the boy who does not speak.

Count To Three (Say Hi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

the boy who does not speak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was almost impossible to miss the screams and yelling from the football field.

 

 

 

This also included Sehun who had nothing better to do than watch the game from his classroom's open window. It was lunch time though rather than eat, Sehun occasionally drank from his bubble tea that he bought and observed the field. They probably divided their school's football team into two groups so that they could play against each other. It was good practice and surely fun for the players since the weather was sunny.

 

 

 

Throughout the whole game, Sehun had a blank expression and was only from time to time drinking. He was kind of bored but that was better than go with Kai who planned to do things. Things that required Sehun to move himself which was unmanageable because Sehun got easily exhausted. It was through luck but a while ago he spotted Lu Han being part of the team. Like Sehun predicted, he didn't talk at all but his expressions were enough for his teammates to understand.

 

 

 

He was pretty good. This Lu Han. Sehun could easily acknowledge that even though he didn't properly pay attention to the game. His mind was just going around thinking about this and that. He was somewhat curious about Lu Han but it was not like they would meet again. Sehun already gave him the drink as a thank you so there wasn't much to do it. Biting on his straw he narrowed his eyes because it seemed like Lu Han's team had won.

 

 

 

How did he know that? It definitely was a win because Lu Han and his teammates were cheering and hugging each other. To be honest what did Lu Han sound like? Sehun's lips parted, but whatever he was going to say vanished in his throat, freed in a drowsy sigh. After placing his bubble tea next to him on the window sill, he slowly clapped his hands to congratulate the winner team. His face however remained inexpressive even over something to be happy of.

 

 

 

When he stopped clapping, his eyes moved back to Lu Han and he could clearly hear a particular sound coming from him.

 

 

 

Lu Han and the other players were patting each other's shoulders. After the fifth guy, the next one pulled Lu Han closer and whispered something into his ear. Immediately, Lu Han's eyes brimmed with tears of joy, and the smile pulling his lips broke into a shy grin. The enjoyment was completely thrown over his face. He seemed to laugh while holding his sides as laughter escaped from deep within his chest. That was the first time Sehun had heard his voice and although the football field wasn't close-by, one was able to hear it.

 

 

 

 

This only would go back to the question why wouldn't talk.

 

 

 

 

It wasn't that Sehun was that interested as he closed the window and grabbed his empty drink.

 

 

 

 

 

There was seriously too much sunshine that it simply heated the room up. Sehun sighed out loud and regarded his cup while trying to not think about Lu Han's reason for being quiet. It wasn't an explanation that was more important than anything else- it wouldn't affect Sehun in any way even if he would find out. Though somehow a small insignificant voice told him that it was essential that Sehun needed to understand.

 

 

 

They weren't close enough to even talk to each other so how should that work?

 

 

 

He couldn't just ask Lu Han why he didn't speak. That would be insensitive and none of Sehun's business anyway. He didn't know why he cared in the first place. He wasn't a genius, but he knew how much it annoyed him that he had to think about that. He had no plans of befriending anyone and again why was this his business?

 

 

 

Sehun sighed for the third time and threw his cup to the direction of the trash can.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He missed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that day, Sehun was walking with Kai to their next lesson who just wouldn't stop talking about something.

 

 

 

Sehun would know if he had listened.

 

 

 

 

"You never listen to me!"

 

 

 

 

Upon hearing this, Sehun looked over his shoulder, his eyes darting up and down Kai's annoyed face. He knew that if Sehun was distracted then he wouldn't listen, at all. "I believe that my stories aren't that boring." Kai huffed as his arms were folded across his chest, closed off and self-justifying, it marked every aspect of his position. He knew that Sehun was a bad listener but he could have at least pretended that he was listening.

 

 

 

"Sorry I was just thinking about something."

 

 

 

 

Was he serious? Kai looked at the other in disbelief, "For real? Mind sharing what?" He went on ignoring the unspoken sound of protest from Sehun on purpose. Kai's smirk was unbelievably conceited, of course it was. He assumed that Sehun was rather thinking about someone. Why would someone like him who didn't do much waste his thoughts about something unimportant?

 

 

 

Sehun raised his eyebrow, "It's nothing important." He successfully dodged the highly private question which only caused Kai to fell into laughter. If he was responding like that and still had the nerve to ignore Kai's very exciting story then it had to be important. No matter who but nobody would be ever able to ignore his stories. What made it worse, was that Sehun's face was always so impassive so nobody would be able to tell what kind of thoughts would go through his mind.

 

 

 

 

Determination darted across Kai's face.

 

 

 

 

 

He would definitely find out what held Sehun's interest like that. He was good at reading people even if it was someone like Sehun.

 

 

 

"Why are you grinning like that?" The younger asked, briefly turning his head to the other.

 

 

 

"Nothin-" Kai stopped answering because there was something more attention-grabbing going on. There was a crowd of students in front of them standing in a messy circle which surely meant that something must have happened. Sehun straightaway turned around with his hands in his pockets, saying that whatever happened would just be too bothersome.

 

 

 

"Bye." Sehun calmly said while leaving however Kai scoffed and pulled him back from the backside of Sehun's collar. He was always running away; so indolent.

 

 

 

With effort they managed it to squeeze themselves between people and eventually were able to see what was going on.

 

 

 

Sehun was to a little extent surprised to see Lu Han in the midst of this all.

 

 

 

Nevertheless Lu Han curled his hands into fists and pressed them against his chest while his eyes were focused on the floor. His usually clear eyes were dull, filled with hints of worry. Lu Han looked really nervous. As Sehun was too busy looking at him, observing the small signals of his body and studied their objectives, he didn't notice that there was someone standing in front of Lu Han.

 

 

A girl that Sehun effortlessly recognised stepped forwards and pointed at her empty coffee cup, "So what are you going to do about this huh?" She raised her voice and with more and more time, Sehun found himself spotting important details. For example her white shirt was evidently stained with coffee. Things like that would make it less challenging for Sehun to find out what really happen.

 

 

 

 

A couple of boys instantly took Lu Han's side:

 

 

 

"Leave him alone!"

 

 

"It was an accident!"

 

 

"Don't be so bitter!"

 

 

 

 

Well words like that made her only angrier. Of course it was an accident; the only thing she wanted to hear was an apology, "You guys are so pathetic! Siding with him because you have the hots for him right?" She frowned and slightly waved the plastic cup to the left and right to display that there was seriously nothing inside it. There was also nothing inside those guys' brains, thinking that they will end up with their crush.

 

 

 

Sehun could in a matter of seconds conclude that Lu Han must have accidentally bumped into her and therefore splashed the coffee against her chest. It didn't look like it was still hot which would lead to the point that Soojung only wanted an apology from Lu Han. She had transferred a few weeks ago an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter