Happy Ever After

Freedom To Love

'That's all for now. Good job, guys! See you next week' Hyesung concluded his class today and grinned widely.

'Thank you, Teacher Hyesung' they all bowed.

'Welcome!' he said and bid goodbye.

After packing, Hyesung was ready to get home. As he was walking, he saw an old lady picking up some stuffs. As a nice guy like he was been raised, he went to help her.

'Let me help you, grandma' Hyesung said as he helping her.

When the old lady looked at Hyesung, her eyes went wide. It was the same guy who helped her with her grocery bags.

'It's you!' she remarked.

'Me?' Hyesung tilted his head.

'You helped me with my grocery bags, remember?' she helped Hyesung to recall the incident.

'Oh, that grandma! Hello, grandma. It's nice to see you again' Hyesung said cheerfully.

'Yes, hello. Hmm, what's your name honey?' she said sweetly.

'Hyesung! Shin Hyesung'

Sounds familiar.

'That's a lovely name' she praised.

'Yeah, my mum named me when she found me at the bridge!'

The old lady kept quiet when she understood his words. He was abandoned by his real mum.

'Are you going home now? Do you want me to give you a ride?' she changed the subject.

'Nah, it's okay grandma. My house is not far from here' Hyesung declined politely.

As they were talking, the old lady unconsciously told him about her grandson.

'You know, my grandson is missing' she sighed.

Hyesung halted his steps and looked at her in horror.

'What? Where did he go? Is he alright? Have you called the police?' he bombarded him with questions.

'He is fine. He ran away from home when his parents disowned him. I didn't know about that and when I found out, I immediately go and try to look for him' she explained and wasn't sure if Hyesung understood her.

But he did.

'Have you found him?'

She shook her head, 'No, but I know where he lives' she smiled.

'That's great then! You can see him tomorrow!' Hyesung gave her an encouraging smile.

'Yeah, I'm going to see him tomorrow' she nodded in agreement.

'I have to go now, mum is waiting. Goodbye, grandma! I hope you can meet your grandson tomorrow' Hyesung gave her a hug and waved his hands.

'Thank you, son' she smiled and waved back.

(Next evening)

'Hyesungie, I'm bored' Eric randomly whined when they were watching TV. Mrs Shin had gone out and probably going to get home at night.

'What do you want to do?'

'Let's watch some movies!' Eric suggested.

'Really?'

Eric nodded.

'HURRAY!' Hyesung jumped in excitement.

Since Eric was wearing suitable clothes to go out, he didn't have to change anymore.

'I'm going to wait for you outside. Hurry up okay' Eric gestured and walked out the house.

'Okay' Hyesung quickly ran to his room and got changed.

When Eric stepped outside of the house, he seriously didn't expect to see his grandmother.

'G-Grandma?' he stuttered.

'Hello, Eric. Long time no see' she smiled sweetly.

'Grandma!' Eric ran up to her and hugged her tightly. He teared up a bit when he finally meet his beloved grandmother after how many months.

'I miss you, Eric-ah!' she said, tearing up too.

'I miss you too' he muffled.

'Where have you been, dear?'

Eric looked at her and started to tell her everything including about Hyesung.

'I can't wait for you to meet Hyesung. He went to change his clothes since we were supposed to go movies together' Eric explained.

Suddenly, the house door swung opened and stood Hyesung who was grinning happily.

'ERIC-AH! Let's go watch some movies!' Hyesung said cheerfully.

He walked towards the smiling Eric and saw a familiar figure who was looking at him with a stunned expression. Then, the figure smiled sweetly at him as if she remembered who Hyesung was.

'Grandma!' Hyesung said loudly and gave her a hug.

Grandma?

Eric was so confused of what happened.

'I knew that I would've known you when Eric said your name' she said gladly.

'Eh? Is that mean Eric is your grandson who was missing?' Hyesung looked at her with confusion.

'Yes, honey. And I'm glad he is safe and living happily with you' she smiled.

'Wait wait wait! How in the world did you guys know each other?' Eric said in disbelief.

'Well, this cute boy randomly helped me with my grocery bags. Twice, to be exact' Madam Mun smiled at Hyesung.

'Let's go inside and talk, guys!' Hyesung said and dragged Madam Mun inside the house.

'Movies?'

'Movies can wait!'

They were talking while having some tea that was made by Eric. Eric couldn't deny that he missed his grandmother so much and now, it seemed like she grown fond of Hyesung.

'Eric-ah, come home please. I miss you' Madam Mun pleaded.

'I miss you too, grandma. But I won't come home, not when they couldn't accept Hyesung as my boyfriend' Eric said firmly while holding Hyesung's hand.

'Don't worry about it. Grandma will settle it for you guys. Plus, I approve Hyesung as my grandson-in-law' she smiled sweetly.

'Really? You would help me?' Eric asked in disbelief.

'Of course. All I want is to have my grandson back. And with his boyfriend' she smirked.

'Hyesung-ah?' Madam Mun called.

'Yes, grandma' he smiled.

'I would like to introduce you to the whole family'

'.....No' Hyesung said after a long pause.

'Why not, Hyesung-ah?' she asked calmly.

'They... They won't like me' he shook her head.

'Hyesungie, don't worry. Grandma and I will be there for you' Eric said softly.

'Really?' he looked up and saw two pair of eyes looking at him smiling.

'Really' both Madam Mun and Eric said.

'Okay then! I want to meet them' Hyesung finally smiled.

They talked a little bit more and when it was about time to leave, Madam Mun bid goodbye. She planned to have a big family meeting this weekend to introduce Hyesung to the family.

'See you this weekend, grandma' Eric said and kissed her cheeks.

'See you, my dear' she smiled.

'Bye bye, grandma!' Hyesung said cheerfully and hugged her tightly.

'Bye bye, Hyesung-ah' she patted his hair.

(Few days later)

Eric took out his phone and dialled a number.

'Eric-ah! How are you? Why didn't you call me? Don't you miss me?'

'Hey, sis. I am fine, thank you. I just called you a week ago, so stop being dramatic. Hyesung said hi, btw'

'Oh, hi Hyesung! Anyway, why did you call?'

'Grandma is having a grand meeting this weekend right?'

'How did you know?'

'She called' Eric lied.

'She wanted to introduce Hyesung to the whole family'

'Really?! OMG, yes!' she squealed in excitement.

'I want your help with something'

'Anything you want, brother'

'Take Hyesung out for shopping please'

'No problem at all! Do you want me to pick him up?' Erica asked as she already knew where Ricsyung couple lived.

'No, it's alright. Meet us at Apgujeong tomorrow'

'Alright!'

(Next day)

After lunch, Eric told Hyesung to go shopping with Erica. When the younger guy asked why didn't he follow him, Eric lied saying that he had to meet some friends when actually, he didn't know anything about shopping. They waited in the car until they saw Erica.

'Oh, there she is!' Hyesung said happily when he saw Erica who was walking towards Eric's car.

'Have fun, Hyesungie' Eric said before pecking Hyesung's lips.

'Alright! Bye bye, Eric!' he waved goodbye and got off the car.

When Erica and Hyesung met, they looked so happy and Erica seemed so excited to bring Hyesung shopping.

'So, let's find you something good to wear' Erica said.

They wandered around the shop for an hour and went to the second last shop.

'Wait here okay, Hyesung. I need to ask the salesgirl something'

'Okay!' Hyesung nodded and waited for Erica.

As Hyesung was looking at the beautiful clothes, he accidentally bumped into some rich ladies causing them to hit the mirror nearby.

'I'm sorry! I'm sorry!' Hyesung immediately apologised.

'Watch where are you going, boy! We are the VIPs here. I could get you fired!' they scolded.

They assumed that Hyesung worked there.

'I'm sorry! I didn't see you guys! And you guys weren't looking straight when walking' Hyesung said with honesty which was a bad timing at that time.

'What did you say?!'

'Yah, how dare you!'

'I want to talk to your manager now!'

Erica came back and witnessed the scene. She frowned when she looked at the frightened Hyesung who was being scolded by the ladies.

'Excuse me? What is going on here?' Erica asked.

'Your staff is being really really rude. I can't believe you would hire a stupid boy like him!' one of them hissed.

Erica was stunned by her rude words. She was certain that whatever happened wasn't Hyesung's fault.

'Staff, you say? I'm sorry but I am a customer here. And this guy right here is my brother' she defended Hyesung.

'Then, go teach your brother some manners' she hissed.

'And go teach yourself to buy an original branded bag. It's so pathetic seeing you walking around with cheap items especially when you're in an expensive shop' Erica fired back when she realised that those ladies were wearing fake handbags.

The ladies were speechless and couldn't say anything. With that, Erica dragged Hyesung out the shop and continued to look for the perfect clothes. And finally, they found it.

'This is so perfect on you, Hyesung!' Erica gasped when Hyesung went out form the changing room.

'Really? I feel different'

'But you'll get used to it, don't worry. Let's buy this now!' she said excitedly.

'Eric would love to see you wear this' Erica said smiling.

'You think so?' Hyesung asked as if he was uncertain.

'I am 100% sure' she nodded.

(The weekend)

Hyesung didn't show his suit to Eric at all as he wanted to make it a surprise. And Eric being Eric just played along with it. Madam Mun had told Eric to come to the house earlier and that she had asked someone to pick Hyesung up.

'See you later, Hyesungie' Eric smiled.

'You'll be there, right? You won't leave me alone?'

'I would never leave you alone' he assured him.

'Okay then. Goodbye!' Hyesung kissed Eric's cheeks and bid goodbye.

(At the grand meeting)

Everyone had arrived including Eric's parents. When they saw Eric sitting with his sister's family, they got angry.

'Why are you here? You don't belong here anymore!' Mrs Mun said who obviously didn't forgive Eric.

'Grandma told me to come. I don't belong in your family, but I'm sure as hell I belong in grandma's' Eric defended himself.

'Whatever' she rolled her eyes and sat far away from Eric.

'It's okay, baby bro. I'm here' Erica said encouragingly.

'I know' he smiled.

Then, the grand meeting started.

'The reason why I call all of you is because I have something to tell. But before that, I would like to introduce you to Eric's love interest. When I found out that Sara and Jack forced Eric to get married to some unknown girl, I let them be because it was their business and I didn't have the right to interfere. But when I saw my grandson suffered because of it, I knew I had to interfere. I couldn't believe that my daughter would disown her own child just because he found the love of his life' Madam Mun said sternly which made Mr and Mrs Mun embarrassed.

'So, now... I would like to introduce you to Shin Hyesung' Madam Mun announced.

With that, the door was swung opened and a really good looking guy with pretty features walked into the hall slowly and timidly. The people there started whispering saying that he was suitable for Eric.

'G-Good evening. My name is Hyesung... Shin Hyesung' he said politely and bowed.

When Eric looked at him, it was as if he was falling in love again with Hyesung. Hyesung was more handsome than usual because of the navy blue suit he was wearing. Erica who noticed Eric's expression smirk.

'Yah, I help him to choose that suit' she winked.

All Eric could response was a thumb up because he was busy admiring Hyesung.

'Hyesung dear, come sit here' Madam Mun said softly and gestured him to sit beside her.

When he started walking towards his seat, he unconsciously made an eye contact with Eric's mum. His eyes went wide and he ran out of the room quickly. Madam Mun didn't know what made Hyesung ran but Eric was quite sure something was wrong.

'Excuse me' Eric excused himself to go looking for Hyesung.

'Where is he?' Eric asked the butlers.

'He ran towards the garden'

Eric went outside and saw Hyesung at the bench. The younger guy was shaking and he didn't know why.

'Hyesungie?' Eric called softly.

'E-Eric-ah' Hyesung said with a shaking voice. His eyes were teary.

'What's wrong?' Eric hugged him as a comfort.

'The... The evil aunty is here... I don't... Want to see her' he mumbled with a frighten voice.

Evil aunty..? It can't be?!

'Wait..' Eric took out his phone and searched for a picture.

'Is this her?' Eric showed him the picture.

Hyesung nodded and looked away because he didn't want to look at it.

Eric held his hand firmly and made Hyesung looked at him, 'What did she tell you?'

'She said that... That people like me don't deserve to be loved... When... I ask why, she said because I'm not smart and worthless... But you said, everyone deserves to be love... And that's including me right' Hyesung explained.

Now, everything explained it all. One night, Hyesung suddenly asked Eric if he deserved to be Eric's boyfriend. Eric was shocked by his sudden question and immediately assured him. Luckily, he understood and gave him his usual smile.

'How did she meet you?' Eric interrogated.

'She was waiting for me in front of the school and she said that she is someone you know'

Mum had gone overboard!

'Hyesung, listen here! Whatever nonsense that she said, don't listen. She is just lying' Eric cupped Hyesung's cheek and looked at him seriously.

'Do you understand me?' Eric asked.

Hyesung nodded.

'Good then. Let's go inside. Grandma is waiting' Eric held his hands and walked inside the mansion again.

When Hyesung walked inside, he avoided looking at Mrs Mun. Instead he quickly sat next to Madam Mun. He also apologised to her for running away.

'I am sorry for running away, grandma. It was rude of me' he apologised.

'It's okay, dear. As long as you come back' she smiled.

'Let the meeting begin' Madam Mun announced.

'I have approve Hyesung to be my grandson-in-law and I would like to set up date for their marriage ceremony. With or without your approval, Sara' she glared at Eric's mum.

'As you all know, I'll be stepping down as the title Chairman this year and one of my grandsons will have the title. After long consideration, I'm going to choose Eric Mun as my next successor' she paused.

Eric didn't know about this at all and he looked at his grandma as confusion.

'I have said that the grandson's family will be given 50% of the small fortune if he was chosen. But now, I'm going to change it. 15% will go to Sara and Jack while the other 35% will go to Hyesung's family'

'What?! You cannot do this, mum! Hyesung is no one!' Mrs Mun protested.

'Hyesung is going to be my grandson-in-law and that's certain. I can do whatever I want because if you can disown your own child, heck, I can do it too!' she said angrily.

'Ugh, I'm out of here!' she groaned furiously and walked out the house together with her husband.

Madam Mun discussed further about some things. It appeared that everyone agreed with her words and there wasn't any objection.

Ever since the meeting, Eric have talked to Mrs Shin about it and she was beyond happy. He told her that he wanted to get married after Hyesung graduated which she agreed. It was sad for Eric and Hyesung when Eric had finally move out the house to live with his grandma, since he is now the Chairman of the company.

'I'm going to miss you, Eric-ah' Hyesung hugged him tightly.

'I'm going to miss you too, Hyesungie. Listen, I might be busy with work and I might not see you everyday. But I promise that I'll come to you every weekend okay'

'Promise?' Hyesung held out his pinky finger.

'Promise' he linked his pinky finger with Hyesung's.

Eric had planned to save money to buy a house for both Hyesung and him before their marriage. He would tried to persuade Mrs Shin to stay at his grandma's house because he didn't want Mrs Shin to be all alone. Plus, she could accompany his grandma who was already lonely in the house.

On Hyesung's birthday, Eric finally proposed. It wasn't so grand but instead it was sweet and light. Just the way Eric liked it. The look on Hyesung's face was priceless as he looked like the happiest luckiest guy on Earth. He cried a little when Eric put on the ring into his finger.

'This shows that I always love you and I would never ever going leave you, Hyesungie'

'I will always love you too, Eric-ah' he grinned widely.