot eyes and dark circles under his eyes. Whether he was still half-asleep, or he had another had another restless night, Jongdae couldn't tell. But Jongdae couldn't wait to tell his friend the news, so he soon put food in front of Chanyeol's face.

 

"Morning." Jongdae greeted, and only receiving a grunt in response. After finishing their breakfast, Jongdae washed the dishes. Chanyeol was about to get up, but was stopped by Jongdae. 

 

"Sit down Yeol. I have something I wanna tell you." That got the younger's attention, so he automatically sat down. This didn't happen often. Jongdae soon sat across from Chanyeol, looking the latter right in the eyes.

 

"How bad to you want to get out of here? Work bigger cases, help more people, and maybe even get the guy that ruined our lives?" Jongdae asked his best friend. Chanyeol's eyes widened, not knowing where this was going.

 

"More than anything, Dae. You know that. Why is this coming up now?" Jongdae just smirked, knowing he was about to give Chanyeol the surprise of a lifetime. "What if I told you, Yeol, that the Seoul Police Department finally accepted our job application after seven months?" 

 

Chanyeol nearly fell out of his chair, he was so shocked. Jongdae laughed at his friend's frozen stupor, the sight being very rare nowadays. 

 

"Dae, are you serious right now? We're actually leaving?" Jongdae nodded at his friend's questions.

 

"It's time, Yeol. We need to leave. We may not be able to catch the guy, considering we have no idea if he's still in Korea. But in Seoul, we'll have a better shot. It's also a chance to help more people that may be suffering the same pain we went through. Plus, the pay is better." Chanyeol laughed at the last reason, knowing Jongdae was trying to lighten the mood a little.

 

"So, when do we leave?" Jongdae smiled. "We could leave today. Not much to pack, all we really need to do is tell the town. And somehow escape all the tears." Jongdae explained the situation. Chanyeol nodded, knowing facing the town was going to be hard, but it had to be done.

 

They were finally doing something to move their life foreward. Both Jongdae and Chanyeol knew, in that moment, they would never look back.

 

It was time for a fresh start...