the boy who likes blue.

Count To Three (Say Hi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

the boy who likes blue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As Sehun was totally into his book, he didn't hurriedly notice that someone sat across of him at the table. He wouldn't be able to do much even if he knew. That was the reason why he flipped to the next page, it was surely just Kai who needed attention. Everyone else around Sehun were eating and noisily chatting with their friends. This wasn't the most ideal place to read because he needed complete silence. However he had to meet Kai for whatever reason, just to talk.

 

 

 

Finishing the page was the sign for Sehun to look up. Instead of his friend's face, he made eye-contact with someone else. Someone he didn't think would come, "Lu Han...?" He asked confused, "What are you doing here?" Sehun put his book down and tried to control his surprise. The other curled his hands into fists and looked to the right and left, checking if he was followed by his admirers. It was now time to answer, he hesitated.

 

 

 

Lu Han looked at him through the tousled fall of his hair, his eyes narrowed as he considered what to say. He knew why he came. He just had to do it. But Sehun's gaze made it difficult for him. It was deep and penetrating, one that seemed to slide past the problematic barrier of Lu Han and read his thoughts off of the external of his mind. But how was Sehun supposed to know what Lu Han was thinking? That wasn't possible at all.

 

 

 

To escape the suffocating feeling of getting caught, Lu Han tried to keep his face impassive as buzzes raced through him. His mind was running with plain awareness, but it was impossible to stop the warmth creeping into his cheeks in response to Sehun's study. "I..." He reservedly started and looked down, he had to do this. It was easy. Sehun had saved his life by keeping him away from the street. Right? It was because of him that Lu Han was still here, he had to repay this kindness.

 

 

 

 

Lu Han uncurled his fist into a straight hand and slid something over the table so that it stopped in front of the book. He had the whole time something in his fist that he wanted to give Sehun. Eventually, Sehun reached forward to take the wrapped sweet, regarding it in faint astonishment. He almost didn't remember why exactly he would get that. The frown on his brow deepened, and there was no mistaking the thoughts that were carving its way into his expression as he shifted on his seat.

 

 

 

He looked up and caught Lu Han deeply staring at him.

 

 

 

Straightaway, Lu Han quietly gasped and glanced aside and pretended to not have looked. He was a bad liar. "You didn't have to give me anything..." Sehun responded, letting his voice slip-up into the laidback, cold tones of his usual self. "...but I will accept it. I guess." He leaned back against his chair and held the sweet between his index-finger and thumb. Sehun didn't think that he had done anything to have deserved this. Really, he didn't think that it was a big deal.

 

 

 

Lu Han broke into a little relieved smile and when Sehun saw this too, Lu Han dropped that smile and timidly played with his fingers. To be very honest, he had other reasons to have come. He wanted to know Sehun better, he was interesting. On the surface he seemed boring and unexciting. But Lu Han could see further than that, because when Sehun pulled him back from the streets he could see genuine concern in his eyes.

 

 

 

That was a nice change for once. Not saying that Sehun was insincere with his feelings. He just didn't express it well. Lu Han was just about to be voice the questions out that were on his mind, to know better, but the words didn't pass his lips. They just stayed within Lu Han and all he could do was show a little smile.

 

 

 

 

 

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

 

 

 

 

Lu Han froze. It looked like Sehun had seen through that excuse. Placing his palm under his chin, Sehun leaned forwards and waited for the answer.  Perhaps the awkward friendliness between them had already faded away and all that was left behind was to be actual friends. What were they even? Did Sehun consider him as a friend? If not then what exactly was he? Whatever they were...Lu Han would definitely be fine with the outcome.

 

 

 

Because Sehun was the first one to treat him normally and not put him on a pedestal.

 

 

 

Sehun was like a refreshing breeze in Lu Han's everyday life. He was most likely not like a breeze but that didn't matter because Sehun was uplifting. He was different, boring but different. It took trust and ready to make new changes for Lu Han to build new friendships. He was contented with Baekhyun and Chanyeol alone but he was open for new people. In all the years Lu Han spent trying to overcome his speaking fear he was now the most successful.

 

 

 

He was glad that Sehun was leading him and not forced him to speak.

 

 

 

Abruptly, he realised that Lu Han was no longer looking at the table. His gaze was already lifted, meeting Sehun's thoughtful stare confrontationally. He was waiting for a response, watching Lu Han with his head tipped fractionally to the side as if he was trying to understand what Lu Han wanted to ask. Why didn't Sehun ask anymore? They were just staring. If he would ask one more time then Lu Han was confident enough to respond. Though this wouldn't happen.

 

 

 

One eyebrow was arched in oddity, and a faint flush brushed across Lu Han's cheeks. "Hi...!" He raised his hand and then slowly put it down.

 

 

 

He could by this time hear Sehun scoff, "You just wanted to greet me?"

 

 

 

An unhurried nod from Lu Han.

 

 

 

 

Letting out an understanding sound, Sehun removed the hand under his chin and leaned once again back. "Good to know that you didn't forget about that. I actually wanted to tell you something as well." He titled his head, yes Sehun had to say something to him. This on its own was surprising enough so Lu Han patiently waited for him to speak. Was that really true? Sehun wanted to say something? "I dislike it to ask for help but I have a problem." He went on and opened the book, displaying a random page.

 

 

 

 

Again, Lu Han nodded and put his hands together.

 

 

 

 

"I need you to help me with taking care of a child."

 

 

 

 

 

Taking care of a child?

 

 

 

 

Lu Han hesitated, pursing his lips and glancing down on his lap, not daring to meet Sehun's eyes. Did he hear correctly? What did that even mean? He didn't want to speak out the thoughts that lingered in his mind, but it was necessary. "C-Child...?" With apprehension clear in his voice Lu Han asked and regarded Sehun. Lu Han couldn't face all this without considering the possibility of misunderstanding it. If he heard wrongly then he was done for.

 

 

 

"Mm." Sehun closed his book as he confidently met Lu Han's eyes. "I have to watch over the child of my neighbour because she and my mom want to go out today." He elaborated quietly. "If I refused or accepted is not of importance. But it's obvious that I...did not voluntarily agree to this. I was robbed off my human rights."

 

 

He glanced at Lu Han from behind the fall of black hair across his brow, watching Lu Han stare right back at him. He seemed to understand this and loosened his serious expression.

 

 

 

Sympathetic as ever, Lu Han placed his palm over his mouth. "P-Poor...y-"

 

 

 

"I know. Poor me." Sehun interrupted as he threw the sweet up and caught it, "But I will be fine if you accompany me. Don't you think so?" He watched the indecision flicker over Lu Han's features, but it was clear that he couldn't- wouldn't refuse. He wasn't the person to refuse and if anything he felt even more obligated to help since Sehun had helped him the other night. Shining brown emphasising his eyes, Lu Han's shoulders were slumped as if he didn't have the energy left to hold them straight.

 

 

The answer was there. 

 

 

 

When he was preparing himself to make his suggestion he could hear the calls for his name. One quick lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter