Belong

Freedom To Love

'Junjin!' Eric called.

'Here, hyung!'

A pair of hands waved at the corner of the room.

'Where's the footage?' Eric asked as soon as he arrived at Junjin's table.

'This one' Junjin pointed on the screen.

The footage showed people who was waiting to cross the road and among the people, there was a guy who is biting his fingers anxiously. Eric smiled as he knew that habit of Hyesung. He always bit his fingers whenever he's nervous and scared. Suddenly, he was pushed in front and got hit by a car. Eric immediately stopped the footage as he couldn't bear to see it. It took him all of his courage to replay it. But this time, the footage was played slower.

'Stop!' Eric said and instantly, Junjin stopped the footage.

'Replay it slowly as possible' he ordered.

'Now, stop' Eric said.

He snapped his fingers in victory when he caught the person in action. When he leaned forward, his eyes widen.

Jimin!

'Save this record and send it to me' Eric ordered.

'Okay, hyung' Junjin nodded.

(A week later)

Even though Eric had 'failed' his parents, they still wanted Eric to marry Jimin. As a result, Jimin was at his house because Eric's parents wanted to introduce her to the family especially when the Big Lady (grandmother) was there. Not as a fiancé, but as a future wife.

They sat together during dinner and Eric kept on glaring at Jimin. She noticed the glare but she just tried to ignore it.

How disgusting!

'The reason why we wanted to have a dinner tonight is because we have something to tell you, mother' Mr Mun started the conversation.

'And what is it?'

'Eric is getting married! To Jimin!' Mrs Mun announced excitedly.

Madam Mun couldn't hide her surprise. She looked at her beloved grandson and saw the sad and anger look on his face.

'Hello, grandma. My name is Jimin' Jimin introduced herself sweetly.

How fake can you be?

Erica who was sitting next to Eric gave a light squeeze as a support.

He clenched his fist tightly and said, 'I'm not going to get marry to her'

'What?! We had already agree about it!' Mrs Mun looked at him in horror.

'No! You decided that on your own' Eric retorted.

He had enough with his parents. All the respect that he had for them have gone. Enough that he tried to please them and in the end, Hyesung and him had to suffer.

'Eric Mun!' Eric's dad called angrily.

'SILENCE!' Madam Mun finally spoke up in anger.

The whole dining room was quiet.

'Eric?' she called Eric softly.

'Yes, grandma?' he looked up and saw the smile on her face.

'Do you have someone?'

The way she looked at Eric was like she knew that he had someone special in his life. She was just waiting for him to tell them by himself with confident.

'Yes. His name is Shin Hyesung' he said calmly.

'WHAT?!?!' Mrs Mun said in horror.

His father was so shocked that he didn't know what to say.

'That weirdo?' Jimin blurted out but she quickly shushed .

'At least he's not a murderer who tried to kill someone' Eric hissed.

Jimin's face was priceless. She turned pale and when she tried to drink water, she reached for the glass with a shaking hands.

'What now? Did a cat just bite your tongue?' Eric smirked.

Everyone was looking at Jimin including the shocked parents.

'N-No' she looked away.

Eric snapped his fingers as a cue. Instantly, his maid walked inside the dining room and handed them a piece of paper. She bowed politely and exited the room.

'Care to explain?' Eric asked.

'T-That's not me' she looked away.

'Fair enough. I guess that you'll meet my lawyer very soon. Oh yeah, I suggest you hire the best among the best. I don't want you to lose' Eric sarcastically.

Jimin who couldn't bear the embarrassment quickly ran out from the house after she started crying.

'Just so you know, the only one that I love is Hyesung' Eric confessed.

His dad wanted to say something furiously and Eric cut him off.

'Let me tell you about him. He is a smart autistic guy. A cheerful and happy guy although everyone does is judging him when he did nothing wrong. And I won't regret anything if I don't leave him' Eric commented shortly.

'ERIC MUN!' his dad had enough.

'Leave him for once or we will disown you from the family!' her mum threatened.

They already forgot that Lady Mun was there. When she did a fake cough, everyone looked at her.

'I'm sorry, mum but this kid has gone too much. He humiliated us twice and we need to teach him a lesson' Mrs Mun said seriously.

'Fair enough. I'll get going now. And Sara, don't regret your decision' Madam Mun stood up and walked out with her bodyguards.

'Where are you going?!' Mr Mun shouted when he saw Eric was leaving.

He just ignored him.

After a few minutes, Eric came down from his room with his luggage and stood in the dining room.

'I don't care if you're going to disown me. It's better to live with people who love and appreciate me. I'll show you that I am more capable than you think' Eric said seriously.

He looked at his sister and brother-in-law for the last time and smiled. His sister mouthed 'Good luck' while his brother gave a supporting smile.

(At the hospital)

'Eric! Eric!' Hyesung called from his bed.

'Yes?'

'The doctor said I can go home today' Hyesung clapped his hands happily.

'Really? That's good. Have you packed your things?'

'Yup! Mum packed it for me'

'Are you ready to leave, Hyesung-ah?' Mrs Shin asked when she came into the room.

Hyesung nodded excitedly.

'Let's go home then' Eric smiled.

'What's this, Eric?' Mrs Shin asked when she saw a luggage at the passenger's seat.

'It's nothing' Eric lied as he put the luggage into the car bonnet.

(At Hyesung's house)

'Eric! Eric! Let me show you my new house' Hyesung excitedly said.

Even though Eric had been Hyesung's house for many times during his coma, he just went ahead with Hyesung. When they were alone in Hyesung's room, Eric finally confessed.

'Hyesung, I want to talk to you'

'Yes?'

'I don't know if you're going to understand but I love you'

'I love you too' he grinned widely.

'No, you don't understand' he whined.

'Then?'

'I love you more than a friend, than a family'

'Me too' he smiled.

But Eric wasn't sure with Hyesung's words.

'You still don't get it. I love you that I want to marry you!' Eric stressed out.

'You... You want to marry me?' Hyesung asked with confusion.

'Yes, Hyesungie. That's how much I love you. I want to spend my entire life with you. Do you understand now?'

'But... I'm serious too... I love you in a different way... Not like how I love mum... When I asked mum, she said that I love you as... As a lover'

'Damn right' Eric smiled proudly.

'What's a lover?' Hyesung tilted his head.

Eric facepalmed.

'A lover is someone who you can be honest with, someone who you know that is going to be there for you, someone who have faith in you and give you the strength and support. And lastly, a lover is someone who can only do this to you...'

Eric paused at the end of his sentence. He leaned forward to Hyesung and gave him a gently and soft kiss on the lips. The kiss was sloppy since it was Hyesung's first time but at the same time, it was nice.

'EEHHHHH??' Hyesung's eyes widen.

'Shhh, you don't have to be surprised' Eric put his hands onto Hyesung's mouth.

'What are you boys shouting for?' Mrs Shin asked from the kitchen.

'Nothing!' Eric claimed.

'We're lovers right? Like boyfriend and boyfriend?' Eric wanted to make sure that Hyesung totally understand.

'Y-Yes!' Hyesung nodded shyly and when he saw a wide grin on Eric's face, he jumped onto Eric to hug him tightly.

'So, next time don't be surprised if I do like this. This is what we call a kiss' Eric gave a quick peck on Hyesung's lips.

'A kiss?'

'Yeah, a kiss. And I'm the only one who can kiss you here' Eric gave another quick peck.

'I like your kiss! It's sweet!' Hyesung giggled.

Eric blushed at Hyesung's remarks, 'Yah, you don't have to say like that openly!' he said shyly.

'Boys, come down to have some snacks!' Mrs Shin called.

'Coming!' Hyesung and Eric both exclaimed.

After they ate, Eric kept thinking about earlier incident at the dining table. It wasn't like he regretted leaving the house, it was more like he needed to think how to survive since he was now all alone. Obviously, by now his parents had cut off all his finance and he can't go to work anymore. And most importantly, where is he going to stay. He has his own apartment but it was under his parent's name.

'What's wrong, Eric?' Mrs Shin asked when she saw the troubled look on Eric's face.

'Nothing, aunty' he gave a fake smile.

'I know that look, Eric. You don't have to lie to me' she said softly.

Eric sighed and told Mrs Shin everything, 'I told my parents about Hyesung and I. I wasn't shocked when they gave their response. They literally disown their own son' he chuckled weakly.

'Not because I love a guy, but because....' Eric then looked at Hyesung who was making origamis.

'I understand' she nodded.

'But I don't regret my decision. Initially, I thought that Hyesung needed to be protected by the society but in the end, he taught me about the beautiful side of the cruel world. I feel sad that my parents cannot see that side of it because they are busy chasing materialistic things'

Mrs Shin squeezed Eric's hands gently as a support.

'What are you going to do now?'

'I don't know. But I know I have to find a job soon to manage myself'

'How about you work at my restaurant and stay with us?' she suggested.

'Ehh?' Eric was surprised to hear those words.

'I mean... I can't pay you a high amount of money but the money can make you survive for the time being. And to save cost, stay with us!' she said happily.

'But I don't want to trouble you' Eric said softly.

'No trouble at all, Eric! Just think this as a gift' she winked.

Eric chuckled when she used his words when they first met each other at her restaurant.

'Hahaha, if that's okay with you' Eric stood up and bowed 90 degree politely to her.

'Hyesung-ah!' Mrs Shin called.

'Yes?'

'Eric will be staying with us from now on' she patted his hair softly.

'Really? Yay!' Hyesung's face lit up and hugged the older guy tightly.

'This is going to be fun' he mumbled while burying his face on Eric's chest.

'It will' Eric hugged him back and planted a kiss on his head.

Mrs Shin faked a cough when they were in their own world. Instantly, the blushing Eric took a few steps back from Hyesung.

Hyesung who didn't get what happened just smiled widely and linked his arms with Eric's.

'Mum, Eric is now my boyfriend! No more friends' he said proudly.

Why must he tell her?!

'Mr. Eric. Mun. Care to explain?' she raised her eyebrows.

Eric chuckled awkwardly and took a sit opposite Mrs Shin with Hyesung beside him.

'Mrs Shin, thank you for raising Hyesung well in this world. Because of that, I've found the purpose of living and being Hyesung by my side has making my day brighter and happier. Having him acknowledge my existence in his life made me feel special and appreciated. So, please... Accept me as his boyfriend!' Eric said sincerely with serious tone and bowed politely to Mrs Shin to get her approval.

Seeing his boyfriend bowed, Hyesung bowed too after saying, 'Please accept him as my boyfriend, mum!'

Mrs Shin thought that the scenario in front of her was too sweet to pretend to be mad. She laughed wholeheartedly at the couple. It wasn't like she wasn't expecting it because when she saw Hyesung and Eric being together, she saw love.

'What if I say I don't want to accept him?' she joked.

Hyesung gave her his horror face, 'Why not, mum? I like Eric! Very very much!' he then hugged Eric as if he was trying to keep Eric away from Mrs Shin.

'More than me?' she sounded amused.

Hyesung looked confused and didn't know what to answer, 'Hmm... Hmm...'

Mrs Shin laughed at his cuteness, 'I was just kidding, Hyesung. Of course, I would accept Eric! You are happy with him right?' she asked.

'Very very happy!' he grinned widely.

She giggled and looked at Eric to say, 'Well then, welcome to our family! You will be staying in the guest room beside Hyesung's room. Is that okay with you? I'm sorry if it's uncomfortable and small for you'

Eric shook his head, 'This is MORE than enough, aunty. I appreciate it' he said.

(After dinner)

'Thanks for the dinner, aunty. It was amazing' Eric smiled.

He thanked God that this family was so kind to let him stay with them.

'No problem. Glad that you like it' she smiled back and proceeded to wash the dishes.

'I'm going to see my friend for awhile' Eric announced as he had already put on his shoes.

'Okay. But don't come home too late' Mrs Shin nodded and said it out loud from the kitchen

'Alright!' Eric replied back.

'Eric-ah, where are you going?' Hyesung tilted his head.

'I'm going to meet my friends for awhile. But I'll come home soon' he explained.

'Stay safe okay... Hmm...' Hyesung paused his sentence.

'Hmm?'

'Bye!' Hyesung gave a quick peck on the lips and ran to his room because of embarrassment.

Eric was stunned by his action but later grinned widely and chuckled.

What a cute boyfriend.

(At Woodong's house)

Knock... Knock... Knock...

'Eric?' Dongwan seems surprised to see him standing in front of his door.

'He he, hello Dongwan. I hope I'm not disturbing you guys' he said apologetically.

'No no! Not at all!' he remarked and gestured Eric to come in.

'Minwoo! Eric is here!' Dongwan called.

'Okay!'

Seconds later, Minwoo came out from the bathroom and smiled widely when he saw his best friend sitting comfortably on the couch.

'Hey, Eric!' he greeted.

'Oh, hey' he smiled.

'What's up?'

'Nothing much. I have a story to tell' Eric shrugged his shoulder.

'Oh, thanks' Eric said when Dongwan gave him a can of beer.

Dongwan and Minwoo cuddled together on another couch, ready to hear Eric's story.

'I am officially a disgrace to my family. As a result, I am disown by them this evening' Eric said casually.

'What?! What did you do?!' Minwoo bombarded him with questions.

'I just told them that I'm not going to get marry to Jimin because I love Hyesung. And they freaked out'

'Wah, I'm glad to hear that' Dongwan commented.

Eric nodded and replied, 'You're right, Minwoo. Just because one is looking at the world from a different perspective, doesn't mean one cannot feel and understand the meaning of love' he quoted what Minwoo's said during the party.

'Is that mean..?' Minwoo tried to asked but Eric cut him off by nodding.

'Oh God! I'm so happy for you Eric!' Minwoo said happily.

He literally jumped off the couch and hugged the older guy.

'I wish you guys happiness forever and ever' Dongwan smiled widely.

'Thanks, guys' Eric smiled back.

'Just stay here for the time being, Eric' Minwoo offered.

'I already have a place to stay'

'Really? Where?' Minwoo asked.

He knew that Eric supposedly didn't have anywhere to stay because by now, his parents cut off everything.

'Hyesung's place'

Minwoo and Dongwan looked at each other and smirked.

'That's quite fast. Even Dongwan and I moved in together after 1 year together' Minwoo smirked.

'Y-Yah, his mum offered me. I couldn't say no to her' Eric started to blush.

Minwoo and Dongwan laughed when they saw Eric blush. It was unusual to see him blush like that.

'Anyway, I'm here to take my card' Eric said and looked at Minwoo.

Minwoo understood his meaning and nodded. He went inside his bedroom and seconds later, he gave the 'card' to Eric.

'I didn't expect that you will use it' Minwoo said.

'Yeah, me too' Eric sighed.

It was a debit card that Eric created under Minwoo's name if anything happened. If it was under Minwoo's name, Eric's parents can't find his hidden money. For an example, like this. Every month, Eric would bank in a quarter of his salary into the account and now, he had more than enough money to live alone.

'It's getting late now. I most probably should go' Eric said and bid goodbye.

'Yeah, you should' Minwoo smirked.

Eric knew his hidden meaning.

'Yah! I have my own room in his house' Eric said.

'I didn't say anything' he smirked more.

'Ugh, whatever!' he pouted.

(At Hyesung's house)

'I'm home' Eric announced.

'Welcome home, Eric-ah!' Hyesung waved his hands.

'Why aren't you in bed yet?' Eric asked. He was pretty sure that Mrs Shin had gone to bed as it was 10 o'clock.

'I am waiting for you'

'Why?'

'Well, I'm scared if you won't come back' he said softly.

Eric smiled faintly and put his fingers on Hyesung's chin, 'Don't ever said that. I will come back, even if I stay somewhere else' he said smiling.

Hyesung nodded cutely, 'Okay then. I can go to bed now'

'Yeah, you can. Goodnight Hyesungie' Eric kissed his head as a goodnight kiss.

'Goodnight' he hugged Eric before going to his room.

(Next day)

'Eric, are you ready to work?' Mrs Shin asked after breakfast.

'I guess so' he nodded.

'Since we have enough workers at the restaurant, all you need to do is to be a waiter and a delivery boy since we now have delivery service' she explained.

'Okay'

'Do you know how to ride a motorbike?'

'I do but I have to sneak in the house to take my motorbike'

'If like that, you can be a delivery boy after you get your motorbike. For now, just be my handsome waiter' she winked.

Eric chuckled awkwardly, 'I'll try'

The first week it was difficult for Eric to adapt but with the help of Mrs Shin, he did his job well. To prove it, the sale increased tremendously after 1 month which was quite unusual for Mrs Shin's restaurant. And most probably because Eric's good looks that caught people's attention especially women. They came to the restaurant just to take a good look at Eric.

'It seems like it was a right choice hiring you' Mrs Shin smirked when Eric went to the counter to fill up the orders in the system.

'Excuse me?'

'These girls are here just to see you. Thanks to you, our sale has gone up by 20%' she winked.

'Hahaha, that's not right aunty. They come here because your food is so good' he said with a humble tone.

Mrs Shin joked, 'Tsk, being humble again this kid'

Eric laughed at her teasing and when e glanced at his watch, he knew he needed to pick up Hyesung.

'I'm going now, aunty' Eric announced.

'Alright, be safe'

Eric grabbed his helmet in Hyesung's 'playroom' and drove off with his motorbike. Speaking of motorbike, he had asked his sister to sneak the motorbike out the house and it worked. Now, he can help Mrs Shin more at the restaurant.

After Hyesung was discharged from the hospital, he got accepted into college to do a degree. At first, Eric was worried if Hyesung was going to get bullied but luckily, Hyesung had the courage to make friends and Eric took an initiative to know them too. Their names are Kangta and Ji Hoon and they seemed like a nice person.

Eric waited for Hyesung in front of the college gate. When he saw a ice cream truck nearby, he knew that Hyesung must've wanted it if he saw it.

'Hello, mister. Can I have one strawberry and one vanilla please?'

'Alright. Here you go, boy' the ice cream man smiled.

'Thank you' Eric said after handing him the exact amount of money.

As he was walking towards his motorbike, he heard Hyesung calling him.

'Eric-ah!' Hyesung grinned widely when he saw Eric.

'Hyesungie!' Eric waved his hands.

'Did you wait long?'

'No, I didn't. Matter in fact, I bought us an ice cream' Eric showed him two ice creams in his hand.

'Wah! I want this one!' Hyesung said happily while taking the strawberry flavoured ice cream.

'Thought so too'

(At Mrs Shin's restaurant)

'We're back!' Hyesung announced happily.

'Welcome back! How was school, Hyesung?' Mrs Shin greeted back.

'It was fun! Today the teacher gave us a test. Even though I didn't get all correct but he said I did great!'

'Really? That's good. Now, go home and get changed okay' she patted his hair.

'Okay!'

'Eric, you have 2 deliveries for tonight' Mrs Shin said and gave the address to him.

'Alright, I'll be right back' he nodded and walked out.

(An hour later)

'I'm back' Eric said after he took off his helmet from his head.

'Eric! Eric! Your friends are here!' Hyesung said cheerfully.

Friends?

'Hey, Eric' a voice spoke and when Eric looked at the owner's voice, he smiled happily.

It was Woodong couple! He had told them about Mrs Shin's restaurant and they said that they would come. After a month, they finally came.

'Minwoo! Dongwan!' Eric greeted happily.

'What's up, dude? Long time no see' Minwoo shook hands with him.

'Been busy. Finally, you guys came'

'Hahaha, yeah. We wanted to come last week but we've been busy too' Dongwan chuckled awkwardly.

'So, I guess that you've met Hyesung' Eric raised his eyebrows.

'Yes. We talked a lot when you weren't around. Right, Hyesung?' Minwoo smiled at Hyesung who was sitting beside Eric.

'Yes! Yes! We talked A LOT' he giggled.

'I see. Don't you think that you should do your homework right now?'

Hyesung glanced at his watched and groaned in protest.

'Aww man...' Hyesung sighed.

'I should get going. Night night, guys' he stood up and waved goodbye to Woodong couple.

'Goodnight, Hyesung' they waved back.

Hyesung gave his usual goodnight kiss to Eric and headed home before saying goodnight to his mum.

'Goodnight, mum!' Hyesung said and kissed her.

'Goodnight, honey' she smiled.

After Hyesung was gone, Minwoo said, 'You look a lot happier, Eric'

'I am. I like working here, with people that I love and am comfortable with' Eric said smiling.

'How was my parents?' Eric asked.

Even though he was disown, he wouldn't lie if he said he missed them a little. Minwoo and Dongwan looked at each other and sighed.

'They are good' they smiled awkwardly.

'That's good then'

Eric knew that they knew what he meant when he asked about their parents. And not surprisingly, they didn't care about him at all.

Minwoo quickly changed the subject and it made Eric forgot about it for awhile. After talking for hours, Woodong couple bid goodbye when they realised it was closing time at the restaurant.

'I'm sure that everything will be better with your parents' Minwoo remarked before heading back.

'Yeah, I hope so'

(Later that night)

Knock... Knock... Knock...

Eric slowly opened his sleepy eyes and walked towards the door. Who the hell could have knocked the door in the middle of the night?

Just when he opened the door, Hyesung hugged him tightly.

'Woah, what's wrong Hyesung?' Eric asked in his sleepy voice.

'I-I have a nightmare... Can... Can I sleep with you tonight?'

'Of course, you can. Come in' Eric guided Hyesung and together, they lied down on Eric's bed.

Eric saw Hyesung's body shaking and could heard his inconsistent breath rate. He slowly s his arms around Hyesung's waist and said, 'Shhh, Hyesungie. I'm here, don't worry'

He could felt Hyesung nodded and replied, 'Don't leave me tomorrow okay'

'Okay' Eric kissed his head.

In minutes, they both drifted asleep.