the boy who thinks too much.

Count To Three (Say Hi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

the boy who thinks too much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It felt good. To have made Lu Han talk. Sehun didn't help others a lot though he felt strangely satisfied when Lu Han greeted him repeatedly. It was like he was the cause of that. His expression was therefore relaxed when he left his classroom. Sehun was tired like always but still in a good mood. He didn't know why. He could only blame Lu Han's happiness that he finally managed it to speak.

 

 

 

He didn't need to feel thankful towards Sehun because he didn't do anything. It was Lu Han alone who greeted him. It was true on so many levels. Quickly, Sehun was trying to push Lu Han into the right direction by giving him a hand. He wanted to keep his nose out of Lu Han's personal life but he couldn't help. It interested him. Though he could actually never tell him that. Perhaps it was just simple curiosity. But the curiosity went deeper, more voiced out. There was something between them.

 

 

 

 

And Sehun wasn't sure if he even wanted to find out.

 

 

 

 

He stared emptily at one of his papers, his eyes out-of-focus as the black words whirled in front of him. He walked past students, shoulders brushing as his eyes glanced back at the many black words on the paper. Sehun was finally on his break after working on essays nonstop which he usually didn't do. He had slept in the library for hours, the increase of the calming quietness leaving him completely oblivious to the time.

 

 

 

 

 

Though after that, he remembered that he actually had things to do.

 

 

 

Despite thinking that his grades were alright, he could easily polished his maths a bit up. Sehun thought that it was time to improve in maths. Who would be able to possibly give him a hand? Kai wasn't smart and he was pretty much the only person Sehun could talk to. There was someone else too but he would surely be too shy to do something. Lu Han was definitely kind but would he really be able to teach someone if he had just learned how to greet somebody? Not really.

 

 

 

Sehun had sensed it before Lu Han that the latter needed some time. He was certainly not used to being taught and Sehun talking to him was new to him. On the other hand, it would be great practice for Lu Han to teach Sehun maths. Perhaps he could be more used to these situations afterwards. Situations in where he would be required to speak.

 

 

 

He would be under pressure.

 

 

 

 

Maybe Sehun had noticed it when they had first seen each other but Lu Han ignored his desire to say something. He was too afraid to even think of those emotion in general and friendship in particular. Hopefully after getting the hang of it, he would be able to interact properly with others and make plenty of friends. Sehun himself did not like to mingle with others but over time he had begun to feel its pull. It was quite pleasant to be with someone for a change.

 

 

 

No offense to Kai.

 

 

 

 

Someone carrying a huge load of papers over a box was walking towards Sehun. Just from seeing his legs, Sehun could identify that person and promptly moved to the left side of the hallway. Why was Lu Han carrying so much stuff? School council papers?

 

 

While side-eyeing Lu Han's obvious troubles with carrying that all, Sehun walked past him with a slightly surprised face.

 

 

 

It was really him. That wouldn't change Sehun's decision but definitely impacted it. He curled his hand into fists and closed his eyes- that wasn't his business. He had already meddled too much in Lu Han's everyday life so what he was thinking of would make it only worse. Sehun liked it to keep his distance from others but seeing the other in such an unfortunate situation wasn't visually pleasing. Sehun closed his eyes and took a deep breath; that would seriously be the last time. 

 

 

 

Even in his weakest frame of mind such a thing had no actual place in Sehun's thoughts. He liked it to stay out of trouble. He only wanted to care about himself, it wasn't selfish but human. Though Lu Han's pitiful appearance made it difficult for him to make decisions. On the surface it seemed as if he had done it for himself and not Lu Han, but underneath was a heavy matter of self-interest. He had done it because he needed and wanted to. Sehun was interested in Lu Han and he could do nothing to prove this wrong.

 

 

 

It didn't necessarily have a romantic based motive though Sehun couldn't help but turn around.

 

 

 

 

"Do you need help?" He asked loudly which also was not something he usually did.

 

 

 

 

When Lu Han turned around and flashed a modest smile, Sehun knew that he couldn't return to his routine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why did Lu Han even have to carry all that paper?

 

 

 

That was what Sehun asked himself when he took about three quarters worth of paper from Lu Han. They were all school papers probably for some kind of trip. Lu Han wasn't left with a lot of papers so he had no problems with opening the door of the school council room. It was quiet inside, a few students here and there typing on their computers. Lu Han headed to the place that seemed to be the desk of the president and dropped his part there.

 

 

Soon after, Sehun followed the example and placed the papers and the big desk.

 

 

He didn't expect a thank you from Lu Han at all. He didn't need anything, "You don't need to thank me." Sehun spoke quietly, hoping that Lu Han would leave it like that. But who was he kidding, Lu Han wouldn't leave it like that. He was more stubborn than he looked. Sehun quickly moved away which was stopped by Lu Han taking a hold of his elbow. Sehun mentally rolled his eyes- he didn't honestly want to be thanked.

 

 

 

He forced his persevering eyes to focus on the elder who stood next to the edge of the desk, his heart sinking as he saw bare determination in the Lu Han's expression, "T-Thanks!" He loudly said that made him sound angrier than he intended to. A few people looked over to them which left Sehun with nothing but the need to put his palm on his face. For Lu Han to say 'thanks' was great practice but Sehun did not like to hear those words. So bothersome. He did it because he wanted to. That was it. Nothing special about that.

 

 

 

Returning back to Lu Han, Sehun gave him a tired look. "It's good that you are starting to confidently speak but don't thank me. I don't like that. It makes me feel burdened." He stopped in front of Lu Han, arms hanging at his sides as he looked down at him critically. "Actually, if you are really thankful I have a request." This was a good opportunity to get the help in maths Sehun needed.

 

 

 

Lu Han's eyes slightly widened and he nodded his head despite not knowing what was going to be asked of him. And when Sehun spoke again there was the first hint of seriousness in his word. "I don't know how smart you are but I need help in maths. My grades aren't horrible but not that good either. I'm at risk of slipping down from my average marks. I would like to ask for help."

 

 

 

 

Help with maths?

 

 

 

 

Why him? Lu Han's mind was reeling with embarrassing scenarios. He had fought so hard to stay out of everyone's way. Why would he help Sehun? He couldn't even properly speak, how was he supposed to explain someone how maths worked? That was a horrible idea. Now all he could think was to not humiliate himself. Sehun was sharp-minded. He would never let Lu Han do something that would make him feel vulnerable. Sehun was kind notwithstanding everything he said to the contrary.

 

 

A clear answer was shown by Lu Han shaking frantically his head, "N-No...!" He stepped back, leaning against the edge of the desk. There was no way that he would do that. Lu Han looked at him, trying to wrap his confused mind around what was happening. Sehun was asking him for help? Lu Han couldn't do that. He didn't think and quickly took Sehun's own papers from the desk to give them back to him. He had to leave. His quick working hands however couldn't keep the papers in place as they slipped out of his fingers and fell down.

 

 

 

In the next second, Lu Han kneeled down and hurriedly picked them up one by one. He should have been more careful. He was almost done- the last paper which did not look like a maths related paper, caused Lu Han to halt. His name was written on it. And it seemed like a...love letter? Lu Han looked up to question the other but Sehun had no time for that because he snatched his papers from Lu Han's hands.

 

 

 

"It's not what you think." Sehun clearly stated but it was too late. A hundred theories were swirling in Lu Han's mind. His eyelashes fluttered closed, his face marked by confusion as he stood up. Sehun tried to not make him worried about it, but his words fell on deaf ears as Lu Han looked aside. Blinking up at the ceiling, Lu Han struggled to control the sad laughter that sought to pound in his chest. Did he seriously think that Sehun would be different? He probably needed an excuse to get closer to Lu Han.

 

 

 

He smiled at Sehun to indicate that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter