Hello Again, Stranger

Freedom To Love

A/N : As promised :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Mr Mun, you have a meeting later' Lara said when she saw Eric who was ready to leave the office.

'Postpone. It can wait' Eric said shortly and walked off. 

All the secretary could do was to sigh.

It's been a week since Eric last saw Hyesung and during that period of time, Eric studied about autism. He even contacted a specialist about it!

He drove to the town where he first met Hyesung. He was hoping to meet Hyesung at the bridge again when he sat on the edge, but all he got was random people passing by. He then drove to the place where he sent Hyesung but it seemed that the house was empty.

Suddenly, his stomach growled. Eric was hungry as he skipped his lunch just now to finish his presentation. To be honest, Eric never eat at those kind of restaurants that was in the town. If his parents knew that he wanted to eat those kind of place, they would kill him for sure. 

But today, he just didn't care.

He saw a noodle restaurant and decided to eat there as he was craving to eat that. He parked his car not far from there and walked in. Eric sat at the secluded area since those kind of areas are his favourites. People stared at him in awe as they rarely saw a rich people there.  

'What would you like to order, son?' the owner of the restaurant said in a friendly tone.

'Your signature dish, please' Eric said.

'Alright, coming right up!' she said and left to the kitchen.

Since Eric back facing everyone in restaurant, he couldn't see what was happening behind him. Especially when he heard some ugly scenes which he didn't want to care about.

'Yah, old lady!' a harsh voice called.

The owner came out from the kitchen and slowly made her way to the table. The owner of the harsh voice knocked the table harshly multiples of times.

'When are you going to pay me?! You told me that you're going to pay me last week! When?!' he yelled. 

All the other customers kept quiet and avoided eye contact with the landlord.

'I'm sorry, Mr... I promise next week I'll pay' she trembled.

'BULL! I had enough of you saying that! Do you want me to close this shop?!' 

This time, the big guy threw the bowl and cups onto the ground causing them to break into pieces.

'No... No... I promise...' she begged.

'Food is terrible... People are slow...' the landlord started to insult.

'Stop it! Don't hurt mum!' 

A voice suddenly teller and it caught Eric's attention. When he looked behind, he was surprised to see Hyesung who protected the old lady who he assumed 'mother' by standing in front of her with his arms wide opened.

The landlord tsk and rolled his eyes, 'Yah, retard! You better go away before I hurt you. I don't want deal with stupid and slow people!'

'I said go away!' Hyesung shouted while pushing the landlord onto the floor.

'Tsk, this brat!' he cursed and when he was about to hit Hyesung, someone grabbed his hand tightly.

'I don't like to see violence in front of me. It disgusts me' Eric said coldly.

'Who the fck are you telling me what to do?!' the landlord tried to free himself but Eric's grip was strong.

'I am someone who can make your life upside down in one second. Try me if you dare' Eric gripped his hand tighter causing him to yelp in pain.

'Let me go... It hurts!' Eric could see that he was about to cry, so he let him go.

'How much do they owe you?' Eric asked straight to the point.

'500000 won' 

Eric took out a cheque book in his pocket and looked at the landlord, 'Pen' he said.

The landlord quickly gave his pen when he knew what was going on. As soon as Eric wrote down the amount, he gave to the landlord but pulled away.

'This is the debt and 5 months advance. So, don't make me see you here' Eric said.

'No problem. Everything is good now' the landlord grinned widely and looked at the cheque like a lion who was about to eat its prey.

'Go' Eric commanded. 

With that, the landlord walked out the restaurant with pleasant feelings.

'Greedy bastard' Eric cursed under his breath.

Eric looked at Hyesung who was standing behind his mother.

'Good to see you again, Hyesung' Eric started the conversation.

Hyesung tilted his head and looked at him with confusion, 'Who are... You?'

It would be a lie if Eric said he wasn't hurt to hear that. But then, he remembered that Hyesung is autistic.

How should I describe myself? Handsome guy who send you home? Or... Oh right!

'The guy who wanted to jump from the bridge' Eric explained.

I can't believe that I just admitted that.

It took Hyesung for awhile to understand but once he got it, he grinned widely.

'I know!' Hyesung said excitedly.

Hyesung's mother who had been quiet spoke up, 'Hyesung, can you please wait inside? I need to talk to him' she said sweetly to Hyesung.

'Okay' Hyesung nodded but Eric could see his cute pout before he walked inside the kitchen.

After Hyesung was gone, his mum could finally talked to Eric.

'I don't know how did you know my son but about just now, I'll pay back your money ASAP. Just please give me time' 

'It's okay. You don't have to pay me' Eric declined.

'Please let me pay back. I don't like to owe people especially the rich ones' she insisted.

Eric sighed, 'I'm just being sincere. Just think of this as a gift from me' 

'A gift?'

'For giving birth to Hyesung'  

Great. Now you sound like a weirdo.

Hyesung's mum chuckled weakly, 'I assume that you already know about his condition. But unfortunately, I'm just his foster mother' 

She made her way to one of the tables in the restaurant and sat on the chair. Eric could just followed her silently and sat next to her.

'What happened to his parents?' Eric started asking.

'I guess that being different in a special way doesn't suit his parents. They left him when he was 3, right after they found out about his autistic. I found him on the bridge during the winter. Right at that moment, I knew that he's going to make my miserable life happy. And he does' she smiled thinking about Hyesung.

Eric caressed her hand and smiled, 'Let him change my life too' 

There were some tears in the corner of her eyes but she quickly wiped it. She stood up and said, 'Fine, I'll let you be friends with Hyesung. But if you try to hurt him, I will bury you alive' 

Eric gulped nervously and nodded as understanding. Hyesung's mum seemed satisfied and so, she called Hyesung out.

'Hyesung, honey' she called.

Not a minute later, Hyesung came out.

'Hyesung, say thank you Eric for helping us' she said gently.

'Thank you... Eric' he said shyly.

'Your most welcome' 

'But why do you help us? Because... You are a stranger' he suddenly asked.

Come on... Does he still think I'm a stranger? I freaking sent him home last week!

'Are we going to be strangers if we're friends?' Eric asked back.

'Mum said... Friends are not...strangers' 

'Okay then. Let's be friends! My name is Eric Mun. You can call me Eric' Eric introduced himself and took out one of his hands.

Hyesung's face lit up and slowly shook hands with the older guy, 'Yes, we are friends now! I have a new friend, I have a new friend...' Hyesung sang happily.

'Do you want to show me around the town? I never been here' Eric suggested.

'Let me ask mum' Hyesung said.

He looked at his mum and asked, 'Mum, can I show Eric around the town? He never been here' 

'Sure. But I expect him to send you back here before 6' his mum said while giving a threatening look to Eric.

'Alright, madam' Eric bowed slightly.

Therefore, Eric spent his entire evening checking out Hyesung's town. As they were walking, Eric noticed there was a small school up the hill and Hyesung was walking towards the direction. 

'This is my school. Since I'm not smart like other people, I have to learn here. So that, I can be smart like them!' Hyesung said happily.

You are not, Shin Hyesung.

Eric's heart ache when he heard the word 'I'm not smart' from Hyesung's mouth. But he tried his best to ignore it. In response, Eric said nothing.

After that, Eric walked Hyesung home when the clock was 15 minutes before 6. He promised that he'll come again on another day and that made Hyesung excited. 

'Thank you for today, Eric-ah!'

'You're welcome' he smiled.

'Bye bye then. I want to eat my dinner now. You should go back home too, to eat your dinner' Hyesung waved childishly.

Eric chuckled while nodding, 'I think I should'

When Hyesung went inside after closing the door, Eric could heard him saying loudly.

'MUM, I'M HOME' Hyesung yelled cheerfully.

How can he look so happy living in this cruel world?