Hello, Stranger

Freedom To Love

'I'm done!' a voice suddenly spoke up during a private meeting in one of the largest company in Korea. 

The tall and dark handsome guy in a black Armani suit stood up and walked out from the meeting room. He ignored all the shouts of people who were calling him. He had enough for the day and needed to get out from the building, more specifically to get away from people around him. The guy who was named Eric Mun went to the basement and unlocked his Ferrari 458 Spider. 

' them!' Eric hissed under his breath and drove off. 

As he was driving, all of his thoughts came at once making the guy crazy and under stress. Handling a dangerous machinery wasn't a good idea as he sped up, exceeded the speed limit. He gripped the wheels tighter and cutting other cars on the road. 

When he found out that his parents decided to match him with an unknown girl from another rich family, he was beyond furious as he didn't think about getting married yet. He wouldn't say that he loves his life since his parents have took control over it since he was a young boy. 

Now that he thought of it, he never did anything by himself for the last 27 years of his life. Every choice, every words, his parents have done them for him. Unlike his older sister, he was the 'luck' in the family as he was the only son. Being a male in the family had make him like a slave since he needed to compete with his other cousins for the 'Chairman' spot in the oil and gas company. 

He drove his car slowly when he realised that he was in an unknown area. When he looked around, he was at a small town. Outskirt of Seoul maybe. He was about to passed by a bridge when he saw a beautiful scenery beside it. He stopped his car and walked out. Thinking of doing something daring, he sat on the edge of the bridge.

'Hmm, if I die tonight, I won't regret anything' Eric said as he looked down from the bridge.

As he was trying to calm himself down and saying to himself not to think about anything, someone pulled him behind making him and the unknown figure fell into the ground. For Eric, he didn't hurt at all because he fell onto the figure's body.

He got off from the figure and yelled angrily, 'What the hell did you do that for?!'

Eric realised that the figure was a guy. A very pretty guy. Soft milky skin, pouty lips, round eyes, brown hair...

What the hell Eric?! He's a guy!

The guy slowly stood up shaking and took a few steps away from Eric. He said without looking at Eric, 'I-I'm sorry... I don't... Want you... Jump... Have seen... A lot of people... Jump' 

The way he speaks made Eric curious about him. Why is he talking like that? Judging from his appearance, Eric would say he was in his early 20s but younger than him.

'I'm not trying to jump' Eric frowned.

The figure nodded his head and mumbled something that Eric couldn't understand. The way the figure was acting made Eric intrigued.

'What's your name?' Eric asked.

'Shin...'

'Shin?' Eric frowned. When he tried to walk up to the 'Shin' guy, he quickly took a step back. By that, Eric knew he should just stay at his own place.

'Hyesung... Shin Hyesung' 

'Why aren't you looking at me? That's rude, you know' Eric asked.

He noticed how Hyesung shook his head, 'People don't like being stared by me... They said... I don't belong' 

'Why?' Eric can't understand him more than before.

'Because I am autistic' he said softly.

With those words, everything made sense to Eric and he felt like a ball hit his head hard. He never encountered autistic people before but he suddenly felt like he wanted to know about them. Especially about the guy in front of him.

'Hey, look at me. I don't think that you don't belong' 

Hyesung shook his head.

'Please?' Eric said gently.

Hyesung took a deep breath and looked at Eric. Directly into the eyes. Eric sighed in relieved and gave a small smile to him. Maybe because Hyesung could sense that Eric was being sincere, that Hyesung gave a grin at him.

'That's better. Now I can see your face clearly' Eric remarked. He could see a faint blush on Hyesung's cheeks and it made him look cuter.

'Come here. It's dangerous standing in the middle of the road' Eric called him.

With that, Hyesung slowly made his way standing opposite of Eric but he still kept a safe distant. Suddenly, he pointed to the bridge.

'Why are you sitting there?'

Eric looked at the bridge and looked back at him, 'I just need to calm myself. The scenery this evening is beautiful' 

'Something... Made you sad?'

'A bit' 

Eric shrugged his shoulder. But he could felt a pair of arms snaking around his waist and a head leaning against his broad chest. 

'What the... Why are you hugging me?' Eric frowned. He doesn't like it when people made body contact with him.

'Making you feel better' Hyesung mumbled.

Eric's heart melted by Hyesung's sincere words. Never once people did that to him. All they did was saying that he'll be okay or everything is going to be fine. 

'Don't your parents teach you not to hug strangers?' Eric teased.

Hyesung's eyes widen and quickly released himself from Eric. He looked everywhere but Eric and started to bit his fingers.

Uh oh, wrong move Eric.

'Mum... Scold me' Hyesung said.

An idea popped, 'She won't. I won't tell her' Eric took out his pinky finger to interlace with Hyesung's.

'R-Really?'

'Really' Eric nodded. With that, Hyesung happily interlaced his pinky finger.

'Let me send you home' Eric offered but Hyesung shook his head.

'Why?' Eric frowned.

God, this is hard!

'Mum said... Don't go anywhere with strangers' 

Eric sighed as he knew he would said that, 'If I tell you my name, would you please let me send you home? Then we won't be strangers anymore' 

'You won't lie?' Hyesung innocently asked.

'I won't' Hyesung nodded in agreement.

'Ok, listen carefully okay. My name is Eric Mun. E R I C. M U N' he emphasised his name so that Hyesung would totally understand it.

'Eric Mun' Hyesung said softly.

'That's correct. Now, can I send you home?' Eric asked. 

Hyesung nodded.

Eric smiled in victory. He opened the passenger seat for Hyesung and carefully make sure that his head won't hit the car, 'Careful' Eric remarked.

In the car, Eric realised Hyesung didn't wear his seatbelt. 

'Why aren't you wearing your seatbelt?'

'Hmm?' Hyesung looked at him with confusion.

Eric facepalmed to himself, how can he forgot about his autism. Eric leaned forward to Hyesung and helped him to buckle up his seatbelt. 

'What's this?' Hyesung asked while he kept touching and staring at the seatbelt.

'That's what we called seatbelt. It's to prevent us from getting into accidents' Eric explained.

Eric didn't think that Hyesung understood him as he just nodded carelessly.

'Your safety' Eric explained in a shorter version. Now, Hyesung understood completely when Eric saw his smile.

'You remember the way to your house right?'

'Yes' 

At last, Eric saw at a medium size house and he can see a woman pacing back and forth in front of the gate. As soon as he stopped the car, Hyesung tried to get off the car excitedly but failed as he forgot to unbuckled the seatbelt. Eric chuckled silently and helped Hyesung with the seatbelt. With that, he jumped out the car while Eric just opened his window car.

'Hyesung-ah! Oh my gosh! Where did you go?! If your mum finds out, she would kill me!' she said frantically.

His mum?

Hyesung pointed his finger to Eric.

'He tried to jump from the bridge... And then, he sent me home' Hyesung explained.

I wasn't going to jump, geez!

The aunty just chuckled and patted Hyesung's hair.

'What would this kind stranger's name be?' she smiled.

Hyesung shook both of his hands and said, 'No no, his name is Eric... Eric Mun... He's not a stranger'

The aunty just chuckled louder, 'Okay then. Thank you, Eric-sshi' she bowed.

'Ah it's okay, madam. I just want him to get home safely' Eric humbly said.

'Thanks again, son' she smiled again.

She looked at Hyesung and took out her hand as her sign for Hyesung to grab it. 

'Let's go back, Hyesung. Your mum must've been worrying about you' she said gently.

'Okay aunty!' Hyesung said cheerfully and together, they walked together towards a certain direction before saying goodbye to Eric.

'Bye bye, Eric!' Hyesung shouted.

Eric just gave him a faint smile and waved goodbye. As soon as he saw Hyesung and his 'aunt' left, he drove off. Unconsciously, Eric's rage has decreased tremendously and he even chuckled about today's incident. He didn't expect his bad day would turned out like this, which was to meet a different yet interesting guy.