Hyesungie!

Freedom To Love

Eric opened his eyes slowly and when he tried to get up, his head was throbbing painfully.

', my head!' Eric groaned.

When he looked around him, he realised that he was at Woodong's couple home. It's kinda normal for him to sleepover at their house if he was bored at his own house. But this time, he knew that Minwoo brought him here as he was drunk like hell last night.

He walked to the kitchen and saw aspirins with a glass of water on the table. He took and drank the water thirstily.

'You're up, at last' a voice commented.

When he looked behind, he saw Minwoo smiling at him.

'It wasn't a dream huh' he mumbled softly.

'Go take a shower and come to the living room. Dongwan and I have to talk to you' Minwoo said while patting his back.

(15 minutes later)

Eric went to the living room and slumped himself on the couch. Whenever he feel anxious, he would nibbled his fingers. That habit of his didn't go unnoticed by the couple.

'What happened yesterday?' Minwoo asked directly.

'Happened what?' Eric tried to avoid the subject.

'Why did you end up in my club? Where is Hyesung?'

Eric paused and reluctantly said, 'He's gone. I'm not going to see him ever again'

'What?' Minwoo couldn't digest what happened.

'I went to his house and it said the house was on sale, same goes to his mother's restaurant. I tried to find him everywhere but he was completely gone' Eric said and his tone showed he was about to cry.

'Don't give up, Eric. I promise that Minwoo, Erica and I will help you find Hyesung' Dongwan said calmly.

'Is it because Hyesung doesn't love me at all? That's why he left?' he said and started tearing up.

'No no! Don't say that Eric. Trust me when I say that he loves you too although I never met him before' Minwoo assured him.

'I just want to see him again ' Eric mumbled himself.

(3 months later)

Eric's life had been back to 'normal' only that there wasn't Hyesung anymore in his life. His parents eventually called him back home even though they hated what Eric had done. He cried with his sister whenever he missed the younger guy.

He became more colder and lifeless. To other people, he looked fine but to his real friends and family, he was so messed up.

'What's wrong?' Eric's grandmother asked when he came over to her house.

Eric ignored her question, instead he asked, 'Hmm... Grandma?' Eric leaned his head onto her shoulder.

'Yes, honey?'

'What was it like when you lost grandpa?' Eric asked.

'It was so painful that I felt like I want to go with him. I didn't sleep, talk, laugh and everything like it used to be' she smiled weakly.

'Then, what made you finally can accept his death?'

'I'm sure that even we're no longer together, we are still loving each other like how we were in our younger years. I'm sure that your grandpa wouldn't want to see me miserable and hurt alone. Being alive after he died is like being alive with him inside my heart and mind. Whatever I do, I do for both of us' Eric's grandmother explained in a way that Eric could understand.

And he did.

'Being alive with him inside my heart and mind' Eric muttered her words.

'I heard that you donated some money to hospitals that treat autistic people' his grandmother changed the subject when she saw a sad look on Eric's face.

'Yeah, I did. And now, I'm visiting them at every hospital every week if I have time' Eric said.

The reason why he donated was he hope that by donating the money, he could meet Hyesung there. Hyesung's mother mentioned that sometimes, they would go to the hospital for Hyesung's check ups. He tried to look for Hyesung everywhere but failed. He called everyone he knew but the response was still the same.

(A week later)

'Mr Eric Mun, thank you for donating for our autism foundation' the chief doctor greeted when he saw Eric arrived in front of the lobby.

'No problem. Shall we go see them?' Eric suggested.

The doctor nodded.

'The amount of autistic people here is not a lot because the rate of autism is low...' he started explaining to Eric.

After the tour, the chief doctor said, 'We have an autistic who is in a coma for 2 months now. Would you like to see him?'

Eric never encountered a case like that, so he agreed to meet the person.

'When he came, he was in a critical condition as he was experiencing a near-death experience. We managed to save him but not fully. At first, his mother couldn't afford the bill but thanks to your money, she now could sigh in relieved' he explained smiling.

'This way' he gestured and opened the door.

When the doctor showed the patient, Eric froze at his spot when he recognised the person.

Hyesungie!

He tried to caressed Hyesung's face with a shaking hands and when the touch of his face was familiar, he knew that he had found his Hyesung. He broke down into tears and fell onto the ground. The doctor and nurses were shocked to see Eric like that, so they leave him alone in the room.

'Hyesungie! Hyesungie! What happened?!' Eric cried louder.

Luckily there was only Hyesung's bed in the room.

As he was crying, he felt like someone was touching his shoulder. When he looked up, he saw Mrs Shin who was smiling sadly at him.

'Aunty!' he hugged him tightly and cried.

'Shhh, Eric. It's okay, it's not your fault. Shhhh' Mrs Shin tried to calm him down.

'H-How did this happen?' Eric said within his cries.

'Doctor said that Hyesung had a brain damage but it wasn't so bad, unlike the time where he first admitted' she explained.

After minutes of crying, Eric calmed down and sat beside Mrs Shin.

'I'm sorry' was the only thing Eric could say.

'It's not your fault, Eric-ah. I'm glad that you finally certain of your feelings'

'But... Look what happened now. It's all too late' he teared up a little.

'It wasn't your fault Eric-ah, please don't blame yourself. Hyesung wouldn't like that' she said calmly.

Eric nodded.

'I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that we've moved, it was a last minute plan as the cost of both the house and restaurant increased and we couldn't afford it. When we were moving, someone stole my handbag' she apologised.

'Don't be. As long as I can see Hyesung again' Eric looked at the 'sleeping' Hyesung lovingly.

'We fought before you guys moved' Eric decided to tell Mrs Shin the truth.

'I know' she nodded.

'I didn't realise that I expected something from Hyesung and I think that he doesn't have the same feelings like I do. When I told him about the engagement, he seemed so relaxed about it'

'He never know the feeling of loving someone more than a family and a friend. So, he didn't know how to express it' she explained.

Eric nod regretted, 'I know that now, aunty '

'Maybe when he wakes up, you can confess' she tried to cheer him up.

'Hopefully' Eric sighed.

Ever since he found Hyesung, Eric spent his evening at the hospital. He told everything that happened that day to Hyesung, hoping that the younger guy would woke up. He spent his weekends at Hyesung's new house, helping Mrs Shin at her new restaurant.

Although he spent most of his time with Hyesung, he didn't forget to spend with his family (his sister's family basically) and his friends. They seemed happy with Eric's recovery and also prayed that Hyesung would wake up soon.

'Did you know what happened?' Eric asked one day while on the way to the hospital.

'I don't know. I received a call from the hospital saying that Hyesung was hit by a car'

'Hit by a car?' Eric frowned.

Mrs Shin nodded, 'Hyesung isn't the type who is careless while on the road but you know what they said, accidents happen to everyone anywhere'

Eric was more curious about it. As far as he know, Hyesung didn't like to play on the roads. Heck, he was scared to cross the road by himself!

'You go ahead, aunty. I need to go to the toilet first' Eric said.

'Okay'

Going to the toilet was a lie. Eric actually wanted to see the doctor to ask him about what had cause Hyesung coma.

'Doctor Park' Eric called.

'Yes, Mr Mun?' he smiled.

'I want to know what happened to Hyesung' he said directly.

The doctor sighed and nodded, 'I knew you would eventually asked. As we all know, Hyesung was hit by a car. But when the police confronted the driver, he said that Hyesung suddenly appeared on the road. As if someone had pushed him. The driver didn't have time to stop but he pressed the brake pedal hard' he explained.

Eric's eyes widen.

Someone pushed Hyesung? Why?

'Do you know the location?'

'Yeah, Gangnam'

'Do you know the exact location?' Eric asked.

'Matter in fact, I do' he nodded.

'Text me the address please'

Eric decided to visit his friend who was working as a detective in Seoul. He didn't tell Mrs Shin about what he had known because he didn't want to make the old lady sad again.

(Next day)

'Where is the detective department?' Eric asked when he arrived at the police station.

'Level 2, first exit'

'Thanks'

When he went to the respective room, there were a lot of people. Some were with petty criminals, some were doing daily reports and some were just sleeping.

'Excuse me, where is Park Junjin?' Eric asked again.

'YAH, PARK JUNJIN!' he yelled.

'WHAT?!'

'SOMEONE IS LOOKING FOR YOU'

'WHO?!'

The guy looked at Eric and asked, 'What's your name?'

'Eric. Eric Mun'

The guy paused for awhile when he heard Eric's surname. Rather than shouting, he went to Junjin.

'Eric hyung!' Junjin grinned widely when he saw Eric who was standing at the door.

'Hey, Junjin' he shook hands with the younger guy.

'What are you doing here? Long time no see'

'I want your help on something' Eric said.

'Let's go to my desk then' he gestured.

After they sat, Eric immediately asked him.

'I want you to find any CCTV footages available at this street' Eric said and handed him a piece of paper.

'Hmm, I'll see what I can do. But it might take awhile'

'Check the footages two months ago, 15-25 June. Evening around 4 pm' Eric gave all the details he got from the doctor and Mrs Shin.

'Alright, hyung. No problem' Junjin gave an ok sign.

As they were talking, someone slammed the door opened with a harsh sound. It was their boss.

'PARK JUNJIN!' he yelled.

When Eric looked at the person, he assumed that he was younger than both Eric and Junjin. He has that innocent baby face that people won't expect him to be harsh.

'What is this?! Is this some kind of a joke to you?!' he slammed a bunch of papers on Junjin's table.

'This is my daily report' Junjin stated the obvious.

'I know that! But what the hell did you write in it?'

Junjin took the papers and read them.

'I caught two robbers. They ran so fast but I ran faster. I serve my country with pride and I'm proud to be a detective. Sincerely yours, Park Junjin'

Eric who listened to Junjin's useless report laughed. He knew that Junjin has always been lazy to write reports and essays. Junjin's boss realised that another person was between him and Junjin.

'I'm guessing you are this guy's friend' he remarked.

'Yup, he is. His name is Eric Mun. Eric, this is my boyfriend, Lee Andy' Junjin winked at Andy.

'YAH! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?! I AM NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND AND I WILL NEVER!' Andy shouted furiously.

'Whatever. You will fall for me eventually' Junjin shrugged his shoulder.

'Excuse me. I guess that my business here is done. Thanks for the help, Junjin' Eric interrupted and stood up to excuse himself.

'No problem, hyung!' Junjin waved goodbye happily.

As he was leaving, he could heard screaming and shouting between Junjin and Andy. It somehow made Eric smirked.

Oh, you will fall for my junior, Andy. Trust me when I said it.

(2 days later)

'Good evening, aunty. How is he doing?' Eric asked and looked at Hyesung who was still in coma.

'Just like that, not moving. Were you from work?' Mrs Shin asked when she looked at Eric who was in his work attire.

'Yeah' he smiled awkwardly.

'You don't have to be here everyday, you know. I'm sure you have other things to handle'

Mrs Shin was so grateful to have Eric by her side especially when she needed support and strength. Eric would help her with her restaurant and he would stayed overnight in the hospital during the weekends. She had already treated Eric like her own child.

'No, aunty. It's fine. I want to be here when Hyesung wakes up' Eric insisted.

'Have you eaten, Eric?'

Eric nodded.

'You can go eat, aunty. I'll stay here' Eric offered.

'Thanks, honey ' she patted his back.

Every time when Hyesung and Eric was alone, Eric would poured out his feelings towards him.

'Hyesungie, it's been 3 months since you last woke up. Don't you want to open your eyes and see me and mum? Don't you miss us? What's so good in your dream? I promise that when you wake up, I will confess to you. I'm sorry that we fought because I was so selfish when I only thought about me. Not your feelings. You must've been hurt by my words. I promise that I won't do it again if you wake up. Hyesungie...' Eric teared up again.

As he was sobbing softly, he felt a touch on his hand. He didn't expect much as he thought it was his illusion. But it wasn't! Hyesung's fingers were moving!

Eric took out his phone and dialled Mrs Shin's number. In seconds, she arrived. She teared up when she saw the miracles that was happening. Eric, on the other hand, called the doctor and nurses.

'Thank you, Lord' she prayed.

Then, Hyesung slowly opened his eyes. The doctor immediately went to do a checkup on Hyesung while Mrs Shin and Eric looked from behind. He gestured at Eric for them to discuss outside.

'M-Mum' Hyesung mumbled.

'Yes, son?!' Mrs Shin immediately went next to him.

'W-Water'

'Okay okay' she poured a glass of water and gave it to him.

'Slowly... Slowly... Drink it slowly, Hyesung-ah'

'Mum, where is Eric?' Hyesung innocently asked.

Meanwhile...

'How was he, doctor?' Eric asked.

'Fortunately, everything is back to normal since his brain didn't affected him much. But somehow, he needed some rest. Plenty of them' he explained.

As they were discussing, the door was opened and Mrs Shin peeked out.

'Eric-ah, Hyesung is asking about you' she smiled.

'Excuse me, doctor. We'll discuss further next day' Eric excused himself and walked inside the room with her.

His legs were shaking as he walked towards Hyesung. When Hyesung saw Eric, his face lit up and grinned widely at him.

The smile that I miss so much.

Eric immediately hugged Hyesung tightly.

'Oh God, Hyesung! I miss you so much! I'm sorry that I yelled at you!' Eric rambled.

'I miss you too... It's okay... I know... I know you didn't mean it... You won't leave me again right...' Hyesung hugged him back.

'No, I won't. I promise'

While they were talking with Hyesung, Eric received a call. When he saw the caller ID, he excused himself.

'What's up, Junjin?' Eric said as soon as he picked up the phone.

'Hyung! I think I know what you want from the footages' Junjin replied.

'And?'

'The guy had been pushed!' he exclaimed.

Eric clenched his fist.

'Alright, I'll be there right now' Eric said. He didn't want to talk through phone, he wanted to see by himself.

Eric went inside the room and smiled at Hyesung. Hyesung just woke up and now he had to go. He felt awfully bad.

'Hyesungie, I have to go to settle some stuff. Stay here okay, I'll be right back' Eric said softly and gently.

Hyesung shook his head vigorously and hugged Eric's hand, 'NO! I don't want you to go! You'll leave me again!' he started crying.

Eric sighed, 'No, Hyesung. I won't. I already promised, didn't I?'

'I don't want!'

Eric sighed again. He had an idea when he looked at his wrist.

'Take this as my promise. I'll come to take it when I come back' Eric said and wore his bracelet onto Hyesung's wrist.

'Promise?' Hyesung said once he stopped sobbing.

'Promise' he smiled.

'I'll call you later, aunty' Eric excused himself.

'Alright, goodbye Eric' Mrs Shin patted his hair.