the boy who smiles too much.

Count To Three (Say Hi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

the boy who smiles too much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was difficult to pinpoint Lu Han's expression since Sehun couldn't see his whole face which was partly covered by the cap.

 

 

 

Half-heartedly, Sehun was running or more jogging on the track field with his class since it was time for exercising. In far distance, Sehun could see the baseball team, where Lu Han was included, have a little practice game. Although he was physically exhausted and didn't want to run anymore, he was slightly distracted by a certain someone. His eyes didn't leave the baseball field and he watched as the ball rushed towards Lu Han who was the batter.

 

 

In seconds, Lu Han prepared to hit as he strengthened his clutch around the end of the bat. It was not the first time Sehun saw the elder engage himself in his club activities. Perchance it could be that Lu Han was just free but from the diary it was clear that he wanted to socialise. To be honest, Sehun's heart slightly raced up as the ball inched nearer to the batter. A rapid and sharp sound cracked all over the field, which made Sehun narrow his eyes and also caused by the excessive sunlight.

 

 

 

He could hear the teammates yell around for Lu Han to hurry up who already dropped the bat to sprint forwards.

 

 

 

 

"Sehun! Wait for me!"

 

 

 

 

In the background was Kai's pitiful and weak voice, struggling to stay stable. He had always been a pathetic runner and his stamina was also not very good. It was then that Sehun realized that his heartbeat was slowing down again because he stopped paying attention to whatever Lu Han doing. He wasn't excited but just curious. A little if that made sense.

 

 

 

With a few steps to one side, Sehun who had already passed his friend waited for him to catch up. "You need to get used to this." Sehun said blankly when Kai was huffing and panting to stay alive. At least they were next to each other now. The slower one did his best to keep going but it was harder than he thought. He still glared at Sehun who noticed when his head popped up from looking at the ground. There were students behind and before them so they weren't necessarily the slowest ones.

 

 

 

To roll his eyes, Sehun considerably raised his head and could actually see something white fly to their direction.

 

 

 

It was not possible to simply dismiss that because it was the ball Lu Han had hit. It wasn't on the baseball field anymore so it would be smart to assume that the one to hit it had to get it back. Even though he was running, Sehun's eyes and head followed the ball which landed in the bushes. It was a bit close to the track field so Sehun didn't think when he left the running area. Perplexed, Kai was sure to pull him back though afraid that their teacher would complain.

 

 

 

That left him with no option but keep on running.

 

 

 

 

 

Like predicted, the ball bounced against the leaves of the bushes and eventually stopped moving. Sehun seriously didn't know why he was doing this. He was always someone who did not want to do a lot. Running- no moving himself on its own was already a pain and now he was surrounded by leaves to only get the ball. When he reached out for it, he could hear that someone was in quick speed approaching him.

 

 

 

That could only be one person.

 

 

 

Their eyes met and Lu Han's widened, mouth falling open two times before he pursed his lips. Bright, sparkling brown eyes were confronted with Sehun's dull and bottomless ones. The setting sun was hitting his face. For Lu Han too but luckily the light was moderately hidden by the edge of his cap. There was also a dark shadow laying over the bridge of his nose and flushed cheeks.

 

 

For how long were they standing there? There wasn't much to say but seeing him like that brought a flashback back to his mind. Since the diary incident, Lu Han and he hadn't interacted with another. A possible reason could be not having enough time. This came good for Sehun because he wanted the other to forget about his other words. Saying that he would help Lu Han was not even planned. It would be better for both of them to just forget about the promise.

 

 

A of Sehun's eyebrow showed that he was more or less surprised to see him. He shouldn't have been because it was self-explaining that Lu Han would leave his team to get the ball back. "You came for this...right?" Sehun asked that didn't need an answer because didn't his presence say enough? Biting his bottom lip, the elder nodded his head and stretched his arm out. It was after all his fault that the ball had landed in such an inconvenient place.

 

 

 

 

 

A place that was close to Sehun.

 

 

 

 

It was true that Sehun couldn't be bothered to help Lu Han out. It was true that he usually didn't help people. But why did he still want to carry on? Why did so many theories of helping Lu Han come through his mind? He should have repressed it but he couldn't. He blamed it on the way Lu Han looked at him. So innocent and clueless. His hands, like always clutched the fabric of the shirt from his baseball uniform. He wrinkled the portion of his uniform just above his chest.

 

 

 

"If you want this then you have to say please." After a short while Sehun challenged, tilting his head just right, along with a small lift to the side of his mouth. It had some effect because Lu Han blinked several times, at lost for words. It was not like he would have said something anyway. His face was pulled tight in concentration. Skin creased between his eyebrows. His jaw was clenched as those words reverberated in his mind and he went over them again.

 

 

Saying please wouldn't be too demanding. If Lu Han was able to bring out 'name' then he would definitely be able to say other words. A long sentence wasn't even necessary from him. Only a short please. "If you really want this ball back then I would suggest you to hurry up. I have to start running again." He sighed and threw the ball up before catching it again with one hand. As much as Lu Han disliked it- he had to do the first step.

 

 

 

The air around them was tense and Lu Han felt anxious because of it. A heavy feeling tugged over his heart as he watched Sehun waiting for the answer. What should he do? He did already once say a word but that didn't mean he could continue to speak. He could faintly hear his teammates call his name, they were still waiting for the ball. Lu Han wanted to talk- he did but nothing came out. His shoulder only hunched down, his almost-vocalisations died in his throat.

 

 

 

 

From that Sehun could tell that Lu Han was genuinely conflicted. His face screamed fear and confusion until he was suddenly struck with the realization that he had to keep going. It was only saying one word. Looking at Sehun's hand worryingly, Lu Han tried to reach out to the ball. "P...." Unfortunately he couldn't speak anymore- it didn't work.

 

 

Sehun noted the fear and apprehension that shone over those brown eyes. But he couldn't take it back. It would be better for Lu Han to overcome it, the sooner the better for him. With one glance down to Lu Han's trembling hand, his plan started to break apart. Was he really too early? But why couldn't he say 'name', what was the difference?

 

 

 

The screaming students called for Lu Han, how long did it take to get the ball back?

 

 

 

Throwing the ball up and then catching it again, Sehun sighed as the options ran through his mind, each as unaccommodating as the last. Even though he couldn't care less about it, he still wanted to help. He wanted him to talk. It surely wasn't the time yet so Sehun threw the ball back. Even if he wasn't certain how long it would take for Lu Han to be more confident. Stunned, Lu Han caught it. It did look like Sehun didn't have enough faith in him. Was it discouraging? Yes it was but it was his own fault.

 

 

Lu Han really wanted to talk but he just couldn't. The way he looked said enough about how he felt. He turned around and marched back to his field. He was so dumb. Finally someone was ready to help but Lu Han was too much of a coward to open his mouth. He clutched the ball forcefully in his hand, his fingers were tightly pressed against the fabric of the ball. His eyes were dazed and pinched, unclear with the sad realisation still lingering in his body.

 

 

 

 

At any other time, he would have overcome that but right now the awareness was embarrassing.

 

 

 

He pressed his lips together, hiding his red face with one hand, he seriously messed up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun also r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter